1886, Notre-Dame Ouest
Montreal, QC H3J1M6Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leboucan.com/
- Phone: 5144394555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tueday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Le Boucan
Smoking, noun: Process of preserving and flavoring meats and fish by exposing them to the smoke from burning wood. Located near downtown Montreal, in the heart of Little Burgundy, Le Boucan offers a unique culinary experience in an original, rustic setting. The smokehouse-inspired menu entices patrons with succulent Southern-style dishes; the chef uses a special wood chip smoking technique that intensifies the flavor of ribs, BBQ chicken and infamous guedilles. The menu also includes nachos with smoked salsa, Cajun fries, a 5-napkin burger and a gigantic Pit Boss, to name a few. With its complete selection of bourbons and whiskeys, which can be savored in the dining room, as the bar or on the restaurant’s terrace in the summer, Le Boucan is perfectly fitting for lunch and dinner partied, happy hours between friends, and major televised sports event celebrations. Experience Le Boucan for a truly friendly atmosphere and exceptionally savory cuisine in authentic surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Boucan reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Awesome BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Visiting from Toronto and found Le Boucan on the net while searching for BBQ joints. This place FAR EXCEEDED our expectations. The Mac and Cheese app is great and the ribs are to die for. Outstanding restaurant, great homely service, and an overall great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Le Boucan reviews archive.
- Great spot to watch the game!ceeceefoodeeDined on 5/27/2014Had a great time watching the game. Food was good-- I had the mac 'n cheese, which was phenomenal, as well as the ribs, which I have to say weren't fall off the bone. I tried my friends pulled pork and it tasted bit too tomatoey. Sangria wasn't great. Aside from that, I'd go back, but instead try another meat dish on the menu. Loved the atmosphere the most.Special Features:
- MtlfoodyDined on 5/18/2014Nous avions vraiment hate d'essayer Le Boucan pour leur réputation de viande et sauce BBQ. La poutine au porc effiloché est excellente mais le poulet et les cotes levés étaient vraiment décevante. Le poulet d'IGA est meilleur ça vous donne une idée...Le couple a côté de nous voulaient commander des côtés levés mais il n'y en avait plus alors qu'il n'était que 20:00 et qu'il y avait un méchant line up au bar! En conclusion ne valait pas le détour.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gem!TheodigioDined on 5/14/2014My only regret is not having gone to this place earlier. Heard fabulous things about it and I was certainly not disappointed. Great food, great service, great ambiance, all wrapped up in a little notre dame gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rmcdDined on 4/29/2014Second time reserving on open table and they had not checked their open table reservations so I was not in their book. Walked in to a 1/4 full restaurant 10min before my reservation and had to sit at the bar for 10min only to be seated at a table that was vacant when I walked in. Happened to other people I know as well. Please be conscious to those who reserve on open table. Overall was a good resto and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food with great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014I went there for my friends bachelor party. The smoked meat whether it be from the ribs or chicken was so tasty and juicy. The meat was cooked very well in my opinion and it fell right off the bone. To add on to that the waitress we had was very helpful in telling us about certain spots to go to which was very helpful.Special Features:
- Southern comfort BBQrognicheDined on 2/1/2014I went to Le Boucan for lunch. It is a small place (seats approx. 35 people). You can really distinguish the food in comparison to your typical "Chicken & Ribs" joint. This is real Southern BBQ. The portions are very big (I needed a doggie bag). The food was very good and you see alot of interesting choices on the menu (Smoked Tomato Soup, Bacon Brownie to name a few). What topped it all of was incredible service. Our server was very kind and sincere, was very helpful and answered some questions and was very knowledgeable. I would definitely go back and try other things on the menu I didn't get a chance to try the first time. They also open up a terrace in the back in the summertime so that is definitely a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poutine au cochonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014Un must. J'ai aussi pris les ailes fumées. Cuites à point. Excellent spot à aller avant le hockey. Le Centre Bell est à 15 min de marche gros max.Special Features:
- BBQ saucePeterDined on 1/19/2014If you like very very much BBQ sauce it is a restaurent for you otherwise don't go....Special Features:
- Restaurant apprécié lors d'unAuroreDined on 1/15/2014Restaurant apprécié lors d'un dîner entre collègues. Plats savoureux (tant la salade que la poutine à l'effiloché de porc ou les sandwichs). Service agréable et efficace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Le dîner était excellent sur tout, sauf à l'arrivée des desserts ! Il n'y avait plus de tarte au babeurre donc nous avons commandés le brownies au bacon. Le brownies était sec au lieu de moelleux et le goût n'était pas bon ! Après un aussi bon repas j'ai été déçu de tout gâcher avec le mauvais goût du brownies et de repartir avec celaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2013Delicious BBQ and easy to share. We were 6 for lunch and shared 2 green salads (with yummy fried onions on top!), a plate of chicken wings and the pit boss platter. More than enough food and all very scrumptious. Service was attentive and quick. One of the better BBQ joints in Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very very good. justyumyumDined on 10/29/2013food was very very good. just one thing the booth space is rather small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple but really good food!SeekUp78Dined on 7/23/2013For a first visit, try the Pit Boss, for 2. It's a big platter with fries, ribs, half chicken, pulled pork (amazing!) and sides. It's a great way to get an idea of what this place is about: good barbecue.Special Features:
- Best pulled pork and best ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013I had visited this restaurant 3 times already and each time I was extremely satisfied with the ribs which are the best in Montreal. This time, we went for lunch and took it easy with the pulled pork sandwich and pulled pork poutine. Once again, I was not disappointed as both dishes were very tasty and filling. The sauve is absolutely marvelous. Drink selection is great and the Tom Collins and Swimming Pool were both very refreshing. Finally, we had the classic bacon brownie (please dont f`rown until you taste it) whihc was also delicious. In case you hadn`t noticed, I definitaly recommend this smoke house, one of my favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Montreal BBQSnacksDined on 6/9/2013Good BBQ in Montreal. I like smokey BBQ but this had a lighter touch to it but still real good. We went with the "pit boss" to share among 3 people to get ribs, pulled pork and chicken. Nice sauce on the ribs with a little kick to it, same sauce used on the pulled pork. Great dry rub on the chicken which was also used on the smoked chicken wings. A very creative white BBQ sauce for the wings. It was a thinner blue cheese type sauce with good tang to it. Good cole slaw too, not a lot of mayonnaise in it. Small place so get your reservation in, they have an outdoor patio for the warm weather months but we were inside. It got busy in a hurry after 8 pm on a Sunday of grand prix weekend. A nice relaxed vibe in the place, music not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is the high lighthmehrVIPDined on 6/9/2013I think everything is delicious including the cocktails! Portions are big :) and people are nice! All in all a great Sunday afternoon spot!Special Features:
- I just love this place, theNathalieDined on 6/2/2013I just love this place, the food is always good, the stafff is friendly, just like eating at an old friend's place, easy to park. A delight.Special Features:
- The house BBQ sauce aloneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012The house BBQ sauce alone is worth the price of admission. The smokey tomato soup is a natural opener to their delectable pork ribs. The pulled pork poutine is epic and a must try for any poutine lover. Come hungry for some friendly, un-pretentious down home BBQ goodness.Special Features:
- oh good stuff. had the chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2012oh good stuff. had the chicken and ribs combo and it did not disappoint. a healthy portion. love this stuff, must also try the pulled pork and the 5 napkin burger.Special Features:
- Great comfort food, nothingTuanVIPDined on 7/6/2012Great comfort food, nothing fancy, great Cocktail list, smiling staff, can't ask for more.Special Features:
- Awesome spot for chicken sandwichesAndrewDined on 7/6/2012Awesome spot for chicken sandwiches and pulled pork extravaganzas!Special Features:
- La bouffe est cochonne (dansOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012La bouffe est cochonne (dans le bon sens)!!! Le service est rapide et convivial. Gardez-vous de la place pour la tarte au verre :P Merci pour une belle soiree!Special Features:
- Good southern BBQ in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2012We are looking for a BBQ place in Montreal so we tried le Boucan. We enjoyed the experience and would definitely return. Service was very personable and friendly - although was a little slow due to a large group being persent. Tried the BBQ sample share plate (Pit Boss Platter) - definitely more than enough for two people. We would consider the BBQ very good. We will definitely return for a casual night out.Special Features:
- I ordered the ribs, but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2012I ordered the ribs, but they were not fall off the bone, but they were still tasty. I also got tired of the tasted of sweet corn. I would go back if I were in the neighbourhood.
