Layla's Lebanese Restaurant
907 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Layla's Lebanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laylasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 703-684-3288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Mathilda Chebat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Radah Chebat 703-684-3288
A word from Layla's Lebanese Restaurant
Layla's offers the finest in Lebanese cuisine. Enjoy your meal in a warm and cozy atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Layla's Lebanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great food!!Aj24Dined on 8/14/2014Took my gf out there and she loved It! Food was quick, service was amazing, no complaints at all best spot in old town alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Our dinners were superb! Waitress very knowledgable and offered good suggestions. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- Great Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Really fun and low key spot for a business dinner. Great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had RESERVATION but was CLOSEDhungryhippoDined on 7/7/2014We went to the restaurant and it was closed. We were not the only two that had reservations and ended up being turned away because the restaurant was closed. I would avoid the restaurant for any important meetings.
- Odd--restaurant closed at noonAlexandriaSoxFanDined on 7/7/2014Not sure what happened, but OpenTable allowed me to make a lunch reservation for noon on Monday (when the restaurant should have been open according to their hours, which begin at 11:30 according to their website). I arrived at noon and the doors were locked and there was no one inside. Another potential customer was outside and seemed to be in a similar predicament. I went to the Pita House two blocks down King Street instead. I feel badly about giving negative ratings, since I didn't actually get to try the restaurant.
- Three generations strong!sarahseesfoodDined on 7/2/2014The waitress told us her family has owned the restaurant for three generations, and it really shows in the food. We had only the appetizer sampler, and cleared the dish with ease! If you’re craving hummus while walking along King Street, Layla’s is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkInArlingtonVIPDined on 6/20/2014Consistent, authentic Lebanese fare in a family-run business. Worth going just for the home made sausages and the home made garlic sauce, but nothing will disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food!KeiraDined on 5/18/2014This is the best Lebanese food I've had outside of the Middle East. The service was great and the wait staff took the time to help us order and make sure we knew what we were getting. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid meal at Layla'sTobyATLDined on 5/14/2014We wanted something low-key to entertain an out of town friend, and this fit the bill. The food was very good, as was the wine and the service.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Layla's Lebanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Would do it againJettinDined on 4/3/2014The stuffed cabbage was very Good but the food wasn't warm enough. The wines are very limited to the type of food serviced. So if you enjoy good wine, bring your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealBBR2VIPDined on 3/30/2014Although not too experienced with Lebanese cuisine, Layla's makes me want to try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDaniDined on 3/28/2014Service was fast and attentive. Everything was fresh and well prepared. We had a great table by the front window. Was just a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Lebanese samplerspjr208Dined on 3/24/2014My wife I tried the appetizer sampler and entree sampler. They were terrific. The spices were intriguing, the food was delicious. We had fun exploring the different items off of the menu as part of the sampler. A great way to try a bit of everything. We agreed we would have to return to try other items in the future. I highly recommend Layla's, it's a gem.Special Features:
- NiceDanielleDined on 3/22/2014We chose this restaurant to try a new cuisine. Staff were very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. Good was good but did not blow us away. Eating area is a bit small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. ServiceskipDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent. Service was spectacular. Very child friendly. Can't wait to go back with my Lebanese friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014We had the baba ganoush and spinach pies for appetizers. Both were decent, but not spectacular. We then tried the chicken, lamb and kafta kabobs. The chicken was surprisingly very good, and the lamb was good as well. I was not a fan of the kafta. The rice was actually the highlight of the meal! It's topped with shaved nuts, so if you have a nut allergy, speak up, but make sure you try it! The service was very attentive - I'm a heavy water drinker, and my glass was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese food was fresh, includingDonaldDined on 1/24/2014Lebanese food was fresh, including hummus, all the vegetables, Lamb was sweet. Prices are very reasonable. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Layla'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/10/2014Delicious food. Relaxing atmosphere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, family-run with greatRicardoVIPDined on 11/18/2013Small, family-run with great service and terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lebanese food!CarolineDined on 11/16/2013Everything we had was excellent... from the appetizer sampler to the mixed grill. The garlic spread complements the food well and the baklava is amazing. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for the baked kibbehmnoormo1VIPDined on 10/13/2013Thumbs up for the baked kibbeh and chicken shawarma platter. The hummus with meat was disappointing. It lacked lemon and tahini. This is our 2nd trip here. We dined here a year ago when we visited Washington DC and as with our first visit we enjoyed a very good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had lunch on a rainy day.gaflick57VIPDined on 10/10/2013Had lunch on a rainy day. My waitress was very nice. Enjoyed the food. Nothing out of the ordinary but it was a convenient, hospitable place.Special Features:
