151 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lecirque.com/
- Phone: (212) 644-0202
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Sat 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For more than 25 years, Le Cirque has hosted enchanted evenings for elegant affairs, both large and small. Under the direction of our experienced banquet staff, we invite you to make your evenings truly special for your catering needs.
Please contact our Banquets & Catering department at 212.405.5095.
- Entertainment: We occasionally offer live jazz on Musical Mondays in our cafe starting at 8pm. Please check the "News" section of www.lecirquecafe.com for more info and a list of scheduled performances or call 212.644.0202.
- Special Events: For more than 25 years, Le Cirque has hosted enchanted evenings for elegant affairs, both large and small. Under the direction of our experienced banquet staff, we invite you to make your evenings truly special in Le Cirque's private dining rooms.
Please contact our Banquets & Catering department at 212.405.5095.
- Cross Street: Lexington & Third Avenues
- Public Transit: 4,5,6 and N,R,W at 59th Street & Lexington Ave.
F at 63rd Street & Lexington Ave.
E, M at 53rd Street & Lexington Ave.
M57 at 57th Street & Lexington Ave.
M101, M102, M103 at 57th Street & Lexington Ave.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is public parking directly across the street from the restaurant at 109 E. 58th Street, between Lex & 3rd. http://nyc.centralparking.com/opentable/6624
A word from Le Cirque
Sirio Maccioni once again welcomes friends and guests at his renowned Le Cirque at its home within the prestigious One Beacon Court (151 East 58th Street). Under the leadership of the Maccioni family including wife Egidiana, sons Mario, Marco, and Mauro, the legendary restaurant entertains and attends to patrons with its hallmark service, exciting atmosphere and excellent cuisine as it has done for almost 40 celebrated years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Le Cirque - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Le Cirque reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)fit for foodies (45)romantic (44)notable wine list (33)good for groups (23)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- a unique place for an special ocassionPedroVIPDined on 11/21/2014Our experience was outstanding. Service was superb. The food was delicious and the perfect timing for every single interaction with restaurant personnel A true gem in Manhattan that i will definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delight for the Taste BudsBerniHHIDined on 11/20/2014Our first visit to Le Circque was everything I imagined it to be and then some. From outstanding service and lovely ambiance to the wonderful combination of flavors and textures that make the taste buds dance and the creative and whimsical presentations, our expectations were exceeded. We enjoyed the three course tasting menu in a warm and welcoming environment and look forward to our next trip to the city so that we can experience other of Le Cirque's menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but pricyFunnightVIPDined on 11/11/2014I went there with a friend for her birthday. We got the 6 course tasting meal with the wine pairing. It was good but not great. I did have an allergic reaction to something. Not the restaurants fault...I didn't know I was allergic. The service was great at first when we were alone but then a VIP group came in and the service went down. It was still great but it was clear that the attention was on someone else. It is for sure a special occasion place. I would come back and get something off the regular menu and avoid what I was allergic to. Daniel (I believe that was his name), was our waiter and he was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHABBY SURPRISEAlejandro1983Dined on 11/8/2014HAD GONE TO LONG AND I REMEMBERED AS A GREAT SITE, BUT THE DECEPTION IS CAPITAL, unimaginative food .....
- Very goodworldtravelingfoodieDined on 11/7/2014The dinner was very good, but the highlight was the focaccia rolls for me. I have been here before and done the 4 or 6 course specials, but tonight we decided to just do an appetizer, entree and share a dessert. The cream brûlée is delicious and creamy. Thanks for a nice evening.Special Features:
- A lunch to beholdFoodie1Dined on 11/7/2014An amazing lunch menu that will satisfy every aspect of your taste buds. Imagine a restaurant where you can actually hear your guests. A great dinning experience all around!Special Features:
- lots a bit of its special touchGeorgesDined on 10/31/2014Different than what I remember as a kid and teen. My parents loved that place every time we came to NYC. Now as an adult, I prefer the one in Vegas. There are too many better options in Mahanthan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKatiaDined on 10/25/2014Good food ,superb ambience and excellent service. What else are you looking for a good restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedBT1404Dined on 10/25/2014My wife and I went to Le Cirque during a long weekend getaway to NYC. Certainly, the level of attention and food quality was not a surprise as I researched this restaraunt before I made reservations. My mistake, I did not pack a jacket for our little getaway. I'm sure some will scoff, I simply didn't think about it. They gave me the option of a loaner jacket or a casual room. I chose the loaner jacket. My wife and I shared an appetizer, got our own entre's both were fantastic. The steak was very good, simply prepared. The turbo was simple as well with a vanilla sauce that complimented it nicely. The creme brulee' was good, smooth but slightly warm. Presentation was very nice and service attentive, not overbearing. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014Le Cirque is a restaurant that illustrates what service used to be like. We ordered the set menu and the food was fine, but not the wow we expected.Our turbot was slightly over cooked. My coffee arrived after the bill was settled and had been removed from it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does certain things quite wellFoodieNYCDined on 10/23/2014Summary -- Highpoints were overall atmosphere and lively bar. The food was good, not exceptional. If going on the corporate card and have a client with you, it is a safe choice. This is particularly true if the client is from out of town. Food -- One of five dishes was memorable. Atmosphere -- Primo space in the gorgeous bloomberg building. The main dining area feels like Vegas, but in the best possible sense. There is natural energy (even with few patrons around), it is modern, interesting, high ceilings, etc. etc. Very much unlike other NYC restaurants. Service -- It was spotty. The primary waiter was articulate and knew the menu cold. Had trouble communicating with other staff, in particular getting detail on wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Global luxury traveler...NYCFOODIE1Dined on 10/18/2014Le Cirque continues to be one of NYC's exquisite dining experiences. Beautiful restaurant, caring and knowledgeable service, new chef/fabulous food. Wine list superior, people watching delight. Having the family there is also a big boost to diners. All in all, a memorable and delicious evening. My guest from Marakech, Morocco was MOST impressed!Special Features:
- Charming warm restaurantcurmudgeonDined on 10/14/2014The wait staff is beyond competent. They were ALL charming. The captains were attentive without being suffocating. The food is wonderful. the wine was extraordinary. It is always a fabulous experience. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectioncatnip1960VIPDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food in a gorgeous setting with spectacular service = 5 stars!
- alwagDined on 10/6/2014had a very pleasant and delicius, well served dinner.Special Features:
- BirthdayTravellersDined on 10/3/2014Give the impression of being little rushed. Expensive Dover Sole was dry and vegetables undercooked and cold.Special Features:
- AMAZINGTima123Dined on 10/1/2014I went with a good friend and the food was GREAT, the service was amazing. I had the lamb and she had the loin, MAGNIFICENT. It was cooked to perfection. For desert I had the Crème Brûlée and she had the pineapple it was to die for. Over all if you don't come to Le Cirque you're missing out big time. I'll be coming back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyVIPDined on 9/27/2014at the suggestion of the maitre d i ordered the bass entre. It was dry and tasteless. When I was asked how was my food I told him, I was offered another entree and was given free dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in NYCNycgurlDined on 9/25/2014I've lived in NYC for 7 years and have always passed Le cirque. Finally decided to try it out and wow I was so impressed. Best meal and service I've ever had.Special Features:
- DeceiptiveMonacaroVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had lobster salad and flouder " le cirque" , the fish was raw and not tasty at all. I won't come backSpecial Features:
- Meals too skimpyPsychitVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had to wait 1/2 hour before we were seated. The meal was so skimpy, that we were hungry after running up a bill for over $100. each. The restaurant is more of a performance than anything else. It's good for impressing others if that's your goal. One certainly doesn't get one's money's worth. The food itself is tasty and creative. One waiter out of five was pleasant. The rest were snobby.Special Features:
- Unfit for foodiesLolilaDined on 9/10/2014Food and cooking quality can be tremendously improved. Presentation is very nice, but quality and taste is not on par with their reputation.
- Great Service, Great FoodGrant13RewardDined on 8/30/2014Took my GF there for our anniversary. The staff was super attentive and well informed about the menu. Each course was plated beautifully and tasted fantastic. I noted the anniversary in my reservation and we were brought an amazing creme brulee compliments of the restaurant. I would recommend it to my friends and would go again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasion.IrishminstrelDined on 8/21/2014Went for my daughters 21 st birthday. From beginning to end the entire staff showed incredible proficiency and provided the perfect atmosphere. The six course chef tasting menus was perfectly paired with a collection of wines which complemented the visual and flavor feast. All the food was beautifully presented, wxplained and prepared. Not a single sour note. Would do this again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!Gigi5Dined on 8/21/2014Always wanted to visit Le Cirque and on August 21st, 2014, I finally did. It was "our" 37th Anniversary, plus three years together prior, for a total of 40YEARS TOGETHER! A definitive location to celebrate, was of utmost importance. We could not have chosen a better restaurant to do so. Intimate, private, romantic table. Impeccable service. Food- superb! In essence, Le Cirque was perfection. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always 'fest parfait!!foodiefindsVIPDined on 8/19/2014Thanks again for great service, supurb wine and delicious food, as always.... Always a hit with my oot guests;) MerciSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I've been here before, and I liked it so much so I decided to bring my guests from oversees to dine here. However this time was a little different...The food was fine, the staff seemed irritated and indifferent. And our dinner was finished with 20% gratuity on our check...Special Features:
- A big disappointment !LouisXiVDined on 8/14/2014The quality of the food was poor. The service was poor. The entree courses looked like they had been reheated several times as we waited half an hour for them. Fish reheated is not really healthy and may be the reason why my guest and I were not feeling well few hours after our diner. I went to "Le Cirque" this winter and had a good experience, may be this time the chef was on vacation ?
- Food and service were not up to repDianaVIPDined on 8/13/2014The service was terrible and the restaurant was not even crowded. No waiter came by to ask if we wanted coffee and we tried to catch a waiter to get more water and we were virtually ignored. The waiters walk around the restaurant with blinders on and do not pay attention to the clients. The appetizer was good: foie gras; the entree was greasy and not flavorful....melee; I ordered the chocolate souffle which was good but my guest order panna cotta which was so small that it was embarrassing. It was nothing special. All in all, I was very disappointed. I had been looking forward to the luncheon but was sadly unimpressed.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteAussieDined on 8/12/2014We never miss lunch at Le Cirque during foodweek. Their set items are straight off the regular menu, so it is exceptional value for money. Favorites are the risotto appetizer and chocolate souffle dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a perfectly lovely dinner with very attentive service and had no complaints. However, that said, there are many restaurants in New York that provide an equally wonderful (if not even more so) dining experience with a far more palatable tab. We wouldn't have booked dinner at Le Cirque if we couldn't afford it, but I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer to spend less rather than more when all other factors are equal. Consequently, Le Cirque doesn't sit at the top of our list, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely time!!!nathalie2kDined on 8/8/2014We went to Le Cirque for Diner and had a great time. Food was excellent. The decor and ambiance were pleasant. Great staff, specially the first sever we had (Wish he had stayed the night). I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. Great job guys!!!!Special Features:
- Iconic NYC dining experience!!TMurrayDined on 8/8/2014Everything about the dining experience from seating, ordering, food and after-dinner drinks was incredible and lived up to the reputation that is Le Cirque. Absolutely recommend and the opportunity to visit during NYC Restaurant Week was an added bonus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulaDined on 8/7/2014Le Cirque is my favorite - always a fantastic dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fancyDined on 8/6/2014Great atmosphere! Excellent food and service. The staff was very attentive and made us feel special.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinnerfirstDined on 8/1/2014We went to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It was our first time dining at Le Cirque. Overall the food was good but a tad on the salty side. The service was excellent. The biggest negatives were that the chairs were not comfortable and you could hear the other guests at tables nearby loud and clear. We happened to dine next to one patron who was quite vocal about the food and his personal life. It was not super pleasant to listen to the ins and outs of his life. The ambience into the restaurant was very beautiful and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I ordered the Pea Rosotto which was excellent, Trout for main which I did not eat because it was too fishy. cream brulee was amazing and always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and attitude cannot be beatwiscmomDined on 7/31/2014best part was wait staff. They are fantastic. Pablo assisted at our table. He made us feel so welcomed. The food was also great but honestly the staff made the place so very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2914 reviews are from the Le Cirque reviews archive.
- RochiDined on 7/29/2014I was shocked when the hostess asked us if we were there for a la carte or restaurant week, when we said restaurant week, she told us that is in the cafe so you will have to wait for a table in that area; a few minutes later the maitre d, came and asked us how many and took us to a table in the main dining room. I always go there for restaurant week, and had never been asked that by the hostess. The food was so so, I ordered the pea risotto (blend) had the chicken (a little dry) the best part of my meal was the dessert, creme brulee....keeps being one of the best.
- Below expectations.loveagoodmealDined on 7/29/2014I felt ignored. Had to wait a long time and find waiter for bill. Second cup coffee was cold. Food unremarkable. Mgmt. having loud argument nearby most of meal. Felt like second class citizen vs. customers not doing restaurant week. For one of top restaurants in city, service, food, etc. was just mediocre. Shocked.