Lazzara's Pizza Cafe
221 West 38th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Lazzara's Pizza Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lazzaraspizza.com/html/home.php
- Phone: (212) 944-7792
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catering to your Home or Business.
A word from Lazzara's Pizza Cafe
Located in the Fashion District between Time Square & Penn Station on the West side of Midtown Manhattan. Lazzara's Pizza Cafe has been making There Famous Thin Crust Pizza for over 30 Years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lazzara's Pizza Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Amazing thin crustMeghanDined on 10/18/2014Amazing thin crust pizza... Margarita pizza is my favorite...ordered pesto sauce on the side cause I'm a basil junky...BEST PESTO EVER!!! Pasta fagioli soup was amazing too...GO!! Ps they close early for NYC, just FYISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJHJHDined on 10/3/2014We loved the food. I had a small pizza and side of sausage. She had eggplant parmesan. Everything was great. I was starting to think that NYC pizza was something I'm just not crazy about, but Lazzara's turned me around. It's thin crust, but also delicate (rather than burnt to a crisp and rock hard like other places). There's a crunch, but was still great. Service was nice. Wasn't too busy. A nice oasis in ugly midtown.Special Features:
- Amazing pizza!CoquilleDined on 8/30/2014You'll want to keep ordering more. Great combinations and flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Lazzara's Pizza Cafe reviews archive.
- good pizzaFrancoDined on 7/9/2014This a small out of the way pizza place, yet close to Madison Square Garden. Went for dinner, with kids, before a MSG concert. It was perfect. Pizza was delicious and they had televisions set up so we could watch some of the World Cup games, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mistakeDahbeeDined on 7/9/2014We arrived early to an almost empty room. After climbing steep stairs there was an old curtain hiding the entrance. The staff was watching the world cup at the bar. When we ordered drinks we were told they had no license to serve alcohol. Wine and drinks were advertised on the web site and on the walls in the restaurant. The bar was stocked with wine bottles.The service was awful except for the busperson who brought us water. We canceled our coffee when they told us there was no cream or half & half. There are more silly annoying incidents, however, the food was okay. We would NOT reccomend this place.
- Excellent thin crust pizzaBrewstaBoyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Had the pasta e fagiole, which was absolutely delicious, served very hot in a huge bowl. Also had a half pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni, which was outstanding. I was frankly hoping for "NY-style" pizza, but this was far more luxurious and felt more authentically Italian. As for the restaurant, it's a small, simple comfortable place a flight up from the bustle of W 38 - NOT a walk-in type pizzeria by any stretch. Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffetsnBullrushesDined on 5/10/2014Lazzaras is best by delivery right now. It received a B rating and in front of the building they were jack hammering the street which is not their fault. We ended up not staying and going to another restaurant. We live in the neighborhood and have enjoyed there pizza in the past, but they need to get the B fixed to an A before we go back.Special Features:
- Quiet spot on a Saturday nightMrsBDined on 4/26/2014The food was good and it was very quiet - I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Thin and Crust Pizza in midtwonSunshineJDined on 3/19/2014Lazzara's Pizza Cafe is one block down my work, and it is the best for thin and crust pizza in midtwon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a quick biteChrisDined on 3/14/2014Recently visited for a second time. Quick service and quality food at reasonable prices. Convenient to Times Square and Penn Station so perfect before a show or event at MSG.Special Features:
- We had reservation to 8.30pmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had reservation to 8.30pm and when we came and had ordered main Course we were told to order the rest beacause the kitchen was closing. When eating dinner the stoff startet closing and getting dressed. There was another there as well and they felt the same way.Special Features:
- Awaiting out-of-town guestsSusanDined on 2/21/2014Hats off to the staffl at Lazzara's. After two of the five of our reservation arrived on time, we got a text that 3 who were arriving by bus from DC would be late. The staff could not have been more understanding while 3 seats at our table went empty as the restaurant filled up with a large party, limiting available seating for others coming in. Two of us had to order because of theater tkts, and even then the staff said they would hold the table for a bit longer as best they could. We could not have imagined that many restaurants would have even offered that. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Very good italian food.iheartnyDined on 2/17/2014Cute little place. Food was excellent! Only complaint would be the loud rap music which did nit fit in with the place, but it won't stop me from returning.Special Features:
- Feels like the kind of neighborhoodCathDined on 2/8/2014Feels like the kind of neighborhood restaurant quickly going extinct in NYC, a gem with good, solid Italian fare.Special Features:
- One of NY's best pizzasWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 2/3/2014Shhhh, it's still mostly a secret. Crowded at lunch, basically empty at dinner. Two people can share one pizza, thin crust, great sauce and toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but the service wasn'tDaveDined on 1/28/2014I have been many times. As usual the food was great but the service was sub par during this dining event for me. The serving staff was rushing us out of the restaurant as they were in a hurry to go home. Also, the server was uneducated about the menu and could't describe the entrees or offer suggestions. Don't expect service here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very solid Italian fare. ReasonableMiddyVIPDined on 1/20/2014very solid Italian fare. Reasonable priced. Great for pre-theatre.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/7/2014The service was friendly and prompt. I ordered their salad special and pizza. The salad was flavorful and the pizza was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot just offOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Great little spot just off 7th ave. Ambiance is great, was about half full during our meal and we were comfortablely able to hold a conversation. The Harris special was excellent. But the prosciutto pizza left a little to be desired. That was the only negative part of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent Pizza, but no more...AGonFre62VIPDined on 12/26/2013I think one of the best pizza I'd ever had. Thin, crust, yummy sauce and a lot of cheese. Service is fair and restaurant closes early at night.
- Great spot near Times Square/MSGChrisDined on 12/20/2013Great spot near MSG before a recent Rangers game. Service was quick and pizzas/pastas were delicious. Will definitely be back1Special Features:
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013We wanted authentic Italian and found it. It was close to the hotel and didn't have to wait. We ate lite so we could have dessert and the canolli we had was the best tasting thing we had on entire trip to NYC.Special Features:
- Nice little surprise, AMAZING pizzaMissouriBusinessTravelerDined on 12/16/2013Had a group of 12 there last week. They are still raving about the food. Do not leave without trying dessert. This is a small, casual, local feeling spot with top notch ingredients and delivery. I was pleasantly surprised and strongly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!MelonDined on 10/24/2013From outside, Lazzara's looks a little isolated. You have to climb up the stairs and go through a little hallway. The actual restaurant is pretty nice. The portions were pretty big. I had the fried calamari. Very good. I had the Lazarra's salad (I think that was what it was called). I shared two half pizzas with my boyfriend. I enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.