- ImpressiveLenaDined on 8/24/2013As an Arab from the Levant, I recommend this place HIGHLY. I'd say it would be competitive with even the best Lebanese restaurants in the Middle East, and by far exceeds any Lebanese restaurant I've eaten at in the DC metro area - including Lebanese Taverna. The kibbe niyyeh, fattoush and falafel were delectable. I'd go back just to feast on these three plates. The service was excellent, the music was perfect (classic Lebanese hits) and the place definitely has a family vibe to it, which only adds to its Lebanese authenticity. Home-cooked meals are the most coveted ones and going to Layla's felt just like going home. I can't wait to take my American friends to eat at Layla's - it's the next best thing to making the trip overseas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Layla's is the BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/23/2013I enjoy dining at Layla's everytime I am in Alexandria. It has a very romantic atmosphere and of course Great Food. It is family owned restaurant with great service. Layla's was my first experience in Lebanese Cuisine. I was told about this restaurant by a friend. I was looking for a Good Lebanese Restaurant to take my girlfriend , who is from Richmond and is of Lebanese Decent. She knows her stuff when it comes to Lebanese Food. My girlfriend thinks Layla's is the BEST. We had our first kiss here a year and a half ago. We love Layla's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013Average Lebanese food. Quite setting. Good for conversation which is what I was looking for on this occasion. Good service. Fairly priced wine selection. Food was traditional and like home cooking. Establishment apppears to have been there a long time - looks like it. Could stand a refresh in decor.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beDinerDined on 8/9/2013I had eaten at this restaurant 4-5 tunes prior to my final visit. On a Friday night the place used to be a little more full than it was this visit; that should have been a sign. The food itself was tasty enought, however the portion sizes were dramatically smaller. The falafel came out in the hardest, tiniest little puck shape. (Puck may even be too large a description.). The halloumi cheese was served as three tiny slivers with practically no tomatoes and cucumbers on the side. The arayes barely had meat inside and we left wondering what we had spent our money. I think it's time for us to find a new Lebanese restaurant to enjoy in Alexandria/ Fairfax. This place used to be so good so we are pretty disappointed.
- The food wasn't high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2013The food wasn't high quality for the price paid. So, I was a bit dissapointed.
- Friendly and familiarRichNHDined on 7/26/2013Although is was my first time there, our experience at Layla's could have been a repeat occurrence. We are Lebanese and the food was well prepared and delicious. The service was outstanding and the waitress was attentive and friendly. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet spot on a busy street.KarenBDined on 7/23/2013Living in Old Town, it's tough to avoid spots that are crowded by tourists in the summer, so on Layla's my boyfriend and I found a hidden gem. It was quiet and not crowded. The service was excellent. There was an extensive wine list with Lebanese options, we enjoyed a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. He has the shish tawouk (chicken) and I, the shish kabob (ny strip steak). Both were well seasoned, as was the accompanying rice. My steak wash bit overdone from my request for medium, but we'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2013I continue to frequent this family run establishment. Always greeted warmly. The food is always fresh and well prepared. They will gladly substitute fries for a salad for no extra charge. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!giniroVIPDined on 7/8/2013I had never had Lebanese before, but my roommates had been raving about it so we finally made a trip. It was fairly quiet when we got in with only one party there, but we got seated in the back away from them which was nice. Now I'm not versed in the nuances of the cuisine like my friends are, but I must say that I was fairly impressed. Our waitress was really friendly and helpful in helping us choose dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLaritaDined on 6/28/2013This restaurant was o.k...good food but I didn't like the restaurant it self, it was outdated and the service was sloppy. Alexandria has much better restaurants...good for takeout
- Just like Mama makesRoulettetomVIPDined on 6/7/2013Authentic as you can get. Don't mess around / waste time. Hit Layla's for some of the best Middle-Eastern food you'll find. This is coming from King Tut himselfSpecial Features:
- We've been to Layla's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2013We've been to Layla's several times and always enjoy the food but the service always seems to be indifferent at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired InteriorSoutherngirlVIPDined on 5/14/2013Please renovate!! This place has good food and a great location. But why such pathetic menus, tablecloths and furniture?I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andKLoveDined on 4/29/2013The food was excellent and the wait staff are very friendly. I arrived for a 6:30 dinner, but as the restaurant filled up, the service became slow and there did not appear to be enough wait staff to handle the crowd. Regardless, the waitress maintained her cool and was courteous, though rushed. It was my second time visiting and I enjoyed both meals. The Hommous is very good. The Mousaka was tasty though the vegetables were a little overcooked for my liking. The Bakalava is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Lebanese food. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013Delicious Lebanese food. We make a point of eating here when we come to the area.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Delicious food!!! The service was a bit slow and I felt neglected at times but the food made up for the lack of serviceSpecial Features:
- Just averageBullsfan33VIPDined on 2/13/2013Overall, the meal was average. Not bad. Not excellent. I do not know if I would dine there again.
- Being a Lebanese American,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013Being a Lebanese American, I was disappointed to read that people described this as good Lebanese food. Even after I was told the grape leaf rolls were fresh and homemade, imagine my disappointment to find them the too uniform, soaked in oil, and very mushy stuffing of preserved and canned. The kibbe was flavorless. Moujadera was overcooked. The stuffed kibbe was overcooked. Hummous and Baja G were tasty enough. Tabouli did not have enough bulgar and was swimming in a very overly lemony dressing. The little sausages that I could not identify were just bad. The sampler plate is overpriced by about $10 for what you get. Very disappointed after spending $70 to try the place out.