Edmonton, AB T5J 4B7Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Lazia Restaurant - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lazia.ca/
- Phone: (780) 990-0188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Raymond Chow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are two private dining areas. For small groups there is a private wine room which holds 6 people, completely secluded. For larger groups there is a back room which is draped off from the main dining area which holds up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jim 780-990-0188
- Entertainment: Located in Edmonton City Centre West. Lazia is located close to movie theatres, hotels, casinos, and premium shopping stores.
- Special Events: Join us for Father's Day!
- Cross Street: 102
- Public Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Lazia shares the Edmonton City Centre West parkade underneath the Bay. Access can be found at 103 street and 103 avenue or North of the Delta Suite Hotel entrance. If you are coming for dinner, ask your server for a free parking pass for the heated, underground parkade. Street parking around the restaurant is free of charge at city meters after 6:00pm Monday to Sunday and free all day on Sunday and statutory holidays.
Using different techniques, flavours and styles from the different parts of the globe it is common to see the world come together on a plate. For example, try our Tandoori Basa Whitefish with a spicy masala rub, Japanese rice and French-Indian kahlua cream curry sauce.
Combining the culinary artistry of our Team Canada Gold medalist chefs, Lazia brings exciting flavours and show pieces that will be unlike anything you've ever seen!
At lunch we combine speed and flavour where you can eat and run during your lunch break in under an hour, or enjoy a quiet meeting or romantic dinner. If you are part of a large group we have a private dining area that can accommodate parties of up to 40 people.
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- SusanDined on 11/15/2014Filet mignon was fantastic - perfectly grilled and the risotto was delish. Friend had Scallops and prawns - 1 scallop - come on - give me a break. Not enough food. Friend ordered the ?chicken rice bowl and only received the appetizer, again not enough food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Businees LunchFISCDined on 11/14/2014I went for a business lunch and the client had special food needs. It was difficult for him to find something on the menu that didn't have the ingredients he was trying to avoid. The server was also a bit put off by the client's special dietary needs and was not overly helpful coming up with alternative suggestions.Special Features:
- SpriceVIPDined on 11/10/2014Wonderful new additions to the menu, great service and an energetic atmosphere make this a great spot to dine.Special Features:
- good pre theatre dinning.dinger54Dined on 11/9/2014We found Lazia online and enjoyed the finger pasta, mushroom soup and bison sliders prior to going to Windspere theatre. The mushroom soup was excellent and would recommend both entres as well.Special Features:
- Nice Food, nice roombdm50Dined on 11/8/2014Visited Lazia, this location, ( the only one left in Edmonton!?) for the first time on a chilly Saturday night. I had dined at their Northside location many times prior to its closing. It was quite busy for this early on a Saturday. Server arrived promptly, and was very pleasant. Asked a couple of questions of the server, re: portion size (one of us didn't want too much) and she was helpful. Neither of us ordered a starter, we ordered, one "small plate" one regular size entree. Both arrive within a decent time and were hot. Food was excellent, portions right size. As mentioned service was very good. Total ex. tip was <$35 I would go back again. Validated parking in nearby underground parkade good to know for cold winter nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food!Anu1Dined on 11/6/2014We ordered a variety of the smaller dishes and shared. They were all delicious. But it's noisy for those with hearing aids.Special Features:
- Love the new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014I have always chosen L'Azia as my "go to" when anyone asks me out for lunch or I'm meeting someone. I love that the menu has been revamped (although I did love the coconut rice) to reflect a more modern taste and I was not disappointed in what I ate (butterfly shrimp). I'm back in today to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in downtown arealynheVIPDined on 11/1/2014Lazia is a superb restaurant with many new locally sourced foods added to the menu recently. The choices are outstandingly different, prepared with finesse and served with the ultimate in presentation. Jim, the manager, is most interested in his customers and manages to visit many tables personally. We love to visit Lazia on a weekly basis.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We were there on a weekday at lunch so of course didn't have a lot of time - the service was so quick - we were very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting New MenuMer3dithVIPDined on 10/9/2014We went to Lazia for an early dinner before a concert at the Winspear. We each ordered two Small Plates off the Lazia Redefined menu (new as of fall 2014). Everything was fresh and interesting and the portions were larger than expected (next time we'd likely only order three Small Plates between the two of us to share). We will definitely be returning to try more dishes off of the new menu in the near future.Special Features:
- Great EverythingAvidneisDined on 10/8/2014We came in with a large group with many different dining needs. Lazia was able to accommodate all of our requests with delicious, filling and well presented meals. Their sticky toffee pudding was the perfect end to the meal (and day). Next time I am in Edmonton, I am definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good locationDowntownDined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed our meal at Lazia before a movie at City Centre. Good service and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lunch was greatNikita96Dined on 9/25/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and assisted us in choosing our meals to tailor to different dietary requirements. When the food came out (which was in quite a timely manner) it was fantastic. It looked great and tasted better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZekeDined on 9/16/2014We were disappointed that your Northside Location had closed. However, we were glad to find you Downtown and seemed like a new experience with your new menu Our overall vist was good as well the food was great.Special Features:
- Really slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Unfortunately, even though we had reservations (via OpenTable), the service was really slow. 20mins to get our waters. another 40 mins for food so lunch was over 1 1/2hrs.... Not acceptable for a downtown restaurant.
- Good and dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Choose this restaurant every year when we are in Edmonton for an event. Food is always good, service as well. Will definitely be back next year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took my friend there for lunch, because USUALLY it is a great experience. Not this time. It took 1 hour to be served and then it was cold with that "been sitting out awhile" stiffness on the pasta. The waitress was not friendly and I eventually asked to speak to the manager who, like her employee, proceeded with the excuses. It's lunchtime downtown - "we are very busy" is not an acceptable excuse. Further, we made reservations and showed up at 11:40 in order to beat the noon rush. There were only a few tables seated when we arrived and we noted 2 tables beside us that came in after us but got their food first. After complaining to the manager she covered our meals but also proceeded to hug us, which was very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Compliments.....even at lunchRegularGuyDined on 8/22/2014I've been to this location a few times, and it doesn't disappoint. Great food, vibrant atmosphere, pleasant service, and good value for the dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazia - the bestlynheVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fabulous restaurant with outstanding service and delectable food.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchNatBDined on 8/3/2014I absolutely love Lazia. I went there for brunch on Sunday, which was fabulous as always. They brought around a basket of fresh pastries to choose from. They were divine. I feel like they go the extra mile here. Check it out!Special Features:
- lynheVIPDined on 8/1/2014Lazia is the best downtown all round restaurant. Jim makes it a notch above the others.Special Features:
- The following 530 reviews are from the Lazia Restaurant - Downtown reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Was very impressed at the gentleman who waited on us, he was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and goodChrispyBeeDined on 7/18/2014I work in the area and like knowing that there is a good restaurant close by where I can count on the quality of the meal - I had the butter chicken - it tasted more like a Thai curry because they used coconut milk in the curry instead of yogurt, but it tasted very good nonetheless. I understand all the cooks are Thai, so that might explain the butter chicken. I've never had a bad meal at this place. The service was attentive and timely, given that the place was busy for lunch - the Kdays parade had just finished - and that's important when you have to get back to the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentpickydocDined on 7/11/2014I remember Lazia from years ago being a great restaurant for its wide selection and great quality of both Asian and Canadian cuisine. Not anymore. The food was mediocre. The ginger beef had absolutely no flavour, and the Indonesian rice was better but uninteresting. The vietnamese spring rolls were OK and the creme brulee was good. Not recommended for special occasions.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The background music was so loud it was almost impossible to have a conversation. With the music so loud, the diners had to raise their voices so that they could be heard across the table. It was noise upon noise and for anyone with hearing difficulties (like me) it was a distraction and an annoyance.Special Features:
- dinergirlVIPDined on 6/4/2014The server was fantastic! He really knew the menu and which items were gluten free.Special Features:
- Enjoyable LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Had the Fish and Chips and it was light and tasty - nice fish, nice batter. The accompanying apple slaw was a welcome change to the usual coleslaw - refreshing and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best downtown restaurant!lynheVIPDined on 5/30/2014Superb food; attentive servers. We love Lazia and continue to recommend it to our friends. Thanks to Jim and staff, our experience is always above average.Special Features:
- ThankfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I can not say enough about my experience. The staff were more than accommodating allowing my sister and I the privacy we needed. The food was quick, hot and as usual delicious. The presentation was very eye catching, the aroma was intriguing and our taste buds danced. I have been several times to your restaurant and have never had a bad experience which is why I recommended your establishment. My sister totally enjoyed her experience. Once again you did not disappoint and I now plan on bringing my son there for his grade 9 celebratory dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MedstudentDined on 5/15/2014Food was wonderful and the summer dining options offered a good value for our money. Surprised there weren't more people there (although it was downtown edmonton on a weeknight). Enjoyed that it was more on the empty side though because it made for short waits and good conversation without having to shout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day brunchnobecoDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent.the service attentive pleasant and quick.We would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rthkDined on 5/8/2014The lady serves us is impatience and rush us for order.Special Features:
- DisappointedfrequentdinerDined on 5/7/2014I was at Lazias three weeks ago. We had excellent lunches. Was there again yesterday. Lunches were average. I even had the same thing; our lunches were overcooked. I raved about the restaurant to the person who joined me for lunch and this person had never been at your restaurant before. It was disappointing this time around. Consistency in your delivery of dishes would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchPBZZDined on 5/1/2014Was holding a working lunch meetings, and as it was mid week, was not as busy... so we were able to eat and work. The server was awesome. She was around when we needed her. Will remember that mid week is better for "working lunches".. and yes the food was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Very good place for lunch. Service is quick and food well prepared. Server was attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Delighful Downtown DininglynheVIPDined on 4/26/2014I love Lazia! Superb staff and the ultimate in food quality and presentation. My favourite new downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Vibrant and EnergeticSwankyGirlDined on 4/25/2014Always like coming to Lazia Downtown as the atmosphere is always electric. Restaurant is full of people laughing and enjoying themselves. Food has always been good and I do like to try something new so as to try out more of the menu. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Dinner and a ShowEmmyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Met a friend for dinner before heading across the river to attend the opening night of Mamma Mia at the Jubilee. Free meter parking after 6 and close to LRT made this a great location for dinner. Meal was very good, love the new menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somethin For EveryoneBrokerDined on 4/18/2014We chose Lazia because the menu is very diverse and there were 6 people all with diverse eating preferences. We were not disappointed. Everyone found something they enjoyed and the evening was exactly as we had hoped. The service was polite, efficient, and friendly. The experience neither excited nor disappointed. It was exactly as we had hoped.
- great service better foodfoodgloriousfoodieDined on 4/18/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at Lazia. The service was excellent. Our server was attentive and made sure we were not left wanting. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and had some excellent suggestions for us. We even ended the meal with a surprising delicious shooter. I know, a shooter. It was the perfect drink as it set us up for some laughs at a comedy show later that evening. We told our server about our upcoming show and she went out of her way to make sure we were not late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.