Lavo - NYC
39 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Lavo - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavony.com/
- Phone: (212) 750-5588
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: M-F, & Sun; 5:00pm - 1:00am
Dinner: Sat only; 7:30pm - 1:00am
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John DeLoach
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant at 212.750.5588 and ask to speak with a Manager re: catering. We're happy to assist you.
- Entertainment: Live DJ nightly
- Special Events: For dinner groups of 15 people or more, please call Special Events at 212.399.3097.
- Cross Street: Madison and Park Avenues
- Public Transit: 4,5,& 6 (Green Line) 59th St & Lexington Station,
N & R (Yellow Lines) 60th St & 5th Ave Station, and
E (Blue Line) 53rd St & Madison Ave Station
M (Orange Line) 53rd St & Madison Ave Station
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Garages available on 57th, 58th, & 59th Streets between Lexington & Park Avenues. We do not validate. No valet parking.
A word from Lavo - NYC
Last reservations are at 12:45am.Continued
Lavo is open for lunch Monday - Friday and Sunday brunch from 11:30am - 5:00pm.
We accept reservations up to one month in advance.
Lavo is open for lunch Monday - Friday and Sunday brunch from 11:30am - 5:00pm.
We accept reservations up to one month in advance.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavo - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (148)good for groups (121)vibrant bar scene (102)fit for foodies (79)great for lunch (76)special occasion (73)late-night find (62)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (27)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (22)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Fun spot, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Long wait for the table even though we had a reservation. Very loud, but food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Comun food, mediocre quality and presentación! Week service. Probably it was a good restaurant ... But not anymore!
- Not a place for a Monday evening. Poor foodLeffeDined on 11/17/2014When we arrived around 9.30 in the Monday evening the restaurant was in a "closing for the day modus". No atmosphere at all to find and the food was also well over cooked. The service was acceptable though and the waitress did her best so no complaining on the staff.
- LavopaulDined on 11/8/2014I to Lavo for the 1st time it came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. The food and service was great and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, but.....DisappointedDined on 11/8/2014When I made the reservations online, it asked if there was any special occasion. There was - we were celebrating TWO birthdays - BIG birthdays - "Sweet 16" and "Double Nickel". The restaurant even called me earlier in the day to make sure we were coming, and the girl said "I understand that you are celebrating TWO birthdays???". So, I thought maybe the staff would have done something special...?? NOPE. Not a cupcake, not a "happy birthday" wish, not even an ACKNOWLEDGMENT to my husband and daughter!! Very, very disappointed..... Should have gone to Orso! I just thought maybe since they ASKED on the website, and then re-iterated it during the confirmation call, they would have AT LEAST noted it! VERY disappointed - won't go again when in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChobyDined on 11/7/2014Excellent place to celebrate and just for a good dinner too. Meat balls are superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingJasseVIPDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance is great however I had the crispy chicken and it was very dry and douced in sauce. My wife had the ravioli and it was just ok. The service made our dining experience even worse. Juan was the most unattentive server who never checked on us once, it was a chore to get another beverage and all in all there are way better restaurants than Lavo.
- Loved it!!Sweettooth1199Dined on 11/1/2014Great bar, beautiful people, delicious food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentSacaloDined on 11/1/2014We arrived 20 minutes early to enjoy a drink but, without warning, we had to stand outside in the rain until the restaurant opened at 7:30pm. We stood in line watching as the staff set up and mopped the floors. We were seated while being advised not to slip. My friend's amply poured Pinot Noir was fine but my martini was tepid and 3/4 full. The Kobe meatball appetizer was just ok, so mixed with filler it could have been supermarket grade chopped meat. I ordered a $45.00 Veal Parmagiana that I took three bites from. It was as if a bag of salt fell on top of it. My friend's Chicken Dominic was also too salty. Definitely not worth the hype nor the price. Unfortunately, good service does not make up for lousy food.Special Features:
- nigthowlkinom22Dined on 10/31/2014Love Lavo at any moment. Food is great and service prompt, with energy - dj on site, music shy avoid.Special Features:
- Nice placeYouyouVIPDined on 10/27/2014Nice place to have some Italian food, the walls were not that great to look at !! And a bit darkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper club great for groupsjaneybquickDined on 10/26/2014Have eaten here twice for the Sunday supper clubs, the first was with a group of 6 and was excellent. The second time was in a party of two and it was not as much fun. I'd definitely recommend for a group. The food was excellent both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LavojulianaoliveiraDined on 10/26/2014Great restaurant for every occasion. Best sunday brunch, they give the classics a special twist. Went there twice at the same week in different occasions and both times everything was great.Special Features:
- Left w/ a Bad taste in our mouths..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014It is unfortunate to write this- We dined at Lavo NYC we were Having an awesome time. While finishing up des/coffee, a man w/ear piece started circling our table like a shark- he took the white paper out from under us making it known the table was needed for next reservation! WE just spent $1000! We understand Lavo is a hospitality business. This treatment wasn't hospitable! The professional way to turn tables: graciously ask customer to relocate to bar w/ 1st rnd on house. Customer feels valued. I had to Complain, bring uneces. negativity & walked away from the table angry. This overshadowed the delicious food & great waitress. After complaining, mgr did apologize gave bus. card w/6 free drinks- a too little too late.Special Features:
- As always it was greatSteve916Dined on 10/23/2014Great spot to go with another couple or small group. One Of those places where you share some apps (meatballs are a must, pizza are great), pasta or two and a salad or two for the table maybe a entree or tep to share (the porterhouse for 2 is amazing). I am not a dessert person but you need to order the fried Oreos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated. Noisy, not worth the $Likes2eatDined on 10/23/2014Very condescending. It seemed that service was a favor. Food was fair but not close to the cost. Very disapointing.
- Very impressivepamfrombuffaloDined on 10/18/2014Although we had to wait outside for a 7:30 reservation while they cleaned up from brunch, once the doors opened we were seated immediately at a great table. Had great wine, great food and the beset service ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great accommodationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was excellent. Had 9:15 pm reservation and did not get seated till after 10 pm. Yes the restaurant was very busy (as usual for a Friday night ) but that's then point of reservations. The manager accommodated us by giving free appetizers and dessert. That was great customer service especially since this restaurant is so expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wicked loud but great foodLove2EatOutVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food has to be darn good to charge 25$+ for pasta at lunch and it is. Just loud.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceSeidelDined on 10/15/2014Too noisy. Food just about average and wine list too expesive with no price benefit optionSpecial Features:
- business lunchSilvertowersfoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014I took colleagues here at a recommendation from a friend. A nightclub at night, I was skeptical that the food and service would be worthy of a business lunch but I will definitely take clients here! Italian fare, fresh seafood, foodie and client worthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special food, special peoplepedrosantosDined on 10/10/2014The perfect combination: beautiful people, excelent food, good servicesSpecial Features:
- Amazing atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014we went there to celebrate my birthday..I had a great time. The food was ok. But the whole atmosphere was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDDVIPDined on 10/10/2014Not very good service. Waitress wasent really politeI would recommend this to a friend.
- muy buenomcc001Dined on 10/10/2014La comida es muy buena el servicio excelente y no dejen de pedir el postre de orioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014We sat at around 730 on a weekday. It's a bit of a sausage party, so not a lot of eye candy if you're a guy, but the ladies we sat with were pleased. Service was excellent, good was excellent though in New York there's another level or two above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scared at first but it was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was my first time to LAVO NYC, I thought it would be like LAVO Las Vegas but it wasn't it was loud and packed and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy myself but I asked the hostess to move me and she moved me to the best spot! Food was great, came out quick, service was great, everything was great! I will surely make LAVO "my spot"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to see peopleAndyDined on 10/2/2014It's a very Good place to be with friends.... It's really crowded but People There want this. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is where u bring the sexy girlOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014I'm a bad dude I crush different women weekly, but only bring potential wifey material to lavo! The rest of the dummies get mcdonaldsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieForeverDined on 10/1/2014Great salads. Good spot for lunch, drinks or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SportingDined on 9/29/2014Outstanding experience anad food slection. Great and professional serviceSpecial Features:
- Superstar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Celeste, our waitress, recognized me from a visit almost a year ago and was fantastic. She persuaded the chef to make my favourite dish from the dinner menu (it was lunch and off the menu), looked after our every need before we even knew we needed it, was super fun and brought complementary glasses of wine at the end of the meal. Fabulous lunch. I love the place.
- For Deaf Mutes OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014While I love a lively, musical scene, the debilitating noise level is completely inappropriate for a restaurant of your calibre. You can't talk to each other or hear what the wait staff are saying. And for those of us who've spent time in the music industry, our hearing is already compromised. . My ears are still ringing after 3 days and we were seated outside!? I don't expect this to be posted . . I just believe in giving constructive feedback to those who can make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funNYROCKERDined on 9/22/2014Great drinks, good Italian comfort good, and fun people watching Always consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingSandramerleVIPDined on 9/22/2014My usual go to place for lunch. this time was very disappointing especially as I was entertaining and treating a guest to lunch. Salmon Salad had very soggy lettuce, almost in edible. I did not say anything as I did not want embarrass my guest Lavo I know that you can do much better, service was very disappointing, not the usual standard, which is always fabulous. We patronize Lavo regularly and really did not enjoy this mealSpecial Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I typically don't write a review but your establishment calls for it. I recently went to Lavo for lunch and received impeccable service beyond telling. the food to wine was without a doubt superb! The staff, from entering the restaurant was just as wonderful as the service received by the server. Being in hospitality myself, it brings so much joy to see the craft executed with respect and class. Thank you for making a fellow person of service receive such hospitable service. Looking forward to my next visit. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmep922Dined on 9/20/2014Good food. Great service. Very noisy and tables were on top of each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimeAnasilva1975Dined on 9/19/2014Even having made reservation, we had to wait 30 minutes more to get our table.Special Features:
- adynutza1976VIPDined on 9/15/2014FOOD NOT BAD BUT NOTHING EXCITING, TUNA GRILLED AS A MAINCOURSE ARRIVED COLD AND OILY..SERVICE OK BUT THE SERVERS SEEMED IN RUSH TO GO HOME EVEN THOUGH WAS 11:45 pm AND LAVO CLOSES AT 1.00 am. AT 12:40 THEY WERE ALREADY SITTING DOWN AT DIFFERENT TABLES WAITING FOR US TO LEAVE. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with good food.L7CamperVIPDined on 9/15/2014Nice restaurant, cool ambience, good food. The 16 oz kobi meatball is awesome and must be shared! We were there for lunch and ordered a Caesar's salad that had roasted chicken breast, skin, no bones, instead of a grilled chick breast and it didnt work. My friends seafood salad was just ok. No matter when you go there, its lively. And loud. And for drinks after work and dinner, its the spot.Special Features: