Lawry's The Prime Rib - Chicago
100 East Ontario Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3127875000x
- Hours of Operation:
New! Windsor Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Reservations now accepted!
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Victor Newgren
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Dinner "To Go" - Suited for all Home & Office Dining - Please Place your Order Two Business Days Prior. Delivery is Available at an Additional Charge.
- Cross Street: Ontario and Rush Streets
- Public Transit: Easy Access from Michigan Avenue CTA Bus Stops. CTA Red Line stops are conveniently located within blocks of our restaurant at Grand/State and Chicago/State.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available during dinner hours only and can be easily accessed at our front entrance. Valet Rate is $14.
Validated self-parking garages are located at ROW Parking Garage (at 50 East Ohio Street) and Ontario Place Parking Garage (at 10 East Ontario). Rates vary between the two garages, but generally average $12 for three hours of parking, with restaurant validation.
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Chicago
*NOW IN OUR 40TH MAGNIFICENT YEAR ALONG CHICAGO’S MAGNIFICENT MILE.* This Chicago treasure serves Prime Ribs of Beef carved tableside from silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and warm hospitality create an experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists. Enjoy our NEW Windsor Lunch within the beauty of our historic 1890's McCormick Mansion. And Unlocking Soon... SideDoor- a new concept on our Rush Street side, serving Gastro-fare, craft beers, hand-forged cocktails. Look for it in December!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (286)romantic (175)good for groups (116)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (32)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great birthday dinnerFoodieDined on 9/28/2014My boyfriend took me to Lawry's to celebrate my birthday this past Sunday. We had a great time. Good service, delicious food, & great service. The spinning salad...delicious. Prime rib...delicious, tender, good flavor. Creamed spinach and corn were also delicious. I also received a complimentary lemon bundt cake with candles for my birthday and it was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!JnJIncDined on 9/28/2014I've been to two different Lawry's (Chicago and Las Vegas) and while every experience has been good, the Chicago location is amazing. The food, atmosphere and service is as good as you'll find at any top restaurant. From the crab cake appetizers to the prime rib meal and créme brûlée cheesecake for dessert, everyone in our group loved it! Even the side dishes of cream corn and spinach were great. Our server was very attentive and the manager (Alayna (sp?)) even stopped by our table more then once to see how everything was. It feel as though they truly cared about us. We all agreed, it was a meal we will not soon forget. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's 9/28OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014As always, food is excellent. Very disappointed that people were allowed to dine here with vulgar worded t-shirts, torn blue jeans, etc. Are the standards being lowered? If so, very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the very best!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014It's not piled high food, it's not weird combinations of things nor is it adventuresome -- it's just the very best prime rib dinner that has ever been placed on a table.Special Features:
- Classic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/27/2014It had been at least 30 years since we had last been here for dinner. This is a great dining experience that everyone should participate in for some special evening out. The food is great and the service is very good, table side carving and serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014If your in Chicago & love beef this is one place you will not be disappointed. From the service to the food we had an absolutely great evening!Special Features:
- Food great, service okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The food was AMAZING! Both my husband and I had the prime rib and loved it. The service was lacking in what I thought you would get at this price point. Our waitress was slow, forgot us for awhile. I watched as other customers came into the restaurant after us and left before us. We ordered drinks to start but they waitress had to comeback because they were out of the whiskey my husband order, which wasn't a big deal but she had already forgot the type of champagne I order and had to ask again. She also was curt in telling us they were out of the whiskey. I order a coffee with dessert and asked for cream and sugar which she never brought. I finally had to flag down a buss boy and by then my coffee was hardly warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstngDined on 9/22/2014A great dining experience. Outstanding bartender. Service provided by Miss Farmer was excellent.Special Features:
- Best Prime RibDustymVIPDined on 9/21/2014We have been going to this restaurant for 25years. It is consistently good. This is the best prime rib in town, and I've tried them all! Give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodfoxzeeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and great service. Server in the bar area was very accomidating and very helpful.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceGreatFoodButDined on 9/20/2014Food is great, but we had to wait over 30-minutes past our reservation time to be seated. Once seated the server we had, Ms. Hodges, was slow. She disappears taking care of bigger tables and then she rushes back to us. Went on all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed...MP12Dined on 9/20/2014For a restaurant with such a historic reputation, our dining experience was subpar to say the least. Don't get me wrong, the food was excellent every word we heard about the food was right on. However the wait staff service was abysmal. Our server was slow to arrive at the table, once arrived she forgot to take the order of one of the people at the table before quickly disappearing into the back. There were no regular check-in's with how everyone was doing and she attempted to take drinks before they were finished. Lastly, she asked if anyone wanted dessert or after dinner drinks we asked for the menu, and then she disappeared for over 20 minutes leaving us more ready to leave than ready for dessert and after dinner drinks.Special Features:
- Usually lovin it!ChowdownDined on 9/20/2014I love Lawry's Prime Rib, and I particularly like the spinning salad, but I was disappointed this time. Much smaller, missing the tomatoes, less ingredients, as well as less dressing. Our server was also very blasse this time. She was late with requested items, and the flow of the dinner was just not like normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a special occasionTimsReviewDined on 9/19/2014This is the second time in 10 years that we have been here, only because we are not in the area that much. It was excellent. The atmosphere was great. The Prime Rib was great. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super great/excellentfoodieDined on 9/18/2014would certainly return when in Chicago next time. for a special occasion this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The uniform has to goJerwaun81Dined on 9/18/2014Did not like there uniform the lady's. Made me feel like I was in slaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillDined on 9/14/2014We dine here about 4 times a year and it never disappoints. The prime rib is the best you'll find anywhere and the service is always amazing.Special Features:
- So worth it..Stone2626Dined on 9/14/2014We hemmed and hawed about the prices of this restuarant and whether or not we wanted to spend that much but we finally decided to give it a try. We were so happy we did. My family loved the waitress, right off the bat she was lively and colorful and entertaining. The food presentation was fun and overall the whole night was a blast, largely in part to the staff and great food at Lawry's. The next day my 22 year old said "That was amazing!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodmarthaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had to order 6 wines before found one they had. Waitress was fun!Special Features:
- nightout52OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014we had a wonderful experience. I had some trouble cutting my meat and I was given a new piece which was much better! Our server was great and really took care of me what with my allergies to wheat. The atmosphere was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Lawrys is the perfect place to take out of town guests to show off Chicago restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingClaireVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lawry's NEVER disappoints. The food and service are outstanding. I love Raymond, he is always accommodating and I love that the GM walks to ever table to ensure everyone is enjoying their evening. Thank you Lawry's, you are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation fulfillment wasTardyEpicureanDined on 9/12/2014In spite of having a reservation, and we were prompt on our arrival, yet, there was a 25 minute delay in seating us, unacceptable, we were sent to the bar and it took 15 minutes for a bartender to take the drink order, unacceptable, when they, are that backed up, they should have a cocktail waitress and a separate service bar taking care of waiting customers with, or without reservations, this was very poor at best....!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as I remembered itMikeNYCDined on 9/11/2014Unbelievable Prime Rib. Great ambiance and history; great service. Get the Diamond Jim Brady Cut; you can handle it! Be sure to try the creamed spinach and CC Brown hot fudge sundae too. I grew up in Chicago, and used to dine here on special occasions. This meal was better than my fond, fond memories. This is a "must try when in Chicago" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good experienceRosieDined on 9/9/2014We go to Lawry's the prime rib every two years, and each time our guest are impress by the service, the quality and the taste of the ribs. The wine list is also excellent and the dessert are irresistible. We recommend the restaurant to every one like good meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Best prime rib in Chicago! I take my work crew there during the IMTS tool show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecepcionanteLiribeDined on 9/6/2014Tuvimos que esperar 30 minutos a pesar de que teníamos reservación. Al parecer la olvidaron ya que improvisaron una mesa de muy mala calidad.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beromanoffVIPDined on 9/6/2014Not what it used to be. Though friendly, the service was poor - food good, but pricey.Special Features:
- LuvthebestDined on 9/6/2014We go here every year for our anniversary. We enjoy it every time. Food is superb!!!!! Atmosphere is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TonyDined on 9/6/2014We went to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. We had ten in the party and everything was top notch! Definitely a great place for a formal dinner or special occasion!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!OutoftownerDined on 9/5/2014We look forward to dining at Lawry's when in Chicago. The service, food and atmoshere are always outstanding! This visit was for my daughter's birthday and it was once again a wonderful celebration!! We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as usualMarkGDined on 9/5/2014A Chicago tradition. Consistently makes the experience enjoyable. Nothing changes much which adds to its charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - as usualRAK1Dined on 9/3/2014This is our go to spot a couple times a year. Always a treat. Always enjoyable. Always making us eager to return.Special Features:
- JoeBDined on 9/3/2014always a delight with great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Lawry's is one of Chicago's best! The food is excellent, service is outstanding, and we like the more formal atmosphere. Great place to celebrate an anniversary or other special event.Special Features:
- THE place for prime ribEkeckoDined on 9/1/2014If you like prime rib, this is the place to go. The lobster addition was good but not spectacular. If you're hungry, I suggest you get a larger cut of meat and forego the sides.Special Features:
- Prime Rib at Its BestJoelEDined on 8/31/2014Lawry's has the best prime rib!! And...on top of that the service can't be best! And...the ambience is outstanding! One of the best dinners I have ever had!Special Features:
- Best Prime Ribpgr1998VIPDined on 8/31/2014This Restaurant has the best Prime Rib I have ever tasted. It comes with a tossed salad and potatoes. It is carved tableside which adds to the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My group of 5 went to Lawry's for the first time and overall had an enjoyable experience. We took advantage of the August couple special (3 courses for $99 including a bottle of wine). My party enjoyed their meals, especially the au gratin potatoes, the salmon, and the orange Bundt cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town visitorLundigrasdinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful service and great food if you are a meat lover (but there are options for those who are not-one in our party had outstanding crab cakes). Lots of history and tradition to the restaurant and the building which contributes greatly to the atmosphere. I will definitely visit again when I'm in the Chicago area.Special Features: