Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
100 North La Cienega Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3106522827x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Walter Eckstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our professional catering manager and staff can bring Lawry's personalized service, award-winning food and detailed attention to your home or off-site venue. Whether your choose the elegant backdrop of our landmark restaurant or have Lawry's The Prime Rib cater your event at another location, our dedicated manager and staff will oversee all aspects of planning and organizing your event, attending to every detail, and managing your photo opportunities to ensure a lifetime of wonderful memories. Contact Melissa Case, Catering Manager: (310) 360-6281 x5
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
719 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (597)good for groups (294)romantic (261)fit for foodies (194)notable wine list (120)neighborhood gem (111)kid-friendly (77)hot spot (66)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (23)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Fabulous food and servicemarchDined on 9/16/2014Old style ambiance, great prime rib and wonderful friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 31st Anniversarygreat2lunchDined on 9/15/2014Was great we went for our 31st Anniversary and the service was outstanding they brought cake(little) for each of us and flutes of champagne. This was after a great dinner. The food was excellent. Had prime rib both of us and we took home left overs. We have been to Lawry's many times and each time the prime rib is excellent.Special Features:
- Prime Ribs... YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014The food and service is always great. We only visit one special occasions and this visit was great. Since it was our anniversary, we got some dessert and champagne toast to end our meal.Special Features:
- THE PRIME RIBral83572Dined on 9/14/2014It's not just prime rib, it's THE prime rib. Lawry's has a reputation and standard of excellence and they certainly live up to that in all facets of their restaurant. Service, food, and experience. Creamed corn as a side is delicious!Special Features:
- Nana3nanacst3Dined on 9/14/2014As usual a great experience and fun time. Food is very good never disappointing. Service was very good. Waitress was wonderful, we had Miss Magnisia. would definitely ask for her again. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Lawry's experienceHulagirlDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed lawry's for many years. Their prime rib is the only one i will eat. Now that i have to eat gluten free, they strive to meet my dietary issues. Ms pruett was very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMichiMomDined on 9/13/2014We have been coming to Lawry's to celebrate special occasions since the 60's. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- akkoDined on 9/13/2014when i come down to los angeles, i always eat at the lawry's once or twice. the restaurant is good food and good service. thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersnursnikoDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Lawry's in Beverly Hills. This was our 4th wedding anniversary. ..and the first time we were able to have a nice dinner without our kids present. It was an extremely pleasant - grown up experience accompanied by great food and drink! The staff was so polite and helpful. .not an ounce of condescending attitude to be found (which I have to say was rather refreshing ). We are already making plans to return to the restaurant for future celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food here was great!!! The prime rib was so tender and the mashed potatoes and salad tasted great. The service was great with our waitress being exceptionally nice and helpful with everything from water and bread refills to chilled forks for our salad and we even received dessert for our anniversary. The setting of the restaurant was great too. Setting was great too not noisy and easy to have a conversation. Overall I would love to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ConradCDined on 9/8/2014Would go back tonight if I were in town. Great staff, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school charmchrispyDined on 9/8/2014original Lawry's is a right of passage in beverly hills ... go to enjoy a walk through history. food is delicious, service is wonderful & you'll leave quite content.Special Features:
- Great I will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food and service was great. I will be back next month for anothe mouth full .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overated!luv2dineattDined on 9/6/2014The food isn't good at all. We ordered 4 lobster tails, 3 prime ribs, 1 ribeyes, 2 side orders and 1 desert. The prime ribs was okay but lobster tails doesn't tasted fresh; it's very dry and fishy. My ribeyes is the worst I ever had in my life. Side orders & desert isn't impressive either. The biggest disappointment is after all these foods we ordered and they charged us $15 extra when we asked for a plate!!! We spent almost $400 for 4 girls with not so impressive dishes and horrible service; we should have gone to Maestro instead. Don't ever take your date there, you'll be embarrassed & wasted your money!!!
- The greatest for prime ribGourmettoDined on 9/6/2014was often there over the past 25 years. was never disappointed. I live in Switzerland and whenever I am in the LA area a visit is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No So Happy Anniversary DinnerMojack75Dined on 9/6/2014As always, the food was great; but unfortunately, the service from their waitress Ms. Verona J. was poor. According to my parents, upon introducing herself as their waitress for the evening, Ms. Verona asked if they were celebrating a special occasion. My parents alerted her that it was their anniversary and expected the customary trifle and song from the wait staff. Dinner was served and their table was cleared, Ms. Verona came to the table asking if their was anything else that my parents would like. Assuming that they would be greeted by the staff for their special day, my parents were presented with the check without any acknowledgment of their anniversary. Ms. Verona needs more training to meet the standards that Lawry's is known for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib is top notch!FunkycoldM1Dined on 9/6/2014I have been here twice for my wedding anniversary and i love pretty much everything about the prime rib. The sourdough bread is fantastic as well. The sweet corn dish is FANTASTIC. Love it. The only two things i have not liked are the plain insipid asparagus and the included sauce. Worse, the salad that is provided with the dish tastes pretty bad. That salad tastes like something you went to pick up at your local Sizzlers restaurant. The dressing is not very good either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .Very disappointedbitesDined on 9/6/2014Valet parking, best part of our night. food was terrible, including my lawrys cut prime rib. very disappointing! Salad, BAD. Cocktails not so great, Sides were awful, except creamed corn. we will not returnSpecial Features:
- 40th anniversaryFredJoyDined on 9/5/2014The occasion was our 40th wedding anniversary. Our family was a party of 8. We were seated in an area offset from the main room that added a bit of privacy for us which we really appreciated. Everything from start to finish was just as we expected from Lawry's. it was outstanding. The service, food and ambiance. We hadn't been to Lawry's for some time and they did not disappoint. Our server was just a doll and made sure she fulfilled our every need. She never rushed us but was always there whenever we needed her. I'm sorry I don't remember her name.Special Features:
- Great 77th birthday dinner for dadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Kind, courteous, and accommodating service now as was twenty plus years ago. Prime rib entree just right; presentation of meals impeccable. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gypsyDined on 9/4/2014The food was great, the service excellent. The only negative, they don't enforce their dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & semi-raw Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014My wife, I and some guests went to this restaurant with high hopes and expectations because we have been here many time before around 8:30pm. But our server never brought the requested cutlery, the cuts of prime rib we received were raw in the center, and 4 slabs of meat were all being held in one serving cart which was not even warming the meats as it typically does. The food due to being uncooked was only half eaten, and because our server couldn't bring us refills or proper cutlery upon request we didn't bother her with requesting a different cut, likely from the same cart anyway. This visit was very poor and I will discourage friends from going to this location. My wife, I, and our guests have had stomach pains since last night.
- Good for Large Groups!essjay05Dined on 8/31/2014Amazing dinner and amazing service. We had a party of 14 people and they were amazing. All but one of us had been there before and we all had a blast. Oh yeah, the food was amazing too.Special Features:
- Superb DiningSherylVIPDined on 8/31/2014A splendid experience and the August special was even better! Smooth from start to finish except for a slight glitch when it took a long time to place our drink orders. However, I think they were short staffed and our waitress was trying valiantly to keep up. She went the extra mile to make sure everyone was accomodated, including a few hungry, cranky children, which we appreciated. We'll be back often!Special Features:
- Wonderful timeemptynestersDined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our 35th anniversary at Lawry's. We had a wonderful time. Everything was great. The prime rib was delicious. The creamed spinach is one of our favorites. Since we had a reservation, the wait was short. Lawry's was very nice to surprise us with cake and champagne. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much BadFudeDined on 8/31/2014We could have gotten a better meal at Black Angus or Outback Steakhouse. Meat was fair, Prices were poor, side dishes were average. Lack of flavoring abounded in all dishes. Service was lovely. I took my wife and her friends to Lawry's to celebrate her birthday. The bill came to 271.00 for four people! We didn't finish eating our dinners, as it was tasteless. One last note, no need to adhere to a dress code as they say on their website. We were of the few who dressed "business casual" as recommended. Most other patrons were in shorts and flip flops.
- DisappointedROYBOYVIPDined on 8/31/2014For the first time in 35 years of coming here for special occasions, we were disappointed. The cuts of meat were strangely dissimilar to each other, even though the orders were identical, they were unusually fatty among other things, and I was surprised at how unaccommodating they were to various things (i.e. use of expired vouchers and other little things). The whole experience was just off on a number of matters, which was a problem considering we were celebrating our 34th anniversary and the engagement of our son. Considering we now live far away, it was not worth the effort, or expense, to come or attempt to repeat.Special Features:
- WE ate at Lawry's for my birthday.birthdaygirlDined on 8/30/2014We used open table for reservation and got exactly what we needed. Table was ready when we arrived and food, service, and overall experience was trully celebratory. My prime rib was so tender, i didnt need a knife to cut it. Creamed corn was sooo good. I love the spinning salad too.Special Features:
- As good as alwaysJenAroonDined on 8/30/2014Love this place. Here is nice and fancy restaurant but casual and comfortable. The best Prime Ribs in townSpecial Features:
- MinnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of our places we usually like to go. Not anymore the service was poor.
- Hit or MissdisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Maybe the third times the charm, just saying. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food, close byobergDined on 8/29/2014If u love beef and prime rib is favorite cut then lawrys is the place to be. Great service, friendly atmosphere, good fish, great sides, and awesome prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Prime RibRickNDined on 8/29/2014Went to Lawry's for our wedding anniversary. Our waitress, I think it was Ms Dwyer, actually remembered us from like 2 years ago. Amazing! The food and the service were exemplary. I highly recommend coming here. Since we ordered the August special, a bottle of wine, 2 8-oz prime rib dinners, petite dessert and coffee. That was a deal! We actually got an extra dessert since it was our anniversary. They come over and sing and light a candle for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib in the world!PrimeRibLoverinLADined on 8/29/2014Lawryʻs the Prime Rib in Beverly Hills is the premier restaurant for any prime rib foodie. Itʻs the best, with a history as fantastic as the food is delicious. The service is wonderful. Although traditional in ambience, the servers and personal waiter/waitress make you feel home, in a very rich one! Elegance, fine dining at its best, kind and thoughtful servers (all long-term and loyal employees) who appreciate the diner and make every moment perfect. Iʻve been coming to Lawryʻs for over 40 years, and always there is a consistency of quality food and excellent service. I love showing the place to LA newcomers and visitors alike. Thank you for being a wonderful family business with many firsts for both industry and American history.Special Features:
- A classic placeToothfairyDined on 8/29/2014I highly recommend Lawry's for a great dinner. My husband and I went for the August Special, 2 prime rib dinners including a bottle of the house wine or 2 well drinks, salad, 3 sides, 8 oz of prime rib, and dessert. The service was great. This place is just what you want if you're looking for a classic prime rib dinner.Special Features:
- Must experience it at least once.MrBudgetDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I have been coming here for about 15 years or more. Always excellent service. The food is exquisitely good. Valet parking is very effecient. Soon as you pull into their driverway a valet attendant comes immediately to assist you. Never a wait over a minute because they have several attendants. Inside is very pleasant and the restrooms are very clean. Its like being in a 5 star hotel. There's a bar you can wait in or another room that has free hot appetizers before your table is ready. I suggest you make reservations in advance because they are always busy 7 days aweek otherwise, you could be waiting for a table for a while. Everyone that works there is attentive. Price for two is about $150 if no alcohol on the average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Lawry'sRichyVIPDined on 8/26/2014I am busy and still wanted to say we love Lawry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OLD WORLD ElegancePSmithVIPDined on 8/26/2014It's been years since I stepped foot into Lawry's on La Cienega. It is as though I stepped into a time capsule. A wonderful time in space. Elegant, proper, staff in uniform that I haven't seen in many years, the famous rolling carts of Prime Rib and goodies! All as I remember, thank you for not changing! Excellent PRib, the Spinning Salad, and the creamed corn or the spinach fluff, my, my! And dessert, apple pie! This was fitting celebration of my 62 birthday! Thank you to the staff and the chefs at Lawry's Prime Rib!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always an experiencebloves2eatDined on 8/26/2014I always enjoy the "frozen in time" vibe at Lawrey's. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised at the poor state of the bar. They would do themselves a solid if they had a mixologist behind it instead of someone who barely knows how to pour a glass of wine. They need to bring the lights down a bit, too. Getting a bit bright in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and dining experienceAusRiaDined on 8/25/2014A friend recommended Lawry's to us and so we decided to try it out while we were visiting LA (we're all from Australia). I can't remember the name of our waiter (I think it was Mike or Mark) but he was very attentive, friendly, and had impeccable customer service. Would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone - the steak we had was the best we've ever eaten anywhere in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.