18 Main Street (Route25B)
Center Harbor, NH 03226Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laviniasdining.com/
- Phone: 6032538617x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday: 5pm-9pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan McGuff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on-site catering/functions and specialize in business events/functions, cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners, and private parties. Please call us directly, or visit our website for information about catering. Our restaurant is always available for breakfast, lunch, or brunch functions.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties ranging in size from 15 to 100 people. We have separate dining rooms that can can accommodate different sized groups and functions.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Foley General Manager 6032538617x
- Entertainment: Wednesday nights in the tavern and select nights on the lawn during the summer
- Cross Street: Lake Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample parking is available along side our restaurant, and in the rear of the building. Also, guests may park at the Senters Marketplace parking lot, where E.M. Heaths Supermarket is located. Additionally, boat parking is available at the Center Harbor Public Docks, a 3 minute walk from Lavinia's.
A word from Lavinia's
Lavinia"s is a full service dinner restaurant, located in the heart of New Hampshires Lakes Region. Lavinia's serves a variety of dinner items ranging from casual pub fare like Burgers and Fish Tacos to high end entrees like Pan Seared Filet Mignon and Lobster Alfredo. Chef Brendan utilizes fresh local farm raised proteins, daily house made pasta, and creativity to deliver a great seasonal menu to satisfy all. Save room for our delicious in house made desserts! Our newly renovated pub is an excellent place to enjoy casual dinner during the week, and our private seating in the cupola may be reserved for special occasions. We look forward to seeing you soon at Lavinia's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lavinia's - Best Restaurants in Center Harbor ›
Lavinia's reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (41)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Perfect evening outSpeedyDined on 9/20/2014Good food, excellent service. Great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTishieDined on 9/10/2014Lavinia's may be a lovely looking restaurant, very quiet on this September evening as no one else was in the dining room and our waitress was very good. However, the food was disappointing for the prices charged. Some items were better than others but nothing to rave about. Our waitress had said there were no "specials on the menu" that evening as everything on their menu was special. Wish we could agree. There are other restaurants in the area with similar pricing that have much better food. Sadly, we will not return.
- food is greatGolfnutDined on 9/1/2014Beet salad was excellent and the breast of duck was great. For dessert try the chocolate cake it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014We hadn't been to Lavinia's since it changed hands, and found the food to be very good, the service very friendly and attentive overall with only a few minor glitches, and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Awesome!JayLoDined on 8/31/2014It is hard to find great food around the lake. This was our first time going to Lavinia's and we were SO pleased! The dining rooms are lovely, the drinks were great and the food was perfect! We started with the cheese and meat board...the homemade sour cherries and rosemary roasted almonds were delicious!! The house salad is a must! We had the lobster salad and the duck...lovely! And do not miss the homemade pecan pie!!!! Oh and our waitress was great too! Definitely going back soon!Special Features:
- Come by boatDinebyboatDined on 8/30/2014Lavinia's is one of the few great eating experiences on the lake that you can get to by boat with a short walk from the Center Harbor public docks. Enjoyed the cheese and meat boards. Great waitress for our gorup of eight.Special Features:
- Sorry but salmon was raw on insideDiDiDined on 8/30/2014Risotto was very salty. Noise level was on high side. TV over bar was distracting
- Winner!LoverofgoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014Great food, Great ambiance:) The staff has done an exceptional job bringing this restaurant to a new level. Nice to know we can count on a great meal ALL the time.Special Features:
- NiceSpeedyDined on 8/27/2014Nice meal but one of 4 entrees was way too salty. They gave us a credit though.
- Unprofessional and mediocresavannahfunDined on 8/26/2014First experience and it will be our last.Made a reservation for ourselves and another couple for 6:30 on a Tuesday evening.Received call earlier that day to reconfirm and to ask about seating preferences. I said I wanted outside patio table but one in the shade. Heather promised same and said the tables in the shade of the building would be out of the sun and she would reserve one. This would also afford us the opportunity to listen to the live outdoor music. We arrived 10 minutes before our 6:30 reservation and every one of the shaded patio tables was taken with groups who had clearly just been seated.Shoulder shrug was all we got from management.We had to sit inside so no access to music. Food was extremely mediocre.
- good food butsnowshoeDined on 8/26/2014dinner outside on the patio a beautiful summer night the food was excellent. The service didn't match the food. We had to ask for water to be refilled several times and the waiter was just not properly attentive on a slow Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Not the place for steakHerbDined on 8/25/2014The food here is generally excellent. The clam chowder is wonderful. We had the bread pudding with ice cream for desert...very notable. I had strip steak with sauteed spinach and fingerling potatoes. Big disappointment. the steak was tough and the spinach hard to find. Best to avoid steak at this place.. However, I had short ribs on a previous visit andthey were excellent. Overall this is a fine place ; arguably the best restaurant in the Meridith/ Center Harbor/ Moultonborough area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy find in Center HarborMeasDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at this restaurant when it was owned by others--so so-- but we were delighted with the new owner's menu. We had two evenings to eat out and chose to go back because our first dinner was so good. We had salmon and fillet mignon, both entrees delicious. Starters, scallops and mussels. Ordered them the second time because they were so good. We are from the NY area, so we are spoiied, but this restaurant was as good as or even better than we get at home.Special Features:
- good food and ambiance at Lavinia'swinni123Dined on 8/22/2014We hadn't been to Lavinia's since it replaced the Coe House a couple years ago. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The braised short ribs were excellent and the marinated skirt steak was done perfectly (and was a huge amount of meat). The restaurant still has a comfortable feel and the 2-floor bar was packed. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table requestWinniVIPDined on 8/21/2014Despite putting in a table and a specific lounge request, it was not honored upon our arrival. We had out of town guests and had to wait while the staff tried to find us a table. Not a good endorsement for using Open Table.Special Features:
- menu and quality of foodhappycatDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were both disappointed with our dinners. I had the house pasta which I found salty and generally lacking in flavor. My husband had fish and chips, and he wasn't sure if the fish was frozen fish or over cooked. Also, we would like to see more choices on the menu...limited selection.Special Features:
- Saturday nightMindoDined on 8/16/2014We were a party of five and ordered a variety of entrees. They were all perfectly prepared and delicious. We had asked for a quieter room and we were very pleased with our seating accommodations, we could actually carry on conversations with out straining to hear each other. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointedEzzie33Dined on 8/16/2014We were greeted by a very nice hostess. The server was very confident but should not have been. We received two of our appetizers wrong and neither were fixed for us. My sons dinner was wrong as well. We asked about the fish taco seasoning and we were told it was not hot. Well it was. Our server later offered the table behind us the tacos without the seasoning. We were never given that as an option. Who puts a spicy seasoning on kids tacos? He at them but I think he was just really hungry. We asked twice for more bread because we didn't have enough to finish our cheese board and we never received any. This was a special evening for us and we chose to try a new restaurant to treat my parents to a nice night out. I wish we chose different.
- Lovely eveninglove2enjoyDined on 8/15/2014Food was delicious. Great spot to enjoy a dinner with family.Special Features:
- Best in the AreaHankDined on 8/15/2014We have found that Lavinia's offers the best food and ambiance in the greater Meredith, NH area. The ambiance is fine, the food very good to excellent and our service excellent. This summer we were given possibly the best seats in the house, on the second floor, away from other diners and overlooking Meredith and Winnipesaukee. Overall an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food great serviceMaryGaryDined on 8/15/2014The young lady who greeted us needed some time in "smiley school". Once we got past that we loved the room we were in and out waitress Chelsea was outstanding. Pretty smile, helpful with questions about the meal and right on top of making sure we didn't need anything. The salad was remarkable, dressing was excellent and greens seemed fresh and crisp. The filet mignon was large, tender and done to perfection. In Center Harbor, this is a must do for fine dining. Gary and Mary EllenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!Kknh3Dined on 8/13/2014Amazing Wednesday night special! Jeanie, our server, was prompt and fantastic. Food was great and burgers cooked as asked! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!KRBSDined on 8/12/2014Great historical ambiance, focus on locally sourced food was complemented by exquisite cooking. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WONDERFUL SURPRISELocavoreDined on 8/12/2014This was out first visit to Lavinia's, and we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. Our server, Christian, could not have been more pleasant or more accommodating. Unquestionably, he is among the best servers my wife and I have experienced. We will return frequently!Special Features:
- LiveToDineOutVIPDined on 8/10/2014Food was good (as usual) but service this time left a lot to be desired. We ordered a split salad and entrees. We were offered bread and said yes. The bread came after a while as it was in the oven. Then our entrees almost immediately -- the salad order was never put in. So we ate our entrees and left to grab dessert at another place.Special Features:
- Great PotentialPotentialDined on 8/9/2014The food was delicious, I had the Lobster Alfredo, which had a delicious Alfredo sauce, lovely pappardelle pasta, But very little Lobster, having a single barely legal summer lobster claw and small bits of lobster in the sauce. My wife decided to go with a smaller dinner, and had the Pan Seared Scallops Appetizer, cooked perfectly, there were four scallops and that equaled twice the meat than was served with the Lobster Alfredo,Special Features:
- Very, Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014After reading reviews on TripAdvisor my husband and I decided to try Lavinias for our 15th Anniversary dinner. They gave us a table all by ourselves in a little alcove, the waitress was bubbly and attentive w/o hovering. The house sald with wine soaked cherries was outstanding, we both had the filet which was tender and just slightly over-cooked, the alfredo sauce on the pasta was the best I've had in years. We didn't order desert as we were full. We talked about returning before we left our table and we do eat out often so that says a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!stacirVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place is tucked away and is one of the best restaurants in the area by far!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!BetteDined on 8/8/2014We had a fantastic meal outside with a lovely lake view. So much fun to eat outside on a perfect summer evening. Waitress, Chelsea, was so pleasant and accommodating. We love to go to the tavern also for the specials Sunday through Thursday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh so disappointedwenwenDined on 8/6/2014I have been to this restaurant several times, including under the previous owner and used to count on a great experience. Twice this summer we had very disappointing dinners. The scallops were a favorite menu item. Now they are very oily. Not just the scallops, but the side salad as well. Also, recently we tried the pork belly sliders. We know pork belly is a very fatty meat, but there should be some meat. Two of the three sliders were 100% fat, white, jiggly fat. The manager was condescending and insisted that even though she did not eat meat she knew that what they should look like. We tried showing pictures off our smart phones...but she was smarter. The wait staff are fine, but management should take a class in customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treasure!blarondeVIPDined on 8/5/2014Five of us arrived an hour before our reservation because we arrived by boat early to avoid a storm. Our hostess invited us to wait in a comfy lounge area to enjoy a cocktail. Before long, we were escorted to a corner table with a lake view, and all of us enjoyed our dinners. Tables are a little close so we were careful to keep our voices down, but the house is lovely and the atmosphere is very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Lavinia'sPaladinAlumni88Dined on 8/5/2014Our family of 5 had a wonderful dinner....each of us got a different item on the menu and none of us was disappointed.....portions were perfect - although we wish we hadn't cleaned our plates, as we would have welcomed leftovers for lunch next day! The most amazing dish was the Lobster Alfredo....well worth the price tag. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the historical home was decorated with taste and elegance....it still felt like a home....it was not overdone. The service was stellar. We highly recommend Lavinia's and plan to return when we are back in NH.Special Features:
- Great romantic night out!SatisfiedDined on 8/4/2014The food, the ambience, the wine, and even the dessert made for a great and memorable evening- recommend this place to anyone looking for a special night out.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/2/2014This is a great spot in Center Harbor. The dining rooms have a beautiful, classic lake house feel while the separate bar is completely different interesting rustic look and feel. The food was excellent all around and the whoever is hiring the wait staff is doing a great job. Use the town dock and its just a short walk to this cool gem.Special Features:
- Fish and chips and moreOutofTowner731Dined on 7/31/2014This entre was overlooked and the fish was ver dry. My dinner partner had a pasta dish this was also dry. She had to add olive oil from the table to give it some flavor. Not worth the trip?...Special Features:
- Dinner on July 26, 2013doobsterDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining at Lavinia's. The couple we went with had been there a few times and raved about the food. The food was outstanding. The arancini balls with chicken were outstanding as was my braised short ribs. My husband had the pasta dish that he thoroughly enjoyed. Service was outstanding! Just an A+ night all around.Special Features:
- LavinasDined on 7/22/2014Food was great. Noise level was bad. It is in an old house with guests seated in various small rooms of the house. Everyone's conversation was heard loud and clearly. This was some what unpleasant as the table next to us had too much to drinkSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceHZbitDined on 7/21/2014Every year we enjoy an adults night out. This was our second time at Lavinia's and it didn't fail us. Great atmosphere, wonderful food. I'm only glad my dad paid, because it is a pricey night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripBirthdayboyDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I dined here for her birthday dinner . Our reservation was handled very efficiently and our table was ready upon our arrival . Reserevations are highly recommended . The food , drinks and service were spot on . She had chowder and fresh lobster meat over salad . I had fish and chips . Both meals were excellent . I would recommend getting the fish and chips in seperate dishes . The menu is very scattered and unfocused . They were out of the steak selection on a Sunday night . However , I am sure that all can find something to order and enjoy .Special Features:
- luv2tasteDined on 7/20/2014Another great meal. Filet was perfectly cooked. Will definitely go back.Special Features: