Lazia Restaurant - North Edmonton
13503 St. Albert Trail NW
Edmonton, AB T5L 5E7Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Lazia Restaurant - North Edmonton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lazia.ca/
- Phone: 7804883823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Raymond Chow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lazia - North Edmonton has been voted Diners' Choice Award "Great for Groups" by Open Table users. We have private rooms for groups of up to 25 or 30 people. In the upstairs Mezzanine our private room overlooks the lounge but is separated from the rest of the restaurant. We also have a great reputation for accommodating large groups on a time restriction. Special function menu or regular menu available.
- Private Party Contact: Ray Fong 7804883823
- Entertainment: Enjoy our upstairs patio or our covered courtyard complete with couches and ambient lighting. We feature a crystal-clear 10 foot screen as well as 3 plasma TVs that can be viewed from all over the lounge. Come in and ask for your favourite sport!
- Special Events: Try our brunch Saturday and Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm. Join us for Father's Day!
A word from Lazia Restaurant - North Edmonton
Lazia features a Canadian take on World Cuisine. Using different techniques, flavours and styles from the different parts of the globe it is common to see the world come together on a plate. For example, try our Tandoori Basa Whitefish. It combines a tropical fruit salsa, with a Jamaican tandoori basa fillet, Japanese rice and a French/East Indian Kahlua cream curry sauce. Combining the culinary artistry of our Team Canada Gold medalist chefs, Lazia brings exciting flavours and show pieces that will be unlike anything you've ever seen! We offer a business casual atmosphere with plenty of private booths for quiet meetings or romantic dinners. If you are part of a large group we have an upstairs mezzanine that can accommodate parties of up to 30 people on the right side, or 25 people on the left side. Winner of the 2009 Gold Medal Plate competition! Open Table Diners' Choice awards for most booked, good for groups, best service, and great for lunch! 4 out of 5 stars!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lazia Restaurant - North Edmonton reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restaurant is ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014Went for my reservation and found the restaurant had been closed since May 10, 2014. Maybe this restaurant should be removed from Open Table?
- DisappointedFatboy1950Dined on 5/3/2014Here is an example of what can go wrong with a system, in which you book a reservation at a restaurant, using a third party. I booked a reservation at Lazia for four. I have been here before, and everything has been great. If, I had not looked at my email, before I headed out for the evening, we would have arrived at a closed restaurant! I did check my email though, got a computer generated message stating that Lazia was closed. I tried to phone the restaurant directly. No answer. Only a phone call that went unanswered. I phoned the other location, for verification that the north side location was in fact closed. Needless to say I was disappointed. This restaurant should have been out of the system, so that a reservation could not be made.Special Features:
- ClosedBigMatsDined on 5/3/2014Quietest restaurant ever. Got an email reply Saturday saying they were closed. Appreciated the heads up but too bad they are done. Never had a bad experience there in the past and the food was always great.
- Closed with no noticeLuvtoeatDined on 5/3/2014I booked on line a late lunch with my girlfriends through Open Table. I tried twice to phone in a reservation with no answer on the phone and no message. It just rang and rang. To all our surprise the restaurant was closed. No note on the door, no "sorry we're closed" Nothing! I drove from out of town and arranged this with the idea that 2 of my friends were celebrating birthdays. Luckily Moxies was open and we had a great lunch there. If one is to close a restaurant please give people notice. In the day and age of modern technology a simple voice message would be nice.
- Restaurant a no show!RogerDined on 4/30/2014My daughter and I arrived at the restaurant door on time for a 7:00 p.m. dinner. The door was locked. A call immediately to the restaurant to find out what was wrong went unanswered. There was no note on the door, nothing to advise us of a problem within and nothing from the restaurant afterwards, who should have our on-line reservation on record, to explain the problem and apologize for the inconvenience. Remove Lazia's from Open Table.
- ClosedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Did not go! It was locked and closed with no explanation!
- Closed without ExplanationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014The restaurant was closed without explanation when I went there for my reservation.
- Closed notice on door on arrivalplannerDined on 4/28/2014We arrived for our reservation on April 28 to find a notice on the door that the restaurant was closed - no explanation or expected date/time of reopening. I had received a reminder from Open Table of my reservation, but no notice of the closure. We were a business event so finding another location was difficult.
- FoodloverDined on 4/25/2014I do enjoy the food at Lazia's however after making a reservation and not being a walking we still got seated in the lounge area. Great if you don't want to talk a lot. Not sure what the benefit was to the reservation other than no wait. I would have rather waited if it gave me a table in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was very goodWlovelifeDined on 4/20/2014We were at Lazia's for Easter Sunday. I had made a reservation which is a feature I do like about Lazia. It was very quiet and a reservation wasn't needed. The food was very good. My daughter needed a gluten free item and the server checked with the kitchen and they altered an item she had picked to make it gluten free. This was very much appreciated. My only complaint was with the server. I wouldn't say she was rude but the service was minimal. This was a bit of a surprise as there were only 2 other tables with occupants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014The food was not good at all but service was awesomeSpecial Features:
- We enjoy the relaxed feelSherryDined on 4/11/2014We enjoy the relaxed feel of this place and definitely will definitely return to try more dishes. My friend enjoyed the lettuce salad which she said was very fresh and crisp. We both tried the ginger chicken bowl and both thought it was great, I finished with crème brulee was quite enjoyable.. Service was well-timed and very friendly,Special Features:
- Very niceBabzDined on 4/11/2014My friends and I had a great time at lazia. Food and service was excellent. Price was typical of what I would spend for lunch for good food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great service and FoodSonzaisuruDined on 4/5/2014Reserved a table for 6 of us and though we arrived early we were seated and offered drinks right away. Server was prompt and friendly, and ensured we were always satisfied and had all we required without coming to check to often. The food ordered was great, especially the seafood hot pot. Only thing I would have changed is the music was a little loud for the ambience. Overall though a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at LaziaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Great little restaurant with friendly, helpful staff, trendy decor and a menu that boasts a variety of choices to appeal to a wide audience. I will go back!Special Features:
- Dinner and a movieFatboy1950Dined on 3/29/2014This is a great spot to have a before movie dinner, which we did, and also an after dinner nightcap, which we did. proximity to the Cineplex. North, makes this spot a natural choice. Food and service were very good. Reservations for 5pm, and movie at 7:10 worked out beatifully for a nice, relaxed, excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie "Apps"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Four of us went to Lazia north end just before going to a movie. The service was initially slow, it took the server over 5 minutes before she came over to say hi and take the drink orders. After that, everything was good. We ordered appetizers (needed to save room for popcorn at the movie)- the Parmesan fries, 4 bacon wrapped skewers, and a double order of the pretzel ball gooey cheese fondue. We also shared desert: carrot cake and dark chocolate raspberry bombe. With 4 drinks the bill came to just over $91.00(drinks were $32). The food was exceptional and well plated. Definitely a favorite place for more Apps before a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & fun timesTaniaTDined on 3/28/2014We went here on a girls night out. The service was great, the food was yummy, the drinks were awesome and dessert was sinful! Need I say more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for a lunch to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We went for a lunch to meet with a corporate customer. Food options are great, service was very good and seating arrangements are complimenting the necessary privacy (booth). We arrived shortly before 11.30 am and the music playing as background was not interfering at first, but once the restaurant filled up with other customers, it became difficult to hear others at our table (3). I would suggest to significantly reduce the music level at least during main lunch and dinner hours. It prohibits the possibility to have conversations.
- Too noisy. Loud bad musicneemooseDined on 3/22/2014Too noisy. Loud bad music if you can even call it music.
- Yummy hot spotSukiyackiDined on 2/28/2014The food was very good. The restaurant is very new age and really cool, more dimly lit than usual which was really nice. The music was nice and not too loud. Enjoyed our evening and our server was ver attentive. All employees were very nice and pleasant to deal with. This was my second visit. The first was brunch and it was really great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLylaDined on 2/24/2014The food was great as usual; a good variety of dishes to order from. Service was very good - we were ready a little sooner so we had to wait a few extra minutes for waitress to take our order. Easy to make reservations online. My one daughter had to have her food exchanged as meat was overdone and the head waiter actually came out to bring her new dish and ensure it was all okay - a nice gesture. All in all a great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014My boyfriend and I went here for his birthday. Food was great! Being students it's a little more than we are use to spending though. Service was pretty bad. Server was awkward and took drink glasses away without asking if we wanted anything else. Many other servers walked by our empty glasses too without offering to get us something else. Meanwhile the hostess and three other servers were standing at the bar chatting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was very delicious.Buddy2Dined on 2/17/2014Our meal was very delicious. Service was okay. There was little communication between the waitress and ourselves. My only comment would be there should be more table and chairs. We took our elderly parents for dinner and it was more difficult for them to sit comfortably in a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats and several choicesbrynachDined on 2/14/2014The food was great and the staff did their best to make it a good experience. They did their best to confirm dietary concerns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Turn OverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Although generally enjoy Lazia's, found the food was too obviously prepared ahead (ie soups setting up in bowls) and steaks were dry. It seemed to be a drop in usual quality due to set menu and high turn over. Dessert was presented beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner let downnoh2oDined on 2/14/2014I've had literally dozens of business lunches here, and always had great meals and great service. The valentines dinner was a huge disappointment though. The appetizer soup was too small a portion, the salmon was over cooked, as well as the prawns accompanying it. The asparagus was undercooked and tough. Kudos to the pastry chef however; two desserts served together to share was a nice touch, and were fantastic! Bottom line is that with 2 glasses of house wine, this dinner was a $145 disappointment. Maybe they were just too busy with Valentines day ???Special Features:
- Average food with uncomfortablenightoutDined on 2/13/2014Average food with uncomfortable booth seats. Went on a Thursday night and service was friendly but slow. Would not return.
