Lavomatic Cafe & Urban Wine Bar
1211 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lavomatic Cafe & Urban Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavomaticcafe.com/
- Phone: 5136211999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner
Wednesday: 11am - 9 pm
Thursday: 11am - 10 pm,
Friday - Saturday: 11am - Kitchen Closes at 11:00pm Bar open late
Saturday Sunday Brunch 11am -2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Cameron Serrins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We would love to cater your event. Please give us a call.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private events in our second floor dining room Monday through Thursday. We regularly host private wine tastings, corporate dinners & receptions & other private parties.
Our private event space can accommodate 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Firth 5136211999x
- Cross Street: 12th Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking available on Vine Street. Directly across from our front door there is a public parking lot accessible from 12th Street
The Washington Park & Mercer Commons Garages are just two block away. Valet parking for Vine Street is available Thursday - Saturday.
A word from Lavomatic Cafe & Urban Wine Bar
Lavomatic is an urban restaurant and bar in the heart of the Gateway Quarter of Downtown Cincinnati. We also offer nightly dinner specials in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavomatic Cafe & Urban Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great placeKeith2dineDined on 6/22/2014Loved it! I can't write 59 words for the requirement here but it was a great place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC FOOD GREAT INTERIORQueenBreeDined on 6/22/2014The food here was absolutely PHENOMINAL!! Beautifully presented and exquisitly made every Cincinnatian must eat at this beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch.SanibelSandyDined on 6/21/2014This was my first visit to Lavomatic Cafe and I suggest trying the Fried Green Tomatoes Caprese Salad (not sure of the correct name), it was awesome. Eggs Benedict were very good too. They have a limited Brunch menu and Saturday and Sunday but everything we tried was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic, Fresh and LocalKarenCVIPDined on 6/14/2014We hadn't been to Lavomatic in quite awhile and were pleased with our experience. The menu was limited, but featured fresh, local ingredients in pleasing combinations. The service was very good and we had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Second Visit Fell ShortAnnieGirl822Dined on 6/12/2014First time we went to Lavamatic it was all quite good. We had a tuna ceviche that was actually pretty good. My husband had an open face bbq sandwich that was just ok. I had a Crabcake sandwich that was awful. I didn't call it out but I left more than half of it on my plate. We were with good friends and enjoyed the wine and the atmosphere outside on the upstairs patio. The atmosphere is nice but the kitchen needs to tighten it up.Special Features:
- DINERVIPDined on 6/12/2014My daughter and I usually say that Lavomatic's menu is extremely inventive but often just takes something a step too far to work perfectly. Watermelon, chili, blueberry gaspacho was not something id recommend or order again. The burger was very good but homemade bun crumbled like a biscuit. Her ahi tuna was intense with 5 spice powder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerluluDined on 6/6/2014I love that they take reservations for dinner, especially if going to one of the palys in OTR. The food is great and the service is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 553 reviews are from the Lavomatic Cafe & Urban Wine Bar reviews archive.
- ROOFTOPboiler79Dined on 5/31/2014We had dinner on their rooftop terrace on the most beautiful evening ever!Special Features:
- Need some improvementportistaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Lavomatic has a nice patio! Food is not bad, but could be better. For some reason Lavomatic doesn't have the same vibe as other places in OTR. Would love to see them do something about it.
- DisappointingKatieVIPDined on 5/25/2014It had been a while since my last visit to Lavomatic, but I thought we'd give it another try...I kind of expected to be disappointed and we were :( The food here just isn't that great (we had the hummus cake, tamales, and crab cake sandwich) and the menu is pretty sparse, especially if you're vegetarian or not fond of pork/beef. The outdoor seating is great and I was shocked that it was so dead when the other restaurants in the area had over an hour wait. I hope that Lavomatic steps it up and improves the menu options, it's a great neighborhood gem and I want it to stick around.Special Features:
- Outdoor space is charmingLolanatiVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have eaten here before and the experience has been uneven. On Saturday we sat outside and really enjoyed the space. Our food was good, the service was attentive, and we had a very nice meal with plenty of time to make it to the theater. I am glad we gave them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceWinerDined on 5/21/2014What a delightful evening. Three of us each had a good dinner and a really good waiter (who was also the bartender). Meat and cheese charcuterie was pretty and good. Grilled hummus was different and really a delightful plate with a variety of complementary tastes. Pork belly sandwich was a BIG thumbs up. Two of us had the acid washed grilled romaine & chicken and both agreed it was ok but not great - a litte too "deconstructed" and difficult to eat - flavors didn't really seem to meld. This was our third time at Lavomatic and we'll continue to go back.Special Features:
- great service, weak mixed drinksmamaroseDined on 5/17/2014Appetizers were tasty but entrees were mediocre. Peach keen cocktail lacked alcohol and peach, tasted simply like lemon favored sparkling water. Pork belly Reuben was served with broken, burned rye bread and pork belly was like leather. Our waiter was terrific, however. He was so nice I chose not to complain to him about anything though now I regret that. I took my sister there for dinner and could see the disappointment on her face. I'm glad my husband.d didn't join us as he would have been VERY upset.
- Great mealSusanSchekDined on 5/16/2014I had a delicious dinner here and completely cleaned my plate. Every part of the meal was delicious. I even returned the next night to have drinks and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots to love at lavamaticsamanthaDined on 5/3/2014Great brunch. Treat yourself to a mango or pear mimosa to start. Crab cakes, Benedict, quesadillas, all very tasty. Park in Washington park and enjoy walking off what you ate!Special Features:
- perfect rooftop weather...rooftopgirlDined on 4/26/2014Very busy Saturday night in OTR dining district. Glad I made a reservation on Open table. Navigating the traffic jams on Vine Street was stressful. Made it to Lavomatic right in time for our reservation and were able to eat out on the lovely rooftop. Open table is the way to go with the amount of people dining out. We like places where we can sit outside when the weather is nice.Special Features:
- noise leveldinerDined on 4/26/2014It's very noisy. Conversation can be difficult but it's in an area that is very popular so noise level isn't much of a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhTravelerDined on 4/19/2014Dinner was okay. Our server had little personality and didn't fit the overall vibe if the otherwise fun atmosphere. We sat on the rooftop which was beautiful. My food would have been delicious if it was warm, but it came out cold so it was tough to enjoy it. Everyone else in my party enjoyed their food though, so I hope mine was just an anomaly. I've been here before when everything was amazing - especially brunch. This visit though, missed the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeKrisDined on 4/12/2014This was my first visit and it was very good. Service great, food different but good. Was not aware of the outdoor dining upstairs, would definately like to return to enjoy the patio dining. Was nice too that you could get a reservation.Special Features:
- "Love It"CarolDDined on 4/11/2014Loved it! The food, service and atmosphere was great. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef getting establishedccurranVIPDined on 4/10/2014The menu is in between winter and spring. It should be fun later on from spring to summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food combinationssmjanksDined on 4/5/2014Upon first glance, the menu was almost daunting. Made up primarily of 'comfort foods' it wasn't until you read the fine print that you realized the interesting choice of ingredients. We started with fried green tomato caprese and lamb goetta. Both were absolutely fabulous. Our main courses sounded pedestrian -- turkey meat loaf and a reuben -- but were anything but. If there is a complaint it would be that the food was so rich that we had a hard time finishing. But we managed to squeeze in a sublime chocolate mouse artfully presented in a coffee cup. Kudos to a great manager and chef. Our service was exceptional and the meal was interesting. This would be a great place for people who are interested in pushing the edges.Special Features:
- Bad food bad serviceSuebpDined on 4/5/2014From the bad service to the bad food. It was all very unpleasant. We had tickets to a show and allowed 1 and a half hours to eat before we had to leave to make the show. Let's just say we missed the first fifteen minutes of the show.
- Having only been to LavomaticSuzanneVIPDined on 3/30/2014Having only been to Lavomatic for brunch, I can't speak to the wine bar angle, but it's a great spot for a Sunday brunch! Casual and friendly, yet full of energy. Don't miss the thick sliced peppered bacon (unless you are a vegetarian, of course) -- it's delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant with big flavorCincyfoodieDined on 3/20/2014Loved the small interior (we ate on the first floor) and the burst of big flavor from the kitchen. Had the crab cake sandwich. It was delicious. My husband ordered a side of sweet potatoe tater tots - HEAVEN!! They were rolled in spices and had a maple sauce to dip in. My side of regular fries were not regular at all. Soaked in a cider brine for 2 days then rolled in fresh herbs and cooked. Really good. Didn't have enough room for dessert. That will be next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu but really great!KevnVIPDined on 3/19/2014New chef and new menu, but still tastes fresh and delicious. Nice staff and top-quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great menu!FreddiDined on 3/16/2014My granddaughter and I loved the eclectic menu that had something for everyone. She is a vegetarian and found at least 10 dishes that not only sounded good but were presented beautifully and tasted delicious. We went back to the restaurant a second time for dinner because we couldn't taste everything the first night. Definitely recommend the grilled hummus, sauteed greens and avocado spread. The chocolate dessert was fabulous! A fun assortment of drinks...Special Features:
- Good foodMarshDined on 3/15/2014I am on a very restrictive diet-- no grain and no dairy. I was able to kind of find something that worked for me--the stuffed trout. I couldn't eat the rice stuff, but everything else was on my diet. Very tasty. I probably could have requested a substitute for the rice, didnt' think of it.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!ElenaTDined on 3/15/2014What a fantastic place! We love the restaurants in OTR on Vine, and this one definitely fit the bill! We loved the food - we ordered the fried green tomato caprese salad, the hamburger, and the biscuits and gravy. And, the service was top notch! We definitely recommend this place highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2014Enjoyed a great brunch with friends on Sunday. Only downside was I wanted to order the biscuits and gravy but they were no longer serving it so I had the fried chicken and polenta. Definitely make a reservation if you go. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, portions a littlemikeDined on 3/8/2014Great food, portions a little small on the entrees for someone who is really hungry. Dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- Good food, good locationAdamDined on 2/28/2014This is one of the only restaurants in OTR that takes reservations. The food was good and beer selection was excellent. Only complaint we had was the cold draft when ever the front door opened, but you could have that any where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liking lavofatnhappyVIPDined on 2/23/2014The service was super, they have a nice selection of food .....but it was the fish tacos that brought us back for more and they are no longer on the menu. This is a mistake that needs correction! My only issue with ambience was the temperature. It was cold outside, we were near the door. every time the door opened there was a gust of cold air. If not for that i woud have rated ambience 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit more for a younger crowdMike1Dined on 2/22/2014The food overall is not too bad, its boarding on pub food. There are some good selections that you wont see at too many places. It has some good seating upstairs - sit outside and downstairs so its fun in the summer. The problem is its very loud, you have to shout at each other to talk. I can see it being OK for a younger crowd but I wont go back just because of the noise.Special Features:
- We had brunch with friendsSuzanneVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had brunch with friends on Sunday morning and all four of us were "wowed" by the place! So fun and eclectic. Wonderful food, efficient and friendly service -- a great addition to Over-the-Rhine. Already looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place in Revitalized AreaMarkDined on 2/15/2014Food and service are great. A fun restaurant in a revitalized area of Cincinnati. Crowd is young and vibrant. An anchor for continued redevelopment and downtown growth.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencefoodingtonDined on 2/14/2014We went for V day, and were pleased to find a res with 1 day's notice. We were seated in the upper floor, which was nice, because it was quieter there. It didn't affect how often our server came by, she was very attentive. Service was good, food was good, but the menu made me wonder about combining all the 'new fangled american' style foods. Buffalo burger was slightly more done (I asked for medium, and got medium well). They forgot my sub for the fries, and it did take a while to get the tater tots up (in cheese sauce, pretty good, but more like 'hush puppies' than tater tots). The happy hour discount on the drink was forgotten, but quickly remedied as the server and I realized it at the same time. All in all, a good experience.
- Great Valentines Day DinnerblakejerDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to lavomatic on valentines days, and we were extremely surprised with how delicious everything was. We had the filet & the lamb rack - both were cooked perfectly. The soup and salad was delicious, and our service was impeccable. Rarely do we leave reviews, but felt this time it was needed. Little things, like when I dropped my knife, and the hostess noticed, and brought me a new one. The owner came out and discussed the artwork with us, and we learned more about the history of the building from the waitress. Can't say enough about this place...it was great.Special Features:
- nicemaryDined on 2/9/2014Wanting to explore more of vine street restraunts,I found a coupon on amazon,40.00 dollars for food.We where heading for music hall for the beeatles "concert". We sat next to some lovley people who would be selling candy there. Music from the beatles started flowing,our waitrees,Amanda?(she had an earing in her nose)was not only charming but very attentive,we loved her!The food was good,but the seating is rather close if you want privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do It Again DiningDavidBDined on 2/8/2014I would definitely dine there again. Food was very good and atmosphere also. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.