Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
100 North La Cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3106522827x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Walter Eckstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our professional catering manager and staff can bring Lawry's personalized service, award-winning food and detailed attention to your home or off-site venue. Whether your choose the elegant backdrop of our landmark restaurant or have Lawry's The Prime Rib cater your event at another location, our dedicated manager and staff will oversee all aspects of planning and organizing your event, attending to every detail, and managing your photo opportunities to ensure a lifetime of wonderful memories. Contact Melissa Case, Catering Manager: (310) 360-6281 x5
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
730 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (609)good for groups (306)romantic (266)fit for foodies (197)notable wine list (131)neighborhood gem (114)kid-friendly (76)hot spot (65)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (25)great for brunch (25)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Best steak house in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The primerib melts in your mouth and the food that goes with it is as good as well. The service is great . I was not expecting the warmth reception of everybody since it is located in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014This was my first time here and despite the cost I am ready to come back real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's Still Stands OutAmyDinMVVIPDined on 9/27/2014In a market crowded with expensive, special occaision restaurants, Lawry's still stands out. No other place makes you feel excited and special. Upon entering you know you are in a place where the staff have mastered the art of service. How do they find such excellent staff who make you feel like you are in a formal, fabulous setting, yet still amongst close friends who want to make the experience relaxing and enjoyable? The service here is really an art form. The food of course is just excellent. Somehow the find the prime rib that never has gristle or too much fat. The creamed corn is in a class by itself. We will be back again, and again!Special Features:
- Very OrdinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Ambience was handsome. Th snacks while waiting with a drink were just plain ordinary. The meal was a genuine disappointment: altho the meat was good (not great), the salad was tired . Most disappointing was the presentation from the carving cart, the food simply plopped onto the plate. Most importantly the server reached across us, and so hurried us, that I had to ask her to slow the pace. definitely not a fine dining experience:I felt like I was in a pretty good cafeteria,at bestSpecial Features:
- The best!ScottCVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary, and Lawry's and Miss Sargent made it a wonderful, memorable evening. All of the servers there are great, but we always ask for Miss Sargent.
- great placesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014my wife and I really enjoy our experience at Lawry's it was our 44th wedding anniversy and a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Always great prime rib! A bit disappointed with ribeye steak--not marbled enough for rib eye. Will stick with prime rib next time; it's always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Our waitress wasn't the greatest. Only checked up on us once throughout the meal to ask how it was. There was even a time when she checked the two tables next to us how they were doing but decided to skip on us. Decided that the food was great but the service is horrible, so I would never come here again.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014We always make it a point to dine at Lawry's whenever we go to Southern California. We live in Oregon and there is no restaurant that even comes close to severing the prime rib like Lawry's. The spinning salad, it definitely amazing!!!Special Features:
- We celebrated our birthdaysMeilanDined on 9/22/2014We were waited on by great people. We enjoyed our meal with great company. Thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Now that ribeye and salmon is included menu is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysSCP2013VIPDined on 9/20/2014great server and the food was so yummy we had a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!AnjanetteDined on 9/20/2014It's a bit pricey, but well worth it. I don't think I've ever had better prime rib. I don't typically order prime rib as I tend to prefer fillets and rib-eyes, but I thought I'd try it being that this was their specialty and they did not disappoint. The sides are good too, and plentiful. Mashed potatoes and cream corn were fantastic. I love that they carve your prime rib right in front of you as well. If I could afford it, I would eat here at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is decliningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I've been to Lawry's three times in the past six months, and each time I've had an issue. First time, they misread the tip amount and overcharged me (even though the total listed on the bottom of the receipt should have clued them in). Second time, they didn't send over the birthday dessert (instead putting a candle on the dessert we already ordered), but we were full from dinner so I didn't hold it against them. Third time, server forgot to bring over tomatoes for the salad, never mentioned it again, and didn't bother checking in with us during our meal. I'm going to stop going to Lawry's and spend my money elsewhere.
- Lawry's never disappointsSherieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I celebrated my birthday at Lawry's and had a great time. The food and service was excellent. We had a wonderful server who really made sure we had a great time. I ordered my usual English cut with creamed spinach and my husband ordered the Lawry's cut prime rib with peas and corn...both of our prime rib orders were perfectly medium, flavorful and tender. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a KindrocketboyDined on 9/20/2014Lowry's might be considered old fashioned but when you have great service and great food, you have a great restaurant.Special Features:
- World's Best Prime RibHotelieVIPDined on 9/19/2014If I can't get my family's recipe for awesome prime rib, Lawry's is the next best thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmm...prime rib!safreed213VIPDined on 9/19/2014The cocktails are amazing and the prime rib is superb! My only complaint (which would be hard to remedy) is that they always seat our group of 5 in a booth. There's absolutely no leg room! Other than that, the experience is fab!Special Features:
- stefelaDined on 9/19/2014A very reliable, old school dining experience. We think the waitress uniforms are ridiculous and wonder why they are keeping such an outdated tradition. Otherwise the service was very good and the food was its usual artery clogging experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you likeFilledDined on 9/18/2014Great food, Great Service and attention, this is the placeSpecial Features:
- Good food but too crowdedfoodieDined on 9/17/2014I went on a Tuesday night and had to wait for 30 minutes with reservation. We were seated at a semi-comfortable booth right next to another party and I can overhear their conversations. I am also literally 3 feet away from the table across from us so I can stare at the people eating there straight if I want to. But don't get me wrong - I love Lawry's prime rib. Sides and salads are yummy as well. Service is always good. It's jut the overly crowded environment that turns me off a little. Will continue to come.Special Features:
- Great place to DineFanFan123Dined on 9/17/2014Wonderful service, staff was excellent, and FOOD was DeliciousSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and servicemarchDined on 9/16/2014Old style ambiance, great prime rib and wonderful friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayspoivreDined on 9/15/2014Hostess, Serving Staff, Manager and parking attendants were all on board. Courteous, attentive and as always the food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 31st Anniversarygreat2lunchDined on 9/15/2014Was great we went for our 31st Anniversary and the service was outstanding they brought cake(little) for each of us and flutes of champagne. This was after a great dinner. The food was excellent. Had prime rib both of us and we took home left overs. We have been to Lawry's many times and each time the prime rib is excellent.Special Features:
- Prime Ribs... YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014The food and service is always great. We only visit one special occasions and this visit was great. Since it was our anniversary, we got some dessert and champagne toast to end our meal.Special Features:
- THE PRIME RIBral83572Dined on 9/14/2014It's not just prime rib, it's THE prime rib. Lawry's has a reputation and standard of excellence and they certainly live up to that in all facets of their restaurant. Service, food, and experience. Creamed corn as a side is delicious!Special Features:
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014I have been going to Lawry's since the 1950's. It was a favorite of my parents and remains a favorite of mine. The quality of the food has always been outstanding. The portions have always been generous. They have never cut back on the size of the portions and the price that is charged is very reasonable, especially since you really do get prime beef. The service is always very professional, welcoming and efficient. JUst thinking about the experience makes me hungry for more. Join their club and get points that translate to coupons that give either monetary discounts, double points, personalized Lawry's salt and pepper, or free apetizers (which includes the shrimp coctail which is $16. I love the place. It's a real treat.Special Features:
- Nana3nanacst3Dined on 9/14/2014As usual a great experience and fun time. Food is very good never disappointing. Service was very good. Waitress was wonderful, we had Miss Magnisia. would definitely ask for her again. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Lawry's experienceHulagirlDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed lawry's for many years. Their prime rib is the only one i will eat. Now that i have to eat gluten free, they strive to meet my dietary issues. Ms pruett was very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMichiMomDined on 9/13/2014We have been coming to Lawry's to celebrate special occasions since the 60's. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- akkoDined on 9/13/2014when i come down to los angeles, i always eat at the lawry's once or twice. the restaurant is good food and good service. thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersnursnikoDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Lawry's in Beverly Hills. This was our 4th wedding anniversary. ..and the first time we were able to have a nice dinner without our kids present. It was an extremely pleasant - grown up experience accompanied by great food and drink! The staff was so polite and helpful. .not an ounce of condescending attitude to be found (which I have to say was rather refreshing ). We are already making plans to return to the restaurant for future celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food here was great!!! The prime rib was so tender and the mashed potatoes and salad tasted great. The service was great with our waitress being exceptionally nice and helpful with everything from water and bread refills to chilled forks for our salad and we even received dessert for our anniversary. The setting of the restaurant was great too. Setting was great too not noisy and easy to have a conversation. Overall I would love to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ConradCDined on 9/8/2014Would go back tonight if I were in town. Great staff, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school charmchrispyDined on 9/8/2014original Lawry's is a right of passage in beverly hills ... go to enjoy a walk through history. food is delicious, service is wonderful & you'll leave quite content.Special Features:
- Great I will be back.JohnnyDined on 9/6/2014The food and service was great. I will be back next month for anothe mouth full .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overated!luv2dineattDined on 9/6/2014The food isn't good at all. We ordered 4 lobster tails, 3 prime ribs, 1 ribeyes, 2 side orders and 1 desert. The prime ribs was okay but lobster tails doesn't tasted fresh; it's very dry and fishy. My ribeyes is the worst I ever had in my life. Side orders & desert isn't impressive either. The biggest disappointment is after all these foods we ordered and they charged us $15 extra when we asked for a plate!!! We spent almost $400 for 4 girls with not so impressive dishes and horrible service; we should have gone to Maestro instead. Don't ever take your date there, you'll be embarrassed & wasted your money!!!
- The greatest for prime ribGourmettoDined on 9/6/2014was often there over the past 25 years. was never disappointed. I live in Switzerland and whenever I am in the LA area a visit is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No So Happy Anniversary DinnerMojack75Dined on 9/6/2014As always, the food was great; but unfortunately, the service from their waitress Ms. Verona J. was poor. According to my parents, upon introducing herself as their waitress for the evening, Ms. Verona asked if they were celebrating a special occasion. My parents alerted her that it was their anniversary and expected the customary trifle and song from the wait staff. Dinner was served and their table was cleared, Ms. Verona came to the table asking if their was anything else that my parents would like. Assuming that they would be greeted by the staff for their special day, my parents were presented with the check without any acknowledgment of their anniversary. Ms. Verona needs more training to meet the standards that Lawry's is known for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.