- Sure beatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Food is GREAT, staff very friendly and good price. I have been coming for almost a year now and looking forward to my next visit already.Special Features:
- This was my first time diningHeatherVIPDined on 3/28/2012This was my first time dining Le Boucan, our waiter was excellently helpful with our selection and even offered great advice in choosing a cocktail!The food was good, I would definetly go back!Special Features:
- I have been at Le Boucan atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2012I have been at Le Boucan at least 10 times in the last year and each time is just as great as the previous. Everyone I introduce to Le Boucan thank me and goes back for sure. P.S. I recommend the Pit Boss anytime but make sure you have someone to share it with!Special Features:
- A great smokehouse, with greatstrayrebelDined on 2/22/2012A great smokehouse, with great meats and sauces and sides. The vibe is authentic, and the service friendly and accomdating. I've been for lunch and dinner, and left fully satisfied, and feeling like i got good value, both times.Special Features:
- Good Food for a Younger CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011This is a great spot for the university crowd or that older person who loves to eat ribs/burgers. The food was well cooked, ribs, chicken, burgers with good flavours. The service was typically Quebec great. We took our son (22) and niece (19) and they loved it, as did my husband, (62)...I prefer healthier fare in a quieter atmosphere - the incredibly loud hard core RAP was really too much for dining. Also, we reserved on Open Table, but when we arrived noone was aware of our reservation, so the only table available was the 'staff' table, which was literally right under the service window -- so the heat and loud clanking of plates was annoying to me (who has 25 years experience in restaurants).Special Features:
- YourTable is Only Open if We Say SoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2011Honestly we would not know how the food was since our reservation was never honoured by the establishment. We book our seats through open table at about 7:00 pm, as the establishment was showing "OPEN TABLES" . Upon arrival we were made to wait about 10 minutes , with plenty of seating open before our eyes. The first woman that came to meet us even suggested we have a drink at the bar. Then a gentlemen behind the bar , spent about 5 minutes "checking" our reservation online. His response was "sorry" but we forgot to close off the open table site. It got to busy and normally we just use it to fill empty reservation slots." Really ? you got the basic idea, Now learn to execute or at least learn from your mistakes
- I love eating here. Best BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2011I love eating here. Best BBQ in the city. Was glad to have brought some friends who had never been.Special Features:
- When I reserve two weeks inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2011When I reserve two weeks in advance, I expect to get a place at a table, especially when some are still available, and not at the bar. The manager did not explain why, but they clearly where overbooked that night. The food is good, but not great, and the service is nothing exceptional. This was our first time there, and we were not impressed.
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011This is the second time I've eaten here(outside) and both times i've enjoyed the food and ambiance. This time I brought my 2 friends from Ontario and they loved it. I especially like the relaxed atmosphere (don't feel i have to get in and get out ) . Our food was very good(pulled pork & chicken ) . Coffee however , was the only negative . Was not hot at all (lukewarm ) . Desserts were tasty . Overall, a great lunch and I will be back (so will my friends)Special Features:
- Small quaint place. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011Small quaint place. Great food. Good atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxed night out. Very nice staff. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Very nice terrasse in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/1/2011Very nice terrasse in the back (the only positive point)
- A great little place. Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2010A great little place. Food, service and ambience are great!Special Features:
- J'ai bien aimé mon expérienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2010J'ai bien aimé mon expérience au Boucan, c'est vraiment un beau resto de quartier avec beaucoup d'ambiance. Les portions sont bonnes et les frites excellentes. Seul bémol, je n'ai pas aimé la sauce BBQ des côtes levées beaucoup trop épicée pour moi. Spécialités côtes levées, poulet et guedille émincé au porc, poutine ! Quel Bonheur !Special Features:
- Le Boucan is a neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2010Le Boucan is a neighbourhood restaurant in Griffintown, a new spot for trendy hip restaurants. Featured on HGTV's the Opener, it is friendly, hip and lively. The food is a trendy rendering of BBQ comfort food, ribs, chicken and pulled pork and is quite tasty. Definitely recommend if you are looking for a casual lively evening (in a small space). In summer, the terrasse is great.Special Features:
- Awesome smoked meats, reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2010Awesome smoked meats, really great food, feel good Americana. My new go to spot. Umprententious great BBQ.Special Features: