Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
100 North La Cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3106522827x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Walter Eckstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our professional catering manager and staff can bring Lawry's personalized service, award-winning food and detailed attention to your home or off-site venue. Whether your choose the elegant backdrop of our landmark restaurant or have Lawry's The Prime Rib cater your event at another location, our dedicated manager and staff will oversee all aspects of planning and organizing your event, attending to every detail, and managing your photo opportunities to ensure a lifetime of wonderful memories. Contact Melissa Case, Catering Manager: (310) 360-6281 x5
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
722 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (601)good for groups (305)romantic (265)fit for foodies (200)notable wine list (140)neighborhood gem (119)kid-friendly (77)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (24)late-night find (24)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- LawrysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Always the best Prime Rib. A unique dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Best prime rib in the country. Don't go there for anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014If you love Prime Rib, this is a place you need to experience. There other menu items are limited, but their specialty is the Prime Rib and it is great. They carve it right at your table from beautiful art deco serving carts. The standard meal includes French bread, a great salad (they spin the bowl in ice at your table when adding the dressing), mashed potatoes and gravy, and Yorkshire pudding. Additional sides are extra but I personally love the creamed corn. The standard meal is a good value for this type of dining. When you start adding drinks, side dishes, appetizers and desserts, of course it can really add up. Although it is a big restaurant, it is very quiet and the atmosphere is elegant. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Wonderful Old School MealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/13/2014Multi-generational birthday party - in a perfect environment for dressed up kids. Food was wonderful (with notably moderate salt levels), the space was charming and reminded me of special birthdays and occasions when I was a kid, without being stuffy or inhospitable to my kids including a restless 2 year old. The star, besides the prime rib, was the wonderfully attentive service.Special Features:
- Lawry's The Prime Rib - BHeb3reviewDined on 10/13/2014Phenomenal! One of the best restaurants, by far, for service, special treatment, friendliness, amazing staff, and outstanding food! There literally are not enough superlatives to describe how awesome! EXTREMELY impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food and Servicedjv1Dined on 10/12/2014From the moment we walked in the door, we were not left unattended until our food arrived. We arrived a half hour prior to our reservation yet were promptly seated. Our waitress appeared almost instantly to introduce herself, deliver menus, and make sure we had anything we needed. Within a few minutes she was back to take our drink order, answer our questions regarding our meal selection, offer suggestions and take our order. A few minutes more and she returned with our drinks. After a short time our meal arrived at which time we were left to quietly enjoy our meal without further interruption. The prime rib and salmon were prepared perfectly, the coffee and dessert trifle were perfect. The entire experience was unforgettable.Special Features:
- GOOD OLD DAYSPKIMDined on 10/12/2014We had a little difficulty understanding buss boys. The foreign accents were hard for us to understand. Management should consider their English level who interface with dinner guests. We are dinner guests for Lawry's almost fifty years, good foods, nice environment, old days, we used to see Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra and his gangs. We know the place from old across the street. Christmas and Rose bowl are another big events for Lawry's. Tried other Lawry's out of town, but they are not like one in Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014Arrived on and was seated within 5 minutes. Serve was great and answered all questions. The prime rib was tasty and tender.Special Features:
- Lost It's MojoEatsoutalotDined on 10/11/2014I've been to this restaurant before and had a much better experience and quality of food. On this recent and now I intend it to be my last visit to Lawry's, the server was short and curt when responding to questions. My meat had to be replaced three times before it was even edible. It was not a melt in your mouth experience. I had to force myself to eat because I was hungry. They drowned the plate in aux jus. I felt like I was having soup instead of prime rib. It was much more like a trip to a crowded tourist fair instead of fine dining faire. At $147 for two people (which I wouldn't mind if the food and experience was great) I will NEVER go again. My old fond memory of great experiences at Lawry's has vanished. A shame but they lost me!
- Still the king of prime ribmagpieDined on 10/11/2014Sure, Lawry's has been around for over 75+ years, but it is still the best prime rib around. Timeless and classy, it is what you expect from the experts of cooking prime rib.Special Features:
- Can always depend on Lawry'sJimbo88Dined on 10/11/2014There are very few places in LA where you can get a great meal and service like Lawry's. The Prime Rib is the best in LA along with the top notch wait staff you have a guaranteed great evening. If you don't have reservations be prepared for a long wait, so make sure you plan accordingly! The only negative comment was it seems the salad was a little lax this trip, but probably since I was in a large group of 15.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerdiningdelightVIPDined on 10/11/2014My son and I took my husband to Lawrys as a surprise for his birthday. He was thrilled to go to Lawrys as it's one of his favorite restaurants. From the drinks at the bar with appetizers, to the fabulous dinner, to the unforgettable desserts, everything was wonderful. The food just seemed extra delicious last night. We truly enjoyed our evening. The service we received was outstanding. Our waitress was so much fun, and so good at her job. Then her assistant was right on top of things, and we didn't have to wait for anything. Everyone working there is so polite, and makes you feel that they are so happy that you're there. All around, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Another wonderful experiencesonnysatsDined on 10/11/2014As parents of small children, our time away from the kids is few and far between. We choose our places to dine with care and great thought. So, when we choose to spend our evening often times at Lawry's, it should be known what a great job they do and how much we appreciate the place. Ms. Yi is our favorite server and we always request her. Along with Ms. Sandra, they always make us feel welcome and are very attentive. The food is always fantastic as there is something to be said about a place that focuses on one main dish and makes it perfectly. The creamed corn is excellent and we never leave without having the hot fudge sundae.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veeery Disappointing!!!norog1Dined on 10/11/2014We went for a BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY.....got all dressed up for the occasion...Lawry's was NOT THE PLACE!!!! Jammed Parking, We were over dressed everyone else was under dressed....Jammed Dining Room with Screaming Kids, Baad Food, hard meat, runny potatoes, re-heated Yorkshire cut into hard strips....It felt like a Bad Night out at Knotts Berry Farm...only here it cost over $400. for 6 people...we won't recommend it!
- Yummy!TexasGirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014My dad is a prime rib lover. It is his favorite meal. I received the name of this restaurant as a recommendation from a friend who did not know that my dad was a prime rib afficianado. The food is great! The meat, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and sticky toffee pudding are out of this world! The service was also awesome! The historic wait staff uniforms and metal carts add to the atmosphere. I had no idea about all the history behind this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lawry's is always goodBarbaraDined on 10/10/2014So many good restaurants in LA. But some are a "must go to". Lawry's is one of them. Yes, it is expensive, but the food is always excellent and the service outstanding and the restaurant decor is wonderful. This is one of the restaurants you want to take out-of-town guests to.Special Features:
- Dining here for decadesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014My wife and I and our family have been dining here since the 70s. It has always been a great dining experience. The prime rib is excellent and the service is friendly and professional. It is in our top 5 dining places world wide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceArgentinesteakloverVIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was awful and almost non-existent - the food average at best - the personnel non-caring and the cost too expensive For the price the management needs to train their employees better
- Lawry's is the bestDeliciousDined on 10/10/2014Dining at Lawry's is not just about the food. It is also about the old-style feeling and the outstanding service you will receive there. Of course, the food is a stand out. I always get a craving for the spinning bowl salad with Lawry's special French dressing. And no one does prime rib better! We live about an hour away, so we only go to Lawry's for special occasions. If I lived closer, I would definitely go more often. One of my all time favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Prime RibLunchDined on 10/8/2014The prime rib and creamed corn are delicious and the service was great. We had wanted to eat here for some time and we are glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlohaDined on 10/5/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday. Our server was "top-notch" and very attentive to our needs and timing. The prime rib was the best we've had recently! The lobster dinner was great, perfectly cooked and not overdone. Overall, a great time was had by all.Special Features:
- Always excellent!PalmRegularsDined on 10/5/2014I hadn't been to Lawry's for a couple of years due to a relocation, but Lawry's did not disappoint and lived up to my wonderful memories of past visits. The prime rib was wonderful as always and the service was warm and friendly. Although I was alone for this visit, Lawry's remains the perfect place to dine alone, as a couple for a special occasion or to bring the whole extended family for a celebration. One difference that I did notice is that the front desk staff seems to have changed and is much more hospitable than in the past.Special Features:
- Delicious!MychaelaDined on 10/5/2014As always the service was outstanding, food and drinks scrumptious! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!GLTsCculinaryCommentsDined on 10/5/2014Lawry's is the only restaurant where I will order prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesnzzyDined on 10/4/2014This has been our go to place for all those special celebration. The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Quality of servicexrayDined on 10/4/2014We have dined at Lawry's for over 45 years. For the past several years, the quality of the prime rib has come down from outstanding to good. There is just too much fat, the the meat is not as tender. What is most disappointing is the service. It use to be the servers were well trained and made you feel welcomed and appreciated. The quality of service is not what I would expect from a Beverly Hills restaurant. No smile, you have to help the server distribute drinks, the servers does not know who ordered what, you have to call the server if you want something, and the amount on the bill was incorrect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always superbglutenfreelifeDined on 10/4/2014lawry's is the place. that is all you need to know. delicious, delicious, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So tasty, so good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014service was great and the food so good and consistent.Special Features:
- Purrrfect Prime RibRogerADined on 10/4/2014The perfect restaurant for Prime Rib lovers. It's so good when you order Prime Rib anywhere else it's just dead-cowSpecial Features:
- Juicy Prime Rib DinnerLAfoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014this is the 3rd time here and they honor a USC football ticket free upgrade cut of meat. The salad is delicious the service is great and excellent wine selection :) the main dining area is very nice and grand and always makes me feel comfortable. Service was great and highly recommend the English Cut 3 slices b/c less fatty meat and easier to eat. the yorkshire pudding is so AMAZING!! Great spot for a group too. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Daughter's 14th BirthdayCinderellaDined on 10/3/2014We came here to celebrate my daughter's 14th birthday. There were 10 of us. We had a nice large table with ample room for everyone to enjoy their meal. The place was extremely busy. Our waiter though nice enough took a long time to bring our second round of drinks. I had to ask another waiter if he could check on them for us. Shortly after our drinks came. When we first sat down it also took him a long time to come to the table and introduce himself and take our drink orders and explain the ordering. This is a meat and starch type of place as the name indicates. Only 2 vegetarian dishes available; spinach and cheese ravioli or salmon. I give them 2 stars for that. Would it be too much to have one chicken dish? Overall pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent dependableBittersweetDined on 10/2/2014A place I call home, knowing I can always expect excellence.Special Features:
- great time!!hyperrex8Dined on 10/2/2014Had a great time at lawrys!! Especially being mine and my fiance's first time, the food was great the service excellent, our server walked us through the whole process on how the cuts would be served and I loved how they stick to tradition!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night at Lawry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014My recolection of our evening at Lawry's steak house in Beverly Hills was awesome.Special Features:
- First Time at Lawry'sCardinalProDined on 10/2/2014Took a customer from visiting from Australia, we all enjoyed the time at Lawry's , he asked for a business card from Lawry's to take his wife there the following day. Nice ambience, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best PRIME RIB in LA!WhwriterVIPDined on 10/1/2014My server, Ms. Cody, was excellent and spending my birthday dinner at Lawry's is a tradition I always want to make. Zim the bartender made a terrific Bloody Mary and was excellent company until I was called to my table. I had the Jim Brady cut and the prime rib was out of this world. I love the hot bread and butter and the beauty of the restaurant which reminds me of London. I WILL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime RibJordiDined on 9/29/2014Been to Lawry's many years ago, and now that I returned it was as good as I remembered, the prime rib was perfect, we ordered the Lawrys cut with two lobster tails and everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- princess1Dined on 9/29/2014Got seated immediately. The waiter was very friendly. He was good in explaining the menu. He made us a beautiful spinning salad. The carver came around to our table to serve us our meal. He was also very friendly he explained about the process of how the food was prepared and how they have the special steamer carts to keep the food warm. I picked this place because it was s friends birthday. She thought it was wonderful. They also gave us dessert and sang happy birthday. It was a great.Special Features:
- Foxy66Dined on 9/29/2014I have dined at Lawry's many years ago and always found the food to be excellent. So a friend and I decided to go this past week. Our server was outstanding, energetic and what I considered a great representative for Lawry's. However, for the price we found the prime rib to be just okay, and the creamed spinach was to garlicky (and I love garlic!). The best thing on the plate was the mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding and the salad. I also gave the ambiance a good mark because of the decor which I really liked.
- From a Cheaper Perspective.YourAverageAngelenoDined on 9/28/2014Lawry's is definitely one of the best places I've been to when it comes to food and service in the Los Angeles area. Food: Impeccable. I appreciate how they stay true to the name and serve great cuts of meat, but also have comparable non-meat alternatives for those who choose otherwise. Service: Definitely different than your average restaurant. They make sure to go out of their way to make you feel like royalty. It also remains true to its service origins, courtesy and all. However, if you're not pulling up in a Bentley, rocking that real Chanel purse, or walking up in a fresh pair of kicks, you best believe you will get some looks of disapproval from other patrons. But don't be discouraged; the restaurant itself maintains its class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.