361, St-Paul Est
Montreal, QC H2Y1H3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crownsalts.com/lebremner
- Phone: 5145440446
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chuck Hughes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Le Bremner
Please visit our website at crownsalts.com for details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Bremner reviews from OpenTable diners
- Just try itVictoriaDined on 1/17/2014Very friendly staff. Ambiance was not so noisy which was nice and there was a nice variation of music. The food, well, nothing beats it. Must be willing to step out of comfort zone and into Lamb Heart. Just try it, it's awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food / atmosphereChristinejuliaDined on 12/21/2013We have for many years been coming to Montreal with friends for a few days before Christmas -and any other time of the year we can make it. One of our traditions is to go out and enjoy some good food. We were a little late in getting organized this year and did not book any restaurants until a couple of weeks before our arrival. We managed to get a table at Le Bremner for 6:30. What a pleasant surprise as the food was excellent and staff was knowledgeable and very pleasant. We never felt rushed to make room for the next seating and everything we ate was delicious - Try the lamb hearts, tuna sashimi, oysters (cold, fresh, nice brine and perfectly shucked), lamb hearts and the lobster sandwich. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun overal experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013Fun overal experience. Food was generally good, except the hot lobster sandwich was underwhelming, also was served to cold. The clam chowder dish was however excellent. Service was prompt and energetic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall very warm experienceSandyDined on 12/18/2013overall very warm experience on a cold Montreal nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love!MarlypantsDined on 12/18/2013Great good, great place definitely reccommend this restaurant for any occasion you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Everything was just perfect from the food to the people to the place. Only remark i would say is the music was just little loud for me but nothing major. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/13/2013It definitely lives up to expectations on all levelsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findWestDined on 12/4/2013Our experience was outstanding other than they are very strick on their opening time. We arrived 1/2 hour early and we're asked to leave until 6 which had us walking the streets in the wet and cold. Once seated though the service was very tentative and the food especially the chowder was top knotch. Give it a try.Special Features:
- excellent food and fabulousKaren81Dined on 11/23/2013excellent food and fabulous service. will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingVictoriaDined on 11/22/2013Only word I can come up with, amazing. Waiter was super attentive and great with suggestions. Food was outstanding and dishes were well balanced, oysters were outstanding. Noise level was just right, not too loud, perfect for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Bremner a hit for client diningJDSWinnipegDined on 11/22/2013The spouse of an very important, long-time client suggested Le Bremner for dinner. The three of us had great time, sharing all of the starters and the entrees. From the excellent oyster selection, through to desert it was a real dining experience, paired with good wine and a knowledgeable and attentive server in a comfortable setting. Hats off to the chef! I will be recommending it to my discerning Montreal friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicousFoodieDined on 11/20/2013Loved the classy yet comfortable ambience of this restaurant. Perfectly decorated, dim without being dark, with unconvential food options that aren't found in a lot of restaurants (Lamb neck/heart). This was paired with outstanding service, and a restaurant manager/operator that is genuinely concerned with the patrons experience. Also had an expansive wine menu and delicious, flavourful, unique house special nightly cocktails. Great place for a gathering of friends, co-workers, or a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was taking clients fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2013I was taking clients from out of town out for dinner and wanted to bring them to a trendy place they wouldn't know about. It was my first time as well. I dine out at least twice a week and have tried to vary my outings lately. The service was impeccable and the food very good and different as I expected. However, I found that it was way too expensive. I don't mind the apetizer size plates to be shared but it should be at apetizer price. 24$ for a tiny tiny apetizer literaly one bite per person (we were 4). 32$ for a clam chowder...It's a bit much. I am used to pricy restaurants and dine at Fererra, Toqué!, 400 coups, bouillon, le local etc...regularly but this was ridiculous. Too bad. priced better, I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good!SophiaVIPDined on 11/19/2013We started with the spicy tomato salad and the Tuna tartare which were so tasty and fresh. After we had the fish of the day which was also very good. Went on a Tuesday night, there wasn't alot of people in the restaurant! Service was friendly and efficient. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Bremner is a Must-VisitAshoDined on 11/15/2013The service / servers were great, food was not only delicious but fun and great for sharing. For the 2 of us, with 3 amazing, house-made cocktails each and 4 dishes to share, the bill came to $206. Worth every dime.Special Features:
- Love the atmosphere Guys atJuneDined on 11/15/2013Love the atmosphere Guys at the bar are wonderful Food is excellentSpecial Features:
- New discoveryJoaninhaDined on 11/14/2013I would recommend to my friends. I had a great time. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFr4uDined on 11/12/2013Expensive for what it is... Food is ok but nothing impressive. There are much better restos Was still enjoyable overallSpecial Features:
- Great old Montreal charm,GreggPDined on 11/12/2013Great old Montreal charm, service was outstanding, helpful and knowledgeable with both the food and wine. The menu is limited but a must for fans of Chuck, fresh and well executed. Lambs neck pasta was rich nicely seasoned, and the skate fish was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck's day on.JenoliDined on 11/9/2013Our second visit. As good as the first. Food, service, ambience all special and unique. Menu is adventurous, enticing and damn good food. Adding it all up, worth every penny. Chuck is one-of-a-kind. We'll be back, often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hot spotLeSnakeDined on 11/8/2013If you are looking for a place with lot of ambiance and loud music, you are at the right place. From time to times you could see notorious local people, if you are into that. If you are a foody, you would definitely appreciate your meal. I am not sure you will be amazed. The service was closed, friendly and super knowledgeable. It couldn't have been better to my opinion. We were served by Maude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower Your ExpectationsTanzDined on 11/8/2013Very slow service... And we waited an eternity to be seated, too. Better off going to Garde-Manger where the food and service are better, and the waiters, more pleasant.
- CriticismzigouigDined on 11/5/2013We truly enjoy this restaurant - the staff is excellent and very welcoming - they are very attentive to the guests - One of the criticism is the delay between the apetizer and principal meal - we have been at the restaurant a few times and we have always experienced this occurence - Moreover the delay to obtain the staff's attention once the meal is served is a bit too long - consistency should apply throughout the dining experience - That being said, your staff is very nice and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went in with high expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013We went in with high expectations , We were the last service and yet we felt rushed and also cheated when it came to ( portion to price). Great restaurant concept but lacking in some very important areas.
- WowjcwalshVIPDined on 10/29/2013I never go to the same place two nights in a row when I am taking customers out, until I ate here. Iam excited about my next trip to Montreal just so I can easy here again. Highly recommend. JcSpecial Features:
- A Memorable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2013I took my friend, who lives in Montreal, to this restaurant for her birthday. The food was unbelievably good and the service was excellent. It Is a very small place, well decorated and comfortable. I would come back from North Carolina any day (even in the winter) to visit and enjoy this, almost sensual food experience.Special Features:
- Overall great experienceGala13Dined on 10/26/2013Was a great experience . Service was really good and the food was outstanding. Quails were the best part of our meal.Special Features:
- Top Chef runner-up is TOP CHEFGeorgeGDined on 10/26/2013Had anniversary dinner at Le Bremner and it truly will be a meal to remember. First of all, the staff is top notch but not over-bearing. They knew the menu, how it is prepared, and how it should be served. The location, although a bit if a nuisance to actually get in to, is in a beautiful location of Old Montreal. The terrace / bar out in the back had "cool" written all over it. As for the food - OUTSTANDING. We met the head chef, Danny Smiles, after our meal and I admitted to him that I could live off of his lobster sandwich, quail in a bucket (a fried chicken comparison that was out of this world), and the pancakes for dessert and not regret the weight I would put on. Overall, a memorable meal and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightGigglesDined on 10/26/2013I finally tried this gem. Every course was an experience. From the amazing scallops appetizer to the great seafood entre, this meal met all my expectations. Unfortunatly they sat us in the outdoor section whichever they close off for the winter and we were the only ones out there. I'm not sure why they would t move us inside but out waiter made the experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was not a charm...GabeDined on 10/25/2013This was my second experience at Le Bremner. My frst time was simply extraordinary. I was so looking forward to it! I reserved weeks in advance. But, when the waiter showed us the back door, my face dropped. I didn't even know they had this very "rustic" back room which, in my opinion, should be used for storage or as a wine cellar, not dining. In October, it's cold, bone chilling humid despite the two big heaters. The food and the wine were still amazing and the service was good. Our waitress knew the menu very well and made every dish sound more appealing than the previous one. Just make sure your reservation is in the MAIN room and you will enjoy tasty, sublime food in a cozy and subdued atmosphere. YOU WILL LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer restaurant!!OttawafoodieDined on 10/24/2013We've eaten at GM a pile of times but first time eating at Le Bremmer and it went above and beyond our expectations, everything from the amazing wait staff, every one of our dishes was amazing and loaded with flavor from the Tuna sashimi to the bucket of quail big shout out to Chef Danny still think you should have won Top Chef. And the wine and cocktails were also amazing the homemade ginger ale mix was crazy good. Defiantly will be back thanx for a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck did it again!MalibuSpaceyDined on 10/22/2013All I have to say is Shrimp & Cornbread! Everything about Le Bremner was outstanding! Attentive & knowledgable service staff; comfortable dining; awesome mixologists and the food -all of it - was some of the most delicious we've ever had. We left most of the decisions up to our waitress including the dessert Pancakes, (not something I would normally have ordered) and we were blown away by it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayDavidr27Dined on 10/18/2013Good but not great. I expected a little lot. Food was very salty.Special Features:
- Amazing night outAAFoodieDined on 10/18/2013Perfect restaurant, perfect night. Amazing food, extensive wine list and the knowledge to back it up by the bartender Mike. Possibly the best service we've ever had, our server was named Maude. Dessert (Pot de Creme and Tarte au Sucre) were absolutely awesome. But then again, I would expect nothing less from a Chuck Hughes restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding. One of the bestBontempsDined on 10/18/2013Outstanding. One of the best meals in my life. I've got to get back to Montreal and Le Bremner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPaoloPDined on 10/17/2013I brought a few customers from Alberta to Le Bremner on a Thursday evening. They were wildly impressed with the food, service and location in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!EKV2Dined on 10/14/2013Great restaurant, delicious food! We absolutely loved Le Bremner! We would highly recommend the oysters of the day, tuna-tahini sashimi, shrimp and corn bread, lamb hearts and baked Alaska. One one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Great pumpkin cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOttawagirlDined on 10/11/2013Gorgeous and romantic location, fabulous service and delicious food. All around fabulous experience to celebrate our wedding anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveeatsoutDined on 10/10/2013food was tasty but very expensive for the portion size Menu was too limited not en ough variety
- I was pleasantly surprisedTerriVIPDined on 10/10/2013I was pleasantly surprised that there were Vegetable Only options on the menu. Often a vegetarian dish is filled with starch; but I was able to enjoy both a spicy tomato salad (which was awesome) and a delicious green cauliflower dish! I am not a vegetarian; but sometimes want to have a hot vegetable plate after a meat/protein option appetizer. The oysters were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.