3112 Lawson Blvd.
Oceanside, NY 11572Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lawsonpub.com/
- Phone: 5163078753
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm Dinner: 4:00-10:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bonacore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC - Saturday & Sunday Nights starting at 9pm in the fall and winter
A word from Lawson's Pub
Located in Oceanside, New York, Joseph Bonacore's Lawson Pub offers energetic progressive cuisine. The atmosphere is comfortable and inviting, from the imported Italian granite bar, to the antique stained glass, wooden tables, and soft lighting, accented with navy blue touches. To complement the menu, the wine list at the Lawson Pub is a carefully selected mix of high quality wines from around the globe. Each bottle is priced at 20 dollars, thus removing the price sensitivity and encouraging his guests to freely experiment with the interesting selections. Finally, a contemporary pub has come to Long Island!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lawson's Pub - Best Restaurants in Oceanside ›
Lawson's Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We love Lawson Pub!RoseDined on 8/29/2014Joe is a teriffic chef and host. Warm, attentive, friendly wait staff and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good valuemike54Dined on 8/16/2014The Pub has been having a lot of specials lately. Most are BOGO meals. The food is very good as is the service. They seem to appreciate thier customers with all the specials they have. PLUS they are the only establishment that has calorie friendly desserts.Special Features:
- Love good foodlove2eatfinefoodDined on 8/9/2014Best of the best! Food cooked to perfection. Presentation to match! Menu choices are many good ones. I definitely will return. Friends said their eggplant meatballs are amazing. Will try those next. Love the French martini!. They also offer great deals and specials.Special Features:
- Father's Day dinnerMammalouDined on 6/15/2014We went to Lawson's last minute. The restaurant he wanted to go to had a two hour wait. Food was ok -nothing to brag or complain about. Just a nice local pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rmbd317Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent food as always and great service- the Lawson Pub is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Lawson's Pub reviews archive.
- Something for everyoneMeisterVIPDined on 5/29/2014Burgers and wings and other pub type food for the family. The specials are for more serious dining especially the Italian based items such as the pasta in amatriciana sauce or the eggplant meatballs with zucchini linguini. If they have mini cannolis order it as it is as good as any bakery pastry. Lots of $20 specials during the week to keep prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food- long waitOceansiderDined on 5/10/2014This was the 3rd time I have eaten here in the current reincarnation of Lawson Pub. The food has been terrific each time. I made my reservation with Open Table and arrived 5 minutes early. We were not seated for another 45 min. So we were there for 2 hours and 15 min (no coffee/dessert either). I think they can do better than this.Special Features:
- Lawson's PubcmgrestDined on 5/9/2014Food was great, drinks were a little weak. There was live music, which I would have liked to have heard a bit better - it was pretty noisy.Special Features:
- Overall greatFoodieDined on 4/5/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 5 days before and we didn't get to sit down until 8pm the day of. The hostess/manager was unfriendly and rude. She was not accomidating and did not apologize for the delay whatsoever. However, once we sat down our server and busser were fantastic. Great people, friendly and attentive. The food was awecome and the ambience was perfect. But, the manager was a huge disappointment. For being the first face we see getting into a new restaurant she should know how to treat customers. If it wasn't for the food, and the rest of the service I would never go again. But, everyone deserves a second chance...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOceansideReviewDined on 3/25/2014Food was okay but overpriced. There were some very basically seasoned dishes cooked properly with no real outstanding appeal. The filet mignon sliders were okay, but again overpriced. The duck was over cooked and slathered in generic maple sauce. It was combined with off-the-shelf sausages that would be passable for breakfast. And again it was overpriced. My wife got the Brazini which she found to be okay, nothing special, with a tiny side of vegetable grain mix. And...overpriced.Service was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night (Hi)LightsMeisterVIPDined on 2/7/2014The filet tacos were a tasty special appetizer . The pork chop special with peppers and onions were well prepared and presented. Unlike many restaurants the chop was not overcooked therefore tender and flavorful. The french cut chicken scarparello which featured only white meat was also moist and tender. The mini canoli for dessert was a sweet treat at an especially fair price of $3.95. Way to go LP giving us good food at affordable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDawnDined on 2/1/2014I heard MANY good things about this restaurant prior to coming here and the experience did not live up to the good things I heard. The food was just ok, portions small/prices high. We had 7:30 Reservations with a note of celebrating a birthday. They sat us after 8 and made no mention of the birthday we were celebrating. My husbands surf and turf dinner looked small enough for a 5 year old to eat. I would not return here. It is good for local folks but not for folks to travel.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beStevenDined on 1/31/2014Made a res through open table for a Friday night at 7:15. Did not need a reservation. The place was empty. We were 2 adults and 2 kids. We go the chips as an app they were not good at all. I got a salad that was not the salad I ordered, but kept it anyway because the service was slow and waitress was not very attentive. The salad was ok at best. Small for an entree salad, and loaded with cheese when I asked for NO cheese . My husband and one of my kids got the steak sandwich. It was was over cooked and was definitely NOT fillet mignon. My other son got a kids cheese burger that was also over cooked that he could not eat it. It was expensive and not worth it as all. Used to come here all the time many years ago. Will not go back
- Over an Hour for a TableLBChickDined on 1/18/2014I booked a table via Open Table. Admittedly, we were 10 minutes late, but we waited an hour and 10 minutes until we were seated, with no apology, or offer of a free drink at the bar, and no explanation. If you don't have tables for the time slots allotted, don't show those slots as available. Our waitress was lovely, but it was late to eat by the time we sat down. The food was good, as usual.
- Didn't eatBarbDined on 1/11/2014We didn't eat bc they did not honor our open table reservation.
- Tables are too close together.GingerDined on 12/31/2013Tables are too close together. Waiters try to remove your plate while you are still eating. Very disappointing.
