517 NW 14th Ave
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bouchon-portland.com/
- Phone: 5032482193
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Le Bouchon
Visit Le Bouchon for an authentic French dining experience. Our restaurant boosts traditional French foods created by our owner and chef with 45 years' experience in classic French cuisine with a country flare. Stop in today to taste what Portland, Oregon's, local media is raving about! You'll find France's most popular dishes on the menu, including lamb shanks delicately prepared by our Chef. Our chef can also prepare a special meal for you with a few days advanced notice. Your French dish will go perfectly with our selection of French wines and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Bouchon - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Le Bouchon reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (19)romantic (18)special occasion (15)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (4)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfect date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014For a special night out, this was a perfect place to go. Our waiter was amazing and super helpful. We ended up ordering 3 appetizers and 4 dishes to share. There wasn't a bad dish. We asked our waiter to pick the best wine in a price point for what we were eating and we were quite happy with his decision. We can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MBEWDined on 8/1/2014Very nice, very French. My wife and I both had Coquille St Jacques then Poisson du Jour with a bottle of Sancerre. Quite delicious!Special Features:
- Saturday NightPortowickDined on 7/26/2014Perfect night with the wife. Host is very professional and knowledgeable. Food was very, very good.Special Features:
- Don'tWorldTraveler1Dined on 7/22/2014I wouldn't go back if it was free! The waitress was an airhead. She used cleaner on the table next to mine while I was eating! The food was salty and the bread was stale.
- Very French!FoodieFanVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've eaten here for years, and love their Bouillabaisse. We came here because, with only ten tables, we thought it would be quiet and intimate, good for talking with our friend who doesn't hear well, but it was quite noisy. We had to lean into each other to hear our conversation. For that reason, try going at lunchtime, which is not as raucous. Our waiter, Kalil(?) was almost hyper, taking liberty with his teasing, but it was in good fun. Our food was very good, even though they ended up being out of my order so I had to switch to a different fish. If it hadn't been so hot, I would have gotten the Bouillabaisse again, and been happier.Special Features:
- New TraditionqueenofpicklesDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I chose to celebrate our first wedding anniversary at Le Bouchon for dinner. It was a really lovely meal. Both chefs came by our table to see how we were enjoying our meal and the server we had was adorable. She was very young, very enthusiastic and personable. I appreciated how she made sure we were happy and comfortable throughout our meal. The food was delicious. My husband and I both agreed the escargot was the best either of us have ever had. We had a really amazing dessert called l'ile flotante (floating island) and haven't stopped raving about it since. We'll be heading back there again for our 2nd anniversary for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceTiggerDined on 7/8/2014It was a quiet evening at the restaurant but it felt cozy and like we were dining at a little local restaurant in France. Our waitress made the meal. I had wanted mussels but they had not got their new delivery. She suggested a very wonderful alternative which made my meal. The apple tarte tartin was sheer perfection. I am a chocolate fanatic but I would order this again even if they had the most perfect chocolate dessert. One small nitpik, they served the little plastic containers of "cream" for the coffee. I got a lovely pitcher of milk with my tea. Next time how about a lovely pitcher of cream with my friend's coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic French experienceaqpdxDined on 7/3/2014You are in for an authentic, excellent French meal of the countryside-bistro/agriturismo sort, complete with a slightly surly French waiter to round out the experience. Don't let that stop you - just soak it up as a realistic example of what I've found most city restaurant service there to be like. Seriously, I kind of enjoyed being treated like an annoyance... sort of form of penance for the excellent food to come.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealjavalersDined on 7/3/2014Once again a fantastic meal from start to finish. Good service, great lamb shank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vancitydinerDined on 6/28/2014The food was terrible. I know french food is going to be fatty, but everything was covered in grease which left a disgusting film in your mouth. It wasn't that busy, just a couple other tables which was nice because it was quiet, but if you're looking for a quiet french bistro, I would look elsewhere.
- Hoagiereview1Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent food. Great service. Favorite French restaurant in Portland. Feels like a hidden gem in Paris.Special Features:
- Great placeRobrose131Dined on 6/28/2014Great place to celebrate any occasion. Authentic French food. Good service and quiet. Great for adults and couples to enjoy a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.PhilDined on 6/27/2014Outstanding food and service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food and serviceEddieDined on 6/27/2014It was our first time my wife and I, we started with the escargot and the onion soup . Then our waiter recommended the tenders of beef and the lamb shank .everything was delicious, the service was very attentive and humorous. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good...service needs helpHoangx2Dined on 6/21/2014The apps were good and the duck breast as well, but the pork was over cooked. The sides the came with the main course were almost identical, they could have came up with something better. 1 waiter on a Saturday not enough to provide good service. They need a buser.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceBerlinaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Good food and excellent service made for a special, romantic night.Special Features:
- Ok food. bizarre ambience details.Abs6Dined on 6/13/2014Liked my food. Had moules. Yum. But - pet peeve of mine - they neet to copy edit the menu. Several grammatical and spelling errors. Felt more like a cheap tourist joint menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic French FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2014I have been going to this little gem for years and it never disappoints. Excellent food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- French restaurantGreatLunchVIPDined on 5/16/2014This is a very small restaurant with small menu . French cousine. If you visit need to place your order appetizer and main course at once ? My son and me came to portland to visit the UP. I made reservations at 745 pm and came to the restaurant on time. We order an apperitive and look at the menu. We wanted to share a smoke salmon and then decide what would be our main course. The waiter told us that we had to order all at once or if not wait 2 hours for the main course later. So I thanked him and asked for the check . He said don't worry and gave us the drink on the house . Nice but be ready to order when you get there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- marginalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014there needs to be another waiter , he was over worked so his hospitality was not as jovial. food took a long time to come from the kitchen
- Simply amazing!FoodCriticPDX122343Dined on 5/15/2014The food is absolutely delicious, no matter what you order, the service was attentive, and it was nice and quiet, a great place to enjoy conversation. One of those gems you want to return to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarthaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Feels a bit like being in a bistro in France. Enjoyed our meal with friends in this excellent, but non pretentious restaurant.Special Features:
- Great foodOysterboyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was terrific, waiter very amicable. Waited an hour for our main course! If you are a patient person this is a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Classic French cooking at its best in an small, atmospheric cafe setting.Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Le Bouchon reviews archive.
- Great French foodFMCHAPVIPDined on 5/2/2014If you are looking for a great country French cuisine in Portland OR, this is it. However, anticipate long wait for your food because Le Bouchon only has one wait person for the entire restaurant. It is cozy, so it's good to bring your date if you plan to have a long evening with your date.Special Features:
- Great FoodFluxconDined on 4/30/2014Wonderful French restaurant with superb menu and food. Every course was as good as it gets. Chocolate mousse was the best ever. Excellent French wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014We went here for our anniversary and it was wonderful. The small bistro was intimate and romantic. We felt special at our table with excellent service from our waiter. The duck confit was rich and flavorful and the fillet of sole was full flavored without being heavy. Excellent for certain.Special Features:
- La BouchonBuddDined on 4/5/2014Having lived for several years in France, I enjoy La Bouchon. It is an excellent restaurant, capturing the food and ambience of France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional French FoodRobrose131Dined on 4/4/2014Enjoy the specials and daily menu items. Large wine list. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True FindPorterDined on 4/3/2014Good food and Great service! Quiet, lovely place to dine with someone you want to have a conversation with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizers and entreesggmagourmetDined on 4/2/2014The appetizers and entrees were very good, but the deserts were somewhat disappointing, although four of us had no problem finishishing three deserts. The waiter was charming and attentive. I don't know if the wine list was notable, but it was very satisfactory and reasonably priced. Ambiance was cozy and quiet, which suits the needs of seniors. We would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of FranceJasmineDined on 3/29/2014Dining in this warm, fragrant, cozy, and hospitable restaurant is like returning to France for an evening. The food is excellent, and the staff are friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute French restaurantpdxdinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food is fresh and good and reasonably priced. We had a reservation. The restaurant wasn't full but they only had one waiter, so he was super busy. That would have been fine, but I felt like we were a little bit of an inconvenience for him. We didn't mind waiting to order our dinner but at least wanted to get started with a glass of wine. With the many other great restaurants in Portland, I probably won't visit here again. It's nice to feel wanted as a customer.
- A taste of France in PortlandGregZVIPDined on 3/29/2014I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough! Delicious French fare in Portland's "Pearl" district. The smoked salmon appetizer was delicious and the muscles as my main course were as good as in Honfleur, France. Great service and reasonable prices makes for a wonderful experience at this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden gemGaryDined on 3/28/2014The entire diniing experience was wonderful. My wife and I enjoy dining. By this I mean we are in no rush to complete a meal. All items were brought out in a timely fashion. The menu was very broad and everything we had was outstanding. For a first time we wanted to try as much as possible. This included 3 apps, 1 salad, 2 entrees and 2 desserts. We are both looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I rememberRoboPDXDined on 3/19/2014still fine french bistro fare, everything was good or very good - but pearl district prices seem to have caught up to them - we didn't find the value.
- New AdventureSwheatonDined on 3/11/2014This my guest and I's first time dining at Le Bouchon. We started with the Pate which was delicious. The Gelee that was on it was packed with flavor as was the Pate itself. We then ordered the Clam special and the Cassoulet. Both were done perfectly. The clams were packed with flavor in the broth only complaint is that they were possibly not cleaned well enough. They had little bits of sand throughout them but still tasted amazing. The cassoulet was to die for. Traditional execution with this dish. The sausage was tender, the duck confit practically melted in your mouth and the beans were soft but not mushy. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better French FoodCherylHDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I have eaten here a few times now. We love the food and the service. We went to another "more popular/trendy" French restaurant in Portland and La B does it way better. Even though the place was packed by the time we were finished with our meal, the server was still personable and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Consistently superb for many years. Flawless French cuisine and vibe.Special Features:
- Wonderful Sauces!Mocha61Dined on 3/6/2014We love Le Bouchon! The food is fantastic, and the sauces incredible! We always enjoy ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.