Le Chien Fumant
4710 Rue de lanaudiere
Montreal, QC H2J 3P7Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Le Chien Fumant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lechienfumant.com/
- Phone: 5145242444
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Maksim Morin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Late Night, Wine
A word from Le Chien Fumant
Le Chien Fumant est un resto prisé par les restaurateurs, les oiseaux de nuits, les curieux et les bons vivants de la ville qui ne disent jamais non à une assiette qui surprend, des produits frais et cultivés localement, des cocktails étonnants, des brunchs réconfortants et une carte de vins distinctive. Bref, un restaurant mordant, mais facile à apprivoiser.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Le Chien Fumant - Best Restaurants in Plateau Mont-Royal ›
Le Chien Fumant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)special occasion (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OKrefinedeatDined on 9/20/2014went for a dinner among friends. The service is friendly, cute small place, food is good, but dessert was a big disappointment.
- MariayuuummmDined on 9/17/2014Food was delicious, well presented, great varied flavours...Ambiance was romantic yet energetic. The service was excellent! Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayMpsdDined on 9/11/2014Petit restaurant, ce qui est plutôt agréable. La déco et l'ambiance sont très bien. La bouffe était seulement ok. Le service très efficace, le serveur souriant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonne trouvailleDubbyDined on 8/24/2014Première fois à cette adresse, plats très recherchés, cuisine innovatrice, tous les plats sélectionnés par notre groupe (6) étaient très bon. Bell présentation. Aussi, service impeccable, belle jeune équipe. Très recommandé. Très bon restaurent de quartier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt rushed!AndyDined on 8/15/2014Food was good but we felt rushed throughout dinner. We had to ask for time to finish our wine before dessert was brought to our table. This was supposed to be a nice evening out without the kids but we ended up having dinner and getting back home to Laval in under 2 hours... Very disappointing.
- Le Chien Fumant - Hot, Hot, Hot!MFrancaVIPDined on 8/10/2014There are few places across this wonderful globe that surprise me, Le Chien Fumant just did. The food is absolutely wonderful and the service top notch. Highly recommend Le Chien Fumant for any meat lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014I like the way they cook a whole roast for the table. If you go on with friends it's a must. Food is very well cook and drinks are very out of the ordinary. The wine list is very impressive and very good. The excellent diversity make it for every pallet's. I will return. It's a nice place. Easy to find, but easier is you live around it.Special Features:
- J'adore!BoboDined on 7/11/2014Charmant et chic petit restaurant sans snobisme où les repas sont succulents. Nous y allons depuis leur ouverture et les meilleures places sont au bar. D'ailleurs, les cocktails sont aussi délectables que les repas. Barman qui saisit bien les goûts de ses clients. Pour explorer encore plus les plats, opter pour 3 entrées est intéressant (et amplement nourrissant).Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceSlyGuitarDined on 6/4/2014This was (at least) my sixth time at Le Chien Fumant. Every other occasion had been an unqualified success, due in great part to the quality of the food and of the service. This time, the food was great as usual (although I would stay away from the steak next time), but the service was plain pushy. Our waiter was a nervous looking and stressed-out acting man, who kept on insisting that our party of 4 gave him our orders and feedback quickly, and simply made us feel pressured. Seriously: I am not in a position to give feedback on food and drinks if I haven't had time to take a bite or gulp, yet! Very disappointing, and partly ruined the experience for my friend's birthday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Le Chien Fumant reviews archive.
- Délicieux comme toujoursVfalknerDined on 5/29/2014Souper hallucinant, saveurs au rendez-vous, originalité en plus !Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Je suis allé au Chien Fumant un vendredi soir, très occupé, mais rien n'a affecté la qualité et la rapidité du service. J'ai pris en entrée la pieuvre tandori; excellent choix! Tendre, légèrement sucré et épicé, j'ai rarement mangé de la pieuvre aussi bonne. Servie avec coriandre, tomates, concombre et yogourt frais; une belle découverte que je recommande sans hésiter. Repas principal: tartare coréen servi avec riz collant. Contrairement aux tartares habituels, ici la viande n'était pas hachée en cubes, mais plutôt servi en lanières assez grossières avec riz collant, le tout bien épicé et parfumé avec des herbes fraîches. Différent, mais à essayer!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantmathieuhuotVIPDined on 5/9/2014Le Chien Fumant est devenu un classique, toujours excellent!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!!!BrunchPowerDined on 4/27/2014A vegetarian at the next table got refused a special menu by the chef... its called ’’Le Chien Fumant’’ not ’’La Carotte Enchantée’’ get over it!!! The Best expensive breakfast i ever had, food is amazing. will be back.Special Features:
- Great find.DineOutDined on 4/22/2014Loved every aspect of it. The look, service, food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We ordered 2 mimosa's to start off, and unfortunately while the OJ was deliciously fresh, the champagne was flat. The waitress replaced them right away, despite the fact we had already finished half! After that we tried a blackberry cocktail with fresh blackberry's, gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and an egg white for extra froth. The cocktail was amazing....but it did take almost 15 minutes for us to receive it. For brunch we ordered the Lobster Eggs Benedict with avocado hollandaise, and an order of steak and eggs. Both were absolutely amazing, with the winner being the eggs benny. Overall, while the service was a little slow, the experience was awesome, and most importantly the food was outstanding. I will be going back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch!maximecDined on 4/6/2014Went there for our monthly girls' brunch, small place, can't accomadate more than 6 people. Tight squeeze, very pricey, $40 for one person (meal, and two coffee's including tip), music was very loud. Can't tell if staff were genuinely nice or just patronizing us. Had difficultly speaking english, so we switched to french. They have pork in everything - so if you don't eat it this isn't the place for you!Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Nice little neibourghood restaurant with modern french fusion inspired cuisine. Nice wine list. We had a great time. Small restaurant so it becomes noisy when it is full like when we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way!LouismVIPDined on 2/16/2014The food is very good! If you come late for brunch you can have a limited choice! The service is friendly! Makes you want to comeback!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night!MissJCDined on 1/25/2014Had a great time at Le Chien fumant! Our waiter was helpful and the food was absolutely delicious! Will go back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseRichardDined on 1/10/2014I had first looked into this restaurant about a year and a half ago but was turned off by negative reviews and never gave them a chance. Recently a friend told us she enjoyed it so we decided to try and were very pleasantly surprised. The whole experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attentive waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2013Great food, attentive wait staff and good bistro ambience. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Très déçusPopocheDined on 11/8/2013Nous avions basé notre choix pour cet endroit sur diverses critiques lues dans les revues, journaux et sur le web. Résultat: tout faux. L'entrée du resto est minuscule et sert de passage. C'est très bruyant et très peu éclairé. Impossible de lire le menu sans l'éclairage de notre iPhone. Starter de charcuterie intéressante mais lorsqu'on demande plus de pain, on nous indique qu'il n'y en a plus! Les entrées étaient bonnes sans être exceptionnelles. En principal, l'oie était impossible à couper et à mastiquer et la longe de porc coriace. Très gentiment le serveur n'a pas facturé l'oie. Donc la seule note positive va au pauvre serveur qui s'est confondu en excuses toute la soirée et qui a été d'une gentillesse exemplaire
- Great food!diner123Dined on 11/2/2013We made a last minute reservation, not too sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised. The food was great, service was excellent, overall a very enjoyable evening! It's outside of the main streets, but worth the detour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, small spaceBmanVIPDined on 8/31/2013We enjoyed most of our dishes though one was crazy on fennel and the licorice taste was overwhelming. Our server was excellent, but the restaurant is small, and there were three tables of groups clearly out for a party, so things were very very loud! But overall a fine dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodie find!Jenx3989Dined on 8/23/2013The service was excellent and the food was even better! It's a small neighborhood restaurant with great ambience and very interesting menu that changes all the time. Our server was very friendly to us Anglos, and patiently explained their menu items and specials. I enjoyed every bite of my dinner and it was fun to hang out there with friends for drinks. Will definitely go back next time I'm in Montreal!Special Features:
- Ok, a bit too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013Nice drinks. For the food: the salmon was overcooked and there was bacon in it. I thought it added a nice smoky flavor to it, she wasn't expecting bacon and likes her salmon just almost cooked. I also don't like overcooked salmon. The rabbit was good, which came with a gumbo which was SUPER salty. The rabbit was deep-fried. I don't think this is the best way to do rabbit as it takes forever to get the meat out of a leg. That's why they stew rabbit. The service felt like we were being rushed. If you're just sitting there not ordering, you deserve to be kicked out but we were ordering drinks, food, etc. Our waiter came by so many times asking if we wanted anything else, and came by twice in the FIRST 5 MINUTES to see if we were ready.Special Features:
- casual fine diningMckswimDined on 7/4/2013Tucked into a quiet area north of Parc Lafontaine Chien Fumant offers everything you could want for. Great cocktails and liqours. Varied and modern menu. Always something unique on the menu. If you don't see something you want just ask the chef to make sopmething else and you can watch him prepare it from the bar stool. Great fresh summer salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good bet.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013Le chien fumant has never disappointed me. No matter the time or day, the service is always impeccable and the food fantastic. Surely going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!NvcreationsblogspotDined on 6/8/2013C'est la deuxieme fois que je mange dans ce restaurant, et je suis loin d'être déçu! Nourriture variée et qui plait à tous les goûts tout en gardant le bel arôme de notre terroir québécois. Un peu bruyant, mais l'atmosphère feutrée et intime amène une très bonne ambiance au total. Un gros bravo, je recommende a tous!Special Features:
- Nice place; good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2013The place is good and really original.the food is good but nothing special... In the line of other restaurants of the same style in Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Brunch MenuSweetDinerVIPDined on 5/19/2013We had a great brunch here; I ordered the lobster florentine benedict and my man ordered the boudin with apple waffles and lardons. Everything was spectacular and special. We truly enjoyed our morning at Le Chien Fumant!Special Features:
- Mediocre food and very loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Mediocre food and very loud. At those price points makes more sense for an outstanding experience like Au Pied de Cochon.Special Features:
- I would say Good not GreatBmanVIPDined on 3/10/2013I would say Good not Great for brunch. Our food was very good but the menu is very limited. Excellent service!
- Je ne reviendrai pas, toutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Je ne reviendrai pas, tout simplement parce que c'était trop cher.
- I went for brunch and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2012I went for brunch and our group tried nearly everthing on the brunch menu. Overall, the food was excellent and the portions were generous. I personally had the pulled pork waffles and it was delicious. I also tried the steak and eggs and the lobster benedict. Very tasty! Overall, there brunch menu is a sophisticated twist on the traditional and they have 5-6 interesting choices.Special Features:
- This is an incredible neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012This is an incredible neighborhood spot. It's a little out of the way from the touristy area and the menu is entirely in French but the staff are all very nice and helpful. And the food is tremendous!Special Features:
- Well worth the trip from downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Well worth the trip from downtown to experience a real neighbourhood gem. Hearthy food with some innovative options. Great option to eat where locals eat.Special Features: