Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
14655 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: (972) 503-6688
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Matt Melton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Prime Rib dinners to-go
- Special Events: Lawry's The Prime Rib hosts wine and specialty dinners each month.
Summer Dinner Special for $35.00 from June 1st through June 30th, 2010.
For more details go to http://bit.ly/cvf04e
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)romantic (120)good for groups (75)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (26)late-night find (20)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and service and quiet so you can visit makes this restaurant a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love our Lawry's!dgh1958VIPDined on 10/12/2014Our server, Hollie, is the best! She always makes us feel so special. Then there is the food...the best prime rib anywhere. We cannot wait to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent Experienceporkypig1928Dined on 10/11/2014The Lamb was excellent and Travis my server was very professional at his jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014Lawry's leaves a lot to be desired. For a Dallas area steakhouse, the service was akin to an Applebee's and the steaks over cooks and side items forgotten by the wait staff. Other than being overdone, the steaks were flavorful and the wine selection and wine pricing were in line with my expectations. At the end of the day, if you're looking to drop several hundred dollars on a meal try one of the many other top notch steak houses in the DFW area.
- great steak and prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/11/2014wife and I love dining here. It's one of our all time favorites. NEVER disappointed and we've been coming since 1988...every month for 27 years !!!....!seamless transition from Lars to Steve as General Manager... Service , as always, is supernatural. Everyone treats you like part of the Lawrys Family.Special Features:
- This place never disappoints!10alDined on 10/10/2014Been to this Dallas Lawry's location numerous times. It never fails! Best Food, Service, and Class. They have expanded the menu a bit over the last couple of years including other things besides Prime Rib & Steaks. The Red Snapper was especially good this past weekend. Plenty of options for those who like a diet w/o the delicious Prime rib or Steaks-a must have-the SPINNING BOWL salad! Its has been done like this since 1938. Lot's of Ala Carte options including some of the best glazed carrots we've ever had. But don't ever forget this place is about the Chefs who prepare the most delicious Prime Rib around. You will not be disappointed we promise. We have tried numerous other places in Dallas but we just keep coming back here.Special Features:
- wannabfoodieDined on 10/8/2014Confusing with how to order lunch. Meat go to line, salads made at table & sandwiches somewhere in between. Not sure I received the sandwich ordered as on the board said it came with a side, at the counter sides are extra -- confusing. Also, sandwich (prime rib) was very dry and mostly bread. At Lawry's didn't expect to have carry my own plate and work to figure out how to order something -- would be helpful to have instructions printed out for someone to read at the table. Won't go back for a lunch.
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Travis was our waiter He was great Will ask for him againSpecial Features:
- In many ways better than 3ForksMagnificentDined on 10/5/2014If you have a special or romantic dinner in mind and of course if you like Prime Rib (but there are other dishes too) then check this place out!Special Features:
- Special OccasiongookatDined on 10/5/2014Lawry's is a wonderful place to go for a special occasion. The steaks were delicious and cooked perfectly to our specifications. The sides were also delicious. The mushrooms were the best I've ever had. We enjoyed our meal thoroughly. The wait staff and hostess were attentive and so professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's DinnerCarol1VIPDined on 10/4/2014As always, everything was excellent! We took our friends for a pre-wedding celebration and they also really enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Huge DisappointmentFood1stVIPDined on 10/3/2014Our waiter was terrible. She got every stage of our meal wrong. She was impossible to find when we need her to fix things. We got the wrong salads, wrong sides and things were never corrected. She seemed to forget about us. The manager came by when we were waiting for the bill. The manager processed our payment. We never saw the waiter again after for the bill.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLadybugDined on 10/1/2014Our dinner was lovely. Everyone, from the car valet, the hostess, our 2 waiters and the man who refilled our waters were very friendly and attentive. The bourbon cocktail, while not my choice of brand, was nevertheless smooth. We both opted for 8 oz. filet mignonette and they were wonderful and cooked exactly as we like our steaks. I wish they would buy locally is my only suggestion for improvent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's Delivers AgainAlanVIPDined on 9/29/2014Lawry's is the top location for a special family celebration!Special Features:
- off nightexplorerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Went on Saturday evening to celebrate a birthday. Asked for a booth, got a table in a crowded section. Asked for a certain seasoned server, got a rookie. Order was off in some ways. Baked potato was cold.Special Features:
- Wonderful!CharmedDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I dined here for our first anniversary on September 27th. This was my first visit and I was very impressed. Our waiter was very personable and helpful. I was having difficulty trying to find a wine that I liked and he made several recommendations. Unfortunately, I did not like any of the ones he brought me, but he was so patient and polite. The food was outstanding! The setting was perfect for our anniversary and it was nice to sit down and not be rushed through a meal and out the door. I look forward to dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was very good. The creamed spinach and the prime rib were my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!savoryseekerDined on 9/25/2014You will never go wrong at Lawry's, and I have been so spoiled that I would never eat prime rib anywhere else except Lawry's. Now, top that off with the spinning salad and the yorkshire pudding, and I always leave extremely satisfied. The flavors linger on the palate for a very long time.Special Features:
- Lawry'sGinatxDined on 9/23/2014We love the prime rib at Lawry's, but be careful if you order anything other than the prime rib. Several times now we've brought in large parties and whenever someone orders something other than the prime rib, their food is always delayed. Some of the servers are good about remembering to turn orders for pork, lamb or salmon and wait until it is done, but the other night for my parents anniversary the waiter didn't turn in the order and then served everyone at the table and my father had to wait until dessert for a meal because they rushed his lamb, which was raw when he got it and they had to put it back on the grill to finish it and it seemed to take forever. I picked Lawry's but will reconsider the next time we have a family event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Food not seasoned or hot enough. Was really looking forward to going there with fiancé that had never been there and was completely disappointed. I hate to tell you but prime rib at Houstons is much better. I hadn't been there very recently and it truly wasn't nearly as good as it used to be. One of my daughters said the last time she was there for supper it also wasn't that good. We had gone there because we had gotten our marriage license that day and really didn't enjoy our meal. SorrySpecial Features:
- DallasDinerDined on 9/21/2014The food was great, but the service was even better. Our waiter, Mr. Thompson was exceptional, answering all questions and making sure that we were served well. The entire staff pitched in, bringing additional drinks, to-go boxes, anything that you could possibly think of. The setting was nice and there were a lot of additional "nice touches." The prime rib is served in a large silver cart and carved tableside. The salmon was DELICIOUS, as were the mashed potatoes and asparagus. Wasn't crazy about the crab cakes, but that could just be my personal taste preference. Couldn't have improved on the salmon dish, prime rib or the service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJROCK80Dined on 9/20/2014Lawry's is a great venue for an anniversary or other milestone occasion. The venue is old school with hard woods and deep colors. The food and service were excellent! I will definitely return again as they meet the mark every single time. If you are entertaining younger clients, this is not the for them as this is a more mature venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerKATTDined on 9/20/2014The dinner,service was excellent our server was attentive no complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEatoutalotDined on 9/19/2014Once again, the food was outstanding. Lobster bisque very good. Lobster tail trio perfect. Prime rib, soft flavorful and done perfectly. Hot fudge sundae huge, cheesecake excellent. Service was a little slow between courses, especially waiting for the desserts which should have had minimal wait. We were seated in a comfortable, plush booth but several times there was banging on the wall behind our booth that made us wonder if we were in a bowling alley.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. Mr. Thompson made us feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- LUVPrimeRibLUVPrimeRibDined on 9/14/2014Went for brunch and loved it. This place has a very romantic setting and the food and the service are both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate a 60th BdayScubaSteveDined on 9/13/2014Lawry's has always been the go-to restaurant for prime rib and Saturday night did not disappoint. The staff was also extremely accommodating of my 4 year old nephew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedspunkycaneDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner with a friend, three of us, two of them. We had a very enjoyable time and were able to visit and hear each other. The whole evening was delightful.Special Features:
- simply the finest prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 9/13/2014simply the finest prime rib in all of Texas....cooked to perfection....sides a fabulous...deserts to die for.....supernatural service (starting with Lars The General Manager who always greets us and makes us feel like part of the Lawrys family) , to the wait and bus staff (who cater to your every dining need). It's a dining experience we still treasure (and we've been coming back every month since 1988).Special Features:
- Always GreatfriscodebDined on 9/12/2014This is one of our favorite steak restaurants. The service is always impeccable, the seating extremely comfortable, and the food just seals the deal. We always order the Filet Oscar which is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUVPrimeRibDined on 9/8/2014I've been to Lawry's over 20 times this year, but this visit for me, was a let down. My Prime Rib was cold, dry and over cooked but my family's food was spot on. Because of my previous experience at this location, I plan to return because all my other visits were 5 stars, this was a very high 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodBobbyDined on 9/6/2014Service in the restaurant was fantastic. Service in the bar a little slow. The food was great. We ate prime rib lobster tails mushrooms and salads. All great. The server was top notch and jet assistants were right at her elbow when needed. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant came highly recommended so we were really looking forward to our dinner. Was expecting really tender prime rib however both of us were disappointed. Great ambiance and a very nicely appointed restaurant. Server was very personable however seemed to lack the skills you would expect to find in a finer dinning establishmentSpecial Features:
- What a Feast!dgh1958VIPDined on 8/31/2014Despite it being the end of Restaurant Week and a completely full restaurant, the food (main menu) was absolutely superb and our service (be sure to request Hollie) was the best. Cannot wait to go again.Special Features:
- Once again, wonderfulRalphVIPDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is always great. Went with two friends/co-workers, neither having been there before. Both were very impressed with the ambiance and the food. Although the server was ok, he was far from the best. Prime rib ... perfect. potatoes ... perfect. Salads were very nice as well. If you dessert, the Creme Brule is good.Special Features:
- Missed the MarkcwatelDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I make it a point to come to Lawrys every Labor Day weekend when we visit Dallas. This visit, we were 30 minutes late. Our fault, but upon our arrival, the hostess's couldnt seem to care. They told us the wait for a table would be "a few minutes" which turned out to be an additional 30+ minutes. After being seated, the the waitress seemed overtaxed (too many tables, too few staff?). We ordered souffle's at the beginning of the meal and waited 15+ minutes after the end of the meal (over an hour for two persons) and when the souffles did arrive, they were severely undercooked. The explaination that was given was that the kitchen was so busy that the oven temperature was affected by the door being open so often. Duh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food will return again and again! Service and food were fantastic! Waitress even surpirsed us with an anniversary dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodretiredVIPDined on 8/30/2014consistently good prime rib and service. great restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- simply the finest prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 8/30/2014Simply the finest prime rib in all of Dallas....salads cool, crisp, colorful...unlimited wine and beverage list....deserts to die for....service is SUPERNATURAL starting with Lars, the General MANAGER who greets you at the door and always makes us feel like part of The Lawrys family, to the wait staff (Ms Miller is the best), to the bus staff, who cater to your every dining need. It's a dining experience we always treasure.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service StaffAlbertj30Dined on 8/29/2014Spacious room, low noise level to allow private conversation. The prime rib is good as always. Most notable is the wonderful services at the table. I would rank it in my top 10% best.Special Features: