Le Cafe de Paris - Boise
204 N Capitol Blvd.
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Cafe de Paris - Boise
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lecafedeparis.com/
- Phone: 2083360889
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Mark Wilkerson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Cafe de Paris offers a wide array of catering options from on-site to off-site caterings that fit any budget. Custom menus available or try one of our prix fixe menu options. We specialize in small and large breakfast and lunch caterings, and delivery is always free within range. Small dinner gatherings in our private wine room are also an option, with custom prix fixe menus starting at $25/person. Let Le Cafe de Paris create an event for you that is worry-free, delicious and memorable!
- Private Party Facilities: Le Cafe de Paris specializes in small and large party dining options to suit all your needs. Try our multiple course menus, or just stick with dessert and champagne; we have options to fit all your needs. Le Cafe de Paris partners with many venues in the downtown area, as well as our main facility and private wine room for smaller parties.
- Private Party Contact: Soraya Mazloomi 2083360889
- Entertainment: Special dinners include: First Thursday Tapas Night, French Region Night, Farm and Wine Night (June-Oct), Fresh Shellfish Dinner Night, Beaujolais Nouveau (3rd Thursday in November), and Bastille Day (July 14th). All dinners are prix fixe, wine pairings are offered, with live music! Sign-up for our mailing list today, and receive our newsletter of events. www.lecafedeparis.com
- Cross Street: Capitol/Idaho
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is always available (free after 6 p.m., and on the weekends). Parking garage located between Capitol and 8th Street off of Idaho. Paid parking lots available on the corners of Capitol and Idaho, and on the corner of 6th and Bannock.
A word from Le Cafe de Paris - Boise
A cozy French bistro located in the heart of downtown, specializing in European pastries, desserts, and classic french fare. Breakfast and lunch served daily, with a wonderful brunch on the weekends. Dinner served Thursday-Saturday, with special events scheduled monthly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Cafe de Paris - Boise reviews from OpenTable diners
- No Surprise.TasteBudDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I like to go out to eat on Sunday mornings. We find the gems and dives, the fancy and notable too. We have on several occasions visited for their breakfast and brunch. This was our fist experience for dinner and every expectation was met. Great food, great people and for me with a "thing" with sea food - they are always willing to modify a meal to fit my needs. Highly recommend the Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for breakfast!KathleenDined on 2/13/2014My husband and I had great omelettes for breakfast last week I love their hot tea and my husband enjoys their coffee. Their desserts are wonderful. We usually take at least one to go! The service was timely and friendly. We love to go to Le Cafe de Paris.Special Features:
- Great French FoodDaleBoiDined on 2/6/2014If you want great French food from an owner who grew up in a family restaurant in Burgundy, then this is the place for you. I have eaten here on several occasions for brunch, lunch and dinner and the menu has always had plenty of choices of French food and some American as well. The food has always been very delicious. The service is very good and the wait staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe de Paris is Boise's Best!JeanDined on 11/21/2013Our dinner was outstanding. We chose the prix fix menu and were not disappointed at all. My entree was the chicken and it was done perfectly. The other great dish was my husband's Escargots en croute. They were exceptionally delicious as well. Our server, Megan was professional, friendly and did an all-around excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great this timeJan021VIPDined on 11/15/2013Always a good experience. Not so much this time. We ordered soup of the day and a salad. Our server brought my soup as well as French Onion for my husband, not the salad he ordered. To make it easy, we said that was fine...no salad needed. About 1 minute later, our entrees were delivered. Mine was correct. My husband ordered the duck, but it sure looked like a lamb shank. We questioned it, but was told it was a big duck. To the server's credit, she did speak to the chef and returned to tell us it was in fact, a lamb shank and the duck would be out shortly...which it was. Aside from the fact that the soups were in large bowls and just warm, the food was lovely. We enjoyed dessert. Our bill had extraneous items, but was corrected.Special Features:
- Devine FrenchLuluDined on 7/13/2013This small gem in the heart of downtown Boise is great for reasonably priced beautifully flavored brunch, lunch or dinner. Dinner is only on Friday and Saturday nights and you better make a reservation. The outdoor dining is perfectly shaded for dinner an the wine list is good!Special Features:
- We celebrated our anniversarymattDined on 6/21/2013We celebrated our anniversary here. Tried to get reservations elsewhere but the newer restaurants are popular at the moment. We have dined here before and it has always been excellent. It was very quiet for a Friday night. If you don't want to feel rushed, this is a great choice. The food is outstanding, make sure to leave room for the superb desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013My husband and I decided to check out the Le Cafe de Paris dinner since we frequent brunch so often. Everything on the menu sounded good, making our decision quite hard. Both of us ended up being very pleased with what we decided to have including the beautiful dessert we shared. The service was very professional and friendly, we will most definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- 2 wines needs 2 glassesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013Need some help with the wine service. We had both red and white wine. The server did not offer 2 glasses for the different wines. The appetizers were delicious as was the beet salad. Duck was delicious. We will return because we love supporting local.Special Features:
- Superb Valentine's Day price fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Fixed Price menu for Valentine's Day was exceptional - both taste and value.Calamari appetizer was just right - cruncy but not overly-breaded.Baised lamb was tender and juicy while the halibut was flakey and not over-cooked.Chocolate mousse torte was dense without being overly sweet.Fantastic!Special Features:
- Dinner: meh.IdahoDined on 2/8/2013I like Le Cafe de Paris for lunch, but dinner was very disappointing. Even though the place was empty early on a Friday night, service was slow and amateurish. Food was acceptable but definitely not inspired. Meh. I'll go back for lunch or brunch but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious breakfast, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2013Went for breakfast with friends. There were 4 adults and 5 kids ranging in age from 5-10. Our waitress seemed a bit overwhelmed by the number of people in our party both while taking our order and again when bringing out our food. Despite mixed feelings about the service, the food was delicious. The ham and havarti cheese croissant, French toast, and made to order omelettes were perfect. The champagne cocktails were great too. Would definitely try it out again--the food was so good that it made up for the so-so service.Special Features:
- The Cafe de Paris has outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The Cafe de Paris has outstanding food, impeccable service and a delightful atmosphere! Really nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- We love the Le Cafe de Paris.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012We love the Le Cafe de Paris. Food and bakery are wonderful.Special Features:
- We have visited Le Cafe deOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2012We have visited Le Cafe de Paris many times and the service and food have always been great. On this visit, the service was extremely slow even though the restaurant was not busy. In addition to the long wait for our entrees, the chicken was way under cooked. The staff was nice and brought another entree. Hopefully, this was a one time oops to what used to be a great place.Special Features:
- Been a great place for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012Been a great place for food and dessert. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Everything was fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Everything was fantastic, although, It was a bit chilly in there for someone wearing a nice dress, and it was a bit sad to say that with the exquisite dinner we were served cold, hard bread. Perhaps fresh hot bread could help to warm a woman attempting to visually stun her escort?Special Features:
- Just plain lazy.MattiVIPDined on 10/12/2012Went for dinner, despite bad breakfast experience. Expecting a modified cassoulet, I got a quick-cooked version that just didn't work. Flavor profile was OK, but "braised" meat was not cooked sufficient to make up for the poor cut of meat, the veggies were barely cooked and the beans tasted like they barely made it out of the soaking water. It was if the kitchen knew what they were *supposed* to do, but didn't want to put the effort into actually doing it.
- Great food and wonderful selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Great food and wonderful selection. I would like to see a bit more noise canceling suppression as it does get quite noisy at times.Special Features:
- Best place in treasure vallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Le Cafe de Paris was like being in Paris' all over again. The food quality and staff were exquisite. Having the owner come out and greet us asking how everything was was crème de la crème. Expect to see us over and over!Special Features:
- Meh. The pastries are good.MattiVIPDined on 7/22/2012Meh. The pastries are good. We went for brunch, though, and the kitchen couldn't cook a poached egg. Well, maybe. My SO's poached duck egg came out perfect, but my chicken eggs were hard boiled. I sent them back only to get "fresh" poached eggs (almost 20 minutes later) that were equally hard boiled. My daydream of sopping up custardy egg yolk with a flaky croissant was destroyed. A French restaurant needs to master the basics.
- le cafe de paris is charming.FoodWineDogsDined on 7/14/2012le cafe de paris is charming. their Bastille Day dinner menu (2 or 3 courses) was well-chosen, reasonably priced, delivered on the palate, and they even started us off with a royal kir. and the servers were delightful too, in their thematically correct outfits and spot-on service (not too much, not too little). the violin and accordion added to the ambience, though it was a bit loud at times (perhaps only because we were seated quite close to it). i wouldn't change a thing and i am eager to return.Special Features:
- fantastic brunch. make a reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/14/2012fantastic brunch. make a reservation so you won't have to wait.Special Features:
- Took my wife here for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Took my wife here for our fifth anniversary and we had our socks knocked off. The service was great, the food was delicious, and they even gave us some sparkling cider(my wife was pregnant) at no extra cost as a present for our anniversary. Noise was moderate, mostly because it doubles as a bakery, but that was a small and not terribly noticeable price to pay for excellent food and service. I would recommend going there for food or dessert to anyone who asks.Special Features:
- Dinner - A challengejeremyg38Dined on 6/29/2012Cafe de Paris is an old favorite and often-visited breakfast/brunch/lunch spot seeing as we live within 4 blocks. This, my first attempt at dinner was however mostly disastrous. Our serviec person was totally sweet and helpful; she gets full credit for doing a great job. The meals, however, were without exception cooked way past requests and even past decent edibility. One was recalled by the staff to be replaced, and was re-served 1/2 HOUR later completely overdone again and after all other guests had finished. How huge a problem is it to NOT COOK something? And to keep 1 in a party of 4 waiting for 1/2 hour for a replacement meal is unthinkable. Anyway, at least the side dishes such as veggies and potatoes were good.
- Fabulous food in a relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012Fabulous food in a relaxed friendly atmosphere, waitress was efficient but friendly!Special Features:
- We are always happy to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012We are always happy to dine at Le Cafe Paris. It feels like a neighborhood bistro. The people are always very friendly and the food is always delicious.Special Features:
- A nice, cozy, friendly restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012A nice, cozy, friendly restaurant. Great deal on bottomless mimosas. The food was great. Liked that they had French baked goods! The service was good and timely although was rather abrasive when it came to serving the group mimosas.Special Features:
- Cafe de Paris is a hiddenDaleBoiDined on 5/24/2012Cafe de Paris is a hidden gem! The menu has a wide range of choices. The food has a beautiful presentation and always excellent. The wait staff is wonderful and nicely attired. This is becoming one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Never been disappointed forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2012Never been disappointed for brunch or dinner. The specialty dinners are also always a treat. Haven't been for lunch, but it's probably awesome too!Special Features:
- BottomlessLbrodenDined on 4/29/2012Amazing food flavors and bottomless mimosas for a relatively great price. I can't think of a better place to be on a Sunday morning. For those with a healthier appetite, I would suggest that patrons inquire with the waitresses about the food serving size, as you may find yourself a little hungry afterward.Special Features:
- I loved it! Café De ParisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012I loved it! Café De Paris has such exquisite food, and it has a really good feel in the restaurant. I was noticing that our food took a long time to prepare, but that may have simply been because I hadn't given us enough time to fully enjoy our meal. The overall experience was great.Special Features:
- A Piece of Paris in Boise, IDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012This is like a hidden treasure in Boise, ID. It is just steps from the capitol building and has a very European feel. I have eating here a handful of times and every time I do it is amazing.Special Features:
- Love this place. LimitedJan021VIPDined on 4/8/2012Love this place. Limited menu, but wonderful food. Great "cafe" atmosphere.Special Features:
- 5 star serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2012First rate service, always. Good menu, well prepared selections. Great confectionaries - many are works art.Special Features:
- Staff continues to be a highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Staff continues to be a highlight of this establishment . . . positive attitude, cheerful, engaging. 5 stars to them! Features a good menu with consistent quality. Confectionaries are possibly the best in Boise.Special Features:
- the food and service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012the food and service was wonderful. We had a big group and they took great care of us. will go back again.Special Features:
- First time for brunch. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2012First time for brunch. Had the Croque Madame - delicious! The mimosas were great, too! They were bottomless, but only had one because they were so big! I'm glad we made a reservation because the place was packed with people waiting!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2012We really enjoyed our first visit. I had the Eggs Benedict and it was excellent. We will return!!!!Special Features:
- 10 of us were served veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/201210 of us were served very quickly considering the Cafe was full on a Sunday morning! Great food and service! One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features: