Edmonton, AB T5J 4B7Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Lazia Restaurant - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lazia.ca/
- Phone: 780-990-0188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Raymond Chow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are two private dining areas. For small groups there is a private wine room which holds 6 people, completely secluded. For larger groups there is a back room which is draped off from the main dining area which holds up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jim 780-990-0188
- Entertainment: Located in Edmonton City Centre West. Lazia is located close to movie theatres, hotels, casinos, and premium shopping stores.
- Special Events: Join us for Father's Day!
- Cross Street: 102
- Public Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Lazia shares the Edmonton City Centre West parkade underneath the Bay. Access can be found at 103 street and 103 avenue or North of the Delta Suite Hotel entrance. If you are coming for dinner, ask your server for a free parking pass for the heated, underground parkade. Street parking around the restaurant is free of charge at city meters after 6:00pm Monday to Sunday and free all day on Sunday and statutory holidays.
Using different techniques, flavours and styles from the different parts of the globe it is common to see the world come together on a plate. For example, try our Tandoori Basa Whitefish with a spicy masala rub, Japanese rice and French-Indian kahlua cream curry sauce.
Combining the culinary artistry of our Team Canada Gold medalist chefs, Lazia brings exciting flavours and show pieces that will be unlike anything you've ever seen!
At lunch we combine speed and flavour where you can eat and run during your lunch break in under an hour, or enjoy a quiet meeting or romantic dinner. If you are part of a large group we have a private dining area that can accommodate parties of up to 40 people.
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
- ZekeDined on 9/16/2014We were disappointed that your Northside Location had closed. However, we were glad to find you Downtown and seemed like a new experience with your new menu Our overall vist was good as well the food was great.Special Features:
- Really slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Unfortunately, even though we had reservations (via OpenTable), the service was really slow. 20mins to get our waters. another 40 mins for food so lunch was over 1 1/2hrs.... Not acceptable for a downtown restaurant.
- Good and dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Choose this restaurant every year when we are in Edmonton for an event. Food is always good, service as well. Will definitely be back next year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took my friend there for lunch, because USUALLY it is a great experience. Not this time. It took 1 hour to be served and then it was cold with that "been sitting out awhile" stiffness on the pasta. The waitress was not friendly and I eventually asked to speak to the manager who, like her employee, proceeded with the excuses. It's lunchtime downtown - "we are very busy" is not an acceptable excuse. Further, we made reservations and showed up at 11:40 in order to beat the noon rush. There were only a few tables seated when we arrived and we noted 2 tables beside us that came in after us but got their food first. After complaining to the manager she covered our meals but also proceeded to hug us, which was very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Compliments.....even at lunchRegularGuyDined on 8/22/2014I've been to this location a few times, and it doesn't disappoint. Great food, vibrant atmosphere, pleasant service, and good value for the dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazia - the bestlynheVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fabulous restaurant with outstanding service and delectable food.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchNatBDined on 8/3/2014I absolutely love Lazia. I went there for brunch on Sunday, which was fabulous as always. They brought around a basket of fresh pastries to choose from. They were divine. I feel like they go the extra mile here. Check it out!Special Features:
- lynheVIPDined on 8/1/2014Lazia is the best downtown all round restaurant. Jim makes it a notch above the others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Was very impressed at the gentleman who waited on us, he was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and goodChrispyBeeDined on 7/18/2014I work in the area and like knowing that there is a good restaurant close by where I can count on the quality of the meal - I had the butter chicken - it tasted more like a Thai curry because they used coconut milk in the curry instead of yogurt, but it tasted very good nonetheless. I understand all the cooks are Thai, so that might explain the butter chicken. I've never had a bad meal at this place. The service was attentive and timely, given that the place was busy for lunch - the Kdays parade had just finished - and that's important when you have to get back to the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentpickydocDined on 7/11/2014I remember Lazia from years ago being a great restaurant for its wide selection and great quality of both Asian and Canadian cuisine. Not anymore. The food was mediocre. The ginger beef had absolutely no flavour, and the Indonesian rice was better but uninteresting. The vietnamese spring rolls were OK and the creme brulee was good. Not recommended for special occasions.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The background music was so loud it was almost impossible to have a conversation. With the music so loud, the diners had to raise their voices so that they could be heard across the table. It was noise upon noise and for anyone with hearing difficulties (like me) it was a distraction and an annoyance.Special Features:
- dinergirlVIPDined on 6/4/2014The server was fantastic! He really knew the menu and which items were gluten free.Special Features:
- Enjoyable LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Had the Fish and Chips and it was light and tasty - nice fish, nice batter. The accompanying apple slaw was a welcome change to the usual coleslaw - refreshing and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best downtown restaurant!lynheVIPDined on 5/30/2014Superb food; attentive servers. We love Lazia and continue to recommend it to our friends. Thanks to Jim and staff, our experience is always above average.Special Features:
- The following 523 reviews are from the Lazia Restaurant - Downtown reviews archive.
- ThankfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I can not say enough about my experience. The staff were more than accommodating allowing my sister and I the privacy we needed. The food was quick, hot and as usual delicious. The presentation was very eye catching, the aroma was intriguing and our taste buds danced. I have been several times to your restaurant and have never had a bad experience which is why I recommended your establishment. My sister totally enjoyed her experience. Once again you did not disappoint and I now plan on bringing my son there for his grade 9 celebratory dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MedstudentDined on 5/15/2014Food was wonderful and the summer dining options offered a good value for our money. Surprised there weren't more people there (although it was downtown edmonton on a weeknight). Enjoyed that it was more on the empty side though because it made for short waits and good conversation without having to shout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day brunchnobecoDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent.the service attentive pleasant and quick.We would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rthkDined on 5/8/2014The lady serves us is impatience and rush us for order.Special Features:
- DisappointedfrequentdinerDined on 5/7/2014I was at Lazias three weeks ago. We had excellent lunches. Was there again yesterday. Lunches were average. I even had the same thing; our lunches were overcooked. I raved about the restaurant to the person who joined me for lunch and this person had never been at your restaurant before. It was disappointing this time around. Consistency in your delivery of dishes would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchPBZZDined on 5/1/2014Was holding a working lunch meetings, and as it was mid week, was not as busy... so we were able to eat and work. The server was awesome. She was around when we needed her. Will remember that mid week is better for "working lunches".. and yes the food was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Very good place for lunch. Service is quick and food well prepared. Server was attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Delighful Downtown DininglynheVIPDined on 4/26/2014I love Lazia! Superb staff and the ultimate in food quality and presentation. My favourite new downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Vibrant and EnergeticSwankyGirlDined on 4/25/2014Always like coming to Lazia Downtown as the atmosphere is always electric. Restaurant is full of people laughing and enjoying themselves. Food has always been good and I do like to try something new so as to try out more of the menu. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Dinner and a ShowEmmyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Met a friend for dinner before heading across the river to attend the opening night of Mamma Mia at the Jubilee. Free meter parking after 6 and close to LRT made this a great location for dinner. Meal was very good, love the new menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somethin For EveryoneBrokerDined on 4/18/2014We chose Lazia because the menu is very diverse and there were 6 people all with diverse eating preferences. We were not disappointed. Everyone found something they enjoyed and the evening was exactly as we had hoped. The service was polite, efficient, and friendly. The experience neither excited nor disappointed. It was exactly as we had hoped.
- great service better foodfoodgloriousfoodieDined on 4/18/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at Lazia. The service was excellent. Our server was attentive and made sure we were not left wanting. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and had some excellent suggestions for us. We even ended the meal with a surprising delicious shooter. I know, a shooter. It was the perfect drink as it set us up for some laughs at a comedy show later that evening. We told our server about our upcoming show and she went out of her way to make sure we were not late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong - but loudRegularGuyDined on 4/16/2014It is a very active and exuberant clientele... don't expect to come here for a quiet business meeting during lunch. Very responsive service, and fantastic food... could easily extend the lunch hour to a lunch afternoon with this fabulous location.Special Features:
- Great Food but very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014We found it very hard to hear the people at our table due the noise level in the restaurant. Probably would be better to book the room with the wine bottles surrounding it. Looked very nice. Food was awesome and we said we would go back. Three of us order the chicken dish and asked to have the chicken not breaded. There was no probably at all getting this changed. The waitress just said that should not be a problem and it wasn't. Very attentive servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantlynheVIPDined on 3/28/2014Lazia has it all with a manager who really cares, superior staff members and food that is devinely delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good setting to meet friendsoctaDined on 3/27/2014A good setting to meet friends after work for a drink in their lounge. It wasn't loud so could hear and talk in a regular voice. The $5 appetizers were good, the tomato bruschetta was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday LunchSarahDined on 3/27/2014We took my mother in-law here for a birthday lunch since we all work downtown. Service was fast & friendly & the food (pick 2 pasta & 2 Asian meals) was full of flavour. We were able to get in & out of there in exactly an hour, always important when you have to head back to work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only complaint I everAandKDined on 3/26/2014The only complaint I ever have about Lazia is the noise level. It's very hard to have a conversation when the restaurant is busy.Special Features:
- Excellent options for yourMagooDined on 3/22/2014Excellent options for your Dining Downtown special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpecationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We decided to take advantage of the dinner special event in downtown Edmonton. We chose Lazia as their 3 course meal was very reasonably priced and looked interesting. All 3 courses were excellent. We chose the wild mushroom soup, and baked cedar plank salmon, and key lime cheesecake and raspberry chocolate mousse desserts. The first 2 courses were excellent,and the lime cheesecake was also excellent. We would recommend Lazia as their food quality seems pretty consistent, and would certainly not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCMC1Dined on 3/22/2014Although we were early and restaurant many open tables we were placed at small table for two. just felt crowded . Service slow and non-attentive. Food okay but not for the price. Nothing extra, no bread, water never refilled.
- Downtown Dining WeekGFguyDined on 3/21/2014We loved this gem. Tremendous food and service that we felt was frugal in price for the quality we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a business dinner thisBizdinerDined on 3/20/2014For a business dinner this restaurant was excellent, the server was attentive but not intrusive, the menu has something for everyone. We dined during Downtown dining week and were very pleased with the food and wine. The ambience was nice, had an energetic vibe. We will be going back to Lazia Downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again...MattVIPDined on 3/19/2014I was actually excited to try Lazia for the first time, and the DT dining week menu looked quite good. First impressions were lacking, as we were seated in an empty lounge, given that the dining room was no longer open (9pm) - I'd have appreciated knowing prior that we'd be in the lounge. Further, the DT dining week menu wasn't on the familiar black card but on a printed sheet covered in a ratty plastic sleeve. On to the food... the mushroom soup was good, but the steak/lobster dish was ridiculously plated and had an unappealing flavor that I couldn't identify. The salmon was bland and overcooked, and its sauce was VERY thick and highly coagulated (it didn't move as i lifted the plate upright). Key lime cheesecake tasted fake and too sweet.
- Lunch timetreatDined on 3/18/2014Food was excellent but the service was very slow and I had to ask them to give me another tea cup as the first one was dirty.Special Features: