Lavo - NYC
39 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Lavo - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavony.com/
- Phone: 2127505588
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: M-F, & Sun; 5:00pm - 1:00am
Dinner: Sat only; 7:30pm - 1:00am
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John DeLoach
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant at 212.750.5588 and ask to speak with a Manager re: catering. We're happy to assist you.
- Entertainment: Live DJ nightly
- Special Events: For dinner groups of 15 people or more, please call Special Events at 212.399.3097.
- Cross Street: Madison and Park Avenues
- Public Transit: 4,5,& 6 (Green Line) 59th St & Lexington Station,
N & R (Yellow Lines) 60th St & 5th Ave Station, and
E (Blue Line) 53rd St & Madison Ave Station
M (Orange Line) 53rd St & Madison Ave Station
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Garages available on 57th, 58th, & 59th Streets between Lexington & Park Avenues. We do not validate. No valet parking.
A word from Lavo - NYC
Last reservations are at 12:45am.Continued
Lavo is open for lunch Monday - Friday and Sunday brunch from 11:30am - 5:00pm.
We accept reservations up to one month in advance.
Lavo is open for lunch Monday - Friday and Sunday brunch from 11:30am - 5:00pm.
We accept reservations up to one month in advance.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavo - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (135)good for groups (113)vibrant bar scene (97)fit for foodies (78)great for lunch (77)special occasion (69)late-night find (53)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (41)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (28)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- Very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Although we had to wait outside for a 7:30 reservation while they cleaned up from brunch, once the doors opened we were seated immediately at a great table. Had great wine, great food and the beset service ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great accommodationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was excellent. Had 9:15 pm reservation and did not get seated till after 10 pm. Yes the restaurant was very busy (as usual for a Friday night ) but that's then point of reservations. The manager accommodated us by giving free appetizers and dessert. That was great customer service especially since this restaurant is so expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wicked loud but great foodLove2EatOutVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food has to be darn good to charge 25$+ for pasta at lunch and it is. Just loud.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceSeidelDined on 10/15/2014Too noisy. Food just about average and wine list too expesive with no price benefit optionSpecial Features:
- business lunchSilvertowersfoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014I took colleagues here at a recommendation from a friend. A nightclub at night, I was skeptical that the food and service would be worthy of a business lunch but I will definitely take clients here! Italian fare, fresh seafood, foodie and client worthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special food, special peoplepedrosantosDined on 10/10/2014The perfect combination: beautiful people, excelent food, good servicesSpecial Features:
- Amazing atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014we went there to celebrate my birthday..I had a great time. The food was ok. But the whole atmosphere was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDDVIPDined on 10/10/2014Not very good service. Waitress wasent really politeI would recommend this to a friend.
- muy buenomcc001Dined on 10/10/2014La comida es muy buena el servicio excelente y no dejen de pedir el postre de orioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014We sat at around 730 on a weekday. It's a bit of a sausage party, so not a lot of eye candy if you're a guy, but the ladies we sat with were pleased. Service was excellent, good was excellent though in New York there's another level or two above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scared at first but it was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was my first time to LAVO NYC, I thought it would be like LAVO Las Vegas but it wasn't it was loud and packed and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy myself but I asked the hostess to move me and she moved me to the best spot! Food was great, came out quick, service was great, everything was great! I will surely make LAVO "my spot"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to see peopleAndyDined on 10/2/2014It's a very Good place to be with friends.... It's really crowded but People There want this. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is where u bring the sexy girlOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014I'm a bad dude I crush different women weekly, but only bring potential wifey material to lavo! The rest of the dummies get mcdonaldsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieForeverDined on 10/1/2014Great salads. Good spot for lunch, drinks or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SportingDined on 9/29/2014Outstanding experience anad food slection. Great and professional serviceSpecial Features:
- Superstar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Celeste, our waitress, recognized me from a visit almost a year ago and was fantastic. She persuaded the chef to make my favourite dish from the dinner menu (it was lunch and off the menu), looked after our every need before we even knew we needed it, was super fun and brought complementary glasses of wine at the end of the meal. Fabulous lunch. I love the place.
- For Deaf Mutes OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014While I love a lively, musical scene, the debilitating noise level is completely inappropriate for a restaurant of your calibre. You can't talk to each other or hear what the wait staff are saying. And for those of us who've spent time in the music industry, our hearing is already compromised. . My ears are still ringing after 3 days and we were seated outside!? I don't expect this to be posted . . I just believe in giving constructive feedback to those who can make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funNYROCKERDined on 9/22/2014Great drinks, good Italian comfort good, and fun people watching Always consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingSandramerleVIPDined on 9/22/2014My usual go to place for lunch. this time was very disappointing especially as I was entertaining and treating a guest to lunch. Salmon Salad had very soggy lettuce, almost in edible. I did not say anything as I did not want embarrass my guest Lavo I know that you can do much better, service was very disappointing, not the usual standard, which is always fabulous. We patronize Lavo regularly and really did not enjoy this mealSpecial Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I typically don't write a review but your establishment calls for it. I recently went to Lavo for lunch and received impeccable service beyond telling. the food to wine was without a doubt superb! The staff, from entering the restaurant was just as wonderful as the service received by the server. Being in hospitality myself, it brings so much joy to see the craft executed with respect and class. Thank you for making a fellow person of service receive such hospitable service. Looking forward to my next visit. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmep922Dined on 9/20/2014Good food. Great service. Very noisy and tables were on top of each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimeAnasilva1975Dined on 9/19/2014Even having made reservation, we had to wait 30 minutes more to get our table.Special Features:
- adynutza1976VIPDined on 9/15/2014FOOD NOT BAD BUT NOTHING EXCITING, TUNA GRILLED AS A MAINCOURSE ARRIVED COLD AND OILY..SERVICE OK BUT THE SERVERS SEEMED IN RUSH TO GO HOME EVEN THOUGH WAS 11:45 pm AND LAVO CLOSES AT 1.00 am. AT 12:40 THEY WERE ALREADY SITTING DOWN AT DIFFERENT TABLES WAITING FOR US TO LEAVE. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with good food.L7CamperVIPDined on 9/15/2014Nice restaurant, cool ambience, good food. The 16 oz kobi meatball is awesome and must be shared! We were there for lunch and ordered a Caesar's salad that had roasted chicken breast, skin, no bones, instead of a grilled chick breast and it didnt work. My friends seafood salad was just ok. No matter when you go there, its lively. And loud. And for drinks after work and dinner, its the spot.Special Features:
- Jumbo Meatball !kpmeemersVIPDined on 9/14/2014Based on a rec from a friend, I ordered the meatball w/ crostini and salad. The size is suitable for 8 people! It was delicious but so wasteful since I could only eat 3 bites. My husband ordered the sea bass and it was prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's all the fuss?StrongislandDined on 9/13/2014Food was just OK (everything was salty and too garlicy), and overpriced. Keep the nightclub essence downstairs and tone down the repetitive music in the dining area. Don't make your first acceptable reservation 7:30 pm and not open the doors until 7:30 PM. It was a little ridiculous. Conveniently though the staff told us to drink across the street at Tao until 7:30 (it's the same owner). If I knew that up front I would have just eaten at Tao which is much nicer and energetic inside. To say you went there, I guess go for it, but it's really nothing special and crowd was such mixed ages that I don't see if really impressing a hot date as the big hot spot!Special Features:
- Lives up to the hypesnnATXVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place has amazing service & food. Def lives up to the hype, which is more than I can say for the other vastly popular places we visited while in the city. To top it off, one of the partners is one of the nicest people you will meet in NYC. Cannot wait to come back.Special Features:
- overpricedBobGDined on 9/8/2014Food is ok; nothing special. Price in relation to value . . . not worth it. Service was poor; for example, salads were brought and then waiter disappeared . . . near impossible to obtain his attention to ask for fresh ground pepper. Typical for poor training.
- Birthday celebration was great!LoveToEatOutDined on 9/6/2014Place rocks, 4 of us for a birthday celebration and sat next to Michael Jordan and Amahad Rashad! Trendy, fun, lively and hopping. Food was fantastic and wine very nice. Highly reccommed it if you like action and high energy places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food...great ambiance! We had a nice waiter, very professional. Service was overall good! The menu has a nice variety. The restaurant was clean, music was great...they had a DJ that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAVO, COOL, DELICIOUSDemetreusDined on 8/27/2014Great time with colleagues, good looking crowd, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutDominoVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always have a great time here. Service was just right, our waiter knew that we wanted to linger a little and did not hurry us at all- which is unusual these days. Food was great, cocktails awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavo NYCGaryBDined on 8/25/2014Food was very good but not excellent. Overpriced for the quality you get although portions are large. My chief complaint was the Veal Parm at $46. The quality of the veal was excellent, thinly sliced. However, it was covered in too much mozzarella, and very little tomato sauce. Actually, the way they make it is to put the tomato sauce on the plate only, then the veal with heavy cheese, but no sauce on the veal below the cheeses. I sent it back. Came back 20 min later. Now it was charred on outside edge of veal, very little sauce and cheese.Special Features:
- Always enjoy lunchJuilavhaVIPDined on 8/25/2014have lunch at Lavo every visit to NYC (monthly) perfect meeting place for lunch (with a reservation) or for a lite delicious salad pre flite LOVE LOVE the tomato "tapenade" served with the bread … use on my salmon in salmon salad & on Chicken paillard . wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's goodFABFOODIEDined on 8/23/2014The bread is delicious. The salmon I ordered was not. It was actually very bad and I was very surprised. The tiramisu was delicious! The highlight of the entire meal. The night club is separate and we never made it in. $2,500 for a table is ridiculous. The experience is not even worth it. Overall I recommend the restaurant just don't have the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aprilkateVIPDined on 8/22/2014I waited over an hour for my reserved table. I really do like the food here but I would probably stick to just coming here on Monday or Tuesday night. When it's busy - the service, the wait and the attitude of everyone working is just not worth it.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friends!nycfoodieDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere was great and the food was delicious. However, the best part was the service. I would definitely return to Lavo for dinner!Special Features:
- beeshoneyDined on 8/22/2014Lovely spot . Excellent food and service. Go on early side if you want a nice dining experience and don't want to be part of the "scene".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at LAVOthegrandDined on 8/21/2014very nice atmosphere, good food, good drinks, music and friendly staff, will be back very soon, especially for the meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner out with the boysNoelcoppDined on 8/21/2014We had a fun night out the portionsportions were so big we only needed 3 appetizers and one main dish.Special Features: