121 W Foothill Blvd
Upland, CA 91786Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.le-bistro-upland.com/
- Phone: 9096080204x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner (Summer only): Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Franck Lamonica
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Le Bistro
Le Bistro opened in December of 2011 by Franck (executive chef) and Laura Lamonica (dining room coordinator). Le Bistro offers a menu with salads, pasta, crepes, pizzas, and a wide array of specials that change weekly such as rack of lamb, flat iron steaks, filets mignon, duck a lorange and fresh fish such as sand dabs brought in fresh several times a week. Also on the menu is french onion soup, escargots, sweet corn bisque,lobster bisque, truffle salted french fries and fried calamari strips and dip. The grand Marnier soufflé for the dessert is the house specialty. All of our dishes are prepared a la minute and are all homemade, from start to your table. We invite you to come dine with us and savor a little taste of the south of France. From all of us at Le Bistro bon appetit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)romantic (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- PiloncilloDined on 9/27/2014All was nice, how ever the reason for going was that the ad for the place showed a picture of onion soup with a crust on top that we have not been able to find ever sense we use it to have it at Jimmys in BH so they served it like everyone else no crust just the bread and cheese on top oh well all else was good.
- When You Need to be PamperedMusingMaryDined on 9/12/2014A friend and I needed a quiet place to talk and a bit of pampering -- and couldn't have made a better choice than Le Bistro. The food and service made us feel that we were the only people in the world. I'm not a vegetable eater but I wanted to ask for a second helping as my dessert. Actually, the meal portions were perfect and we were able to order dessert which was a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Fare1014Dined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for the delicious taste of French cuisine, Le Bistro is a must. When I traveled to France in the year 2000, I was surprised by the freshness and simplicity of the food that was served in restaurants. A savory steak served only with green beans on the side. A fresh succulent fish with some potatoes. This is what I enjoyed about Le Bistro-simplicity, freshness, and delectable flavors. If you are in the mood for mac n cheese, loaded potatoes, etc. then you should hesitate coming to Le Bistro. If you want to savor the delicious fresh ingredients, prepared perfectly and carefully by this talented chef, this is the place for you. The wine list is excellent, by the way.
- Interesting experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014Saw an ad for Le Bistro and looked at their web site. Reservations were recommended, so I made one. Walked in at 6:30 on a Wednesday to a completely empty restaurant. Food was good, but browsing the menu, I would not call it a French restaurant. Another couple walked in just as we were walking out, otherwise we had the place to ourselves the entire time...
- BillSVIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent dinner as usual. This time I reveled in the summer special of vichyssoise and the Truffle fries.Special Features:
- NicegjcoburnDined on 7/25/2014I had the short rib and it was great. We plan on a eating at Le Bistro once a month or so.Special Features:
- FredDined on 7/19/2014Excellent French restaurant...small and intimate ......food is outstanding......because of the size of the restaurant, reservations are a mustSpecial Features:
- FredDined on 6/28/2014One of the finest small French restaurants I have dined in for many years. This is the genuine French cuisine. Highly recommend for those who demand the best.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Le Bistro reviews archive.
- DELICIOUS !!!!!nygalluvs2dineDined on 6/14/2014I HAVE BEEN HERE MANY TIMES AND THE FOOD IS SIMPLY FAB.....THE SOUFFLE IS THE BEST !!!!!!!Special Features:
- Best French restaurantRichDined on 6/14/2014Every time I go there I don't feel like responding about my experience to Open Table. If the restaurant wasn't outstanding we obviously wouldn't bother returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Like Finding Gold !KabyEnSchelle90Dined on 6/13/2014What a treasure here in the Upland area. We had tried before to get a table and this time we used the Open Table reservations online so we were happy to get into this very special place. Having been to France a few times, wondering if sauces and the gourmet flavors there could ever be found in this country, it was a wonderful surprise to find they actually do exist at Le Bistro. We had the Coquilles St. Jacques and it was a delight down to every last bite. They have wines most other restaurants don't supply. The souffle with gran marnier was amazing, so full of rich flavor. The chef came to our table to make sure everything tasted just right. Chef Franck is gracious and so professional. We're counting the days until we can go again.Special Features:
- Real Genuine French FoodTinaDined on 6/12/2014I have lived 11 years in France -- finally at Le Bistro I can get REAL French food, not Americanized, or overly fancy -- wonderful, tasteful, light, balanced, textured, beautifully presented. The chef makes all the desserts as well. And the quiche was especially genuine, light, flaky, creamy, high quality ingredients -- not the heavy Americanized version, with poor quality ham, so many make. A lovely night or lunch out!Special Features:
- Early Father's Day DinnerdcMikeDined on 6/11/2014Scallone Steak, Short Ribs, and Pasta for the 3 of us. Started with calamari and escargot. All of it was excellent. Everyone was happy with their selections. Capped it off with the soufflee. My only issue continues to be with the $15 corkage. Sure makes Two Buck Chuck an expensive choice of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryDined on 6/9/2014Have been there for lunch and dinner and have always had good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!GormandoGatoDined on 6/4/2014A real French bistro right here in Upland! We heard about it on PBS, and had to give it a try. The food was phenomenal! The service was very friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. We made a reservation, and were seated promptly when we arrived. The prices were very reasonable for the high quality cuisine. We nearly went back the next night to try some other items. We will definitely be regulars there, and can't wait to return! What a great place for a nice lunch or dinner anytime, but also for a special occasion. I read some of the yelp reviews, and frankly I don't care whether the chef smiles or not, as long as he continues to create such culinary masterpieces. The waitress smiles enough for both!Special Features:
- New Menu Items & Wine ListBillSVIPDined on 5/31/2014At the end of a hectic few days, we stopped by Le Bistro for some GOOD food and relaxation. We were not disappointed. A notable addition to the menu is an appetizer of Truffled French Fries. They are wonderful with just the right amount of truffle flavoring to peak your taste buds. Also the wine list has now been upgraded to include some very nice French whites and French reds. I'd recommend the La Roche Chablis (French) as a great value and wonderful taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary celebrationNtinoVIPDined on 5/24/2014I took my wife to Le Bistro for our anniversary celebration. I had seen a review for the restaurant and wanted to try it out and it did not disappoint. Even though it is a 40-mile drive from our home, we would return for dinner there. We thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Fabulous French!FussyFoodieDined on 5/22/2014Yes it's saucy. And decadent.... and just very very French! LOVED it. All from scratch and I think out of all the wonderful things we tried the crepe Suzette was my absolute favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French at it's bestArtemisVIPDined on 5/9/2014We love this little Bistro and the food is the best. Great portion size, the soups are fantastic, and dessert is the best souffle ever tasted. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindChanceVIPDined on 5/9/2014This was our first trip to Le Bistro. It is tucked away in a small shopping center on the North side of Foothill Blvd in Upland. Once inside your in for a treat. The service was excellent. I tried the Steaks Diane and my wife the Sand Dabs. Both were delicious. We couldn't resist sharing some creme brulee and an expresso for desert. It was outstanding. A party near us had a souffle and they said they come here often and love the souffles. We will definately repeat. a good value for the price.Special Features:
- Great FinddcMikeDined on 5/7/2014We had duck leg, sand dabs, and scallops/abalone. All were excellent!! We took our own bottle of chardonnay and payed the $15 corkage (seemed a bit expensive). The local mailer had a 15% discount coupon so the corkage was a trade off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu and additionsBillSVIPDined on 5/3/2014Another visit to one of our favorite restaurants. The menus are being revised, shortened and improved. None of our favorites have disappeared, but there are some NOTABLE new additions, especially to the dessert menu. Most spectacular is the "Souffle Glace", a fantastic cold (ice-cream-like") take on a baked soufflé. Hard to describe, but absolutely FANTASTIC!. Be sure to split it between at least two people. A second addition on many dishes is the replacement of the potato croquette with a wonderful small serving of polenta. That's become a great favorite of mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/Excellent ServicePaulDined on 5/2/2014Le Bistro is a wonderful restaurant. Great food, wonderful service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014This is almost like being in France. The owners are very nice, the food is perfect. Wish we could afford to go more often, it's definitely a real treat.Special Features:
- Outstanding CuisineTravelinNanDined on 4/22/2014This intimate restaurant located in a strip mall is a real gem. We've eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. Wonderful lunch menu, too!Special Features:
- Excellent French RestaurantFrenchloversDined on 4/19/2014I found this restaurant from the neighborhood magazine. My husband and I are French cuisine fans. We know it's rather difficult to find a good French restaurants. It was really a hit!!! Their food is excellent. How they cook is just right. Sauce is not too thick, salty or sweet. We had to ask for more bread to clean up the dishes:):) The timing of the service is also excellent. We never waited too long, but waited enough to have wine and conversation before the entree. The choices are not large, but simple and just good number of selections. How they present the meal in the dish is beautiful, too. They still have casual atmosphere, but not so casual in price that you may want to go there for occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLetsEatVIPDined on 4/11/2014We were disappointed with the food because we normally love French food. The food, and especially the sauces, were very bland. It was interesting that the real menu listed only about a third of the items shown on the open table menu, plus they were out of some items on their menu. We found ourselves doing something we don't normally do at a good restaurant, salting the food trying to enhance the flavor. We regretted paying $90 for mediocre quality.
- New Menu AdditionsBillSVIPDined on 4/4/2014Franck and Laura (the owners) have now returned from their trip to France and brought back some new additions to their menus. Two new desserts: a blueberry tarte and especially a Souffle Glace which in frozen form mimics their very popular Grande Marnier Souffle. The Souffle Glace especially is a GREAT dish, but be aware: it really needs to be shared between two (or maybe even more) people. IT IS WONDERFUL. As always, Le Bistro is a superb dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner in a strip mallGenevieveDined on 4/2/2014A classic bistro with a not-large menu and preparations that say "Paris." The first indication was the excellent bread. We liked the mains w tried: coquille St. Jacques and the flat iron steak. The steak was perfectly cooked (WOW on the sauce) and served with excellent frites and a very fresh side salad. I'm trying sand dabs next time. Desserts (a peche melba and a souffle glasse) were a calorie splurge well worth it -- house-made, rich, flavorful, not too sweet. Not many wine choices but we were happy with the French red we ordered. Service was relaxed, attentive and friendly. The room is lovely, with an open kitchen in the back. Ladies room was clean but utilitarian -- tres Parisienne! Dinner, wine, dessert for 3 came to $115.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchEmilyDined on 4/1/2014I went to the Le Bistro to celebrate two girlfriends' birthdays. We had a wonderful time, the food and service were excellent, the desserts were even better. Everything is made to perfection by Chef Franck. One of my girlfriends can't wait to come back for dinner with her husband. The other friend has been to the restaurant many times and truly enjoys all the French cuisine. We'll all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good PricesDinkiDined on 3/29/2014The calamari and Flat Steak are family favorites. The duck is excellent so is the different soups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style french menuHuckDined on 3/28/2014The menu brought me back about 30 years - old school American French restaurant fare. it was somewhat expensive for the quality but the meal was pleasant and the restaurant is quiet. We were seated close to the open kitchen. They have a pizza oven so it got kind of hot where we were sitting. So you might want to sit further away from the source of the heat.
- OutstandingRichDined on 3/28/2014We go there every chance we get Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our party of 6 had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2014Our party of 6 had a wonderful meal with great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality MAINTAINED!BillSVIPDined on 2/26/2014Consistently the best food (of a variety of kinds) that can be envisioned. This restaurant is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to be one of your regular haunts. My wife and I, and frequently friends, are regular diners at Le Bistro. Because of that we try just about everything on the menu. Tonight was no exception because we put together some unusual combinations, like multiple appetizers instead of a main course. I highly recommend your being creative in selecting among a la carte offerings to suit your exact mood and desire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden French gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2014This place is tucked away in a Vons shopping center in Upland. Inland Empire aesthetic aside, the place itself inside is quaint, quiet, and good for couples or small groups. We were there for dinner, so they have a different daily menu of specials as well as their standard fare. The lunch menu looked great, too. I had the Prix Fixe, which was $25 for soup or salad, main dish, and dessert. Quite reasonable for the quality of food served. The staff were friendly and attentive. All in all, a surprising find out in the IE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food!HungryDined on 2/13/2014We tried 10 different items, all perfect & all outstanding & delicious except the pizza (only buy pizza at Italian restaurants). We 100% recommend this restaurant to everyone of all ages, just stay away from the pizza (cardboard).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnerGeneDined on 2/11/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 34th anniversary and wanted to try something new. Since we both like French cuisine and had heard about Le Bistro we decided to give it a try. The food was excellent as was the service. We both recommend the desert souffle. We would return to Le Bistro just for that and a cup of coffee. Small place, quiet. Although not busy the night we were there, I understand reservations are a good idea on Friday and Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open kitchencaryDined on 2/8/2014This is a open kitchen restaurant. The front of this restaurant is dinning room, the back is kitchen, there is no wall or blockade in between, I can see every move by the cook., it is interesting experience for me. The lady is a very friendly person with great smile and has real great service. I have lamb chop is tender and tasty. The price is reasonable, I will recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of ParisArtemisVIPDined on 2/7/2014It is so nice to go to Le Bistro, the service is great, the food wonderful and the atmosphere is relaxing, nothing urgent or upsetting. The soups are quite possibly the best we have had, and the food is always beautiful as well as great tasting. We love to go with family or on date night. We will be back there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.