Le Bistro Chez Michel
224 West Esplanade
North Vancouver, BC V7M 3H8Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
Le Bistro Chez Michel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chezmichelvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6049244913
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner - Monday to Sunday 4pm - close; Brunch on Sunday - 11.00am - 2pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: GILLES DEROFF
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will cater outside our premises from 10 to 1000 guests. We can supply the team to create and personalize your event including decorations, menu design, coordinating all rentals, pick up and drop offs, and anything else you might think you need to be done. All types of themes and ethnic foods can be accommodated. A complete cooking and serving staff team is included . We have been serving the North shore for over 25 years and we believe we can make your event as unique as the ones we have created until now! For your next event, call for a free consultation with Philippe Segur .
- Private Party Facilities: LE BISTRO CHEZ MICHEL at Waterfront Park overlooking the harbour is one of the ideal location in North Vancouver for weddings, fundraisers, birthday parties, and Christmas parties. We offer a large selection of steaks and local seafood. A private room that seats 32 guests is available, and the main dinning room will accommodate from 32 to 150 guests sitting down, and up to 225 standing. We have customized menus, full bar service, buffets, and sit down dinners or lunches. Breakfast group bookings are available with some restrictions. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Philippe Segur 6049244913
- Special Events: January; Robby burns dinner and "dine out vancouver" promotion february : dine and dance for Valentines day We now feature a selection of Belgian beers. Summer time is Rose wines festival
- Cross Street: Semisch Ave.
- Public Transit: The North Vancouver seabus station is located 1 block South East next to the major bus depot serving the all Northshore.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is free private parking available at the back of the building. Public parking is located in the next block east of the restaurant under the "MARKET PLACE " store.
A word from Le Bistro Chez Michel
Elegant casual French neighborhood bistro ideally located at Waterfront Park, Lower Lonsdale area in North Vancouver. Ideal for conventions, tour groups, associations, weddings, fundraisers and Birthday/Christmas parties up to 175 ppl. We have private rooms and 140 feet patio with beautiful Vancouver Harbour views. There is quick access via downtown Vancouver Seabus. LE BISTRO is a perfect gateway from the Vancouver downtown crowds and a place to relax and rejuvenate over an earthy meal and a local glass of wine. The food at LE BISTRO is carefully prepared by executive chef Gilles Deroff, originally from the Brittany area of France . His spicy bouillabaisse, paella, coq au vin, duck confit only to name a few are great attractions to LE BISTRO.Steamed Mussels with fries and Steak frites are Le bistro signature dishes.Much of the rest of his menu is more based on the local west coast British Columbia products: spotted prawns, Dungeness crab, Fraser valley vegetables and poultry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Bistro Chez Michel reviews from OpenTable diners
- We've enjoyed this amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2012We've enjoyed this amazing restaurant many times for many years. So sad to see it close it's doors in North Van. We wish Philipe and Michel Segur all the best in their personal and professional lives as they pull together and focus their skills and passions for the art of eating on the West Vancouver Chez Michel. See you soon in the new/old location. Thank you for exquisite culinary treats! AndaSpecial Features:
- We are sorry that this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012We are sorry that this restaurant is closing, but will enjoy the West Van locationSpecial Features:
- Me and alll of my sfive myOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2012Me and alll of my sfive my guest felt that this is one of the best meals we ever had. One of my guest is planning to have a group of people on the movie industry have have meal together and she is charge of arraging this and said that she will use Chex Michel. I am sorry to hear that Cex Michel will be closing. I have been living very near and have seen several restaurants come an go at this location and this is a bad luck locatioon as it can not been seen easily by people driving past as hs not known by sight.Special Features:
- As we were at the first sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011As we were at the first sitting and it was New Years Eve I feel that my negative items may seem unfairToo many people with not enough staff caused our main course to arrive about 45 minuites after we had finished our first course.one of our party had scallops.... they were over cooked and the whole dish was cold.The above will not stop us from coming again.
- We all had steak and frites.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011We all had steak and frites. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Good selection of wines. Desserts were okay, nothing spectactular. Overall we enjoyed our evening very much.Special Features:
- Have been going to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2011Have been going to this restaurant for several years and it is one of my favourite lunch restaurants in the Lower Lonsdale area.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2011Excellent food! Nice surprise that they had were offering venison and deer. We had the venison and it was exceptional. Service could do with some improvement, e.g. the waiter did not know if the mushroom soup was available, nor did he know how the fish of the day was prepared - he had to go and ask twice!This would be a great place in the summer when the patio is open.Special Features:
- A great surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2011The Escargot was a great start to my baked Scallops Au Gratin paired with a glass of Chilean wine. I finished off with a piece of their delectable Cheesecake. I was surprised with the great view and ambiance. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- All meals ordered were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2011All meals ordered were excellent. Cannot find a fault with this restaurant. Service was excellent. A room is available for group dining which leaves the rest of the restaurant an intimate, cozy dining area. Have been many times and each experience is better than the last!Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2011The food was excellent! The view is gorgeous, especially the sunset. I had the braised short ribs which were fall off the bone tender and very flavorful. The owner was kind enough to instruct me on how to braise when I said I did not know how to braise! We also really appreciated not having music or tv's blaring and could actually have a conversation. I would recommend Le Bistro to anyone wanting a good meal and being able to enjoy/hear the company they are with.Special Features:
- Never lets us down, this isLeylandVIPDined on 10/2/2011Never lets us down, this is a real go-to. Delicious food, good service, nice ambience. Quality in the form of consistency.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011We went for our 18th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The food was great and the owner and hostess were very friendly. Our server was not very friendly, but wasn't rude either. The atmosphere was romantic. Overall, we had a very nice evening! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Gracious, excellent French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011This is a great restaurant. The location is lovely with relaxed outdoor dining. We sat on the deck overlooking a park, a glimpse of the water, and a skyline view of downtown Vancouver that turned from daylight to night lights during our meal. The service was superb. Our waiter was appropriately attentive but never intrusive. He timed our meal in conjunction with our wishes so we had time to enjoy each course and each other's company. He was helpful with the drinks menu and the food menu and made good recommendations when asked. The owner came by our table twice and we enjoyed meeting him and discussing some local food topics. The mussels in a light curry sauce were a hit as was the steak tartare. The bouillabaise was also a hit.Special Features:
- Beautiful view of VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011Beautiful view of Vancouver harbour from the patio, excellent food, excellent service, and having been there many times, always ready to go back.Special Features:
- Nice view...on a busy streetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011Nice view...on a busy street so sitting outside noisy. Food was very good and enjoyable. Table had wilted flowers which were removed with a puzzled look from the server only when requested. Server forgot part of order and acted like it was not ordered. Brisk service...manager stood beside table during dinner speaking loudly to clients at ajoining table making dinner conversation impossible and ambiance not enjoyable. Cannot comment on inside ambiance as we sat on patio. Server piled plates to remove after dinner and could use refresher course on how to serve and clear properly.Special Features:
- As always, had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2011As always, had a wonderful dinner at our favourite neighbourhood restaurant. Great food, great value, lovely location!Special Features:
- A forgotten Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011It was my first time back at Chez Michel in approximately 15 years. I had forgotten how lovely the restaurant is and the service was personalized and excellent. The food was excellent, well priced and beautifully served. I would highly recommend Chez Michel to my friends and colleagues.Special Features:
- Excellent experience in dining.ProfessorDaveDined on 8/10/2011Excellent experience in dining. Knowledgable and experienced wait staff attended us with just the right touch. Food was beautifully presented. The taste was very good. Didn't knock our socks off. But after all the wine we didn't care anymore.Special Features:
- Ok but not as expectedQNNYCDined on 7/31/2011Waiter lacked class. Came back from the kitchen with a big stain on his shirt as if secretely tasting the food In the back kitchen turned vicious Food was very good though .Special Features:
- We have been going to Le BistroDaveVIPDined on 7/27/2011We have been going to Le Bistro Chez Michel since the restaurant opened. The food and service is consistently good.Special Features:
- Disappointed. Thought theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2011Disappointed. Thought the food of this 'award-winning' restaurant would be great. Didn't bring us to a quiet section as requested. There's a section with only 1 table occupied by 3 diners - we'd have wanted that section.
- My husband and I love thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2011My husband and I love this restaurant sometimes we take our young son and the staff is very accommodating and he always finds something he likes to eat. Serenity in the City ...really enjoyable.Special Features:
- We enjoyed ourselves immensely.CurtyDined on 7/20/2011We enjoyed ourselves immensely. The food and service were great. Nice view from our table.Special Features:
- The complete dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2011The complete dining experience was good. The restaurant was ready for us when we arrived a bit early. Host and hostesses were friendly, weather cooperated and we all had an enjoyable evening. Lingered over coffee.Special Features:
- Great place for a social eventOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2011Le Bistro was accommodating for my wife's birthday and 10 friends. Food was excellent, as was the service. We will likely return for a dinner for two.Special Features:
- You can definitely tell itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011You can definitely tell it is a neighborhood seniors restaurant. The food was extremely salty, service was friendly but disconnected. We were made to feel like we should not have come to the restaurant. (interrupting their conversation time and very unwelcome). Menu very bland. Make sure you like salty fries as they are served with almost everything. Make sure you look for a discount coupon, as the discounts were mentioned more than once after we sat down and restrictions on discounts took almost a minute for the server to get through them. Not a good experience.Special Features:
- Le Bistro Chez Michel Magnifique!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2011Our party of 4 enjoyed our dinner out at Le Bistro Chez Michel. The food was excellent and presentation superb. Any time that I have been there the service is great and staff are friendly. Portions are generous and prices reasonable for a fine restaurant. There is a nice patio and lots of seating without being crowded. We didn't have the 3 course special dinner but its a very good price and have no doubt that its fabulous. We all had different appetizers and entrees and all agreed the food was fabulous. The presentation is so artistic! Would highly recommend this restaurant for a casual lunch, romantic dinner or group party.Special Features:
- Went because it was a GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2011Went because it was a Groupon so not sure we would have chosen this restaurant without the discount because it was out of our normal price range. The food was delicious but would only go back for a special occasion. Definitely more of a date place...not for going to hang out with friends. We requested to sit outside because the night was beautiful when we first got there, but it turned breezy and it was chilly for the rest of the meal and there were no heat lamps.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011It was great I really enjoyed the food. A bit spicy for me but it was still amazingSpecial Features:
- Tell all your friendsArleneJ44Dined on 4/28/2011Le Bistro accomodated me and 12 members of my family - in town for a memorial. The food was excellent (try the mussels in chorizo), the wine list ok and the service was fast. They also made up bills for each family group which was thoughtful. The prices are really reasonable and on a nice evening, you can see the water and Vancouver's amazing skyline. Excellent place and I really enjoy going there for dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good and good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2011Food was good and good value for price but found the service not great. Had to physically get up and ask the server for attention twice.Special Features:
- Lovely location,inconsistent foodsweeteatsDined on 4/20/2011Lovely location across from Waterfront Park,with large windows to take advantage of the view. Staff very friendly and accomodating.Unfortunately the food was subpar.Stroganoff was bland and my friend's salad was somewhat borng with just balsamic vinegar splashed over the greens,while the cranberries were rock hard and uneatable.Luckily I had eaten there once before,and had their Paella which was delicious.Therefore may give them another chance.Would recommend them but with a warning.Special Features:
- Been there many times andLeylandVIPDined on 4/14/2011Been there many times and keep going back, good value for money, and a really nice place to goSpecial Features:
- give the place a shot! really greatTheShoppersDined on 4/3/2011Food was really good... we just went as it was open earlier than most places... We are coming back for sure.. i pleasant surpriseSpecial Features:
- Great EveningArleneJ44Dined on 3/4/2011Had a wonderful evening with a friend I had not seen in a while. We were given loads of time to talk - no rush. The service was unobtrusive and just "there". Food excellent - I had the mussels with tomatoe and chorizo - divine. We paid the bill and talked for another 1/2 hour or more - wonderful place. Thank you.Special Features:
- Service was great. There wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2011Service was great. There was a mistake on my order, but that was rectified immediately. Quiet lunch time crowd on weekdays. The meal was as expected for good French fare.Special Features:
- Objective review.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011Good food, good view, good ambiance for romantic dinner. Pricey drinks, considering the martini's actually tasted pretty bad. Request the corner tables near the door, as they have the best view of the downtown core at night. Walk across the street to the park for added romance, as it's by the river and has a fantastic view of the downtown lights.Special Features:
- Weekend BreakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2011The food was excellent. Disappointed in service. It took a while to be served.Special Features:
- My wife and I came for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011My wife and I came for the 'Dine out Vancouver' promotion.Neither of us enjoyed the Mimosa salad. I found some greens at the bottom of the bowl that looked like they had been recycled!We were expecting something a little above the norm for promotional reasons we thought that the main courses were average.
- Le Bistro is 'lOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2011I love the white table cloths, the comfortable chairs and the terrific waterfront view but, after all, I return here for the food. We tried the Dine Out Vancouver table d'hote menu. Both the beef bourguignon and the sole were excellent and the sole was presented exquisitely. Appetizers, salade mimosa and foie gras, were very good and plentiful as were the desserts. Service was solicitous and prompt without being intrusive.Special Features: