1017 Howard St.
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bouillonomaha.com/
- Phone: 4025026816x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Menu 3:30-5 M-Sa
Dinner Menu 5-Close M-Sa
Brunch Menu 10-2:30 Su
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Kulik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Le Bouillon
Located in the heart of the Old Market, Le Bouillon offers a return to the great regional culinary heritage of France. In a lively, airy room that offers tables for groups of any size, Chef Paul Kulik presents his take on the comfort foods of rural France. Sourcing the best ingredients from local producers, set in a open, alluring space, Le Bouillon is sure to fit any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Le Bouillon - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Le Bouillon reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)special occasion (62)romantic (59)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)hot spot (13)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Enjoyed-nice eveningBigredmomDined on 10/24/2014Would go again. Good food-loved to try different French things and to share. Good wine. Overall a relaxing, good meal.Loved the table service(china,flowers,tablecloth) and the light airy room. Would like to try for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the lastsfm1017Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding dining experience, great food, wine list and great serviceSpecial Features:
- First timers!FoodlvrDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time eating at Le Bouillon and we were very pleased with the items we chose. My husband had a pork dish which he said was outstanding and I had rice turnover that was pretty good, but looked and tasted a little burned. We haven't eaten at very many French restaurants, so maybe that's they way it was supposed to be prepared.Special Features:
- Impressive.ScarlettsdiningDined on 10/10/2014Very much enjoyed our visit to Le Bouillon. App side of menu was very reasonable, It could be very easy to get carried away. I can only speak to and recommend the Pate Maison. Next the sardines, a tasty and perfect portion to delight; Le Bouillon take the bones and redeliver then to you as edible deep-fried crispy returns. The Piedmontese ribeye was lustful. Le Bouillon is a comfortable, attractive joint. The service was attentive and helpful in selections. By the way, Le Bouillon has Pastis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhAdSikDined on 10/10/2014We were excited to try this restaurant for dinner since brunch had been fantastic a couple weeks ago. It was just meh. Better than Applebees. The food couldn't find the right level of seasoning. My steak was overcooked and needed more salt and pepper. The sauce on the steak, however, was very salty. The mussles in the appetizer tasted over cooked, but the chorizo portion of the dish was delicious. The best thing for about the experience was the Spanish tortilla. We ended up waity a very long time between the first and second plates. The chef did bring out a dish as an apology, but still. The food was just off and a disappointment after our brunch experience.Special Features:
- No Toast!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014A nice spot for a casual dinner, avoid thier "toast" appetizers no matter what the waiter recommends, it should be removed from the menu. It was bad when they opened and the waiter said it had improved.....not, it was horrific. The soup, beet salad, half chicken and duck were on or better than par, including service. That said an overall winner!Special Features:
- Hospitality!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014We eat out a lot, in Omaha and world-wide. This is becoming a favorite. A wonderful atmosphere, amazing staff. Just the best.Special Features:
- Great for late night dinnerAmstoneDined on 9/27/2014My husband I went there after the symphony & had great food & service. Our waitres even remembered we try to avoid gluten & we hadn't had her as a waitress in >6mo. This is our 4th or 5th time there & the food is always exceptional. I especially love their toasts, but without the toast . They put the charcuterie on raw or seared romaine which is delicious & portions are huge. It's nice to see the chef, Paul, involved in all aspects & fun to talk to about food & Omaha restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedSuzyVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had heard great things but were slightly disappointed. We ordered the Wygu beef to share with 3 of us. The menu said it was 22 oz so we thought it would be ample for 1 male and two females. The meat was very flavorful but not tender as we were expecting. We were concerned that it would be too much meat for three of us but it definitely was not. The price I believe was $84. Fortunately we had a salad or soup prior to entree or we would have definitely left hungry. On the plus side, the other male in our party has a food allergy and they were very accomodating.Special Features:
- ExcellentMichael47Dined on 9/25/2014We were treated like nobility, and the food was fit for a king.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerstefnichDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary at Le Bouillon. This was a great choice. Everything from the atmosphere to the service to the food screamed special. The waitress took the time to explain everything to us, she checked on us frequently and definitely made our anniversary memorable. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic, dining experience.Special Features:
- Super yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Great food with a very knowledgeable wait staff. The Duck Confit is a must! We had a five course meal between the two of us and it was still under $100.Special Features:
- A real treatClementineDined on 9/19/2014Le Boullion has brought wonderful food, a fine staff, and an excellent bar and wine list to the former home of the French Cafe. It is so nice to have a fine restaurant back in this space.Special Features:
- 9-18-1409202013Dined on 9/18/2014we went there during restaurant week. the decor was pretty and our waitress gave us wonderful service the food was flavorful, beautifully present and very tasty I was able to see their two party rooms and they are set up to be very inviting for larger groupsSpecial Features:
- Fun little joint for a special dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Kind of pricey, but food was worth it. Although, we got there at 7 and left at 10pm. It was a 3 course meal, but long wait for food! Several tables nearby did the same 3 course meal and had better luck. Maybe hit or miss with the server??!Special Features:
- judesterVIPDined on 9/17/2014Went during restaurant week. It was our first time there and we will be back. Everything was top notch from food to service.Special Features:
- Service wonderful, food fantasticAngelaDined on 9/14/2014What a wonderful little resturant! Service was fantastic, staff was kind and patient. Food was refreshingly different and delicious! My family and I had a relaxing time. I recommend the brunch pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dwrinkdrinkDined on 9/14/2014We visited Le Bouillon for a Sunday brunch with out of town guests. We were all impressed with feeling of the place, service and food. The only disappointment for me was the taste of the Bloody Maria. We live in the Market and haven't tried Le Bouillon yet. We'll have to try it for dinner now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkMichelleDined on 9/13/20142 of us dined- first time there for Restaurant Week. Love the Boiler Room so was looking forward to it. The food was very good except for the beef with mushroom reduction. Had a bad taste. The server was not that attentive or trained. Chef came out and apologized, removed it from the bill. Though the restaurant is described as more causal, it was overpriced for the service and food. I will give it another try as everything else was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid local French fareMicaelaDined on 9/12/2014Nice to see the old French Cafe transformed into a classy yet approachable place. The food was great, service knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencedrdana16Dined on 9/12/2014Le Bouillon was top notch. The service was exemplary and the food was even better. I will say the dishes are quite rich, so having both a first and second plate was far too much for me. I had the vichyssoise as my first plate and the cassoulet as my second plate. Both were quite rich but certainly delicious. The pricing was perfectly reasonable for the food we got. I will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/11/2014The oysters were pristinely fresh and clean. Duck breast with whole grains and sauce was memorable, with the sauce enhancing the grains beautifully. Our waitress was attentive, sincere, and competent. We are going back next week for oysters at the bar! This is a find, a most enjoyable place to have a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful and DeliciouscolefamDined on 8/30/2014The menu had some surprising takes on classic ideas. We really enjoyed ourselves and had superb service. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality of food. We had a delicious bottle of wine with dinner that was a perfect recommendation by the server. Overall, it was so fun and I strongly encourage everyone to make a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestWineIsFoodDined on 8/30/2014Omaha has some really excellent restaurants, and Le Bouillon has to be ranked right up at the top. Chef Kulik and his crew have crafted a small menu big on flavor and satisfaction. The sausage duet was tasty and well complemented by the sides (as well as the lovely red wine recommended by the very knowledgeable young waiter, Robert). My uncle enjoyed his steak, which was cooked to perfection, and my husband loved his pork dish. The only real problem was narrowing the menu choices down, I cannot wait to go back and try more of the options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itmamabehrDined on 8/29/2014The duck confit was so yummy. The Isastegi Cider was basically a glass of vinegar, we sent it back and they removed it from the bill. The Bon Homme's complex flavor was interesting. Bread and olive oil de Provence was nothing special the bread was toasted which did not make sense if you are supposed to dip it in the oil, toasted bread does not absorb oil. Beet salad in caper vinaigrette was basically beets mixed with cottage cheese. Bistro Steak ordered medium was cooked correctly but the meat was lukewarm when it arrived. The red wine jus was delicious, I asked for some bread, not toasted, to soak up the the yummy jus. The bread a French Batard was very good. The wine list was large but very pricey. Check it out for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SpotRandomManDined on 8/29/2014Went here with my girlfriend for a special night out, totally rocked. The service was attentive. The food was really great. The duck was KILLER. Highly recommend. I also suggest getting one of the toast appetizers. We had the pork toast (better than it sounds I swear) and it was amazing. I wish out entrees came with just like one side of something whether it was greens or mashed potatoes but that's super nit picky on my part.Special Features:
- WolfHowlettVIPDined on 8/27/2014Innovative French comfort food. If you like sardines get the starter with the "crispy return." The entrees will warm your soul. I look to return in the cold days of an Omaha winter for food that tastes like it was prepared in a hearth in a French country house.Special Features:
- Farm Fresh FrenchCFbornDined on 8/22/2014Lovely room, attentive service. Interesting cocktail list, including a daily "punch" and a local, seasonal menu that includes lots of small plates, perfect for sharing. The heirloom cherry tomato w/anasazi bean puree toast was amazing, as were the fried green tomatoes. Not as successful was the grilled romaine w/leek, sheep's cheese, which had an odd sour taste, and the squash blossoms, which were very salty. I sampled the Bistro Steak and it was very good, another diner ordered the Berkshire Pork Presse (pork shoulder slow cooked, then "pressed") which was very tender and delicious. The Steak Tartare, served with a light refreshing parsley cream, was a hit. Love the mis-matched plates. Would love to visit again and try other menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we will be backBasilRathboneDined on 8/19/2014Food and drinks were creative and delicious. Ambience was simple and serene, elegant but not pretentious. Service smooth and attentive, but not overly so. This is a new venture in the Old Market and is one of those places that should be a neighborhood gem-bustling with people, conversation and good food. We almost hesitate to leave a review because we want to keep it all to ourselves. A very satisfying simple meal can be had for not too much money, or you could pull out the stops and have a special occasion dining experience. The staff will make your experience what you want it to be-either way, it will be excellent.Special Features:
- Unique brunch menuDayLilysandblueSkyDined on 8/17/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed the meal, first time for most of us, came highly recommended by one of our partySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dining and service. Really good old fashioners from the bar too.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightLolasDadDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time dining at Le Bouillon. It was very good. Our waitress knew the menu well and was able to make excellent recommendations. She listened to our food allergies and made sure the kitchen knew. She knew the wine list well, and since we were not familiar with French wines, brought us two to try before we chanced ordering anything. All of the food, from the crab salad to the toasts to the Spanish tortilla to the large dish pork was wonderful. It was a slower meal, which was fine by us, but it was a great romantic night out on the town. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each item was perfectTooTallSidVIPDined on 8/9/2014The Bon Homme bourbon cocktail was a surprise - lemony yet still bourbon. The gazpacho with almonds & grapes really worked. The sausages were not too spicy, so flavorful, and many little sauces and sides to accompany them. The recommended Spanish red was perfect taste between sausage bites. And overall, our server was a delight. Attentive, smart, but unobtrusive. We look forward to going again!Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchluvfrenchfoodDined on 8/3/2014Food was masterfully prepared and served. Different brunch than the ordinary places and they did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante Italian takeoverDinner56Dined on 8/1/2014Wonderful experience - enjoyed the dinner and wine pairing. Will be back to try the full dinner menu.Special Features:
- Great!OmahaeaterDined on 7/26/2014Great service, great food, lots of character ambiance. Very creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Devon was awesome. He introduced us to a couple twists on traditional cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhoundDined on 7/19/2014Food was interesting but good and there are things I would like to go back and try. Unless you intend to drink wine your options are limited, do not carry much in name brands of other alcohols. I drink Grey Goose martinis, they only had 2 types of vodka, neither top shelf or very good.Special Features:
- A Must TryBirthdayTimeDined on 7/18/2014The dining experience was so wonderful! It is unique on dining experience and the staff is delightful! The Chef came over to our table to visit with us, impressive. All the dishes we ordered were so good! And drinks paired with dishes was right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RavenoaksduoDined on 7/17/2014My foodie mother-in-law and I like to check out the new restaurants in town and this was a gem. The menu is very eclectic -- many interesting variations on a French food theme. An excellent wine list, although, we will need to brush up on our French wines, since the vast majority are French. The appetizers were inspired -- we ordered the rock shrimp on toast -- and the small plates very filling. The oysters were exceptional, the sardines, for our palettes, a bit too salty. But that's a small matter. Our server was both knowledgeable and delightful. We will definitely return, with other family members in tow.Special Features: