2094 Madison Avenue,
Memphis, TN 38104Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lechardonnaymemphis.com/page/location.h
- Phone: 9017251375
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday - 4:00pm - Close, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Le Chardonnay
Welcome to LeChardonnay. We are located in Memphis" historic Overton Square. You can expect an array of palate-pleasing delicacies and world-class ambiance. It has been said that we are the finest upscale-casual bistro in Memphis. Here you'll find a unique and intimate atmosphere complimented by attentive service. From our Stilton stuffed tenderloin fillet to our six different gourmet sliders to our famous wood oven pizzas, we are known for excellent food and friendly prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Chardonnay reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful findMeat1loverDined on 3/10/2014Le Chardonnay is a great place to kick back and enjoy a bottle of wine. The selection is fairly large. The service is a bit slow, but once you have had some wine, you don't really care. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is relaxed. Great find.Special Features:
- Good food, service and ambienceRussVIPDined on 2/15/2014Surprisingly they would not allow me to have an after dinner cigar in their bar area which was a smoking area because they said only cigarettes were permitted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really loved the food....TheyBigdaddyDined on 2/15/2014We really loved the food....They must have a great chef...The only complaint would be that they allow smoking at the bar which was about 10 ft from where we were dining...Just for that reason we may not go back...Other than that it was really a great place...Special Features:
- LeakingDaniel901Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was good but the table we had the roof started to leak water on meI would recommend this to a friend.
- Overton Square Gem!ChrisDined on 2/14/2014Great food and great atmosphere! One of the best wine list I have seen and the staff went above and beyondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KurshDined on 2/14/2014Had a wonderful time, the food was excellent, the wine was top notch, and our server, Kb Jones, was awesome as usual. I would definitely go again and I'm sure my lady friend was quite impressed as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It's small, but not crowded. Expect a table as there are few booths. There is a bar, but it wasn't loud. Food was good. Wine was good. We had Prime rib and some chicken pasta with a brie appetizer and pinot noir. It was nice for a V-day dinner. Expect mid 20's per entree, but the portions are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work on food.NormanDined on 2/14/2014Service and atmosphere were exactly what I was looking for. Lead to a huge let down when the food arrived over cooked and tough. Very dissappointed in the preperation of the prime rib.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great atmosphere, service but kitchen was only average.Special Features:
- Smoking in RestaurantTigerDined on 2/14/2014Overall, we had an OK dinner. The issue we had is the restaurant allows for smoking. The smoke really bothered is a first, until we got used to it.Special Features:
- Romantic environment!JAKAPDined on 2/14/2014A great place for you and your Sweetie! A Valentine's Day evening gem! The ambiance was perfect: Dim lights, a working fire place on a cold night, an extensive wine list & good food! It was my second visit to Le Chardonney. My wife & I knew what to expect. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!! PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Great restaurant!!! Prices are not bad at all!! And have a great selection of food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too smokeyPruckhDined on 2/7/2014Bar and food area are one and the same. Smoking is allowed in all areas. Food might have been better than I rated but the smoke ruined my appetite. Will not return.Special Features:
- Saturday nite outfredfoxDined on 2/1/2014We needed a restaurant near a theater we were going to and it had been a while since we were in that area, so we decided to go. It was a very pleasant dinner and the food was very good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, hard to beatLarryDDined on 1/5/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We chose this place because it's smoke-friendly, but we always look forward to the excellent food. We were not disappointed. Our appetizer of wood-fired mushrooms were excellent. My entree of blackened grouper was perfectly cooked and the tiger shrimp and scallops are a delightful addition. My wife enjoyed her entree of pan roasted chicken picatta that had a gorgeous lemon butter caper sauce. For dessert, we enjoyed a palate-cleansing piece of key lime pie. The wine selection is very nice, the place is cozy, and the food is fantastic. What are you waiting on?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014Made a reservation, arrived on time NO table available. What's the point. Food was over cooked and mediocre at best. Very disappointed.
- Solid, not spectacularbh75Dined on 12/31/2013Good meal. Restaurant was quite full/noisy, as expected on NYE. Smoking IS allowed, which was a bit of a disappointment. Nice wine list, all very reasonably priced. On the list for a return visit in a less busy time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a bar and one hasFitzDined on 12/31/2013This is a bar and one has to be over 21 since they allow smoking. I did not know this when I made reservations. I have only been here in the summer on the patio. No one near me smoked. They have a fireplace and open kitchen. Because of this the ac was on. I was cold by an ac vent. No other tables available. The waitress was attentive my meal was good and excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice wine listTakeNoteDined on 12/28/2013I made an Open Table reservation only to find that seating is first come, first served. We found a booth away from the smoker's and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. The food was fine and the server efficient, but this is not a destination restaurant. It has more of a lounge atmosphere, and I kept wishing I was somewhere else.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesterz1Dined on 12/12/2013We just enjoy Le Chardonnay. The food and wine list are good, the servers are friendly, nice relaxing atmosphere. It is a great place to sneak out to in the middle of the week.Special Features:
- Pure DisappointmentFaithDined on 11/25/2013Le Chardonnay was delicious and charming when I first went a few years ago. I decided it would be a great place to celebrate my anniversary this year with my boyfriend. We made reservations, dressed up, and were prepared for a great night of wine, Italian food, and romance. When we arrived there was a Huey's style sign that read "Seat Yourself." There were people in sweatpants and baseball caps. Our waitress looked sloppy and bored. Upon looking at the menu I realized most of the food on the menu was the kind of stuff I make at home or bar food (fish and chips, really?!) We got the tuna appetizer which was frankly not as good as its Outback counterpart. My salmon was dry and salty. Subpar experience and it still ended up costing $80!
- UnhappyklmtemDined on 11/23/2013I was unhappy that we were not informed on the front end that our 15 year old son would not be able to be there due t their policy of smoking in the establishment, which prohibits anyone under 21 from coming in due to state law.
- Best if you're a smokerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013Le Chardonnay is a 21-and-over establishment, which means they allow smoking. That's fine but one gets the sense that this fact is buried in the fine print. Who would assume that a restaurant called "Le Chardonnay," in a neighborhood with many nice restaurants, would actually be a smoky hole in the wall? Not what we were expecting. Many reviews here and elsewhere reflect this unwelcome surprise. A bit of rebranding is in order. Service was inattentive too, and nobody met us when we walked in. We had a reservation but were left standing around while servers catered to other customers. The food was pretty good, however. That may be what matters most. Unfortunately, this doesn't change the fact that the service and ambience both fell short.
- Always a favoriteEastMemphisDined on 11/9/2013Great food and service. Always a favorite. Very consistent. Relaxing atmosphere in the heart of midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayStultressDined on 11/1/2013I made a reservation, but when we walked in a sign said please seat yourself. I did not realize smoking was allowed inside. I ordered filet, mashed potatoes, and Chef's choice vegetables. Steak and potatoes were tepid. Steak was ordered as Medium but arrived medium rare at best.Special Features:
- Check at the door.. No one under 21Jmalone103VIPDined on 9/28/2013Couldn't eat here.... I had my girls and no one under 21 is allowed. Looked ok,
- GREAT PLACE TO DINESMILEYDined on 8/22/2013WE ENJOYED THE SERVICE , FOOD AND ATMOSPHERE . MY HUSBAND TO THE CHEF THE STEAK WAS THE BEST HE HAS EATEN AND VERY TENDER. THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT OUT IT WAS A GREAT BIRTHDAY FOR MY HUSBAND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a bar not a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2013We came hear with our kids only to find this was a smoky bar that 21 and under aren't allowed in. Needless to say, we did not stay to eat.
- I just want to rave over theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013I just want to rave over the FOOD at Le Chardonnay! My meal was fabulously good!! I think people who love good food and creative combinations would thoroughly enjoy this restaurant. I'll be going back, to sample the rest of their menu, which was very enticing. TASTeeeey!!Special Features:
- We told the server on thevlbbVIPDined on 4/25/2013We told the server on the front in we needed to get food quickly that we had game tickets. She was helpful in making suggestions and was super attentive to our needs. Food was SUPER that she suggest we order for a quick preface bite.Special Features:
- A wonderful meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Although they were busy, the service was both friendly and attentive while not at all overbearing. The wine list is extensive and the food was outstanding. We had the filet and both were cooked exactly as ordered. It was a most enjoyable evening at a moderate price. We will go back and we definitely recommend you give this establishment a try.Special Features:
- Romantic and yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013My husband and I celebrated a belated Valentines Day at Le Chardonnay. We ordered three appetizers and the sliders. The menu was perfect for trying several very yummy and very filling dishes. The antipasti plate was my favorite with its cheeses, peppers, olives and meats. The spinach dip was delicious with bacon on top. The sliders were unbelievably delicious. We had the salmon, hamburger and steak/horseradish ones. This was a truly wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Usually food is good - butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Usually food is good - but this time was a miss! Food was overcooked and tasteless. Big disappointment for a romantic Valentine's dinner!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We had a wonderful Valentine's dinner last week. The wine list was extensive, and the food was amazing. For an appetizer, we shared the wood fired oysters, which were excellent. I had the seared tuna salad, and the sesame seed coating perfectly complimented the dressing. My boyfriend had the salmon was equally satisfied. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. It was a very intimate place, and they had live music. It was the perfect place for a romantic, delicious meal.Special Features:
- they allow smoking so i wontOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013they allow smoking so i wont be back. i smelled it on my food
- We arrived and were immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We arrived and were immediately hit by cigarette smoke. We didn't stay. Staff was courteous but matter of fact that they would not allow us to eat next door using their menu ( they share a kitchen) where it wasn't smokey. They pointed to a smoke free row in their restaurant which was laughable.
- We went to LeChardonnay forMarinaBDined on 12/31/2012We went to LeChardonnay for New Years Eve dinner with a group of 6. It was a nice atmosphere that wasnt to loud and everyone at the table could hear the conversation with out yelling. I would recomend this resaurant and plan to attend again in the future.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012I loved it. My husband and myself wanted to go out on a date. It was the perfect date....Special Features:
- Even though Le ChardonnayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/22/2012Even though Le Chardonnay is listed as one of the finest upscale-casual bistros in Memphis, what is not listed on their website is that it's a smoking venue. Had I known this prior to, I would never have gone as the cigarette smoke was just too overwhelming. On a more positive note, the wood-fired mushrooms & vegetarian pizz were quite tasty, but you must specify toasty crust if that's your preference.
- I have been to Le ChardonnayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2012I have been to Le Chardonnay before and remember liking it. Unfortunately,I did not have a good experience this time. The restaurant still allows smoking which I do not prefer. Also, the food was almost flavorless. However, the wine list is very extensive and offers and excellent selection of wine.Special Features: