Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
100 North La Cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: (310) 652-2827
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Walter Eckstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our professional catering manager and staff can bring Lawry's personalized service, award-winning food and detailed attention to your home or off-site venue. Whether your choose the elegant backdrop of our landmark restaurant or have Lawry's The Prime Rib cater your event at another location, our dedicated manager and staff will oversee all aspects of planning and organizing your event, attending to every detail, and managing your photo opportunities to ensure a lifetime of wonderful memories. Contact Melissa Case, Catering Manager: (310) 360-6281 x5
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
609 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (515)good for groups (270)romantic (213)fit for foodies (187)notable wine list (134)neighborhood gem (99)kid-friendly (67)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (22)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (16)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- A classic...always greatLaFoodLoverVIPDined on 11/25/2014I have been going to Lawry's for decades. It's a classic and one of my favorites. I love the bread, the salad, the prime rib, the vegetables, the mashed potatoes, the Yorkshire pudding, and the desserts. I love the spinning salad bowl and that the meat is carved table side. I even think it is reasonably priced. My only gripe is the time it takes for the car to be brought up from valet...it can take a LONG time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/24/2014The prime rib is usually better. It was very fatty. Also our server forgot the bread, and the horseradish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My medium prime rib was just "ok".KenHoffmannDined on 11/24/2014My wife enjoyed her rare prime rib while my prime rib was just "ok". The cut had alot of grizzle andI ended up giving about half to my dog. He seemed to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib extraordinaryrichDined on 11/23/2014My wife and I and another couple went to Lawry's the other night and it's easy to see why the restaurant has been around for 75 years. The restaurant decor is beautiful, the service is great and the food is as always excellent. Perfect prime rib and all the fixings and we also had a petite lobster tail which was very good. This is a wonderful place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningJimDined on 11/22/2014I keep coming back to Lawry's every time I get the chance to, since I was 14 and came with my parents. Now I'm 72 and I bring my daughters and their families and the place is better than ever. Not only the best prime rib and the best ambiance and attention, but also the best memories. Thank you for so much of Lawry's is in mu life and history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everyone should have the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/20/2014Excellent services food is awesome. Pricy but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...CommanderCoolDined on 11/18/2014Everything was great except for the fact that they do not offer rare prime rib. Rare doesn't mean raw, but my husband and I like a really pink prime rib. When asked for rare, the cuts that we got were closer to medium rare to medium. They had a lot of flavor though, and were still good, but you would expect to get the cut you want at such an expensive steakhouse. However, that's our only complaint. The complimentary meatballs and homemade potato chips they offer in the lounge/waiting area are delicious. (Try not to get full off of that). The spinning salad, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding, peas, trifle and hot fudge sundae are wonderful. Of the two desserts, go for the trifle. The customer service was exceptional. I would've rated it 5 out of 5 if it weren't for the fact that we didn't get our preferred cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something is lost...SeanDined on 11/18/2014Greeter who took us to our table never smiled and when we said we did not like to sit by kitchen, she seemed annoyed. She simply said to come back with her and did not say anything. We then had to wait without any explanation for 10 mins to get an another table. The place was half full and it was at 5:30, I did not think this was way to get us a new table. Also, the prime rib was luke warm and the lobster was chewy and salty. Not a good experience.Special Features:
- Delicious prime rib and great serviceLAFoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014Lawry's has always been known for their prime rib, and they certainly didn't disappoint. The prime rib is cut right in front of you - and you get a slice from a rib that is done the way you like it, whether it's well, medium, or rare. So tender, so tasty. And don't forget Lawry's signature salad, tossed in a bowl spinning on ice. The English trifle is a great dessert - not too heavy, just the right finish to a perfect meal. And the service is impeccable - from the waiters who are friendly and cordial, to the bussers who magically appear when you need more water or when your plate needs clearing. We heard many "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Anniversary" songs being sung by the staff. But Lawry's is not just a place to go for special occasions (although it's probably a bit too expensive to have every week). If you want to eat amazing prime rib in a beautiful, old dining room with great service - go to Lawry's! P.S. while you're waiting for your table, they have free potato chips and meatballs in the lobby. They should package and sell the chips - they're amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service, except a bit crowded andBryantDined on 11/16/2014Good food, great service, except a bit crowded andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very old schoolcommerciallorriDined on 11/15/2014Lawry's is the perfect place for a true old school carnivore. This is a meat and potatoes kind of place. Everything from the wait staff introducing themselves using Mr. or Ms. and their sir name, to the uniforms from a different era. The salad is prepared with flair table side and a carver in a tall chef hat slices your prime rib to order right from a cart in front of you. Everything comes with salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, and Yorkshire pudding. Also from the carving cart you can get creamed spinach, creamed corn or peas. Very few people leave without a Togo bag. It is a true experience and in my opinion a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!ReneeDined on 11/15/2014Always excellent. This is our special occasion go to place. Service outstanding. Food super yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So specialHopeDined on 11/15/2014Excellent waiting staff. Very attentive. We love this restaurant and it is always special when we go. Our boys always want to go with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service a special occasionSpecialDined on 11/15/2014I took my fiancé her for her birthday. She had never been to Lawry's before but her favorite dish is prime rib. She came away feeling she had had the best prime rib ever. She said that Lawry's was now her restaurant of choice for all her special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion dinnerSpankdaddyoDined on 11/15/2014Lawry's is a great special occasion dinner place. I say special occasion because it does put a dent in the normal working class type's budget. Well worth the cost, unfortunately can't do it that often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversay dinerGolfworldchampionship2014Dined on 11/15/2014Reservation set for 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon our name was called at 4:40 p.m. I was pleased they have a comfortable waiting room and bar area while you wait . Staff was very friendly made you feel welcomed and service was just as pleasant. Definitely will be returning in the near future with family members so that they also experience the GREAT FOOD & friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timeless classic but slippingRubyJacksonDined on 11/13/2014The food here was delicious, with the exception of the Yorshire pudding. A bit dry. The beef was excellent and the salad is one of a kind. The cut of prime rib was a bit on the thin side, and I actually sent mine back and asked for another slice, as my slice started out about 1/2 inch thick and tapered off to paper thin. A very uneven cut. My friend's slice was on the thin side, too, but at least it was even thickness. Our waitress was great, great attitude, however with the abundance of Travelzoo customers (on a Thursday night!) there for the special, I think she got a bit overwhelmed and we didn't see her for a while near the end of our meal. Dessert was good but the coffee was lukewarm. My biggest complaint is the lack of dress code. I thought this was supposed to be a classy place, I wore a cute dress, but the man sitting next to me was in shorts and a tee shirt that had an advertisement on it. Tacky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the prime ribdiamondbakrDined on 11/11/2014I got the ribeye, which I was disappointed in. Aside from that, everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedTwinksterVIPDined on 11/11/2014This was a first class restaurant. Lauren our waitress was a gem. All the support staff was attentive and helpful. The food absolutely fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VictoriaVictoriaDined on 11/11/2014Dining room is beautiful, relaxing and quiet. Food was great. Service was excellent, until the food was served. After that, our server seemed to ignore us in favor of catering to other nearby tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowCdffiremedicDined on 11/10/2014Simple and limited menu, but why would you come here for anything other than prime rib? Great service, amazing cocktails (try the Moscow Mule) and simple ingredient dishes that are done the way they were meant to be. You wind find Madagascar vanilla crusted Ahi here, just Lawry's seasoned prime rib, lumpy mashed potatoes (like LEGIT MASHED POTATOES!) and simple yet delicious side dishes (creamed corn is super good). We had the English trifle for desert and it was amazing, fresh not overly sweet berries, and a clotted cream that was just a hint sweet..very well done!! We will definitely be back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Lawry'syum4usDined on 11/9/2014My family has been coming to Lawry's for special occasions for decades (!), even back to the days when it was across the street. It has the old world elegance in the bar area and there are ample appetizers. We never have to wait more than a few minutes after our arrival and the service is just the same as always. My grandchildren have been coming to Lawry;s since they were toddlers and my oldest son remembers coming there as a small boy. The prime rib is always excellent, along with my favorite creamed spinach but the creamed corn is also a great addition. Is this a place for "foodies"? I don't think so. It is not gourmet cuisine and the atmosphere in the dining room is crowded. I remember when we dressed up to go to lawry;s. Now anything goes but that is the way of the world. We recently celebrated my granddaughter's 21st birthday with a big family group and we had a great meal and a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Although we had made reservations, we had to wait 30 minutes and for that reason I cannot give this review a higher rating. What's the purpose of making a reservation if you cannot be seated timely?Special Features:
- First Time at Lawry's Prime RibOCguyDined on 11/9/2014We had a party of 5 to celebrate my son's birthday. The ambiance of the place was very interesting. Our waitress was very nice, very knowledgable, and told us a lot about the history and how meals were served back then and now. The food was good, the experience was fun. It was quite expensive, however. For that reason, I would only go back there on very special occasions. It was also a little annoying that the check printed out a couple of "suggested gratuity" values that started at 18% and went up, trying to intimidate you into digging even deeper into your pocket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014What a great time celebrating....Yummy and plentiful food !
- Always enjoyablelike2eatDined on 11/8/2014I visit Lawrys for special occasions and just because. I have never had a negative experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still The Best Prime RibrandomvisitorDined on 11/8/2014Came back after 20+ years and this place has not chance a bit; great service, great prime rib. Although they have added more selection to the menu, but prime rib is still the best. We mentioned to our host it was our wedding anniversary but my wife could not drink so our waitress prepared apple cider for her and champagne for me. Very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Wonderfulgr8diningDined on 11/8/2014I had my 39th birthday dinner with my wife at Lawry's and I enjoyed every moment. From the time we pulled into the valet, to the moment we entered through the doors, the staff was great. The food was exceptional, great service all around with a prime location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime RibKristaDined on 11/7/2014The staff is incredibly attentive and informative. The prime rib is tender, juicy and flavorful. The sides (mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, creamed corn) pair perfectly with anything you get. No matter how full you are I recommend getting a dessert. Ladies, use caution if you wear high heels. The floors are heavily waxed to allow booth tables to slide out for seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2014We brought our conference volunteer staff to Lawry's - 16 people! We were seated promptly and the service was of course, impeccable. Food was wonderful as usual. You can never miss with Lawry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/7/2014Lawry's is our favorite restaurant. great for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Prime Rib!Aldl6Dined on 11/7/2014If you love prime rib this is the place. None better! Our server Johnny D was great too! It is expensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Amazing Prime RibDelishPrimeRibDined on 11/7/2014Service was great. The ambiance was very generous. Food was out of this world. I had the Lawry's cut and every piece was just mouth savoring and melted in my mouth. The meat is so tender and tasty that I wish I could have it every day.Special Features:
- Classic Prime Rib restaurantluvdiningwithwifeDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I made a reservation at Lawry's for our anniversary. Neither of us had previously dined there however the reviews we read were very positive. Lawry's is an iconic Prime Rib server since 1938. Apparently Lawry's originated the stainless steel serving ovens on wheels in 1938 and are still using them today. Our server and her assistants were excellent. We both really enjoyed the Prime Rib. The meal comes with a choice of two sides unlike other restaurants where everything is ala cart.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantJillakinsDined on 11/6/2014Being a native of California, I grew up with Lawry's. To this day I enjoy Lawry's just as much if not more than when I was a child. The Lawry's standard has not missed a beat in all of the years that I have been coming here (I am 67 years old.) The other night we just felt like a great piece of prime rib and we know that we can always count on Lawry's for consistency. Our salad was fresh and crisp, our prime rib was cooked perfectl and we had creamed corn and asparagus. The cream corn is the best and the asparagus were perfectly cooked. Our food was wonderful as was the service. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- meat loverpreciousDined on 11/5/2014Great dinner - great service - a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat meat meatBheaterVIPDined on 11/4/2014Now if hu can not deal with meat think ok but this is really heaven for meat eaters.. The silver carts that appear in front of you and ask. What size hunk do u want.. omg heaven. The cream spinach with mashed potatoes. Another omg.. Now they do have a choice of fish or salmon.. But hey u went to a sensational pei w rib place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak!!FlavagalDined on 11/3/2014I have been to many restaurants who claim to be a steak house but Lawry's steak was the best I have ever had. I ordered the 12 oz Rib Eye and my husband ordered the Prime Rib. The meat was perfectly cooked and melted in my mouth. Also, both meals came with a delicious salad and sides. With all that food we got with the sides, the price was reasonably too. I would highly recommend Lawry's if you want a perfectly cooked steak or prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best21birthdayDined on 11/2/2014Our waiter was excellent The best I have had at Lawry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Our experience at Lawry's was fantastic! The service was and always is over the top. We had a little accident at the table and our server took care of everything immediately. The food was perfect and the atmosphere was just wonderful. Always a special place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.