Le Bilboquet - Dallas
4514 Travis Street
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Bilboquet - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4697302937x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Le Bilboquet - Dallas
Le Bilboquet, the well loved Parisian bistro from Manhattan's Upper East Side, has opened its sister location in Dallas. At Bilboquet, it’s all about delicious and authentic French food executed with skill and expertise in a beautiful and fun setting. Our goal, from the food, ambiance and style is to make everyone feel welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Le Bilboquet - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Le Bilboquet - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (66)great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (57)hot spot (38)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (28)good for groups (22)notable wine list (22)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014A wonderful, intimate restaurant with great service and food. We arrived at 6:30 and would have preferred patio seating (all tables were empty) but were told that those tables were taken. Nevertheless, the meal was delightful. Crab and avocado salad was excellent along with veal scallopini. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- I have several reviews here.BusterVIPDined on 10/17/2014and they are always the same; excellent service, food and ambiance. Plus, it is possible to have civilized conversations - it is not noisy. They recently updated their menu to new fall items and revised their wines-by-the-glass. excellent evening.
- Awesome Neighborhood Bistrosag1Dined on 10/14/2014Consistenly great food, with some American and French touches. People come back again and again for the Cajun Chicken, but there are several wonderful choices with some seasonal variation. It has a cozy feel with soft contemporary interior and great people watching for sophisticated arty types, business people, and hip upper crust of the neighborhood. Great wall of windows that open in beautiful weather, some outdoor seating and enclosed patio seating. Owner/manager and staff genuinely nice but professional,making you feel relaxed and taken care of. This is our go to place for a nice, relaxing respite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMimiDined on 10/12/2014One of the best restaurant in Dallas. Casual ambiance and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From NYC to DallasfoodiestuDined on 10/11/2014An institution in New York, Le Bilboquet has done a fabulous job with its restaurant in Dallas. A lot of staples on the menu, in addition to some great newer menu options. If you are looking for modern french bistro cuisine with good and vibrant ambience, Le Bilboquet should serve you well. The food is consistently well executed. I have had lobster risotto, crab and avocado salad, cajun chicken, and have yet to be disappointed. I like it for both lunch and dinner, and can be a romantic place for two. The service has also been great with friendly and accommodating staff, an improvement over NYC. Solid wine list as well.Special Features:
- discerningdinerDined on 10/11/2014Poor food prep ...was the chef off duty sat night ? Delicious risotto 3 weeks ago and a salty pitiful rendition of it sat night . My steak tartare was overly mixed with capers and rather mushy. Both dishes unsatisfactory for any true French bistro .Special Features:
- One of my regular 'go to' placesBusterVIPDined on 10/7/2014I've written multiple reviews of this restaurant; all excellent. This latest visit was a surprise as the chef has redesigned the menu; new appetizers and entrees. Plus a new set of wines by the glass. A great treat, as always. steak tartare, snails in butter/garlic, crab/avocado salad, a double pork chop, duck - some new and tasty items. always excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent addition to neighborhoodBettc4401VIPDined on 10/3/2014My first time to enjoy the patio. It was wonderful and added greatly to the experience. Delicious resh food well prepared and served attentively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Dallas FavoriteJanMVIPDined on 9/29/2014I have said this before, this is my new go to favorite and I continue to enjoy my visits to Bilbouquet! The service is attentive while down to earth. The food is delicious and after 5 visits this summer, I have tried almost everything. This time we shared the halibut and hanger steak....both scrumptious! I have taken 4 different guests and all have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The management is also very supportive of the community and I appreciate their recognition that any business in Dallas is a partnership with clientele and the community!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food and servicedaveVIPDined on 9/26/2014Long wait for drink orders. Multiple wait staff came off and on to our table and seemed disorganized. Filet was too salty to eat. Would never return.Special Features:
- Delightful patio experienceItsokDined on 9/26/2014Not only were the surroundings lovely to look at but were also comfortable. While tables were cozy. We never felt intruded upon by others. Food was exceptional (I had the chef's special halibut - perfectly prepared). The apple tartine dessert was somewhat pedestrian but acceptable. Overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch!llcockrillDined on 9/24/2014I had a great first time experience at Le Bilboquet. I had the spinach and goat cheese salad with balsamic. Wish I could have this once a week! I do want to go back to try the Cajun Chicken entre. Waiters were attentive and it was a perfect outdoor lunch spot for our small business meeting.Special Features:
- N I C ESarahP1Dined on 9/22/2014The food is great as is the ambiance as is the general vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Susanegs1SusanGS1Dined on 9/21/2014This restaurant was lovely, the food was excellent and we would definitely go again. It would have been a little more fun had there been more people in the restaurant, but we went on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodStYoDined on 9/19/2014In general, I would characterize my experience with this restaurant as good, but not great. The food was of good quality and was prepared well. That being said, they could probably have used one additional dessert option given the choices they had - my suggestion would be a chocolate soufflé. I was pleased overall but not wow-ed. Just down the road is another French restaurant (Belgian-French to be exact), and between the two I would probably pick the other one over Le Bilboquet. There is also a good tapas restaurant across the street, for Spanish food. I had a good bottle of wine there one time.Special Features:
- Fantastic!jbekkaDined on 9/13/2014We went here for my birthday and it was so wonderful. We started out with fois gras with crositini that was excellent and the escargot in a lovely white wine sauce. I had the rack of lamb that was perfect and my husband had the red snapper with ratatouille that was amazing. We finished with the Ile flottante or floating island which is my husband's favorite and it was perfection! Stephan stopped by the table and was always checking with customers to make sure everything was up to par. At one point in the evening they opened the roof and let in the fresh air. Great experience and we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JKiddVIPDined on 9/12/2014As advertised, food and ambiance were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiepegDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent as always and I love the atmosphere. Service was a little slow and there seemed to be only one waiter. Waiter was good but believe he was "overloaded".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOldiesdineoutDined on 9/7/2014Our reservation was easily obtained thru Open Table. The staff was friendly, engaging with us to help us detemine our menu choices. All 4 of us had something different and all highly complemented the dish they had chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Everything about the evening was outstanding, from start to finish. Veal was one of the finest executions of the dish I have experienced. Service was outstanding. Our 29th wedding anniversary dinner could not have been better. This restaurant is one we will return to again and again. Bravo!Special Features:
- always excellentBusterVIPDined on 9/1/2014this is a regular favorite now; average twice a month. menu always has new and different specials but some of the old favorites are their chicken, red snapper and several types of beef. small wine list but very good. friendly staff; helpful.Special Features:
- Great, but loudDelightfulVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful food, nice decor, good service, too loud to talk at normal level. Have to yell, be quiet or leave (Friday evening, busy time).Special Features:
- nycnycDined on 8/27/2014wonderful restaurant! Service is great - cannot wait to go back for dinner!Special Features:
- Cajun ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Would never order chicken in a restaurant. The cajun chicken is absolutely the best chicken you've ever eaten. You feel like you're eating in a high end French bistro. More authentic than Toulouse, down the street.Special Features:
- many reviews; same resultsBusterVIPDined on 8/22/2014it is our neighborhood favorite; consistently fine food; several specials all the time. regular menu has some favorites: steak tartare, their ribeye, their chicken breast. small wine list but every one listed is nice.Special Features:
- Incredible EveningTerterDined on 8/20/2014Le Bilboquet is my favorite restaurant in Dallas. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere makes for a fun evening. The staff goes above and beyond to make your meal enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JoEatsDined on 8/16/2014I've been to lunch twice and dinner once. I found the food to be excellent and the Rosè by the glass was great! Their avocado/crabmeat appetizer can feed 4 people and is really outstanding! I had poached salmon for lunch and grilled salmon at dinner. Both were great, I liked the dinner salmon best. My husband wants to put this restaurant on our list (which is very short) so this says a lot! The entrees were plenty varied and the Frites were awesome! I love French food and it's hard to find in Dallas, but now we've found it! The service is very professional and friendly at the same time. The place has a small intimate feel even when it is packed on a Saturday night! I look forward to dinning on the patio in the fall when they open it.Special Features:
- Great crab saladOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Whatever else you do, try to crab salad. We (2) shared one, and each was actually appetizer size. I'd go back just for that. Entrees were OK, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Recognition for AllHonestlyDined on 8/15/2014LeBilboquet's Food and Setting are great, service and hospitality, superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014One of my favorite restaurants in New York did not translate well in Dallas. Food was average at best ... a real disappointment.
- Boo66Dined on 8/11/2014Great location for area residents. Excellent food and good wine selection offered by a knowledgeable wait staff. Charming interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!nicoleVIPDined on 8/10/2014One of my favorites! Best patio and food in town. The food is so consistently well prepared and so delicious. I had the filet with peppercorn sauce and salmon carpaccio for my starter on my last visit. Sooooo good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal scallopininicoleVIPDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites that my husband and I frequent. The food is reliably delicious and the veal scallopini is the best that I've had anywhere!!Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceBusterVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've eaten here an average of twice a month and have never had a bad experience. Service is always top notch; the menu items are very good with addition of several specials each visit. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Reminded us of our time in EuropeitFitzVIPDined on 8/3/2014Overall this is a very cute place. The food was good, but I think they were probably a touch understaffed with a big party, then more people coming in. We'll definitely be making it back, the setup and ambiance is absolutely fabulous.Special Features:
- Great Food, Pleasant SettingDelightfulVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I were quite please on our first visit to Le Bilboquet. Food is interesting and quite good. Setting is light, airy and very pleasant. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArchestrateEchenikeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dallas best French eatery. Efficient and discrete service, great ingredients and fantastic results. Even the burger is as good as they come. Considering everything the prices are more than justified. Better than their Newyorker sister.Special Features:
- Delicious & Great AmbienceDallasFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Our meal was so delicious, and we absolutely loved the ambience! We sat on the patio and were lucky to catch a breezy evening, so they retracted the roof. Food was outstanding. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- LovelyFIFIVIPDined on 7/31/2014Dining there felt a little like taking a mini vacation with fantastic food.Special Features:
- Food is off the hookGuapomexVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food was just as great if not better than the NYC location.Special Features: