Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
14655 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 9725036688x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Matt Melton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Prime Rib dinners to-go
- Special Events: Lawry's The Prime Rib hosts wine and specialty dinners each month.
Summer Dinner Special for $35.00 from June 1st through June 30th, 2010.
For more details go to http://bit.ly/cvf04e
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)romantic (127)good for groups (60)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (31)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (17)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (6)Show More
- Looking forward to returningEatoutalotDined on 8/24/2014Our first visit was during restaurant week. There were four adults in our party. We were all delighted with the food and the service. Even when our dining room was full it was easy to hold a conversation and we weren't even aware that the room was full until someone noticed it. We're looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to costOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014A terrible experience on 60th birthday. It took three hours from eight to eleven just for a simple meal. Service person was the worst in my 60 years on Earth. The manager was unprofessional. Lots of better places nearby.
- Best Prime RibGGBJDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. We've been several times and it never disappoints. The quality of food and service are top notch. Without question, best prime rib around!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week "Weak" at Lawry'sSteveV75248Dined on 8/22/2014Waitress was young and too inexperienced to perceive our subtle cues that we wanted to sip a drink or two before ordering. Finally had to tell her to leave us alone for awhile. Spinning salad good but nothing special - just gimmicky. My filet was excellent. Date's Prime Rib was excellent. Sides were nothing to write home about. My scallops were so dried up and well-done they had a rubbery texture and were more akin to scallop jerky. My date's crab cakes were good. Finally, our sundaes were melted slop with some whipped cream on top. WTF? We went out for ice cream afterward. My first and last visit to Lawry's.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner was incredible! Service was excellent. The food was amazing and the dessert portion not to be believed. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's Never DisappointsBGeezDined on 8/21/2014Once again, my wife and I met friends at Lawry's to celebrate two birthdays. Once Again, Lawry's did not disappoint us in food, service, and setting. It is my wife's favorite place to go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fool me once...fr0gDined on 8/19/2014Can't say we'll be coming back here. The best thing about Lawry's is the parking, plenty of parking spots, and valet is complementary if you want it. Food: Prime rib was cooked medium rare as requested. Sides were decent. We ordered shrimp, and it came out raw, grey fleshed and all. Service: 1 hour between receiving our appetizers and entrees and the place was only about 2/3 full, not sure if it was because we looked young. They over-charged us 3 times. Once I understand, but twice? and then thrice?? I've worked as a waiter before, and I would've made sure the charges were correct if I made a mistake the first time, especially at an above average establishment. I don't see us coming back anytime soon...
- Exceptional DiningrodamusDined on 8/17/2014Food and service is second to none. . Amazing appetizers crisp salad palateable wine melt in your mouth prime rib...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing first time experiencealectocerDined on 8/16/2014My fiance and I decided to take advantage of the Restaurant Week menu. It was a bit crowded due to it being restaurant week, but we had a brief wait for our table and were able to take advantage of the bartender's recommendations for some specialty drinks that were excellent (Strawberry Gin Cocktail & Skinny Margarita). My fillet was cooked perfectly to my specifications and his prime rib was excellent. The service by Mr. Mimms was incredible, from recommending a good wine, to the table presentation of the spinning salad and slicing of the prime rib, to accommodating my food allergy; he didn't miss a beat. I only wish we had saved enough room for dessert but hopefully we'll plan ahead for next time.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We were looking forward to dining at Lawry's. It tasted like nothing!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekHungryGirlDined on 8/16/2014Having only dined at the Lawry's in Beverly Hills, I was very excited to go to Dallas. The waiter was impeccable, the food outstanding. We had the restaurant week menu which was $45 and came with salad, your choice of two entree selections (i.e., prime rib and lobster, steak and shrimp, etc.) and dessert. It was fabulous. The entire experience, although they were very busy, was definitely one I would do again.Special Features:
- DisappointingMikeDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of ten, celebrating two birthdays, and were disappointed by the quality of our food. Especially given the price, I would not recommend this restaurant, which used to be a favorite.
- The finest steaks & prime rib EVERjoethegent65VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wife loves the steak...I love the prime rib....finest in all of Dallas....food was cooked to perfection...wine was superior yet reasonable....service is always supernatural...several dining rooms to choose from....we keep coming back each month...you can never get enough of a good thing...it's a dining experience you will treasure.Special Features:
- August Dinner SpecialopiejuanDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had reservations at another restaurant for Restaurant Week, then read terrible reviews about it, so we picked Lawry's as a replacement. When I went on their website, I found their dinner deal for August which actually turned out to be a better deal, as it was the full prime rib dinner or salmon PLUS a bottle of wine! The meal was wonderful, and our server was great. The only complaint I had was that she had another table that kept demanding her attention, and she didn't seem to be in control enough to deal with them and check on her other tables regularly. Otherwise, everything about the experience was wonderful!Special Features:
- Poor Dining ExperienceDallasDinerDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I took my parents out for my dad's birthday to his favorite restaurant and it was a disappointing experience from start to finish. My parents don't drink, so when we all ordered iced tea the waiter kind of checked out. He was forgetful and the food took forever to come out after ordered. Watching others that were seated after us complete their entire meal before our food ever arrived became frustrating. The quality of the food wasn't what it used to be either. The kicker was at the end when I received the bill of $211, which was fine and accurate. They kindly put two calculations for gratuity on the bill, 18% - $48 and 20% - $56. This math is no where near accurate! The last time I will eat at a once great Dallas restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was very disappointing-very pricey-poor quality! Our waiter however was very attentive and pleasant. The restaurant is nice but as the evening wore on the noise level rose.
- Not happy this time aroundUnhappyDined on 8/15/2014Have always loved the restaurant but was very disappointed Friday night. Prime rib was not warm - it was "cold". Dessert was ice cream - funny - it say in the kitchen so long that there was no cream to it - it was "liquid". Normally it is very good, but I was very unhappy with food and service Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitJaybeeDined on 8/14/2014Prime rib as advertised. Servings were generous. Service felt a little rushed. Higher end pricing for a mid range experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's at resataurant weekUnexpectedDined on 8/14/2014We went to Lawry's Prime Rib for my daughters birthday and we picked the restaurant week menu. The food was delicious and the ambiance was great and so was the wine. However when we got the bill we had charges added for sides that our waiter asked us nonchalantly if we wanted when serving the prime rib. There was no indication that this was an additional cost it was very sly. Then when we were paying the bill we got a sales pitch to join the rewards program. Did not expect anything like this in a place like Lawry's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Over charged for mashed potato just becouse they added cheese to it
- Lawry's...not just a seasoning !!!RightwingerVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a dining experience...not just dinner out. They recognize reservations on time and the service is attentive and impeccable. Our choices were delicious, the portions are more than adequate and leftovers are even better the next day !! It is a special occasion venue as it is not inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 stop: restaurant week - Lawry'sFoodieLoveDined on 8/13/2014Lawry's was our first stop during restaurant week 2014. Dinner was incredibly good and service was very attentive. Our server was very knowledgeable if we had questions and explained everything he was giving us/doing for us. The food was delicious! For $45 you get the spinning salad bowl, choice of meat + lobster tail/scallops/shrimp, and dessert. I chose the prime rib with the lobster tail, originally $48 for the entree on the regular menu. We also got the optional appetizer which was the Terikyaki glazed ribs which was also amazingly tasty and fall off the bone tender. All in all, a great dinner experience!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My family met here for dinner last Sunday night to celebrate our 22 year old daughter's birthday. We have been dining at to Lawry's for years and it was her choice to eat there. The service was excellent. Christine was our waitress and she was a true professional. Orders were perfect and the food was delicious. We all had the Prime Rib. It was cooked to everyone's individual specification. We had bought a specialty cake and they served it for us. It truly was an enjoyable evening and we will definitely be back. They never disappoint us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great as it use to beRosebuds110Dined on 8/6/2014Five adults ordered Lawry's cut prime rib. The cuts are not consistent. One diner's piece slimmed down to about 1/4". Was definitely not the 10 oz they say it should be. For the price they should over cut; not under cut! Sides from the kitchen did not arrive until we were half done with the meal. This use to be one of our favorite places to celebrate the special occasions; but we have been disappointed during the last several visits.
- ClassClassycelebrationDined on 8/5/2014In celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary Lawry's was ideal. The service was superb - very sophisticated, yet warm and personal. Naturally the prime rib was beyond delicious and the side dishes were varied and also well prepared. And the wine we chose was a perfect match to the meal. The overall presentation was pure class. Lawry's is the place of choice for a celebratory dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for prime ribJohnR1031Dined on 8/5/2014Prime rib flavor and cut were wonderful although the portion size were smaller than normal... Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EMILYDined on 8/4/2014Lawry's is always a special place to dine with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best Steak & Prime Ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 8/3/2014Wife and I took our daughter for her birthday. Salad supernatural...champagne delicious....crab cakes heaven....steak and prime rib cooked to perfection....deserts to die for. Our daughter had a wonderful dining experience with mom and dad that she will treasure.Special Features:
- seniordinerDined on 8/3/2014Lawry's is the most delightful place in Dallas for a Sunday Family brunch. The food is always outstanding, at any time, but the relaxed atmosphere and low sound level makes it a memorable place for family's to visit, without having to scream at one another over a noisy kitchen and loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We have enjoyed Lawry's for the past 25 years, both old and newer location, usually a special occasion. Overall the food was good. The lobster was great, but the prime rib was a little tough this trip. We have never experienced this before and hesitated to complain since two of us were dining on their August Special Dinner for Two at $99. Shame on us. We still had a nice overall experience, and our waiter was the perfect combination of attentive and personable without being either stuffy or too friendly. He was able to read us and determine when to proceed with conversation, etc. We love the atmosphere of this restaurant since it is elegant, comfortable, and quiet enough to enjoy conversation- but not too quiet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Great prime rib and sides. Great atmosphere. Excellent service which made the dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our favorites!dgh1958VIPDined on 7/27/2014If you go to Lawry's, you must request Holly. She is the best server and ambassador for Lawry's! Our meal was perfection...from the outstanding shrimp cocktail and caesar salads to the wild mushrooms and prime rib. Everyone makes you feel special. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- A lovely evening...SusieBVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food never disappoints. Our service was outstanding. We shall, of course, return.Special Features:
- AnniversaryFrisco2dinnerDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I dined for our anniversary. It was her first visit and my first in a couple of years. I found the prime rib exceptionally fatty. Our waitress had too many tables she was trying to take care of. Her fillet was over cooked and charred. Her scallop potatoes were undercooked and cold. It just wasn't the top notch experience I was a custom to.
- Average dining experienceLarryDined on 7/26/2014Prime rib was warm not hot, sides were average and they were out of a special potato recipe that we were interested in. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing prime ribAndyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had a great meal at Lawrys. They have the best pine rib anywhere. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Service was slow. 6:30 reservations, but did not leave until shortly before 9pm. Seven (7) people in the reservation, larger than usual, but not overly large. Made it clear when I made the reservations this was the birthday celebration for my father who turned 92. I watched the carving cart circle the room several times. It was 8pm before the entree was served/delivered. I had to remind the server twice that this was a birthday celebration. For the price the service was unacceptable. We will return, but only for special situations. I was considering checking into the restaurant for a professional organization after work meeting, but not any longer.Special Features:
- Consistently great!FirsttimerVIPDined on 7/21/2014Always enjoy our dinner here. The service is always excellent, from the car valet to the hostess, and our waiter, Trey, was fantastic! Roast beef is always excellent. Carlos gave us perfectly cooked meat! Definitely will continue to return here for special occasions!Special Features:
- Lawry'sLelanDined on 7/19/2014Great food, service and an excellent restaurant. As always, it makes an excellent evening place to dine and visit with my friends from France.Special Features:
- Great Place to DinewillbebackDined on 7/19/2014The evening was wonderful. Service was great, as usual. The food was great, as usual. We were celebrating a birthday with family members and everyone had a great time. We will definitely think of Lawry's first for future 'family nights on the town'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.