155 W. 51st St.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.le-bernardin.com/
- Phone: 2125541515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:15pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:15pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Eric Ripert
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Le Bernardin
Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service.Continued
*When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
*When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Bernardin - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Le Bernardin reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (258)fit for foodies (200)notable wine list (173)romantic (164)great for lunch (92)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014We chose the Le Bernardin tasting menu and it was phenomenal! Service was top notch. Just a night that will not be forgotten.Special Features:
- As Good as it GetsProntomacVIPDined on 8/28/2014Anything you ever heard about Le Bernardin remains true. We had an outstanding evening at the perfect table we had requested. The staff and kitchen made this memorable. Everything was great--I had the dover sole--truly magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014This was my fourth time to eat at LB and by far my least impressed visit. What struck me the most was the poor service which I don't think is acceptable for a $300+ per person meal. Past visits by the time you even thought about ordering a drink, it had already arrived. Good and drink service was off for this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Chef taster was fantastic. Beautiful, well made, delicious and romantic course. Every single course was amazing. Strongly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The food was incredible. The service was impeccable and friendly. The setting was lovely. Le Bernardin deserves its reputation as one of the best in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I went Le bernadin with my daughter last month and we have had a great time there. I really recommend ! It's deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The service, the food, the wine, everything at Le Bernardin was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The exception to the ruleTBlankleyDined on 8/25/2014Dining at Le Bernardin is the single exception to the rule that a restaurant focusing on seafood cannot be haute cuisine. The ambiance, the service, the food are all top level. It was our second visit and I hope that there will be a third when we visit New York again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great service - especially the person who distributed the bread. He took his time and explained the different varieties. Great presentations of the food. Definitely a return spot.Special Features:
- ExcellentemmaDined on 8/22/2014second time. Had the tasting menu. It was outstanding, of course.Special Features:
- Very SpecialfoodfanDined on 8/21/2014We ate here for our 30th anniversary. It was everything we expected and then some. The food, wine and service is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little to Add-SuperbbirdmanDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I have been to Lucas Carton, Pyramide, La Caravelle, Le Cirque, La Grenouille, Lutece, etc. Perhaps surprisingly, we are not affluent. We save and eat gruel in the meantime. And in all these joints, we have been treated AS IF we were rich. We now add Le Bernardine to this list. I think the reason we get the royal treatment is that we are knowledgeable. At Le Bernardine, we had printed out the menus in advance, and made notes on questions to ask. Perhaps the captain noted this. In any event, the service was efficient, unobtrusive, and responsive. The food? Ah, well. How many pieces of tuna have I ever had in my life? None, it appears, judging by the supernal little slice offered to start. Mr Ripert and his staff are geniuses.Special Features:
- Worth a visit definitely!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Every dish of the 7-course meal (lunch) was delicious and exquisitely prepared. Definitely worth the $$$ and looking forward to going back soon. Truly enjoyed the experience. And the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinning experiencelovegoodfood85Dined on 8/20/2014Le Bernardin was a very good dinning experience i was able to get a last minute reservation for 5:15, as soon as we arrived we were promptly seated. We opted for the chef's tasting with the wine paring..and we were not disappointed. The service, presentation, and the quality of the food, was exactly what we expected. the Langoustine was probably the best dish, but we enjoyed everything. PerSe and 11 Madison are still my favorite in NYC, but we had a very enjoyable dinner here, and would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestLYLPEDined on 8/20/2014The Seafood is extremely fresh and gently cook, and seasoning and sauces are exquisite. Food, service and wine selection consistently defines the high standards of luxury dining.Special Features:
- 2 DINERSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014WE HAD A VERY PLEASANT MOMENT IN YOUR RESTAURANT JUST A PROBLEM WITH OUR RESERVATION ON LINE (NOT REGISTERED BY YOUR WEB LINE) ALTHOUGH WE HAVE A CONFIRMATION FORM YOU REGARDSSpecial Features:
- Just IncrediblejlazaDined on 8/19/2014Delivered on all high expectations. Was everything we hoped and next time in NYC would have no hesitation to do it again. Service was outstanding and the food was even better.Special Features:
- Outstanding NightAMDinningDined on 8/19/2014There is nothing to fault this restaurant on, it was an outstanding night. It was our 30th wedding anniversary which they knew and the additional touches they did for us were very much appreciated. Obviously the check was not for the faint hearted but we did go all out and it was worth every penny. One point I did appreciate was the strict adhearance to their dress code, I thought it added to the ambience and you were there for a serious dinning experience. In today's world of diminishing standards this restaurant stands out as setting the bar.Special Features:
- Great as usualnuvystaDined on 8/19/2014We were there at lunch, service was great, food as usual is amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Perfect tasting menu with wonderful pairing wine !!!!! One thing could be improved: the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as uslCalvadosDined on 8/18/2014We liked our choice for Chef's Tasting Menu. The actual one has a strong accent of 'fruits de mer'... a reallly fascinating panorama of tastes from king fish and claims to white tuna and monkfish. Great idea to suggest Kobe Beef with its unbelievable taste as a sole meat contrast to the above 'sea symphony'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Beautiful restaurant and outstanding service! The seafood and whole experience in general was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfdinerDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful experience. Food was outstanding, service was excellent. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but bellow expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The appetizers were great, but the second and third courses was bellow the expectations. In my oppinion it does not justify the cost.Special Features:
