Le Bistro (Incline Village)
120 Country Club Drive Ste 29
Incline Village, NV 89451Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Bistro (Incline Village)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lebistrorestaurant.net/
- Phone: (775) 831-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Doignon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Le Bistro (Incline Village)
Internationally renowned Chef Jean-Pierre Doignon invites you to experience contemporary French cooking at its bestContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Bistro (Incline Village) - Best Restaurants in Incline Village ›
Le Bistro (Incline Village) reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (32)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (21)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- La Piece de la Resistance!VicksterDined on 11/14/2014We are so fortunate to have this gem of a restaurant here in North TAhoe! Jean Pierre has been cooking for over 25 years and puts his heart and soul into each dish. I recommend the five course dinner over the course of the evening. Small portions offer fabulous tastes of incredible French food. Don't hesitate to have dinner here when in Tahoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the presentation was also top-notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous diningpatsVIPDined on 10/28/2014We have been to le bistro four times over the years. Every time the food is fabulous both in flavor and presentation. The service is gracious and the servers very knowledgable in accomodating my husbands lactose intolerance. Couldn't check the boxes as fit for foodies, romantic and special occasion. Worth the drive to Incline if you are stayng in the Tahoe basin. PatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant for the dollar!ScottVIPDined on 10/25/2014The lamb and the potatoes always great. Great fixed prixe menu and great choices and a lot of gems you don't see on often on a menu and each bite provokes your senses.Special Features:
- Limited choices in Incline VillageHoustonfoodiefamilyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Interesting selection 5 course prix-fixe. Enjoyed pumpkin potato soup, tuna napoleon with waffle potatoes, lobster/crab appetizer, salad&lamb. Halibut was ok; "le grand dessert" was fair. What wasn't enjoyable&tarnished the experience was a very patronizing male waiter. When we'd ask a question about the menu, he'd answer with a question. When we asked about the squab quenelle course, his response was along the lines of "Well, have you ever eaten a quenelle before? Do you know what one is?" It continued. He conveniently became friendlier around the time that he presented the check. The woman server was more hospitable. While dining options around Incline Village (other than Hyatt across the street) are limited, make another choice.
- Culinary genius at great valueluv2dine2Dined on 10/18/2014Le Bistro remains our favorite restaurant at Tahoe for special occasions. Whether an intimate celebration for two or a large party for a special event, Jean-Pierre, Sylvia and their staff will treat you to a grand experience. This is excellent French cuisine at an unbelievable bargain. You can order a la carte but you'd do best to choose five courses from the varied prix-fix menu for only $55. Match your meal with four wine pairings chosen by this talented chef for only $45. Service by David, Jodi, and Justin will be professional yet friendly. Relax, indulge and enjoy your evening at this very special place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014It was our first time here but not our last. What a fantastic experience!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Jody was our server, she did a great job, the food was a FIVE and we loved the booth!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Délicieux !!NishaDined on 9/24/2014we spend the summer in Incline, and dining at "Le Bistro" is always a treat. We enjoy the food immensely, the variety of the menu, service is always superb. Thank you Chef Doignon, David and Lisle for another great dining experience. A la prochaine !!Special Features:
- Love this placetravelstoeatDined on 9/24/2014We have eaten at le Bistro on every one of our annual stays in Incline Village. The food is wonderful; the seasonal, fixed-price menu changes every day, so there is always some new item to try. The service staff is attentive, and able to intuit whether you want to be chatted up or not. The wine list is well-balanced as to origin and price, and the staff is knowledgeable about it. There are fresh flowers on the tables, but the formality of the setting is softened by the fact that the menu holdérs have the chef's children's drawings on them. The first time we made reservations there I did ask myself "why would we go to Tahoe and eat at a place without a view?" The answer is that it's worth it. This is a must for foodies visiting Tahoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner experience!HungryDinerDined on 9/18/2014We went for a special college graduation dinner treat and had a WONDERFUL meal! We enjoyed the five course prix fixe menu and had the most delicious meal we've had in a long time. We went on a Thursday night in September and were surprised to find a full house - glad we had made reservations. Highly recommended - can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- 5 StarBoiseDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food and service. This was our first time, and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great, intimate dining experienceCBWRDined on 8/21/2014Le Bistro is a fine alternative to big hotel dining and busy, noisy local restaurants on north shore of Tahoe. It's a fixed-price menu with ample choices that delivers very good value for the price in a small, intimate dining room. Venison entree was a favorite. Tuna in appetizer was overwhelmed by accompaniments. Otherwise the eight different items in the five-course meal were tasty. Service was appropriately slow-paced. We came to dine, not to chow down. Many diners appeared to be regulars, in town Thursday at the beginning of a long weekend. Make a reservation, especially if you prefer to eat after 7 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!travelingTexanDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I were vacationing in Incline Village, and decided to try Le Bistro, based on the reviews and ranking. We were expecting a good dinner and experience, but our meal surpassed all our expectations. This may have been one of the best meals we've had in years, and the overall experience was outstanding! The prix fixe dinner was a great way to sample the chef's full range of talent. It is hard to believe that such a treasure is tucked away in the back of an unassuming retail center in Incline Village, NV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodTonyDined on 8/19/2014They are consistently excellent. The food is prepared exquisitely, and the service is excellent, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent prix fix dinner. All 5 courses were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!EvieDined on 8/15/2014Le Bistro's cuisine is right up there with the finest restaurants in New York and Paris. Each course was beautifully presented and delicious. Very good wine list - and reasonably priced selection. Excellent servers. A hidden gem in Incline Village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerWifesAFoodieDined on 8/9/2014wonderful meal, small tasting portions, many plates equals a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BeautifulVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Felt veey catered to. Five course selection very good. It was our anniversary and they wrote a special "Happy Anniversary " in chocolate on our dessert plate! Really sweet touch! Would definitely recommend visiting on any trip back to Tahoe!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful expereincerecommendVIPDined on 8/8/2014Le Bistro never ceases to please. Wonderful food, great service, French charm. Recommended it highly!Special Features:
- RosiepRosiepDined on 8/7/2014Lovely little spot for a special occasion, great food and friendly atmosphere. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/2/2014Great meal. Great service. Great atmosphere. The menu selections are numerous and outstanding. The wine selection is very good and our waiter was very helpful in our selection and very careful to ensure that we were aware of the prices of the wines recommended. A wonderful experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tahoe TreateattreatsDined on 8/2/2014Love the atmosphere, small and friendly. Food presentation was photo worthy. Soup was delicious, salad fresh and tasty. I had the lamb - very tasty but a little chewy and my friend had halibut which was great. Delightful sampler desert. Service very good but did feel a little rushed, overall a lovely experience and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findsonomanVIPDined on 7/31/2014Superb food, and beautiful presentation, by chef Jean Pierre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Gem!!!FoodFanVIPDined on 7/30/2014Fantastic experience in every way! It was so terrific we went back the next night. What a gold mine.....Special Features:
- FantasticburgDined on 7/30/2014This restaurant never fails to amaze.. The chef is fantastic and a wonderful gentleman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food and service!cheese4everDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant provided a wonderful dining experience. Excellent service, great 5 course meal, wonderful atmosphere ... We go there every time we visit Tahoe (an annual pilgrimage) and wouldn't miss it for the world. Kudos to David for the excellent treatment we received! The only reason we didn't give the food an outstanding rating was because the sauces for the venison and tenderloin were very good, but not as fantastic as we had expected. We're a tough crowd, though. Fantastic place.Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the Le Bistro (Incline Village) reviews archive.
- Over RatedPhotofiendVIPDined on 7/22/2014We finally decided to try Le Bistro after seeing so many highly rated reviews. The best way to describe our meal is that it was pleasant. The meal was $55 for five courses and was worth the money. Aside from a really bad plate of appetizers, all dishes were OK, neither very good nor very bad. On the plus side, everything was cooked and finished as requested. The restaurant is attractive and quiet and the wait staff competent. Le Bistro is certainly not the best restaurant in the North Tahoe area and does not deserve the accolades it has gotten. For serious dining I would avoid it. If you want ordinary food in comfortable surroundings at a fair price, then this could be your place.
- Best Meal in Incline VillageRobertandDeniseDined on 7/19/2014We have going here for every summer for 17 years and always had a great meal with great friendly service. Jean Pierre and his family run a great restaurant with great French food at a good valueSpecial Features:
- Needs updatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant has been open for 23 years, and it feels like the menu hasn't been updated in 23 years. It is decent French food with no flair of innovation or inspiration.
- Best in Incline VillageWineAddictionVIPDined on 7/16/2014In fact, Le Bistro is the best food to be found around Lake Tahoe. It's an exceptional bargain at $55 for 5 courses (!), with a large and varied French-oriented menu. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable service, and a smart wine list. If you can find the place, you'll have a wonderful time and an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Great food and ValueRobertandDeniseDined on 7/12/2014Been going there for 17 years on my visits to Lake Tahoe and never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great and GoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014We were enticed into the 5 course Prix Fix menu (although you can do a la carte ordering) - a lot of food! The appetizer, soup and salads were outstanding in taste and presentation. The main entrée was cooked well, but was overpowered by the sauces and accompaniments - a little strong for our tastes. Deserts were wonderful.Special Features:
- The Best on the LakeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Jean Pierre, Silvia, David and Jody are there to make your evening dining experience exceptional and it is just that. Come hungry.Special Features:
- Continues to be ExcellentJandDLDined on 6/21/2014It is always a treat to dine at Le Bistro, Incline Village! It is consistently amazing in flavor and presentation. The staff is friendly and helpful!! A lovely, relaxing evening!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnercarolscritsDined on 6/21/2014I celebrated my birthday with some friends at Le Bistro. Everything, from the complementary appetizers to the "Grand Dessert" was delicious. We chose to order a la carte, because, even though the prix fixe dinner was reasonable, it would have been too much food for us. Younger, hungrier people could make it through easily, though. I had the escargot salad and beef tournedos. Fabulous! Our table tried almost everything from the menu, and loved every morsel. We had wine by the glass, and every selection was a "perfect pairing"! The food was amazing, but we did find the room a bit crowded and noisy. They were probably loving their dinners as much as we did, and that small matter won't prevent us from returning for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/13/2014only complaint is that it's a fixed price, 5 course menu. I'd much prefer an ala carte menu where i can pick my own appetizer, enree, and that's it. 5 courses is just too much food, in my opinion. Otherwise we thought it was good, food and service both good to very good.Special Features:
- DogsmomDined on 6/4/2014Very charming, great food and wine - top notch all aroundSpecial Features:
- One of our best meals ever!eileengDined on 5/30/2014After a grueling 7 hour drive to Lake Tahoe we called Le Bistro to let them know we would be a bit late. No problem they said. We were welcomed warmly and given a small plate of delicious appetizers while looking at the menu. Every course of the 5 course "Prix Fix" menu was beautifully presented and amazingly good with incredible depth of flavor. It was truly one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was excellent and we were not rushed even though we were the last people in the restaurant. We asked to see Chef Jean-Pierre so we could thank him for such a wonderful meal and he graciously came to our table. As foodies (I'm a chef) and food snobs, we highly recommend this little jewel for a romantic, incredible meal.Special Features:
- Impecciable Food and ServiceNWYummerDined on 5/29/2014French dining at its best. The five-course dinner had several choices per course and everything was delicious. Enjoyed the soups, salad, appetizers the most since this the mot inventive (loved the mackerel!) but the steak and veal was excellent too. The wine list was as excellent as Wine Spectator promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.