Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
100 North La Cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3106522827x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Walter Eckstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our professional catering manager and staff can bring Lawry's personalized service, award-winning food and detailed attention to your home or off-site venue. Whether your choose the elegant backdrop of our landmark restaurant or have Lawry's The Prime Rib cater your event at another location, our dedicated manager and staff will oversee all aspects of planning and organizing your event, attending to every detail, and managing your photo opportunities to ensure a lifetime of wonderful memories. Contact Melissa Case, Catering Manager: (310) 360-6281 x5
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
721 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (601)good for groups (284)romantic (261)fit for foodies (182)neighborhood gem (112)notable wine list (111)kid-friendly (76)hot spot (67)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (21)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Too Much BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We could have gotten a better meal at Black Angus or Outback Steakhouse. Meat was fair, Prices were poor, side dishes were average. Lack of flavoring abounded in all dishes. Service was lovely. I took my wife and her friends to Lawry's to celebrate her birthday. The bill came to 271.00 for four people! We didn't finish eating our dinners, as it was tasteless. One last note, no need to adhere to a dress code as they say on their website. We were of the few who dressed "business casual" as recommended. Most other patrons were in shorts and flip flops.
- DisappointedROYBOYVIPDined on 8/31/2014For the first time in 35 years of coming here for special occasions, we were disappointed. The cuts of meat were strangely dissimilar to each other, even though the orders were identical, they were unusually fatty among other things, and I was surprised at how unaccommodating they were to various things (i.e. use of expired vouchers and other little things). The whole experience was just off on a number of matters, which was a problem considering we were celebrating our 34th anniversary and the engagement of our son. Considering we now live far away, it was not worth the effort, or expense, to come or attempt to repeat.Special Features:
- As good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Love this place. Here is nice and fancy restaurant but casual and comfortable. The best Prime Ribs in townSpecial Features:
- MinnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of our places we usually like to go. Not anymore the service was poor.
- Hit or MissdisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Maybe the third times the charm, just saying. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food, close byobergDined on 8/29/2014If u love beef and prime rib is favorite cut then lawrys is the place to be. Great service, friendly atmosphere, good fish, great sides, and awesome prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Prime RibRickNDined on 8/29/2014Went to Lawry's for our wedding anniversary. Our waitress, I think it was Ms Dwyer, actually remembered us from like 2 years ago. Amazing! The food and the service were exemplary. I highly recommend coming here. Since we ordered the August special, a bottle of wine, 2 8-oz prime rib dinners, petite dessert and coffee. That was a deal! We actually got an extra dessert since it was our anniversary. They come over and sing and light a candle for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib in the world!PrimeRibLoverinLADined on 8/29/2014Lawryʻs the Prime Rib in Beverly Hills is the premier restaurant for any prime rib foodie. Itʻs the best, with a history as fantastic as the food is delicious. The service is wonderful. Although traditional in ambience, the servers and personal waiter/waitress make you feel home, in a very rich one! Elegance, fine dining at its best, kind and thoughtful servers (all long-term and loyal employees) who appreciate the diner and make every moment perfect. Iʻve been coming to Lawryʻs for over 40 years, and always there is a consistency of quality food and excellent service. I love showing the place to LA newcomers and visitors alike. Thank you for being a wonderful family business with many firsts for both industry and American history.Special Features:
- A classic placeToothfairyDined on 8/29/2014I highly recommend Lawry's for a great dinner. My husband and I went for the August Special, 2 prime rib dinners including a bottle of the house wine or 2 well drinks, salad, 3 sides, 8 oz of prime rib, and dessert. The service was great. This place is just what you want if you're looking for a classic prime rib dinner.Special Features:
- Must experience it at least once.MrBudgetDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I have been coming here for about 15 years or more. Always excellent service. The food is exquisitely good. Valet parking is very effecient. Soon as you pull into their driverway a valet attendant comes immediately to assist you. Never a wait over a minute because they have several attendants. Inside is very pleasant and the restrooms are very clean. Its like being in a 5 star hotel. There's a bar you can wait in or another room that has free hot appetizers before your table is ready. I suggest you make reservations in advance because they are always busy 7 days aweek otherwise, you could be waiting for a table for a while. Everyone that works there is attentive. Price for two is about $150 if no alcohol on the average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Lawry'sRichyVIPDined on 8/26/2014I am busy and still wanted to say we love Lawry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLD WORLD ElegancePSmithVIPDined on 8/26/2014It's been years since I stepped foot into Lawry's on La Cienega. It is as though I stepped into a time capsule. A wonderful time in space. Elegant, proper, staff in uniform that I haven't seen in many years, the famous rolling carts of Prime Rib and goodies! All as I remember, thank you for not changing! Excellent PRib, the Spinning Salad, and the creamed corn or the spinach fluff, my, my! And dessert, apple pie! This was fitting celebration of my 62 birthday! Thank you to the staff and the chefs at Lawry's Prime Rib!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always an experiencebloves2eatDined on 8/26/2014I always enjoy the "frozen in time" vibe at Lawrey's. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised at the poor state of the bar. They would do themselves a solid if they had a mixologist behind it instead of someone who barely knows how to pour a glass of wine. They need to bring the lights down a bit, too. Getting a bit bright in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and dining experienceAusRiaDined on 8/25/2014A friend recommended Lawry's to us and so we decided to try it out while we were visiting LA (we're all from Australia). I can't remember the name of our waiter (I think it was Mike or Mark) but he was very attentive, friendly, and had impeccable customer service. Would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone - the steak we had was the best we've ever eaten anywhere in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true classicElegantDined on 8/24/2014This classic Beverly Hills restaurant delivers in all areas. The food ,ambiance and service are are spectacular. If you are trying to impress this is the placeSpecial Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I've been eating at lawrys since 1993 and it's always consistently good quality and serviceSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/23/2014Our server was fantastic. Had her before and her service hasn't changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditionally excellent!ReneeDined on 8/23/2014We had the most wonderful time at Lawry's. It takes us an hour to drive there and it was worth every minute. The food is impeccable outstanding as is the service. Every morsel is delicious!Special Features:
- DisappointingLindaCarolDined on 8/23/2014Food quality was not what we had experienced in the past. My entire party got ill. I will never go back...
- akajh43Dined on 8/23/2014I was disappointed during my recent visit to Lawry's. I've been to Lawry's 5 or 6 times in the past, but this was the first visit in about 5 years. We were led to a dining room (not one of the main dining rooms) that was jammed with tables. I'd never seen this room before, and I wonder if it previously had another use. The dining room was so crowded that the spinning salad card couldn't get close to our table; nor could the carving cart--which are both great to watch. The waiter didn't approach our table for 10-15 minutes. And the only time we saw the charming aproned waitress which Lawry's is know for, was to spin the salad, and clear the salad plates. The waiter was average, nothing special. The prime rib had gristle.Special Features:
- gottaeatDined on 8/23/2014We had not been to Lawry's for 6-8 months, but enjoy it and the other restaurants connected in the group. The service is always exceptional and the food cannot be surpassed. It is indeed a value, and a bargain when they have their specials, such as they had this month of August.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFICENTMarkjamesDined on 8/22/2014It was my first time in Lawry´s. My God, the Prime Rib is the best I ever had... The service was impeccable and the experience overall was MAGNIFICENT.Special Features:
- Raging Waters in Beverly HillsDeserttrojanDined on 8/22/2014Very very rude Carver he bumped his cart into our table and multiple glasses of water spilled all over my lap. He didn't even apologize no comment he only told the ancillary help to clean it up. After bringing multiple cloth napkins to soak up the water the ancillary didn't even bother to change the tablecloth. Soaked and wet he just pushed the table right back to out waist level....Manager appeared inexperienced in handling situations such as this.... Very disappointing for such a high-end restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesPedroTMightyDined on 8/21/2014Larry's is always one of our go to places. The food is great and the old style atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:
- birthday partyLasttimeDined on 8/21/2014Our family has gone to Lawry's for years, celebrating birthdays anniversary's and just to eat prime rib. This time, might have been our last time. We were so disappointed. Everything changed The spinach wasn't creamy like it used to be, and the meat was definitely not mouthwatering as in the past, and dry. The prime rib was not only tough, it was missing that lawrys flavor. So disappointed our family of 8 celebrating my Dad's 85th birthday was not what we had expected.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 8/21/2014Lawry's always lives up to its reputation! The friendliness, service and quality are top notch.Special Features:
- long long waitlaker24Dined on 8/19/2014Everything was good except the wait staff. They were nice but each waiter had way too many tables and I had to wait 10 to 15 minutes to speak to my waiter. Because of that we ended up spending extra 30 minutes at the restaurant. Bad experience.Special Features:
- Never disappointedLolaDined on 8/18/2014I have been coming to Lawry's since I was a little girl, and my children have been coming since they were babies. They are now 21 and 16, they chose to come any chance they get. The staff is always welcoming and extremely nice and helpful from the valet, hostess/host, waitress/waiter, chef and the kitchen staff KUDO's to management for keeping the Customer first!!!Special Features:
- Great PlaceGeorgeLinMSTCPADined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy our visit here and this was no different. Everything about this place is POSITIVE! The only NEGATIVE about the night was the noise level in the back room where we dined. There were two large Asian groups, Korean and Chinese. They talked so loud that it was difficult to hear our own conversation. I am wondering what the European family thought? I can say this about the Asian groups because my family is Asian and we sometimes talk loud when there is a large group dining at an AYCE place. next time I will request to dine in the main dining room. As for the selection of food, it was nice. For a non meat eater, they do have a salmon dinner plate that is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "OUR SPECIAL PLACE"THOMASHENRYDined on 8/17/2014Wife and I have been going to Lawry's for more than the 52 years we have been married. Part of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2jonjonDined on 8/17/2014The service was great once we were seated and the food was really good. Our waitress was extremely friendly and made the evening enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Always a great mealBananieVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went to Lawry's this time around for the August $99 for 2 Deal and what a deal it was! Fantastic deal/wonderful food and superb service! We love Lawry's!Special Features:
- The prime rib was amazing.QueenDined on 8/17/2014Our experience was very pleasant our server was very informative and professional we had a wonderful evening although dinner was expensive it was worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic dining!TrojanCRXDined on 8/17/2014Elegance, a la old school dining. Where else are you served incredibly delicious beef from shiny rolling carts, tableside? Could I eat like this everyday? Maybe if I hit the lottery first. But as an unbelievably indulgent evening of glamorously decadent classic prime rib.....wake me when my food coma is over. There is a certain elegance to the place. parquet wood floors, brass, chandeliers, tapestry-covered walls, dark portraits here and there. And then there is the staff, in suits, in starched white collars and standup caps that are probably the same as the day the place opened. Yes, this is the real deal, and worth every penny.Special Features:
- luvitalianDined on 8/16/2014Delish as usual. will definitely make a return trip.Special Features:
- Great foodFamilyDined on 8/16/2014Food was amazing!! Nine of us went for dinner and everyone one of us enjoyed our dinner with no complaints. The waitress was amazing and they did a special celebration for my dad's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yearly GatheringNewUCLAMomVIPDined on 8/16/2014Every year for many years, a group of long-time friends has had dinner at Lawry's to celebrate group birthdays and anniversaries. It's always such a treat to have dinner at Lawry's. It's something we all look forward to and now our children look forward to going to Lawry's with us. The waitresses are always so nice and professional. The August $99 dinner for two this year was a special that was well worth it.Special Features:
- L.A. Visit 8-16-14Jtam47Dined on 8/16/2014Always a great meal. We were on vacation from Chicago. Every time we vacation in Los Angeles, our last night dinner is always at Lawry's. As always, great food & service !Special Features:
- VIPDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is the first time we have dined at the original Lawry's in Beverly Hills. We had a great time. Our server made our experience very enjoyable and filled us in on the history. We had the special August meal for two that came with a bottle of wine and dessert that was exceedingly reasonably priced. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- ...great as usual !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Nothing more to say... food and service is the best as always.I would recommend this to a friend.