Lavo - NYC
39 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Lavo - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavony.com/
- Phone: 2127505588
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: M-F, & Sun; 5:00pm - 1:00am
Dinner: Sat only; 7:30pm - 1:00am
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John DeLoach
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant at 212.750.5588 and ask to speak with a Manager re: catering. We're happy to assist you.
- Entertainment: Live DJ nightly
- Special Events: For dinner groups of 15 people or more, please call Special Events at 212.399.3097.
- Cross Street: Madison and Park Avenues
- Public Transit: 4,5,& 6 (Green Line) 59th St & Lexington Station,
N & R (Yellow Lines) 60th St & 5th Ave Station, and
E (Blue Line) 53rd St & Madison Ave Station
M (Orange Line) 53rd St & Madison Ave Station
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Garages available on 57th, 58th, & 59th Streets between Lexington & Park Avenues. We do not validate. No valet parking.
A word from Lavo - NYC
Last reservations are at 12:45am.Continued
Lavo is open for lunch Monday - Friday and Sunday brunch from 11:30am - 5:00pm.
We accept reservations up to one month in advance.
Lavo is open for lunch Monday - Friday and Sunday brunch from 11:30am - 5:00pm.
We accept reservations up to one month in advance.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavo - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (135)vibrant bar scene (102)good for groups (102)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (70)great for lunch (68)late-night find (55)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (39)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- adynutza1976Dined on 9/15/2014FOOD NOT BAD BUT NOTHING EXCITING, TUNA GRILLED AS A MAINCOURSE ARRIVED COLD AND OILY..SERVICE OK BUT THE SERVERS SEEMED IN RUSH TO GO HOME EVEN THOUGH WAS 11:45 pm AND LAVO CLOSES AT 1.00 am. AT 12:40 THEY WERE ALREADY SITTING DOWN AT DIFFERENT TABLES WAITING FOR US TO LEAVE. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with good food.L7CamperVIPDined on 9/15/2014Nice restaurant, cool ambience, good food. The 16 oz kobi meatball is awesome and must be shared! We were there for lunch and ordered a Caesar's salad that had roasted chicken breast, skin, no bones, instead of a grilled chick breast and it didnt work. My friends seafood salad was just ok. No matter when you go there, its lively. And loud. And for drinks after work and dinner, its the spot.Special Features:
- Jumbo Meatball !kpmeemersDined on 9/14/2014Based on a rec from a friend, I ordered the meatball w/ crostini and salad. The size is suitable for 8 people! It was delicious but so wasteful since I could only eat 3 bites. My husband ordered the sea bass and it was prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's all the fuss?StrongislandDined on 9/13/2014Food was just OK (everything was salty and too garlicy), and overpriced. Keep the nightclub essence downstairs and tone down the repetitive music in the dining area. Don't make your first acceptable reservation 7:30 pm and not open the doors until 7:30 PM. It was a little ridiculous. Conveniently though the staff told us to drink across the street at Tao until 7:30 (it's the same owner). If I knew that up front I would have just eaten at Tao which is much nicer and energetic inside. To say you went there, I guess go for it, but it's really nothing special and crowd was such mixed ages that I don't see if really impressing a hot date as the big hot spot!Special Features:
- Lives up to the hypesnnATXVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place has amazing service & food. Def lives up to the hype, which is more than I can say for the other vastly popular places we visited while in the city. To top it off, one of the partners is one of the nicest people you will meet in NYC. Cannot wait to come back.Special Features:
- overpricedBobGDined on 9/8/2014Food is ok; nothing special. Price in relation to value . . . not worth it. Service was poor; for example, salads were brought and then waiter disappeared . . . near impossible to obtain his attention to ask for fresh ground pepper. Typical for poor training.
- Birthday celebration was great!LoveToEatOutDined on 9/6/2014Place rocks, 4 of us for a birthday celebration and sat next to Michael Jordan and Amahad Rashad! Trendy, fun, lively and hopping. Food was fantastic and wine very nice. Highly reccommed it if you like action and high energy places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food...great ambiance! We had a nice waiter, very professional. Service was overall good! The menu has a nice variety. The restaurant was clean, music was great...they had a DJ that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAVO, COOL, DELICIOUSDemetreusDined on 8/27/2014Great time with colleagues, good looking crowd, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutDominoVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always have a great time here. Service was just right, our waiter knew that we wanted to linger a little and did not hurry us at all- which is unusual these days. Food was great, cocktails awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavo NYCGaryBDined on 8/25/2014Food was very good but not excellent. Overpriced for the quality you get although portions are large. My chief complaint was the Veal Parm at $46. The quality of the veal was excellent, thinly sliced. However, it was covered in too much mozzarella, and very little tomato sauce. Actually, the way they make it is to put the tomato sauce on the plate only, then the veal with heavy cheese, but no sauce on the veal below the cheeses. I sent it back. Came back 20 min later. Now it was charred on outside edge of veal, very little sauce and cheese.Special Features:
- Always enjoy lunchJuilavhaVIPDined on 8/25/2014have lunch at Lavo every visit to NYC (monthly) perfect meeting place for lunch (with a reservation) or for a lite delicious salad pre flite LOVE LOVE the tomato "tapenade" served with the bread … use on my salmon in salmon salad & on Chicken paillard . wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's goodFABFOODIEDined on 8/23/2014The bread is delicious. The salmon I ordered was not. It was actually very bad and I was very surprised. The tiramisu was delicious! The highlight of the entire meal. The night club is separate and we never made it in. $2,500 for a table is ridiculous. The experience is not even worth it. Overall I recommend the restaurant just don't have the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aprilkateVIPDined on 8/22/2014I waited over an hour for my reserved table. I really do like the food here but I would probably stick to just coming here on Monday or Tuesday night. When it's busy - the service, the wait and the attitude of everyone working is just not worth it.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friends!nycfoodieDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere was great and the food was delicious. However, the best part was the service. I would definitely return to Lavo for dinner!Special Features:
- beeshoneyDined on 8/22/2014Lovely spot . Excellent food and service. Go on early side if you want a nice dining experience and don't want to be part of the "scene".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at LAVOthegrandDined on 8/21/2014very nice atmosphere, good food, good drinks, music and friendly staff, will be back very soon, especially for the meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner out with the boysNoelcoppDined on 8/21/2014We had a fun night out the portionsportions were so big we only needed 3 appetizers and one main dish.Special Features:
- Lavo- great midtown NYC spotgarybDined on 8/19/2014Lavo has tons of energy, a great bar scene, comfortable seating and one of the best Italian meatballs ever. They pour a very good cocktail, service is good, my raw bar items were great and the scene is loud in the front but fine in the back. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedBenjiDined on 8/18/2014The Food is ok but overpriced , The hostess is not a ProfessionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoooodReviewerVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was somewhat skeptical after reading some of the reviews but I had a wonderful meal. Everything was outstanding. The service and the food. The bread is great. I ordered the Branzino, a side of potatoes and mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceroesteve80Dined on 8/15/2014The soup was wonderful, like I would make at home. Strip Steak was very good, and the portion was substantial. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Great TimeDDNYDined on 8/15/2014The service was great. Waiter was really a find, he knew how to please his customers. Food was very good. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchGigineDined on 8/15/2014I went to lunch for last day of restaurant week and I had a lovely lunch for my birthday with my mom. The food was Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie1Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week. Everything was delicious. I've never had a portion of fish that small in life but that small bite was amazingly good. Would go back for a full priced meal and hope that isnt the normal portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madison45Dined on 8/14/2014It was meh to say the least. My husband and I could not have a conversation. Couldn't wait to leave.Special Features:
- kimosabiVIPDined on 8/14/2014Far exceeded our expectation. We went there during the NYC restaurant week, we enjoyed so much and will come back here again soon. The minestrone soup and chicken Marsala were exceptionally tasty, while Caesar salad and Penne Arrabbiata could have been better with asserted flavor. This was of one of best meals we have had as part of NYC restaurant week over the past decade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReneeReneeMBVIPDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated a friends birthday and they brought a dessert with a birthday message....very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my favorite restaurant!HAPPYHAPPYDined on 8/13/2014Lavo is always a go-to for Restaurant Week and even when it's not Restaurant Week. The service is always top notch; I am always treated with care and special attention. The food is routinely excellent quality. The noise level is consistently moderate, never too loud.Special Features:
- Amaze!ShantelDined on 8/12/2014I took my boyfriend here for his 28th birthday and the food was absolutely delicious! It was a little loud but service was fast( our food came out within 10 mins of ordering ! I changed my reservations about 4 times after running late and when we arrived out table was ready! Super nice staff, gorgeous crowd deff will return on a club nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but soooo loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014so loud! need to yell to one another and we were only 3 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunNeighborhoodgemVIPDined on 8/12/2014We always have lots of fun at Lavo. Our favorite dish- Kobe meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer to NYCLavoLoverDined on 8/11/2014This was my first visit to NYC and it was in celebration of my daughter's 16th birthday. We celebrated the special occasion at Lavo - it was a hit; the food was amazing the service was excellent and even the guests were friendly! Love LavoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service, funcb2000Dined on 8/11/2014Had the chicken domenic (again), great every time. friendly attentive service. fun atmosphere. everything on the menu good. i was not paid to write this !Special Features:
- greatCrazyangel519518VIPDined on 8/9/2014I have been wanting to try Lavo for a while now, I am happy to say i was not the least disappointed. the Service was get, cocktail list was interesting very creative and yummy drinks. The food was also outstanding, I would recommend Lavo to friends or family and would 100% return again.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot.ChbzDined on 8/8/2014Good for lunch during NY restaurant week. Great and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchEricaDined on 8/8/2014I visited here during restaurant week, on a weekday for lunch. We enjoyed an outside table and had no interference with the outside lunch sidewalk traffic. The service was great and the food was amazing. Although we ordered from the restaurant week (smaller) menu, there was a great selection. The food tasted very well and was more than filling. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone during any time!Special Features:
- Waiting TimeBigBearDined on 8/7/2014Had reservation for 8:15, arrived at 8:05, didn't sit down till 9:00. This is an unreasonable wait with a reservation , they need to revamp there policy or process to avoid this kind of wait .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst time of my life!!!!DayanaDined on 8/7/2014When we got there they sat us down like 10 minutes later. Our waitress didnt care about anything. She was in the back foco ng her Hair And just standing. The water took forever. Forget about the apetizer, entree and desert. But wait the check came right away + she stood next to us waiting for us to pay. Not to mention that I was on my lunch break that I mentioned since she took our ordered. She had an actitud. Food tasted delicious but 2.5 hours....Special Features:
- we got there early .....jeannieVIPDined on 8/6/2014so we sat by the bar and it was fine. a little loud and a good people watching place.Special Features: