Le Bilboquet - Dallas
4514 Travis Street
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Bilboquet - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4697302937x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Le Bilboquet - Dallas
Le Bilboquet, the well loved Parisian bistro from Manhattan's Upper East Side, has opened its sister location in Dallas. At Bilboquet, it’s all about delicious and authentic French food executed with skill and expertise in a beautiful and fun setting. Our goal, from the food, ambiance and style is to make everyone feel welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Le Bilboquet - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Le Bilboquet - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (59)romantic (51)great for outdoor dining (50)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (33)hot spot (31)notable wine list (25)good for groups (18)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic!jbekkaDined on 9/13/2014We went here for my birthday and it was so wonderful. We started out with fois gras with crositini that was excellent and the escargot in a lovely white wine sauce. I had the rack of lamb that was perfect and my husband had the red snapper with ratatouille that was amazing. We finished with the Ile flottante or floating island which is my husband's favorite and it was perfection! Stephan stopped by the table and was always checking with customers to make sure everything was up to par. At one point in the evening they opened the roof and let in the fresh air. Great experience and we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JKiddVIPDined on 9/12/2014As advertised, food and ambiance were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiepegDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent as always and I love the atmosphere. Service was a little slow and there seemed to be only one waiter. Waiter was good but believe he was "overloaded".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOldiesdineoutDined on 9/7/2014Our reservation was easily obtained thru Open Table. The staff was friendly, engaging with us to help us detemine our menu choices. All 4 of us had something different and all highly complemented the dish they had chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Everything about the evening was outstanding, from start to finish. Veal was one of the finest executions of the dish I have experienced. Service was outstanding. Our 29th wedding anniversary dinner could not have been better. This restaurant is one we will return to again and again. Bravo!Special Features:
- always excellentBusterVIPDined on 9/1/2014this is a regular favorite now; average twice a month. menu always has new and different specials but some of the old favorites are their chicken, red snapper and several types of beef. small wine list but very good. friendly staff; helpful.Special Features:
- Great, but loudDelightfulVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful food, nice decor, good service, too loud to talk at normal level. Have to yell, be quiet or leave (Friday evening, busy time).Special Features:
- nycnycDined on 8/27/2014wonderful restaurant! Service is great - cannot wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:
- Cajun ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Would never order chicken in a restaurant. The cajun chicken is absolutely the best chicken you've ever eaten. You feel like you're eating in a high end French bistro. More authentic than Toulouse, down the street.Special Features:
- many reviews; same resultsBusterVIPDined on 8/22/2014it is our neighborhood favorite; consistently fine food; several specials all the time. regular menu has some favorites: steak tartare, their ribeye, their chicken breast. small wine list but every one listed is nice.Special Features:
- Incredible EveningTerterDined on 8/20/2014Le Bilboquet is my favorite restaurant in Dallas. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere makes for a fun evening. The staff goes above and beyond to make your meal enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JoEatsDined on 8/16/2014I've been to lunch twice and dinner once. I found the food to be excellent and the Rosè by the glass was great! Their avocado/crabmeat appetizer can feed 4 people and is really outstanding! I had poached salmon for lunch and grilled salmon at dinner. Both were great, I liked the dinner salmon best. My husband wants to put this restaurant on our list (which is very short) so this says a lot! The entrees were plenty varied and the Frites were awesome! I love French food and it's hard to find in Dallas, but now we've found it! The service is very professional and friendly at the same time. The place has a small intimate feel even when it is packed on a Saturday night! I look forward to dinning on the patio in the fall when they open it.Special Features:
- Great crab saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Whatever else you do, try to crab salad. We (2) shared one, and each was actually appetizer size. I'd go back just for that. Entrees were OK, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Recognition for AllHonestlyDined on 8/15/2014LeBilboquet's Food and Setting are great, service and hospitality, superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014One of my favorite restaurants in New York did not translate well in Dallas. Food was average at best ... a real disappointment.
- Boo66Dined on 8/11/2014Great location for area residents. Excellent food and good wine selection offered by a knowledgeable wait staff. Charming interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal scallopininicoleVIPDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites that my husband and I frequent. The food is reliably delicious and the veal scallopini is the best that I've had anywhere!!Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceBusterVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've eaten here an average of twice a month and have never had a bad experience. Service is always top notch; the menu items are very good with addition of several specials each visit. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Reminded us of our time in EuropeitFitzVIPDined on 8/3/2014Overall this is a very cute place. The food was good, but I think they were probably a touch understaffed with a big party, then more people coming in. We'll definitely be making it back, the setup and ambiance is absolutely fabulous.Special Features:
- Great Food, Pleasant SettingDelightfulVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were quite please on our first visit to Le Bilboquet. Food is interesting and quite good. Setting is light, airy and very pleasant. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArchestrateEchenikeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dallas best French eatery. Efficient and discrete service, great ingredients and fantastic results. Even the burger is as good as they come. Considering everything the prices are more than justified. Better than their Newyorker sister.Special Features:
- Delicious & Great AmbienceDallasFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Our meal was so delicious, and we absolutely loved the ambience! We sat on the patio and were lucky to catch a breezy evening, so they retracted the roof. Food was outstanding. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- LovelyFIFIVIPDined on 7/31/2014Dining there felt a little like taking a mini vacation with fantastic food.Special Features:
- Food is off the hookGuapomexVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food was just as great if not better than the NYC location.Special Features:
- My New Dallas FavoriteJanMVIPDined on 7/26/2014I found this restaurant thanks to Open Table and have now been 3 times. It is definitely my new favorite special restaurant. The service and attention to detail is amazing. They have Grey Goose La Poire, my favorite and the food is awesome!! I would prefer to go here than to The French Room as the food is equally wonderful but the atmosphere is quaint and the service is exceptional but relaxed. I cannot wait to go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable!DallasgalVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went here for lunch to celebrate a happy event, and it did not disappoint. The food was so delectable and lovely presentation. (The cool asparagus soup was just wonderful!) And the service was "just right"--attentive, but not too!Special Features:
- WonderfulAndreaDined on 7/24/2014I've eaten here about 6x now and every thing I have ordered has been superb. The service is top notch also.Special Features:
- VALLAWVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lovely environment and the menu is appealing; some highs, some lows food-wise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2014Cajun Chicken is simply the best chicken dish on a restaurant menu in the entire world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incroyable!Eatoften99Dined on 7/21/2014The quality of the food reminded us of New Orleans' standards. It was an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingPanaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service! Outstanding definitely a neighborhood gymSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale French BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent French bistro food done extremely well. The Cajun Chicken (yes, Cajun Chicken) is a must have item: flavorful, juicy, perfectly cooked. Well chosen, if small, wine selection. Very nice atmosphere and attentive service. It all adds up to a winner, which we will be returning to on a regular basis. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Not worth the effortHeadhunterVIPDined on 7/12/2014Best part was a shared desert of Tarte Tatin! Well executed; however, for the three of us that evening, the experience was less than mediocre. Beet salad was passable; compressed watermelon salad was not. Moules et frites was well below par with a sauce that was not worth dipping a crust of bread into. The scallop main dish was adequate; however, the branzino was tasteless and the veal scaloppini was done in an unidentifiable pink sauce. Coffee was barely tepid. Service was basic but unexceptional. Cannot imagine any long term survival for this place.
- 2nd VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014On my second visit to Le Bilboquet, I found the food, again to be excellent. Grilled romaine salad and a wonderful halibut with risotto, cherry tomatoes and greens on the side. Healthy and delicious. Was excited to order the Chateau Montelena chardonnay on then menu. One of my favorites. The staff is welcoming and knowledgeable. The waitress I had 6 weeks ago even remembered me from the first visit and came by the table to say hello. Will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodReadytoreturnDined on 7/5/2014The food was unbelievable! My filet was tender, flavorful and cooked to perfection. My husband had the lamb and loved it. A friend was disappointed with the Texas grass-fed ribeye not being as tender as she had hoped. Plus, the sauce on the filet is excellent! I had the bibb salad and it was yummy and my friend had the beat salad and she loved it. Dessert (flourless chocolate cake) was good but I expected WOW from a French restaurant. My only complaint was the slow service. Maybe our waitress thought we were busy talking and didn't want to interrupt but we sat there for a very long time before she took our order and the chairs aren't comfortable enough for leisurely dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 7/5/2014The service was good. It is a pleasant room. I had steak frite. The frites were good, The steak was the proper medium-rare; the sauce, however was inedible. It was full of partially cooked onions. I had a glass of pinot noir that tasted as though it came from a bottle that had been opened too long.
- great find in the neighborhoodBusterVIPDined on 7/3/2014I've always experienced excellent food and service. The tuna tartare, rack of lamb, snails, steak and pomme frites - plus wonderful martinis. Pleasant staff and a general atmosphere of grace and style. highly recommended. We dine here at least 3 times a month.Special Features:
- lied up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014We wanted classic French food and found it along with creative cooking in the same place. We ordered scallops with a cold orzo salad and lamb with vegetables, as main courses and escargot with lots of butter and garlic as appetizer. These were prepared perfectly!!! For dessert, we ordered tart tartan, which was good but the chef's version, not the classic, and chocolate mouse which was perfect. Our waiter was superb...not overbearing but there when needed. The owner, Stephan, came to our table and spoke with us, making our visit more personal. The ambiance was simple and casual but elegant, noise levels not too loud, and everything was done just right.Special Features:
- Love this placeNickieDined on 6/29/2014We've enjoyed their New York location and were thrilled when they came to Highland Park. Local chef us very good, Edward at the door is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French UpdatedFoodieThoughtsVIPDined on 6/15/2014Excellent evening. Food is the key drawing card here. We enjoyed the food we selected of which there was a great deal to choose from but the service could be better/more attentive and would make for better overall experience. We would go back. Hopefully the restaurant will work on their areas for improvement.Special Features: