151 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lecirque.com/
- Phone: 2126440202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Sat 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For more than 25 years, Le Cirque has hosted enchanted evenings for elegant affairs, both large and small. Under the direction of our experienced banquet staff, we invite you to make your evenings truly special for your catering needs.
Please contact our Banquets & Catering department at 212.405.5095.
- Entertainment: We occasionally offer live jazz on Musical Mondays in our cafe starting at 8pm. Please check the "News" section of www.lecirquecafe.com for more info and a list of scheduled performances or call 212.644.0202.
- Special Events: For more than 25 years, Le Cirque has hosted enchanted evenings for elegant affairs, both large and small. Under the direction of our experienced banquet staff, we invite you to make your evenings truly special in Le Cirque's private dining rooms.
Please contact our Banquets & Catering department at 212.405.5095.
- Cross Street: Lexington & Third Avenues
- Public Transit: 4,5,6 and N,R,W at 59th Street & Lexington Ave.
F at 63rd Street & Lexington Ave.
E, M at 53rd Street & Lexington Ave.
M57 at 57th Street & Lexington Ave.
M101, M102, M103 at 57th Street & Lexington Ave.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is public parking directly across the street from the restaurant at 109 E. 58th Street, between Lex & 3rd. http://nyc.centralparking.com/opentable/6624
A word from Le Cirque
Sirio Maccioni once again welcomes friends and guests at his renowned Le Cirque at its home within the prestigious One Beacon Court (151 East 58th Street). Under the leadership of the Maccioni family including wife Egidiana, sons Mario, Marco, and Mauro, the legendary restaurant entertains and attends to patrons with its hallmark service, exciting atmosphere and excellent cuisine as it has done for almost 40 celebrated years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Le Cirque - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Le Cirque reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (55)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Perfect for a special occasion.IrishminstrelDined on 8/21/2014Went for my daughters 21 st birthday. From beginning to end the entire staff showed incredible proficiency and provided the perfect atmosphere. The six course chef tasting menus was perfectly paired with a collection of wines which complemented the visual and flavor feast. All the food was beautifully presented, wxplained and prepared. Not a single sour note. Would do this again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2014Always wanted to visit Le Cirque and on August 21st, 2014, I finally did. It was "our" 37th Anniversary, plus three years together prior, for a total of 40YEARS TOGETHER! A definitive location to celebrate, was of utmost importance. We could not have chosen a better restaurant to do so. Intimate, private, romantic table. Impeccable service. Food- superb! In essence, Le Cirque was perfection. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always 'fest parfait!!foodiefindsDined on 8/19/2014Thanks again for great service, supurb wine and delicious food, as always.... Always a hit with my oot guests;) MerciSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I've been here before, and I liked it so much so I decided to bring my guests from oversees to dine here. However this time was a little different...The food was fine, the staff seemed irritated and indifferent. And our dinner was finished with 20% gratuity on our check...Special Features:
- A big disappointment !LouisXiVDined on 8/14/2014The quality of the food was poor. The service was poor. The entree courses looked like they had been reheated several times as we waited half an hour for them. Fish reheated is not really healthy and may be the reason why my guest and I were not feeling well few hours after our diner. I went to "Le Cirque" this winter and had a good experience, may be this time the chef was on vacation ?
- Food and service were not up to repDianaVIPDined on 8/13/2014The service was terrible and the restaurant was not even crowded. No waiter came by to ask if we wanted coffee and we tried to catch a waiter to get more water and we were virtually ignored. The waiters walk around the restaurant with blinders on and do not pay attention to the clients. The appetizer was good: foie gras; the entree was greasy and not flavorful....melee; I ordered the chocolate souffle which was good but my guest order panna cotta which was so small that it was embarrassing. It was nothing special. All in all, I was very disappointed. I had been looking forward to the luncheon but was sadly unimpressed.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteAussieDined on 8/12/2014We never miss lunch at Le Cirque during foodweek. Their set items are straight off the regular menu, so it is exceptional value for money. Favorites are the risotto appetizer and chocolate souffle dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a perfectly lovely dinner with very attentive service and had no complaints. However, that said, there are many restaurants in New York that provide an equally wonderful (if not even more so) dining experience with a far more palatable tab. We wouldn't have booked dinner at Le Cirque if we couldn't afford it, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer to spend less rather than more when all other factors are equal. Consequently, Le Cirque doesn't sit at the top of our list, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely time!!!nathalie2kDined on 8/8/2014We went to Le Cirque for Diner and had a great time. Food was excellent. The decor and ambiance were pleasant. Great staff, specially the first sever we had (Wish he had stayed the night). I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. Great job guys!!!!Special Features:
- Iconic NYC dining experience!!TMurrayDined on 8/8/2014Everything about the dining experience from seating, ordering, food and after-dinner drinks was incredible and lived up to the reputation that is Le Cirque. Absolutely recommend and the opportunity to visit during NYC Restaurant Week was an added bonus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulaDined on 8/7/2014Le Cirque is my favorite - always a fantastic dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fancyDined on 8/6/2014Great atmosphere! Excellent food and service. The staff was very attentive and made us feel special.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinnerfirstDined on 8/1/2014We went to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It was our first time dining at Le Cirque. Overall the food was good but a tad on the salty side. The service was excellent. The biggest negatives were that the chairs were not comfortable and you could hear the other guests at tables nearby loud and clear. We happened to dine next to one patron who was quite vocal about the food and his personal life. It was not super pleasant to listen to the ins and outs of his life. The ambience into the restaurant was very beautiful and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I ordered the Pea Rosotto which was excellent, Trout for main which I did not eat because it was too fishy. cream brulee was amazing and always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and attitude cannot be beatwiscmomDined on 7/31/2014best part was wait staff. They are fantastic. Pablo assisted at our table. He made us feel so welcomed. The food was also great but honestly the staff made the place so very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RochiDined on 7/29/2014I was shocked when the hostess asked us if we were there for a la carte or restaurant week, when we said restaurant week, she told us that is in the cafe so you will have to wait for a table in that area; a few minutes later the maitre d, came and asked us how many and took us to a table in the main dining room. I always go there for restaurant week, and had never been asked that by the hostess. The food was so so, I ordered the pea risotto (blend) had the chicken (a little dry) the best part of my meal was the dessert, creme brulee....keeps being one of the best.
- Below expectations.loveagoodmealDined on 7/29/2014I felt ignored. Had to wait a long time and find waiter for bill. Second cup coffee was cold. Food unremarkable. Mgmt. having loud argument nearby most of meal. Felt like second class citizen vs. customers not doing restaurant week. For one of top restaurants in city, service, food, etc. was just mediocre. Shocked.
- Lovely food and great serviceyumfoodinmytumDined on 7/29/2014Dover sole meuniere and Pineapple desserts were the highlight. Wait staff deboned and reconstructed the dover sole with surgical precision. Was disappointed that I booked specifically for the restaurant but was still seated in the cafe section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner....clubquarkDined on 7/25/2014Went here for my wife birthday. The food was fantastic and love every time I come here to eat. I look forward to my next visit!!Special Features:
- Bad! Just bad!Dinelover007VIPDined on 7/25/2014That is not the first time I came visit this place , very very disappointed ! First they shipped me in other side of restaurant I don't know that is a special sepateation for NYC restaurant week, supper noise the young couple behide me, then food is horrible because it's cheap restrauant week menu! Even the regular menu my daughter ordered still not happy, she can't finish 1/2 duck!
- DenPatVIPDined on 7/24/2014Le Cirque has become my favorite restaurant. The menu is filed with excellent choices and there is no need to settle for only one favorites as in some other restaurants.Special Features:
- Lovely in every wayFaithVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was my third time dining at Le Cirque and it did not disappoint. The food was absolutely superb. Beautifully presented with classic french flourish, every bite was magical and memorable. The wine, an 09 silver Oak was one of the highlights of the evening, though my favorite had to be the chocolate souffle - dark and rich yet light as air. It was absolutely perfect. The service was good, though a bit tangled.Special Features:
- Continues to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Food, service and ambiance is conducive to a relaxing and delicious dinner or lunch. Great for a work dinner or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service, very good foodnarcDined on 7/21/2014I was there for the NYC summer restaurant week and the menu was quite substantial for the occasion. The peas risotto and the trout i chose were exceptionally well prepared. exquisite flavors and beautiful presentation. the waiters were very nice and the service was of high quality. excellent choice for lunch!Special Features:
- Still a classic, still one of best!peterwVIPDined on 7/11/2014It had been years since I'd been to Le Cirque, and I was not disappointed. The food and service were exceptional, as I remembered, and the new location is wonderful and inviting. Perfect for a special occasion or just a special meal!Special Features:
- Pure perfection!!CaroDined on 7/8/2014This week we had lunch in this beautiful restaurant. My husband, my mom, my son (10 years old), and I had an unforgettable time. Beautiful decoration, truly spectacular. Friendly, professional, and impeccable service. Wonderful food: risotto, lobster, lamb, escargots, duck, trout, desserts. Pure perfection. We definitely won't miss it in our next visit to New York. Dress up, this place deserves it. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have eaten at Le Cirque many times and this was not the best experience. The menu used to be far more varied. I ordered asparagus for an appetizer ($38.00) for four spears and found that ridiculously expensive. The meat dish that was ordered was tough and not lean. My girlfriend ordered the dover sole and that was excellent. The chocolate soufflé was mediocre and bitter. All in all, not a great experience. This was my last time. Restaurant was half empty for a Thursday night. I shouldn't be surprised.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience at Le CirqueAsburyParkerVIPDined on 6/21/2014We were overwhelmed by the grandiosity of Le Cirque (in a good way). The service was top notch and each staff member was very warm and friendly. The food was incredible overall--some misses in our book (ie the yellowtail) but at least it's innovative. The tartare & caviar was GREAT, chicken with wheatberries and cherries was unbelievable, and the tapioca caviar was one of the best dishes we've ever had, truly amazing. The ambiance isn't exactly modern but it's classic French NY. Not cheap, but we'd say it's worth the money. Definitely a trip we'll remember forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014Been here several times. Always good. Tartare and caviar was especially good.Special Features:
- Overpriced and UnderservedRestaurantFanaticVIPDined on 6/11/2014We ordered a salad for $22, nowhere near worth the price tag. We then had the chicken for two for $88. I would equate it to a baked chicken you could buy at Publix for less than $5. So $110 got us a marginal baked chicken and salad. When first seated we drank a glass of water for 20 minutes before finally presented with a menu and bread. We just sat there drinking water for another 15 minutes to place our order--albeit the bread was very good. In all we were there 2.5 hours to eat a half a chicken and a salad. Our waiter checked on us once after we received our meal. Insane! We ate at Spice Market the night before, spent twice the money, got twice the service and it was worth every penny. Avoid this place until they get it together.Special Features:
- Love this place5279Dined on 6/7/2014This is a very classy place and the food is always perfect. I am never disappointed whether I go to the location in NYC or Las Vegas. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:
- iri1000Dined on 6/6/2014Best duck breast I have eaten in New York since moving here in 1992! Everything was delicious. The venue was elegant and quiet. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdenDined on 6/5/2014We live in Florida but every time we visit New York we always dine at le cirque. We always have a great experience here. We always recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost the bestgrandeVIPDined on 6/5/2014As a single I sometime do not get the best service. Everyone was very nice except Alexio? The couple seated next to me came in about 10 minutes after I was seated and he took their order before mine--had to ask. After the meal they had their bill and I sat--no coffee etc--and sat. Finally I asked for my bill. The other staff was very nice- lovely atmosphere --fun china. This is for the rest. --One of the nice looking patrons came by the table and asked if I was a movie star--did not get to talk as one of the K. twins got up and wisked him away congratulating him on a deal(sorry I did not get to reply to the attractive man)so I did not look bad for the room. A. talked to the others in the room but not a smile for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artistic and delicious.CBJONESVIPDined on 6/4/2014Exceptional and great value in the prefix lunch.Special Features:
- Good food for a high priceJenniferVIPDined on 6/3/2014One liter of sparkling water will cost you $10 here. And the food was good, but not quite worth the price you pay for them. My dining companion was vegetarian and we asked what vegetarian options there were for the lunch prix fixe menu. They gave us some options which my dining companion took, but tried to charge us an additional $20 for them (without forewarning). Thankfully they were willing to waive the surcharge, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. The restaurant should either have a vegetarian version of the prix fixe menu, or allow vegetarian substitutions for no additional charge. (Or at least let us know if there would be additional charge.)Special Features:
- AmazingAzb1Dined on 5/31/2014Everyone must go here once during their life. Amazing food, amazing service. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occassion celebrationGMSASCDined on 5/31/2014Went with a group of people and expected a once in a lifetime dinner experience. It wasn't as expected, Bouley is better in service and a notch higher in food presentation and taste. Price is comparable. Ambiance is okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fancy and chiccoricori272Dined on 5/30/2014First time here. I had a wonderful experience. They have an extensive wine list and the bottle we ordered was delicious. The food was magnificent! The portions were just right, we left very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectNorfestDined on 5/28/2014Since we entered le cirque the atention was very kind, tables and ambiente very nice, drinks amazing and then we decided to have the tasting menu... I have not eaten this good in years! Every dish that was served was a festival for the mouth. If you want the best food in NYC you definitively have to visit le cirque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.