- dining excellenceImawinoDined on 2/5/2014It is a beautiful restaurant, the food was great and the service top notch.I will definately be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday PlacespunkyDined on 1/30/2014My son took me to Lazia for my birthday. I didn't want him to have to spend too much money on supper but I wanted to try someplace new but somewhere close. We had great service, the food was fantastic and the price was very reasonable as well. We will definitely be coming back to try the other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmospherelike2dineDined on 1/28/2014Planned on having a drink and appetizer in the lounge but ended up having dinner there as well. Atmosphere is welcoming, service was great and food was delicious. Nice large booths to relax in but could use new upholstery. Other than that, the experience was very good and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - uncomfortable seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2014The food and service was great. Unfortunately the booth seats and shape of the upright back was very uncomfortable. left with a sore back which marred the dining experience. I will go back for the food but definitely request to be seated at a table with chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my mother in law thereGino101Dined on 1/25/2014I took my mother in law there for a birthday lunch on a Saturday. It was very quiet and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerNancyDined on 1/24/2014Love the menu, there is something for everyone. Service was excellent even though I think we had a new server who didn't quite know the menu. Our food was superb and served very quickly. It's a little noisy for me but probably wouldn't bother most people. We will be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable!AMatosevicDined on 1/17/2014Our server's name was Joseph. He was so sweet and accommodating and was really funny! It was our anniversary and we truly had an unforgettable night. It was the first time we had been to Lazia and we will definitely go back. We've already recommended the restaurant to our friends. The food was delish! I had the butter chicken. Besides it being oh so tasty, the presentation was really great. My BF ordered the steak. He's a steak lover and will definitely be coming back for the same thing! I can't even describe the goodness. Service was fast and we got our meals in record time too = Happy customers! A+++ from us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodAsianlover23Dined on 1/10/2014Nice place. Good service. I Messed up that date of booking but they accommodated us a day earlier. Good food, some dishes were skimpy with portion size. Service was a bit slow but good with drink refills. Our waiter was a bit rude when he asked for a bigger tip. But other than that it was a good first time experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeOuttolunchDined on 12/30/2013I told them I needed a high chair and it was there waiting for me. They got the babies food out super fast and they were all very helpful! Food is amazing!Special Features:
- Dinner was great; dessert not so mGeoveroDined on 12/14/2013Dinner was great- we finished every bite!!! But 2 out of 3 desserts were not very good. The red velvet chai cupcake was dry and the carrot cake was also very dry and not very tasty. The coffee was not hot and tasted old. Unfortunate ended the great meal on a disappointing note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Variety, Great QualityNeillDined on 12/14/2013Its not often you can find a restaurant that really does have a great selection on their menu to pick from, and yet have them all great to eat. I've never had a bad dish there, and this time I experimented with their special, not what I expected but it still tasted awesome. I love the cosy circle seats, they make for romantic evenings, although it isn't a quiet atmosphere.. they are busy.. it certainly is energetic. I do recommend reserving if you want a nice seat. I like the choice of a few Micro Brew beers for me, and my wife certainly had lots of wines to pick from. Its nice to have a restaurant that is staying.. its been on my favorite list for many years.. still going strong, and its quality has not slipped at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet not spiceyskeeter23VIPDined on 12/9/2013Lunch was reasonable but the Asian fusion sauces were sweet rather than spicey. Indeed they were more chineese rather than fusion style. That said the meals were well done and service was attentive. Wine list was reasonable if limited. Desert was lovely. It maybe a bit pricey as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.