1007 Clay Street
Oakland, CA 94607Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lecheval.com/
- Phone: 5107638495
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 3:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 3:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Le Cheval
Welcome to Le Cheval. We introduced new Asian flavors into America, Vietnamese cuisine. This style incorporates the French, Chinese and Southeast Asian cooking concepts of preparing wholesome, nutritious and special dishes that emphasize quality with quantity. Fresh vegetables, nuts and spices are all essential ingredients to preserve this tradition of cooking. Everyone knows that the secret to healthy living is good nutrition and a balanced diet. So it’s no coincidence that a combination of any of these will be found in almost every dish. Le Cheval is proud to continue that tradition and is dedicated to maintaining the harmony between mind and body through healthy eating. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Cheval reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good variety of exquisite tastesGilbertoGilDined on 10/5/2014Le chevalier has a wide menu of interesting dishes. We had clay pot fish (excellent), orange beef (very good), lemon chicken (average), and stuffed mussels (delicious). Prices reasonable. Big cocktails. Would have liked fresh whole fish, but they had only "fresh frozen".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageMoonshineSailVIPDined on 9/30/2014Not so crazy about the fish hot pot soup. Shrimp dumplings pretty goodSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent. And our server was very attentive. Lots of families, couples on dates, groups of women. It was comfortable for all!Special Features:
- Delicious VietnameseEvergreen888VIPDined on 8/25/2014Make sure to order the garlic green beans - they were to die for. The soup was delicious, and although I thought the kabobs were a bit small on the portion size, combined with the green beans they filled me up. I would definitely go back to try more items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Food!EastBayEatingDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and the menu was diverse. The bar scene was lively and the cocktail menu had mouth watering drinks. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Only complaint: the hostess wanted to seat us next to the kitchen door so we asked for a window table. She went on and on about how there wasn't a server in that section. In a restaurant as large as this one, wouldn't you staff the window tables instead of the inside tables for the customers enjoyment?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Le Chevalhipx2Dined on 8/12/2014Food was tasty and came out in bunches quickly. Bartender made drinks well and accommodations for a special event for 20 people the day of, was very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insanely LoudjoankDined on 7/23/2014The food was amazing (beef cubes & calamari are delious) but it was insanely loud! There were multiple kids running around my table and banging on plates and the window. Additionally, the service was terrible! Our waitress was extremely rude and never said one polite thing. Worst service and ambiance I've experienced!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Le Cheval reviews archive.