- NYE DinnerLeighDined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I wanted to go to an early NYE dinner and then wind down at home, which is very close to Lawsons Pub. It was perfect! Even for NYE the reservation was ready immediately and the service was good, even though it was extremely busy. The food was fantastic. This is definitely a neighborhood gem, not overly noticeable from it's signage outside but much bigger inside than it looks. Worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the restaurant wasatethereVIPDined on 12/29/2013Although the restaurant was not full, we were rushed. Main courses were served while we were still eating our appetizer. Food quality and service seems to have slipped somewhat over the past year. The signature truffle fries were once delicious; now they are only okay. We needed to flag down the wait staff to get the wine we ordered to accompany dinner or to have water glasses refilled.
- Service with a smile? Not!TidbitsDined on 12/27/2013The food here is good. My kids love the thumb bits sandwich. Tasty but small and expensive. I do like the place but find each time I go, staff from host to wait staff does not seem happy to be there and that is not a good look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Place!CritterDined on 12/19/2013Lawson Pub has some great twists on classic menu items. Specials vary based on what's fresh and available at the time. The owner/chef is innovative and circulates around the restaurant greeting his guests. He will make whatever you want to eat (as long as he has the ingedients available at the time). We LOVE Lawson!Special Features:
- More Than a PubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2013This restaurant has the feel of a friendly neighborhood pub, along with the usual pub food, such as sliced steak on garlic bread with melted cheese, plus a friendly bar scene. However, the menu goes way beyond pub food with creative gourmet dishes of beef, seafood, and fowl, not usually found at this type of establishment. The food was well prepared, fresh, and tasty, and the service was friendly and professional. The prices were reasonable considering the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLovegoodfoodDined on 11/23/2013We were really looking forward going to the Lawson Pub with friends. We expected top notch food and service since we have been to Sole (owners previous restaurant) multiple times. However what a great let down. It was the worst service we have ever had in a restaurant. We waited 30 min to place our order, then waited another 30 -40 to get our food. The food was okay. We never got our waters refilled. Waiter never checked on us. Truly disappointed. Hire more staff if need to.
- ConsistentsugarraeDined on 11/21/2013Food is always consistently good. Service as well, friendly and knowledgable staff. Hostess is very friendly and tries to please the customers. Owner/chef is visible and well in control of the kitchen and regularly visits seated guests. Always a good experience.Special Features:
- couple nite outelizabethDined on 11/15/2013we had open table reservations but they had no record of it when we arrived, but said they would seat us within 30 min. i realized 15 min later that i had the email confirmation from open table in my phone. i showed it to the hostess and she said she realized b/c we had a reservation the week before and switched it, that it was a misunderstanding and sat us right away. we went with another couple there b/c we ate there in nov and loved the food. the waitress was well versed with the specials and the menu, but we did wait for drinks and did not get them until after the appetizers arrived. the food was delicious as usual. we enjoyed the live music that we heard toward the end of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great placeCritterDined on 10/13/2013Have to try it. Awesome local spot great pub food plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer; good food; slack srviceMarkDined on 10/11/2013If you're going to a pub it's probably because you like beer. Lawson Pub features beer from a local brewery, Barrier, that is out of this world and hard to find anywhere else. The food is solid, and the specials are often awesome. The service was weak; poor attitude by the server and she never came back to the table after taking our order, other than to bring the check. It's not as though the place was very busy, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentskikevVIPDined on 9/21/2013Our party of six all enjoyed our meals immensely. Our server was friendly and energetic and made our dinner even that more enjoyable. Our only complaint was that décor didn't evoke a warm feeling. Go for the food, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great gastro pub with excellentMeisterVIPDined on 9/12/2013A great gastro pub with excellent food and service. The fresh corn bread that is brought out immediately is a great beginning munch. We loved the chicken wings and lobster sliders as appetizers.The chef sent out an Asian style fried calamari that was better than any of the Asian fusion Places on Long Island. We also had his home made chili which we hope we can get for our SuperBowl party. The chef knows how to cook fish. We had the special Wolf fish that was moist and flavorful. The accompanying risotto with corn and asparagus complemented the sweet fish. The servers were friendly, professional and sweet. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevates pub food to a newMeisterVIPDined on 10/18/2012Elevates pub food to a new level. Specials this night included a pork belly appetizer that was superb. The fish special, grouper, was cooked moist as ordered and there was a wonderful corn risotto that accompanied it. Since it was Lady's Night every bottle of wine was $15 which is a true bargain. The desserts are small and inexpensive so there is no guilt in ordering one. Our table had blood orange sorbet and a trio of creme brûlée and both were delicious. The runners knew who ordered what and this doesn't often happen in a pub type restaurant.Special Features:
- LOVE this place...NEVER disappointeLori3Dined on 10/17/2012LOVE this place...NEVER disappointed!!!! Food is outstanding, great portions, great presentation...friendly.....and prices are very reasonable....Special Features:
- The chef-owner was not thereFoodieDined on 10/16/2012The chef-owner was not there the evening we went; i was worried when i found that out; however, everything was delicious and all ran smoothly. The LP clams are a great appetizer--don't forget to spoon some of the butter sauce on top of the clams. The prix fixe meal is a terrific deal. Grilled Shrimp -- interesting flavor combination of BBQ shrimp, tomato/mango crevice, and pomegranate glaze. You must try some of the mini indulgences for dessert. This time, I had the Nutella Panna Cotta--the Nutella flavor was not overpowering as it often can be in some desserts. Our waiter seemed knowledgeable about the wine list when we asked him some questions.Special Features:
- Very nice establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012It was my first time at the restaurant. The food was delicious especially the apps and and the dessertsSpecial Features: