Le Bistro D’à Côté
1590 1st Ave.
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Bistro D’à Côté
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lebistrodacote.com/
- Phone: (212) 772-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday 4:00PM - 11:00PM
Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00PM -12:00AM
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:00AM-4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Herve Knecht
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to all events. Each catering is customized to meet special needs of our clients. Please contact us at 212.772.9200 for further info.
- Entertainment: Thursdays: Live Jazz with The Broc Hempel Trio 7:30PM-10:30PM Sunday Brunch: Live Jazz with The Broc Hempel Trio 12-3
- Special Events: Three Course Prix Fixe Menu (Sunday thru Thursday) Soup or Salad + Your Choice Of Entree + Dessert For the price of the entree you choose. All You Can Eat Mussels!!! (Wednesday) Includes a glass of wine or a draft beer, french fries or salad. $24.50 Prix Fixe Brunch Menu (Saturday and Sunday) Choice of One Brunch Item, Coffee or Tea and Choice of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, Bloody Mary or Mimosa $17.95 (All special menus are cash only please)
A word from Le Bistro D’à Côté
Le Bistro D’à Côté, is a neighborhood French Bistro located on Manhattan's Upper East Side/Yorkville. Recently opened and fast becoming a favorite hang out for the locals. The atmosphere is cozy, warm and casual. Whether you are coming in for a drink and a bite to eat, a romantic dinner or a large group, there is something for everyone here. There is a room for parties, as well as a separate bar from the dining area. Chef Herve Knecht has created a menu with classic bistro fare like Escargots, Charcuterie, Mussels, Coq au Vin and Foie Gras to mention a few. Prices are moderate and special menus offer a deal on certain nights. THE BROC HEMPEL TRIO's Live Jazz adds to the ambiance of LBDC on Thursdays from 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM on Sundays Brunch from 12 noon to 3 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Bistro D’à Côté reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (27)romantic (14)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good but can use more consistencytatianaVIPDined on 11/18/2014I've eaten here on multiple occasions, so this is just about last dinner. Tuna tartar is very very good. The seaweed and a dash of sesame oil is a very nice touch. We also had a steak and grilled salmon dish. And they were good, but i have had better versions of each at this place before. The steak arrived barely warm and the cold butter on top didn't help the situation. And even after i asked to warm it up, it still arrived barely warm. Other than a few of these consistency issues, this is a pretty solid spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, uneven servicenouveauyorkerDined on 11/14/2014We love the food here, especially the foiegras and the salmon & ratatouille . The short wine list is very well chosen. However the service is variable: when the experienced (French) waiters are serving, it can be excellent. Some times though, it appears that the rest of the staff is confused or distracted, it took my wife almost half an hour to get ice cubes for her coke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!pmarraVIPDined on 11/8/2014If you live in the UES you should try! The dishes are delicious and the place is very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Not so greatCp328VIPDined on 11/8/2014Service was not good at all, when we arrived the hostess waited to greet us and then asked other diners that came in after us for their names instead of seating is first. When we sat down she handed us menus but that was all, we later saw her giving other guests water when they sat down. We waited about 15 minutes to get water and when that finally came we only had one glass. Ordering was very slow, we were there for a 2 hour dinner which should have taken 1.5 hours max. The food was average, I would not go back or recommmend this restaurant mostly due to the horrible service.Special Features:
- Great night all roundDoBeDined on 11/4/2014The food was really delicious and the ambiance relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotSherylVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very happy to find this place right in the neighborhood. Plenty of menu options with 'typical' French bistro fare. Coq a vin was rich and tasty; my husband enjoyed his burger. Weds night is all-you-can-eat-mussels night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- all u can eat MusselswendalaVIPDined on 10/15/2014We went ion a Wednesday night .. They have every Wednesday all u can eat mussels for 24.99 come with pomme frits and a glass of wine.. It was delish!!!Special Features:
- Great French food. Paris in NY!Diningdiva8Dined on 10/14/2014We had a wonderful meal. Started with the French onion soup and then had some wonderful duck breast with Ginger sauce. The wine that they suggested was perfect. We just had a great time can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnifiqueCariB26VIPDined on 10/10/2014I just moved into the neighborhood and tried this place for the first time on Friday. Fantastic food - excellent escargot, foie gras, duck breast - it was amazing. the staff is very friendly and helpful. Great wine list and an interesting selection of cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood spotSusanLouiseDined on 10/4/2014Food was delicious, service was welcoming and great. We had a great time and will return soon. The prix fixe was an excellent deal.Special Features:
- KimballVIPDined on 10/1/2014The food was prepared beautifully: so much flavor!! Our waiter was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- OK, nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Everything is okay here. It is not special, nor is it bad. Just okay. If you need a place to go for a decent (not cheap not terribly expensive) meal, with unobtrusive service (euphemism for scarce service) and moderate sound levels so that you can talk and be heard, this is fine. Not for the foodies, not for the special occasions (although the ambiance is pretty nice).Special Features:
- Great French Bistro in the hoodEileenDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I have been going to Bistro D'a cote for years. The food is consistently delicious. We always feel weclomed by the owner and his staff. So happy to have a place that's so enjoyable to go to close by!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect bistro fareUrbnVIPDined on 9/11/2014I loved, loved, loved the onion soup. And the coq au vin was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Fine bistronouveauyorkerDined on 9/6/2014Excellent bistro fare -- had the tuna tartare , foie gras, salmon and risotto this time, and a wine flight, all greatSpecial Features:
- welcoming and deliciousdisappointedVIPDined on 8/31/2014A delightful shelter on a rainy day....Food was well prepared and plated, service [despite a novice waitress] was attentive and pleasant...an overall venue to revisit.
- Add to favoriteslivetoeatVIPDined on 8/29/2014This little gem is one of my favorite local restaurants. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood findluvgdfoodDined on 8/22/2014Friendly, enjoyable, neighborhood bistro. Waters and owners are friendly and welcoming. Service is excellent and you never feel rushed. Food is excellent - never had a bad meal there. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMY453VIPDined on 8/21/2014WE ORDERED 2 ENTRECOTE THEY ONLY HAD 1 RAN OUT @ 6 PM DINNER BAD INVENTORY BY THE MANAGEMENT I ALWAYS LIKED THIS PLACE BUT NOW I DO NOT KNOW
- great french bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014I went for dinner with my husband not expecting really much and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and good food and service. I will definitely go back and recommend this place.Special Features:
- Very FrenchnouveauyorkerDined on 8/17/2014The salade nicoise and the ratatouille were outstanding, short but thoughtful wine selection, excellent salmon and foie gras. Simple food, perfectly prepared, it really is the ideal "bistro next door."Special Features:
- Too badfoodmamaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food here used to be good - reasonable price that included drink, entree, and coffee. The special menu has been narrowed to a 'hangover special', and given the attention and service that we received, it seemed that the manager and staff suffer from hangovers too. We were one of only 2 tables early Saturday afternoon. The meal was botched. It was input wrong by manager, who wasn't fully engaged, & required re-cooking. The staff couldn't find the manager to hear our concerns (he was down the block). Now that items are individually priced, brunch was expensive. Bistro D'a Cote needs to wake up its service and menu - there are now many more options in the neighborhood that we will be trying from now on.
- Love love their salmon!tatianaVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is my go-to French place in the neighborhood but they still impress me sometimes. I got their salmon entree last time and it was absolutely divine. My partner swears by the coq-au-vin. I like the down-to-earth atmosphere and decent wine. And French waiters and owners always add to the authenticity of this place. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- The following 285 reviews are from the Le Bistro D’à Côté reviews archive.
- TellieEllieTellieEllieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Dined for the first time for French restaurant week. Delicious hanger steak and frites or dourade with artichokes zucchini tomatoes. Also included a glass of house wine. Red or white( a delicious Sauvignon blanc). All for 17.89!!!! Will definitely return to enjoy their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, not so good servicecheflitoDined on 7/2/2014went to the restaurant for its all-you-can-eat mussels. the mussels were good and sweet but the service was kinda bad. there were very few of us in the restaurant (raining bad) and yet service was slow. I had to repeat my order of wine a couple of times, and even then they did not get it right and at the end of the meal, my waiter again has to ask, "what kind of wine did you get?". and the last bowl of mussels took forever to arrive. How long does it take to steam mussels?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014Wide range of food choices...you could order from the brunch or regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic bistro with twistsJessVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very enjoyable experience. Atmosphere is comfortable and romantic, food is outstanding. Service is attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- A little bit of FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014You would think that you are in a neighborhood bistro in France. Mussels were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty successful eveningNYCJDined on 5/16/2014We were spending the evening with old friends visiting from overseas - had hoped to go to Tavern on the Green but two of our party were not very mobile and the forecast that evening was dismal so I looked on OpenTable for something closer to where they were staying, happily came across this place. Service was a bit patchy but the food was excellent, noise level not too intrusive especially after an adjacent table with a young child left, unannounced 20% tip because of the size of our party took me a little by surprise.Special Features:
- tres bienreenDined on 5/13/2014Food excellent for a reasonable price.Wine price a bit high for the selectionSpecial Features:
- A local spothmm2Dined on 5/12/2014This is def a local spot with an older crowd. We went for Loire Wine Week and had to ask for the special menu, but the food was very good and the wine it was paired with was also delicious. The staff was a little slow once some regulars with larger orders came in, but in general friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, and nice atmosphere. FooLarryDined on 3/17/2014Good food, and nice atmosphere. Food could be served hotter.
- Wonderful food and servicelg300Dined on 3/8/2014My fiance and I have been to Le Bistro D’à Côté several times. The food is always delicious, especially our meal last night. We shared a goat cheese salad appetizer, and we both had the hangar steak, which was wonderful. We shared a tarte tatin for dessert, and the manager added flaming Calvados to it, which was a special treat. In addition to the food being great, we had a nice wine and great after-dinner drinks, especially the Creme Yvette, which wasn't on the menu, but which the manager recommended to us. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of FranceilsacaroVIPDined on 3/1/2014I'm French and I always like to discover new French restaurants, and that's a real one. My daughters and I took the small portion of mussels which were perfectly fresh and tasty. Add a side of fries as it's not included with the small portion. The size were perfect to keep some room for a little dessert. My husband took a housemade coq au vin served with fresh pasta which was generous and delicious. The croque monsieur of my son was hearty and savory. We all started with a plate of foie gras to share. You can taste it's a real homemade, flavourful foie gras. The dessert were ok. My tarte tatin was not the best ever but the crepes au nutella and bananas were quickly eat up by all the gourmands. Good french experience, a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Bistror d'à CôtéFrenhsk8VIPDined on 2/23/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We were looking for brunch with friends at a restaurant which would be equa-distant for us. We were not disappointed. We all had the hangover brunch which was outstanding. The quantity and quality did not disappoint. The owner was a delight. His staff was attentive but not intrusive. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in TownArlingtonVIPDined on 2/22/2014Delicious Hangover Brunch, with or without a hangover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodKBiznessVIPDined on 2/17/2014the food was VERY good and it was good value. would definitely return.Special Features:
- Friday night turmoilcubanoDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, but the service could have been better. It took close to 1 hour before we were served our meal. Customers who came in after us already were eating their entrees before we ate our appetizer. They said there was a mix up in the computer and our order came in later. They did give us a complimentary glass of wine, which was appreciated.Special Features:
- Charming and AuthenticStringsriderVIPDined on 2/8/2014A sweet little place for a traditional bistro dinner. Welcoming staff, very good food and relaxing atmosphere. Feels as much like a bistro on rue de Buci in Paris, but for the view of First Avenue out the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, warm serviceAnjJDined on 2/3/2014I am continually amazed at how good the food is here. I've had brunch, lunch and dinner, everything from burgers to tuna tartare. The service in recent months has been excellent. In the old days there was a crusty waiter but I believe he's gone. On this latest visit for dinner, it seemed that it is somewhat pricier than it used to be, but they still have burgers and mussels as a more reasonable alternative. Our waitress was lovely and the ambience is very nice. They have a really nice bar area and some day I'd like to have appetizers and drinks there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.