155 W. 51st St.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.le-bernardin.com/
- Phone: (212) 554-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:15pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:15pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Eric Ripert
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Le Bernardin
Le Bernardin, Zagat's top pick for 2013, and awarded the Michelin Guide's coveted 3-stars as well as The New York Times' highest rating of 4-stars, has maintained its status of excellence for over 20 years and its international acclaim as one of the world's top seafood restaurants. Owner/Chef Eric Ripert continues to set unsurpassed standards with his piscatorial paradise and partner Maguy Le Coze's seamless and unparalleled service.Continued
*When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
*When making your reservation, please indicate in the Special Requests box if you will be attending THEATER so that we may accommodate you appropriately.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Bernardin - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Le Bernardin reviews from OpenTable diners
378 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (305)fit for foodies (250)notable wine list (203)romantic (196)great for lunch (105)hot spot (51)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (14)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Amazing!RiccokmDined on 11/13/2014We had a great time despite being a little worn out from the previous nights festivities :) the staff was very understanding and gave us exceptional service. Our server Ingrid was fabulous and we really enjoyed our dining experience with her. Food was also delicious and extremely flavorful. Really loved the old school vibe and classiness of the restaurant. Definitely a bucket list item! Thank you for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014It was delicious, unbelievable and quite an experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait, don't miss outjyjyDined on 11/12/2014The top of the food chain ! A must for a terrific food experience, service that pamper to your needs, and the ambiance that is not stuffy with the right touch of space and noise level. The tasting menu with wine pairing was the way to go and just let go and savor your dining experience with family and friends. Chef Ripert's restaurant is not to be missed, so make your reservations and be prepared for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNumbNumsDined on 11/11/2014Very pricey but worth it if you can afford it. You'll feel like royalty for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, Perfect!lovefoodinnycDined on 11/11/2014Exceptional food in an exceptional restaurant. So refined. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIchVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was amazing. I expected more from the service. It felt like we were keeping folks from going home. Our reservation was later, so maybe that was the issue. The courses came very close to each other with no time to sit and enjoy the meal. Felt very rushed.Special Features:
- Incredible LunchGaryDined on 11/6/2014The service is flawless, the food is prepared beautifully and tastes better! We celebrated a Birthday lunch that was perfect. The décor is beautiful as well! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceBobeatsgrubDined on 11/5/2014Recently attended for a special meal whilst on honeymoon. My wife and I love seafood and were not disappointed. From the pre dinner cocktail right through to the chocolates served with coffee the food and drinks were excellent and matched by the wonderfully attentive but never intrusive service. We expected a lot from our trip to Le Benardin and our expectations were exceeded. A highlight of a fantastic trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentadonattiDined on 11/5/2014Was an overall excellent experience: nice ambiance, excellent service (never had my glass of water or globlet empty, everybody was attentive, well versed on the food and what their ingredients were), excellent wine list and knowledgeable wine sommelier (they have 3) recommended a very nice Chenin Blanc, food (tuna and dover sole where full of flavor and masterfully cooked and presented). So, basically, I can't say anything was wrong (even the butter was served at the correct temperature), and I'm surely return next time I'm back in NYCSpecial Features:
- Everything they say it is and more!1trialgirlDined on 11/3/2014This was our first dining experience at Le Bernardin and the critics were correct -- highest quality ingredients, beautiful presentations, superb service, stunning ambiance. Yes, it was pricey, but well worth it. Highly recommend for anyone who want the perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the linemdiasDined on 11/3/2014Excellent in every aspect. Food, service, ambiance, absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!fergarza86Dined on 10/31/2014Everything was excellent. Food incredible, service amazing. Congratulations to Reynaldo, I believe it was his name who was our waiter. Great Service from his part. Great experience. When i go back to NY, definitively going to make reservation again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOLITA DUDINlolitaDined on 10/31/2014Thank you so much for the excellent food and service....i'll recommend LE BERNANDIN TO MY FRIENDS!!!!Special Features:
- Still the best!shoshannaVIPDined on 10/31/2014This year we went to Le Bernardin for my husband's birthday, but for lunch instead of dinner. The three course meal was, as expected, spectacular. They had Dover sole, which is my favorite fish, and skate, which is one of my husband's faves. With restrained elegance, the new décor, including a wonderful image of the ocean, puts you right in the mood to relax and be pampered by an excellent staff, which seems to include more women nowadays. Champagne and a great Meursault mellowed us even further. Of course it is expensive, but compared to Per Se, for example, which is much more expensive, it gives you great value for money. You go, M. Ripert and Mme. le Coze!Special Features:
- exciting placefoodiesearching4heavenDined on 10/30/2014The seafoods at Le Bernardin is truly exquisite. My appetizer was marinated almost-raw Bass with champagne sauce and it gave me goosebumps as it was so delicious. You can taste every ingredients and yet they all united perfectly. I've tried many different Michelin chefs including Joel Roboution, Daniel and R.Redzepi and this appetizer is among one of the most memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Disappointmentgeorgechk974Dined on 10/29/2014I would say everything is A++ or 90% and higher. We must go for the Chief tasting menu. This is great. Sometime you can find a good priced excellent bottle that is still at old prices. I still think it is a marvellous dinner and great experience and more surprises each time I go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It only gets betterNCRifDined on 10/29/2014I have been coming here off and on since the restaurant first opened. We were not disappointed. The food, well actually the entire experience, continues to be sublime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsFoodieMcFoodingtonDined on 10/29/2014First time at Le Bernardin. This has been on my bucket list for years. Watching all of Chef Ripert shows. Trying recipes on www.aveceric.com. I had very high expectations going in for lunch. The service, food, everything was amazing. To highlight one dish above all others would discredit the others. Everything was amazing. The Pavlova dessert with roasted pineapple and guava was the perfect end to a perfect lunch. Now, I just need to come back for dinner.Special Features:
- AnnieVIPDined on 10/29/2014Le Bernardin is a superb restaurant. Sadly, the price of the prix fixe lunch makes it impossible to eat there more than once in several years. It used to be more affordable. It is definitely worth saving up for a visit whenever possible.Special Features:
- An expensive luxury treat!UK4inNYCDined on 10/28/2014Fabulous evening from beginning to end. We were concerned that restaurants like this can be pretentious and very silent this was not the case. A lovely relaxed atmosphere with excellent staff who were attentive without being overbearing. Food was as beautifully presented as it tasted. The tuna and foie gras starter was incredible. My single let down was my main course which although it was still great, I felt that the tomato sauce slightly overpowered the snapper so I lost the delicacy of its flavour, not sufficient to leave any though! If we return to New York again then we would all love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestHugodoggieVIPDined on 10/28/2014I have not been here in a long time. Maybe because there are so many new restaurants to try and this is a special occasion type place. I love the way the menu is set up. You can choose from so many kinds of seafood and fish and there so many inventive combinations. This is probably the best restaurant in New York, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFernandoAugustoDined on 10/27/2014Excellent food. wonderful place and service. Comida excelente num belo e harmonioso ambiente.Special Features:
- excellent for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014food is fantastic and the service exceptional they make you feel special for that special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful lunchSteveDined on 10/27/2014A wonderful dining experience. Two years in a celebrating our wedding anniversary at LeBernadin and will continue the traditionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Words don't do Le Bernardin justiceChrisBrunerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Every aspect of this restaurant is exception and impeccable. The finest dining establishment I have ever been too. Words do not do Le Bernardin justice. This is experience everyone should have. My girlfriend and I got engaged at Le Bernardin. The food, ambiance and service were all unparalleled in quality. There was no better place for this special night. The best part, we now have an excuse to go to Le Bernardin for anniversaries and all special occasions!! We are recommending Le Bernardin to EVERYONE we know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2014This is a special restaurant serving food of the highest quality in a lush setting with a very high standard of service. Fish cooked to perfection and desserts that are light but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure bliss2diners9VIPDined on 10/23/2014This was a heavenly experience, exceptional in every way. The price fixed lunch is a good value next time we want dinner. Worth the expenseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FishermanBurgundyboyVIPDined on 10/20/2014The last dining experience we had in New York for us was at Bernardin. This is one of the best restaurants where we've ever dined. The best in NYC. Had the larger tasting menu with perfect wine pairings. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRogarduVIPDined on 10/18/2014Ee have the 7 course Menu and everything was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!BWayneDined on 10/18/2014I have been to Le Bernardin several times over the past few years. Each time is a wonderful experience with exceptional food, beautiful decor, superb service. Each time the dining experience is one that I look forward to sharing with family and friends and we cease to be amazed at how wonderful this restaurant is.Special Features:
- DalcotDined on 10/17/2014We were rushed from the get go. Having paid that much to be rushed through your dinner was an unpleasant experience. We will not be back nor recommend it to anyone no matter how great the food was.
- exquisite experiencethelittlestgiantDined on 10/17/2014Service, food, and ambience all excellent. hard to get a reservation but definitely worth a visit while in new York city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service can improveSLT2428Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and excellent wine during my lunch at the restaurant. However I was a little dissppointed with the service provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word - PERFECTIkiNYDined on 10/16/2014I cannot find any mistake, all was perfect, food extraordinary, wine list and somellier also perfect ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply sublimeTheCampbellsDined on 10/15/2014Had great expectations for Le Bernardin given its hefty reputation. It , nor the staff , nor the food did not disappoint. The dining room for the restaurant is without doubt something to behold. Eric Reipart confesses that the 'fish is the star' and he is absolutely correct. His presentation is also quite impressive :-) ! The final bill is not for the faint hearted , however it does represent value for money as it is an experience from start to finish the is flawless.Special Features:
- The bestGabyDined on 10/14/2014Best meal ever!!!! Unforgetable!!!!! Loved!!! Best restaurant in NYSpecial Features:
- nice place for dinner!!!daniDined on 10/14/2014The service was amazing, always with a smile , the attention was perfect, we take the 7 course chef menu... the food and the flavors really surprise me, , the dessert was nice but the waiter give a extra dessert, and was amazing the best dessert that I have... Was the perfect end !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingMaferGDZDined on 10/13/2014It is very hard to find a place that covers such high expectations. They tell to to except the best and they definitely deliver. The food was heavenly, the service was perfect. I have food allergies and wanted to have the chefs tasting menu, they where so acomodating and the food was so good I didn't feel any restriction or disappointed because of my allergies. Best restaurant I've ever been to.Special Features:
- Way over ratedOptoutDined on 10/10/2014Service was slow and this resturant is way over rated. Food was good but a great steak house would have suited better for the evening.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMrPapillonDined on 10/9/2014Everything was perfect, from the welcome and care in French until the final touch of the surprise Parfait Vanille for our anniversary. The Bernardin is everything its reputation says and more: fish is superbly cooked, service a pure perfection of kindness and atmosphere just what we can expect from such an exceptional place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.