- As good as it getsMarkDined on 8/15/2014This iconic New York landmark continues to be a great experience. The food continues to be wonderful with beautiful presentation. The ambience is peaceful, though it is a very busy room. And the the service is impeccable. It still provides a wonderful experience, not matched in many other places in town. It lends itself for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wisconsin RubesWindom1822Dined on 8/15/2014We were a little intimidated, not being used to the fine dining experience, we didn't want to embarass ourselves or seem as if we didn't belong. We were welcomed and made to feel comfortable, the seafood was everything we could have wanted, the service was interested in making our dream meal wonderful. The best seafood dishes of our lives.Special Features:
- The Top of The CropOopsDined on 8/15/2014Le Bernardin has been for years and still is the best restaurant in the USA. The lunch formula is a steal. Highly Reccommended and do not miss the wine. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Bernadin Never DisappointsMizroseDined on 8/14/2014We travel to New York about four times a year and each time we treat ourselves to lunch at Le Bernadin. We have eaten in many places, in many countries but Le Bernadin has been a favorite since it's early days and a must do each time we are there. Lunch at Le Bernadin is the best value and best food in town and we feel fortunate to be able to make it our special time.Special Features:
- Simply SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014What a delight despite our wine selection being unavailable
- GREAT LUNCH TASTY FISHESOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014WE HAD A GREAT LUNCH AT LE BERNARDIN RATED 3 STARS, IT WORTH IT. FROM THE ENTREES TO THE DESSERT ALL WAS TASTY AND GOOD. GOOD FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE. AND FOR THIS SPECIAL OCCASION (BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION) A VERY TASTY CAKE WTIH A CANDLE ON TOP. I HAVE THERE LONG TIME AGO BEFORE LE BERNARDIN GOT THE 3 STARS, IT WAS ALREADY A NICE PLACE TO HAVE DINNER, NOW IT'S ENHANCED BY THIS DISTINCTION IT'S BETTER ! THE MONKFISH IS REALLY TASTY !Special Features:
- Still the bestwriskitDined on 8/14/2014From the moment we entered, the staff made us feel like treasured guests. This was our third visit equally spaced over 30 years and our first lunch (being unable to get a dinner reservation at our desired dining times). The extensive menu was very similar to the dinner menu. All the food was delicious. Seafood is king here. We chose appetizers (hamachi and charred calamari) and entrees (black bass and dover sole) accordingly. Service was attentive but unobtrusive, and the beautiful setting calm and relaxing. A complimentary salmon-based dish and a fabulous assortment of rolls and bread accompanied our drinks and a glass of sauvignon blanc. Desserts and expressos put the final touch to another memorable dining experience at Le Bernardin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful client lunch experienceReservationsrockVIPDined on 8/13/2014My client and her attorney were delighted with Le Bernardin as the venue it celebrate their birthdays. The lunch experience was fabulous for beginning to end. We can't wait until next year to return to celebrate. & hope to be there beforehand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-matinee lunch!eatemup23Dined on 8/13/2014The dining experience at Le Bernardin can only be described as a masterful exposition of modern French cuisine and class. With its contemporary decor, yet warm environment, the restaurant itself serves as a testament to chic, upscale urban dining. As everyone in my party opted for the $78 Prix Fixe (with a few extras), I cannot comment on the other tasting menus. Each course blended seamlessly into the next in a comforting and intriguing composition that can only be described as a great meal. All servers were top-notch (as to be expected from a restaurant with three Michelin Stars) and pleasant. The management staff were very accommodating to our time constraints. I would highly recommend Le Bernardin to anyone in the area.Special Features:
- ExcellentRoslynDined on 8/12/2014Everything about the restaurant is classy. The food is superb and the service was impeccable. We were a party of six and had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My tastebuds are still dancingbluehouseDined on 8/11/2014We came for lunch to celebrate my 60th birthday. Eric Ripert is my favorite chef, so I'd always wanted to eat at Le Bernardin. It was more wonderful than I could have imagined. I never knew food could taste so amazingly fresh and delicious! The service was superb, not intrusive, very helpful staff regarding menu and wine. I couldn't cook dinner that night because I wanted lunch to be the last thing I tasted that day. I can't wait for another special occasion in NYC so that I can return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, especially for fish loversEvanVIPDined on 8/8/2014The king fisch with cavier is a must have, everything they make is perfect. Only thing that could have made it more perfect is chocolate ice cream for desert, had their version of a smores and it was fabulous. The staff is always wonderful and we will be dining there again.Special Features:
- Amazing experience for group lunchInternationalfoodieDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant accommodated our New Orleans group with ease for the lunch pre-fix, even when one ended up not eating. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious as well as aesthetically pleasing. Also the perfect place to try some expertly crafted cocktails. I recommend the Brooklyn Bee. The scallops, halibut, and s'mores dessert were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, inspired diningchocoblancoVIPDined on 8/6/2014Le Bernardin feels very French but is at the same time modern and forward thinking. The wine pairings are pure perfection. We didn't expect korean fusion at a French seafood restaurant and it was fantastic. Small portions - you won't leave full but you'll feel oh so satisfied. The chef's tasting is highly recommended for the full experience. Make sure to add on their signature tuna/foie dish as well. Service was attentive and excellent although perhaps slightly stiffer than other 3 star Michelin restaurants we've visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Grand RestaurantIronStomachDined on 8/5/2014Despite the popularity of the Fooding Movement, there is nothing quite like a meal in a genuinely classic grand restaurant such as Le Bernardin! They truly have got EVERYTHING right in this restaurant: the ambience is sumptuous yet relaxing, the service is prompt yet unobtrusive, the food is superb; and that rarest of rare quality of being able to converse with your dining partner without having to shout. This last might have more to do with the clientele, still, you get what you are paying for. A food establishment to be treasured!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014best dining experience ever. outstanding service, great food. and everything else