Layaly Mediterranean Grill
2435 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94121Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Layaly Mediterranean Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://layaly.net/
- Phone: 4156681676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Fridays 11:30-3
Saturday and Sundays 12-4
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: AHMED ELSAKAR
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for further details.
- Entertainment: MIDDLE EASTERN MUSIC, BIG SCREEN TV SHOWING SPORTS GAMES
A word from Layaly Mediterranean Grill
Traditional Mediterranean cuisine with a twist. available for dine in, take out, delivery, belly dancing, catering, private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Layaly Mediterranean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Belly DancingRussianHillRabbitVIPDined on 6/14/2014The belly dancing makes for a great evening. Without the belly dancing it would be a lot less interesting and memorable. The meat dishes were very good. I had the eggplant and it was a little boring so I recommend sticking with the meat dishes.Special Features:
- Great food.Madlatino2008VIPDined on 5/18/2014Have almost tried everything on the menu and its all great! Don't really have anything bad or mean to say. The Beyti is a very good choice. and the hummus and pita is very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Layaly Mediterranean Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent food in a pleasant,casualOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2012Excellent food in a pleasant,casual atmosphere with good service at a reasonable price. What more can you want?Special Features:
- The Mezza Platter was wonderfulSteveVIPDined on 6/8/2012The Mezza Platter was wonderful but the Tajines were so bland and boring I cannot recommend them.
- Usually good. Been thereHealthyEaterVIPDined on 3/24/2012Usually good. Been there many times. Nice mediterranen food nearby.
- ExceOne of the best med restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/27/2012ExceOne of the best med restaurants. Excellent selection of tagines. A neighborhood jem.Special Features:
- The food was great, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011The food was great, but service disappointing. There were 3 parties in the restaurant and we ordered first. Nevertheless we were served after all others after almost an hour wait and the main course came before the appetizers. We liked also the Argentinean wine, but...Special Features:
- Lovely Layaly!AlamodeDined on 10/1/2011I love going to Layaly. Have been there for lunch numerous times--great value. First time for dinner the other night and it was fantastic. The messa platter for an appeitzer is a must. The owner is very attentive.Special Features:
- my wife and i had not beenOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/17/2011my wife and i had not been to this spot since it was clementines but had a wonderful experience. the food was excellent. i started with a large bowl of muscles steamed to perfection and had duck breast with polente and bok choy.the duck was just what i hoped for and the side dishes complimented the duck perfectly. our waitress was attentive but not pushy in the slightest. she was also very knowledgeable and if i'm not being too insensitive, cute and sweet. a couple of glasses of house cab and we were sated. we'll be back again.Special Features:
- Layaly Review from Kendra Knows HowOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2011Laylay has very good food and their service is extremely accomodating. With two young children we do take out if it is after the "acceptable" time to dine with children and the food is always wrapped nicely and is fresh when we get home to enjoy.Special Features:
- This is on/ Clement and 26thSFVisitorDined on 7/16/2011This is on/ Clement and 26th Ave -- and is hard to find unless you live in the neighborhood. But it is a little gem - fresh fresh food, yummy kabobs, crisp salads, the most perfect hummus. Lovely service, mostly. Service can be spotty. Great price for lunch - and its on the quiet side. You are talk without shouting. And there is a hooka bar in the back area that is fun (and you can't smell if from inside).Special Features:
- The cuisine is fresh and deliciousMizKatzVIPDined on 4/13/2011The cuisine is fresh and delicious and the ambiance is calm. Mohammad and his team have created a wonderful restaurant, worth going across the city to enjoy.Special Features:
- With Aziza recently gone downhillshellydkDined on 3/3/2011With Aziza recently gone downhill with higher prices, it is good to have a Mediterranean/Turkish restaurant in this part of the city. All of the food was well-prepared and authentic, even if lacking in imagination. The wine list was reasonably priced.Special Features: