1017 Howard St.
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bouillonomaha.com/
- Phone: 4025026816x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Menu 3:30-5 M-Sa
Dinner Menu 5-Close M-Sa
Brunch Menu 10-2:30 Su
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Kulik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Le Bouillon
Located in the heart of the Old Market, Le Bouillon offers a return to the great regional culinary heritage of France. In a lively, airy room that offers tables for groups of any size, Chef Paul Kulik presents his take on the comfort foods of rural France. Sourcing the best ingredients from local producers, set in a open, alluring space, Le Bouillon is sure to fit any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Le Bouillon - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Le Bouillon reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)romantic (66)special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (44)great for outdoor dining (34)great for brunch (30)good for groups (20)hot spot (18)scenic view (14)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Service wonderful, food fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014What a wonderful little resturant! Service was fantastic, staff was kind and patient. Food was refreshingly different and delicious! My family and I had a relaxing time. I recommend the brunch pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkMichelleDined on 9/13/20142 of us dined- first time there for Restaurant Week. Love the Boiler Room so was looking forward to it. The food was very good except for the beef with mushroom reduction. Had a bad taste. The server was not that attentive or trained. Chef came out and apologized, removed it from the bill. Though the restaurant is described as more causal, it was overpriced for the service and food. I will give it another try as everything else was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid local French fareMicaelaDined on 9/12/2014Nice to see the old French Cafe transformed into a classy yet approachable place. The food was great, service knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencedrdana16Dined on 9/12/2014Le Bouillon was top notch. The service was exemplary and the food was even better. I will say the dishes are quite rich, so having both a first and second plate was far too much for me. I had the vichyssoise as my first plate and the cassoulet as my second plate. Both were quite rich but certainly delicious. The pricing was perfectly reasonable for the food we got. I will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/11/2014The oysters were pristinely fresh and clean. Duck breast with whole grains and sauce was memorable, with the sauce enhancing the grains beautifully. Our waitress was attentive, sincere, and competent. We are going back next week for oysters at the bar! This is a find, a most enjoyable place to have a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful and DeliciouscolefamDined on 8/30/2014The menu had some surprising takes on classic ideas. We really enjoyed ourselves and had superb service. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality of food. We had a delicious bottle of wine with dinner that was a perfect recommendation by the server. Overall, it was so fun and I strongly encourage everyone to make a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestWineIsFoodDined on 8/30/2014Omaha has some really excellent restaurants, and Le Bouillon has to be ranked right up at the top. Chef Kulik and his crew have crafted a small menu big on flavor and satisfaction. The sausage duet was tasty and well complemented by the sides (as well as the lovely red wine recommended by the very knowledgeable young waiter, Robert). My uncle enjoyed his steak, which was cooked to perfection, and my husband loved his pork dish. The only real problem was narrowing the menu choices down, I cannot wait to go back and try more of the options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itmamabehrDined on 8/29/2014The duck confit was so yummy. The Isastegi Cider was basically a glass of vinegar, we sent it back and they removed it from the bill. The Bon Homme's complex flavor was interesting. Bread and olive oil de Provence was nothing special the bread was toasted which did not make sense if you are supposed to dip it in the oil, toasted bread does not absorb oil. Beet salad in caper vinaigrette was basically beets mixed with cottage cheese. Bistro Steak ordered medium was cooked correctly but the meat was lukewarm when it arrived. The red wine jus was delicious, I asked for some bread, not toasted, to soak up the the yummy jus. The bread a French Batard was very good. The wine list was large but very pricey. Check it out for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SpotRandomManDined on 8/29/2014Went here with my girlfriend for a special night out, totally rocked. The service was attentive. The food was really great. The duck was KILLER. Highly recommend. I also suggest getting one of the toast appetizers. We had the pork toast (better than it sounds I swear) and it was amazing. I wish out entrees came with just like one side of something whether it was greens or mashed potatoes but that's super nit picky on my part.Special Features:
- WolfHowlettVIPDined on 8/27/2014Innovative French comfort food. If you like sardines get the starter with the "crispy return." The entrees will warm your soul. I look to return in the cold days of an Omaha winter for food that tastes like it was prepared in a hearth in a French country house.Special Features:
- Farm Fresh FrenchCFbornDined on 8/22/2014Lovely room, attentive service. Interesting cocktail list, including a daily "punch" and a local, seasonal menu that includes lots of small plates, perfect for sharing. The heirloom cherry tomato w/anasazi bean puree toast was amazing, as were the fried green tomatoes. Not as successful was the grilled romaine w/leek, sheep's cheese, which had an odd sour taste, and the squash blossoms, which were very salty. I sampled the Bistro Steak and it was very good, another diner ordered the Berkshire Pork Presse (pork shoulder slow cooked, then "pressed") which was very tender and delicious. The Steak Tartare, served with a light refreshing parsley cream, was a hit. Love the mis-matched plates. Would love to visit again and try other menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we will be backBasilRathboneDined on 8/19/2014Food and drinks were creative and delicious. Ambience was simple and serene, elegant but not pretentious. Service smooth and attentive, but not overly so. This is a new venture in the Old Market and is one of those places that should be a neighborhood gem-bustling with people, conversation and good food. We almost hesitate to leave a review because we want to keep it all to ourselves. A very satisfying simple meal can be had for not too much money, or you could pull out the stops and have a special occasion dining experience. The staff will make your experience what you want it to be-either way, it will be excellent.Special Features:
- Unique brunch menuDayLilysandblueSkyDined on 8/17/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed the meal, first time for most of us, came highly recommended by one of our partySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dining and service. Really good old fashioners from the bar too.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightLolasDadDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time dining at Le Bouillon. It was very good. Our waitress knew the menu well and was able to make excellent recommendations. She listened to our food allergies and made sure the kitchen knew. She knew the wine list well, and since we were not familiar with French wines, brought us two to try before we chanced ordering anything. All of the food, from the crab salad to the toasts to the Spanish tortilla to the large dish pork was wonderful. It was a slower meal, which was fine by us, but it was a great romantic night out on the town. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each item was perfectTooTallSidVIPDined on 8/9/2014The Bon Homme bourbon cocktail was a surprise - lemony yet still bourbon. The gazpacho with almonds & grapes really worked. The sausages were not too spicy, so flavorful, and many little sauces and sides to accompany them. The recommended Spanish red was perfect taste between sausage bites. And overall, our server was a delight. Attentive, smart, but unobtrusive. We look forward to going again!Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchluvfrenchfoodDined on 8/3/2014Food was masterfully prepared and served. Different brunch than the ordinary places and they did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante Italian takeoverDinner56Dined on 8/1/2014Wonderful experience - enjoyed the dinner and wine pairing. Will be back to try the full dinner menu.Special Features:
- Great!OmahaeaterDined on 7/26/2014Great service, great food, lots of character ambiance. Very creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Devon was awesome. He introduced us to a couple twists on traditional cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhoundDined on 7/19/2014Food was interesting but good and there are things I would like to go back and try. Unless you intend to drink wine your options are limited, do not carry much in name brands of other alcohols. I drink Grey Goose martinis, they only had 2 types of vodka, neither top shelf or very good.Special Features:
- A Must TryBirthdayTimeDined on 7/18/2014The dining experience was so wonderful! It is unique on dining experience and the staff is delightful! The Chef came over to our table to visit with us, impressive. All the dishes we ordered were so good! And drinks paired with dishes was right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RavenoaksduoDined on 7/17/2014My foodie mother-in-law and I like to check out the new restaurants in town and this was a gem. The menu is very eclectic -- many interesting variations on a French food theme. An excellent wine list, although, we will need to brush up on our French wines, since the vast majority are French. The appetizers were inspired -- we ordered the rock shrimp on toast -- and the small plates very filling. The oysters were exceptional, the sardines, for our palettes, a bit too salty. But that's a small matter. Our server was both knowledgeable and delightful. We will definitely return, with other family members in tow.Special Features:
- OutstandingrobinpbarberVIPDined on 7/15/2014My second visit. The staff was amazing. The shrimp toast was to die for delicious! Server was informative and made spot on suggestions. We shared clams and pork belly. We will be back soon and as often as we are in Omaha.Special Features:
- Give it a try!jneatsDined on 7/15/2014Really good variety on the menu, and our server was awesome. She was so helpful and knowledgeable about everything from the food to the wine. We got a handful of non-entree items to share (the Dungeness crab salad being tops), which was perfect. Everything was very good but noticeably salty. If you're salt-sensitive, maybe ask to have the seasoning taken down a notch, if possible. If you're looking for a quiet place to be taken care of by a staff that seems to really know their stuff, give Le Bullion a try.Special Features:
- a lovely eveningupscalediner2014Dined on 7/12/2014Had a great evening at Le Bouillion.....the pate de Maisson was awesome....rock shrimp toast, yummy......Prices were vere reasonable for an upscale restaurant...Our server was very informative......Highly recommend Le BouillionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.OmahaEaterDined on 7/12/2014I took my wife to Le Bouillon to celebrate our anniversary. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Our server was friendly and was happy to explain menu items and pairings. The courses of duck, soup, and clams were wonderful. The desserts of macaroons and pot de creme tasted great but were not astonishing. Overall, we had a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Spacious French Dining!WDLAKBDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I had forgotten about the spot where the French Café used to be. Decided to try Le Bouillon and were so thankful we did. The food, the wine, our waiter – fantastic. I don’t believe I have ever bothered to write a review for a restaurant, but it truly was a wonderful place to dine. I highly recommend you try it!Special Features:
- GoodeaterDined on 7/10/2014We are very familiar with sharing small plates. Haley was prompt, skilled and knowledgable about the wines. And she listens. She went and got chef Paul from the kitchen as we requested. He was very agreeable as well. We will recommend and return. Lovely experience and not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome & Sublime Dining ExperienceDannyDined on 7/8/2014Words cannot describe just how wonderful our dining experience was at Le Bouillon. My wife, Margaret, visited it on the occasion of my 68th birthday. We simply cannot get enough of that wonderful place. We enjoyed Les Petit Plats: House Lardo, steamed clams, grilled romaine, Crispy Sweetbreads, and a wonderful desert the name of which I have forgotten. But what we enjoyed the most were the Whole Sardines. Those are not readily available in Nebraska but they are especially delicious and done to a fare-thee-well at Le Bouillon. We enjoyed the deep fried bones after eating the fish. And the service was impeccable. We cannot wait until we are able to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance food winejxcxDined on 7/4/2014love this place. wonderfully renovated. charcuterie was fab. wine was well recommended. portions are very substantial. already looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly staffMaggieDined on 7/1/2014They made my wife's birthday dinner out a special one. Our server was awesome and deserved the 50% tip I gave her. Would go back any time we are in the mood for French style cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014One of the best brunches that we have had in Omaha!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Have been wanting to dine here for some time and chose it for a special occasion. Had to send the clams back because they were gritty. They were in a fois gras broth that was just didn't work- not good. The arroz a la plancha was delicious but better as a smaller portion because it's rich and heavy. I ordered the Piedmontese bistro steak that was cooked perfectly but overwhelmingly SALTY! Could not eat much of it. The waitress removed the clams and steak from the bill but it kind of ruined the night. Macaroons and rum cake were excellent. I hope this was an off night. I might go back if they get good reviews in the future. But no time soon. Now I'm hesitant to try the Boiler Room.
- DinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014We very much enjoyed our experience at this wonderful Omaha French Restaurant. Upon our initial greeting from Haley, who was our waitperson to the wonderful cuisine, our experience was outstanding and memorable. We were extremely impressed with Haley, her knowledge, her commitment to ensuring our experience in her 'restaurant' was the best ever. Special kudos to her for exhibiting outstanding customer service. Loved our experience and the Bistro steak and duck breast were sensational... run, don't walk to this delightful restaurant.Special Features:
- Friday Evening Treat2dine4Dined on 6/27/2014Our night out was really special. It began with a Manhattan, perfectly concocted by attentive staff, and continued to delight with the "toasts", duck, pickled onion and pork rillette, all delicious and generously proportioned, more than enough for two. Our entrees, Fisherman's stew and Beef short ribs, arrived in a timely fashion. My stew was full of clams, mussels, white fish and shrimp in a rich creamy broth. My partner's ribs were initially too salty for his taste and were subsequently replaced with an entirely new plate, cooked to perfection and graciously presented by our concerned server. It was a great experience, enlivened by Sam Mercer's artwork and thoughtfully selected music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCarlyDined on 6/26/2014The wine selection is only French wines which we were not familiar with but sampled a couple and they weren't good enough to order considering the price. The food was not that great except for the beet salad. The entrees were way too salty. The best thing it has going for it is the charming atmosphere but unfortunately that isn't enough to get us to come back again.Special Features:
- Special Wine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/24/2014The Loire wine tasting meal and wine pairing dinner was outstanding. In particular, the duck breast main course, with confit, Brussel sprout and strawberries was memorable, a real winner. Mussels were best I have had in Omaha and broth was delicious. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChikDined on 6/22/2014Just okay, my third time and the food is always just okay. The building is beautiful and the decor.Special Features:
- Kulik does it again!winesnobVIPDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dinner at Le Bouillon on Saturday. Service was outstanding. Whole sardines were very good as was the grilled romaine salad. Husband had the Bistro steak and although not really unique in any way, it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.