Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
14655 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: (972) 503-6688
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Matt Melton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Prime Rib dinners to-go
- Special Events: Lawry's The Prime Rib hosts wine and specialty dinners each month.
Summer Dinner Special for $35.00 from June 1st through June 30th, 2010.
For more details go to http://bit.ly/cvf04e
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)romantic (119)good for groups (74)fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (28)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Superb dining experience! 10/10OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014Excelent food, service, and overall experience was great! It's a tad pricy but not too bad. It's worth the extra $20 or $30$ a person compared to the average restaurant! Great for special occasions, or if you're just in the mood for an above average dining experience and looking to spend a little more for Excelent tasting food and over the top service Lawry's is the place to go! The dining room is magnificent, small in size but great in detail! A great restaurant for any party between 2-6 people. You definitely recieve the value for what you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2014Every time we eat here we always say "why don't we come here more often." It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We had previously dined at Lawry's in Chicago and were wowed by the atmosphere, the food and the presentation. The Dallas location was just as good. Our entire group enjoyed their dinner and, particularly, the prime rib, the salads and the desserts. You rarely find prime rib like this anymore. The service was attentive and helpful with their willingness to answer our questions and make recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best steaks & Prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 11/15/2014One if our all time favorite restaurants in all of Dallas. They serve the finest steaks and prime rib cooked to perfection..salads are cool, crisp, colorful...unlimited wine and beverage list....deserts to die for. Several dining rooms to choose from based on your tastes....Service is Supernatural. it's a dining experience you will treasure. We keep coming back each month for the past 27 years. You can never get enough of a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib is the SpecialtyJimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 11/7/2014Old time steak house with a reputation for prime rib. The rib is served table side and you can order the cut (size and temp) to your liking.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere with fabulous foodJCE3142Dined on 11/7/2014Atmosphere was nice, service was excellent and knowledgeable without being suffy. The food was excellent from the wine to the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlcatDined on 11/5/2014Everything went very well for our group of 7 celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrymanDined on 11/2/2014I have been to Lawry's several times and this is the first time that the service has been just OK.Special Features:
- Took a long time to get our foodporkypig1928Dined on 11/1/2014This was not Travis our waiters fault. There was backup in the kitchen due to a large party. We were hungry but the food was great.Special Features:
- 1PICKYEATER1PICKYEATERDined on 11/1/2014OVER AND OVER, TIME AFTER TIME, AGAIN AND AGAIN--ALL WORDS I CANS USE IN SAYING THE FINE TIME I HAVE DINING AT LAWRY'S.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary SupperheatheredroseDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I chose Lawry's for our anniversary supper, and we were not disappointed. The service was both knowledgeable and attentive, the food was perfectly executed, and the ambiance was pleasant. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy Lawry'sBGeezDined on 10/30/2014We always enjoy Lawry's and go there on many special occasions as well as just to have a great meal in a nice quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- Favorite special event restaurant!DinyDined on 10/30/2014I have been going to Lawry's for about 50 years! First with my parents in the Beverly Hills location then now to the Dallas one. While we don't eat a lot of beef, when we have an anniversary, birthday or want to entertain some friends, Lawry's is a first choice because the prime rib is the best in the world! The service is always excellent, the ambiance is elegant, and it feels like a mini-retreat unlike most loud and crowded restaurants these daysi. I will continue to go especially for festive events and we have introduced our grandchildren who will carry on the tradition we are sure! Lastly, I love their rewards program and look forward to receiving the certificates.Special Features:
- We Always Enjoy Lawry'sBGeezDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I always enjoy Lawry's The Prime Rib whether just the two of us for a quiet dinner or with friends. We almost always go there for special occasions. The food, service, and atmosphere are wonderful.Special Features:
- MsPj12Dined on 10/29/2014Don't know when they changed the lunch to self serve but the quality of food and service was fair at best.Special Features:
- LyndaLyndaDined on 10/28/2014The food & service was wonderful. What a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeFamilyDinnerDined on 10/25/2014The family has been to the Beverly Hills location numerous times and we were in Dallas for the weekend so what better then to celebrate at belated birthday at the restaurant we go to for most birthdays and various other celebrations. It was like we never left home. The service, the spinning salad, the prime rib and all the fixings. We loved it. The only difference is there were mostly male waiters the night we went vs the Beverly Hills location which is virtually all female. It did not matter, we were there for the food and it hit the mark as expected.Special Features:
- Poor service!Davefoodie13Dined on 10/25/2014Waited a long time for our bottle of wine. After asking our waitress about our wine she did not recall if it was by the glass or by the bottle? Did not get our workshire pudding; had to ask for it???Special Features:
- Always a pleasureFrequentdinerDined on 10/25/2014Great food! The prime rib was wonderful. The crab cakes were delicious.they have a nice variety for non beef eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Prime Rib in all of Dallasjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/25/2014Simply the best ....carved fresh right at table side.... several dining rooms to choose from base on your tastes.....service is always supernatural....we keep coming back each month for the past 28 years.....looking at celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary there next month. You cn never get enough of a good thing. It's a dining experience you will tresure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE their prime ribkdbensonVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Lobster bisque and cream of broccoli and cheddar soup were both delicious! This is the ONLY place in DFW that we will get Prime rib! It's just that good! The spinning salad is a must too.....just bc it's tradition for us! It is a great salad though....beets are a nice touch and the dressing is good! Service is always professional and very friendly too! LOVE THIS PLACE!Special Features:
- Love this placeYummyTummyDined on 10/24/2014Great place to go for special occasion. They always take great care of us when we come in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Lawry's is always a special treat. The food is excellent and the service above average.Special Features:
- wonderfulcro7Dined on 10/19/2014Everything was perfect. The food was delicious as always. Our server, David, was wonderful and made great recommendations. Thank you for another wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry'sChefGeoffWDCVIPDined on 10/19/2014Excellent prime rib as always. Cooked as requested to perfection. Delicious spinning salad and sides. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBbuddineDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere was inviting and friendly. The service from our waiter (Ken Mimms) was outstanding. Prompt, friendly and personal service made it an outstanding experience. The food was first class and was served promptly and follow-up service was just right. It was a great experience for our 48th wedding anniversary and we will be coming back with friends. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply the finest prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/17/2014Simply the finest prime rib in all of Dallas...salads cool, crisp, colorful...unlimited wine and beverage list....deserts to die for. Service is supernatural starting with Steve (The General Manager) to the hostesses , to the wait staff and the bus staff (who cater to your every need). We celebrated our daughter's big promotion . It's a dining experience you will truly treasure.Special Features:
- HintonFCOG141016Dined on 10/16/2014Most everything was really fine as usual. This was a church affair, paid dinner. When the bill came, it had tax on it. The TX Comptroller's letter I had was not acceptable to the corporate HQ in CA. I have never had it rejected before at restaurants or hotels. This was confusing. The manager was nice, but unable to change the corporate direction. She showed the form they need. I found it and am in the process of sending it in. I emailed an unsigned version and received confirmation that it is what they need. Well, what IS confusing is that the form has NOTHING on it that was not on the letter from the TX Comptroller's office I had presented. This makes no sense to me, but I am following the rules for youSpecial Features:
- Prime ?????GourmetVIPDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I have been going to Lawry's for more than 20 years and we have seen a lot of changes. Last Wednesday evening we dined again to find more changes! Our meal started with a shrimp cocktail which was very good. However, things soon went downhill....... I ordered the Lawry's cut prime rib and my husband ordered the filet, cooked medium rare. After 30 minutes he said the steak was almost ready. 20 minutes later he said the kitchen was trying to cook it just right. Finally, the meal was served and it was poor. My prime rib was so tough I could not cut it with a steal knife!!!! We took the meat home and finally threw it away. It will be a while till we are going back again..
- KingDined on 10/14/2014Great food, very good service, and pleasant clean dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIZ LUNCHDavidVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great place to conduct business. Quiet, great food.
- Prime Rib Great! Sides Not So Much!chrissyeatsoutDined on 10/13/2014Prime Rib: excellent, as expected! Spinning Salad Bowl: horrible. Needs iceberg and ONLY a small amount of Romaine plus other condiments included. Could not taste the wonderful dressing. In better times, the Yorkshire pudding was very fresh from the grill, if not cooked table-side. The small pan grill yielded a very dry-like-bread item. Huge disappointment. For a Monday night, the place was doing well, but service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Great food and service and quiet so you can visit makes this restaurant a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love our Lawry's!dgh1958VIPDined on 10/12/2014Our server, Hollie, is the best! She always makes us feel so special. Then there is the food...the best prime rib anywhere. We cannot wait to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent Experienceporkypig1928Dined on 10/11/2014The Lamb was excellent and Travis my server was very professional at his jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014Lawry's leaves a lot to be desired. For a Dallas area steakhouse, the service was akin to an Applebee's and the steaks over cooks and side items forgotten by the wait staff. Other than being overdone, the steaks were flavorful and the wine selection and wine pricing were in line with my expectations. At the end of the day, if you're looking to drop several hundred dollars on a meal try one of the many other top notch steak houses in the DFW area.
- great steak and prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 10/11/2014wife and I love dining here. It's one of our all time favorites. NEVER disappointed and we've been coming since 1988...every month for 27 years !!!....!seamless transition from Lars to Steve as General Manager... Service , as always, is supernatural. Everyone treats you like part of the Lawrys Family.Special Features:
- This place never disappoints!10alDined on 10/10/2014Been to this Dallas Lawry's location numerous times. It never fails! Best Food, Service, and Class. They have expanded the menu a bit over the last couple of years including other things besides Prime Rib & Steaks. The Red Snapper was especially good this past weekend. Plenty of options for those who like a diet w/o the delicious Prime rib or Steaks-a must have-the SPINNING BOWL salad! Its has been done like this since 1938. Lot's of Ala Carte options including some of the best glazed carrots we've ever had. But don't ever forget this place is about the Chefs who prepare the most delicious Prime Rib around. You will not be disappointed we promise. We have tried numerous other places in Dallas but we just keep coming back here.Special Features:
- wannabfoodieDined on 10/8/2014Confusing with how to order lunch. Meat go to line, salads made at table & sandwiches somewhere in between. Not sure I received the sandwich ordered as on the board said it came with a side, at the counter sides are extra -- confusing. Also, sandwich (prime rib) was very dry and mostly bread. At Lawry's didn't expect to have carry my own plate and work to figure out how to order something -- would be helpful to have instructions printed out for someone to read at the table. Won't go back for a lunch.
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Travis was our waiter He was great Will ask for him againSpecial Features: