19009 Preston Rd. Ste 200
Dallas, TX 75252Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavendou.com/
- Phone: (972) 248-1911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: François Soyez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can seat up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Cayet 8885644131
A word from Lavendou Bistro
Lavendou, a retreat into the French countryside - a place where life is savored as much as the food. Lavendou is thoroughly French, from the inviting decor to the gracious service and authentic cuisine. But don't expect it to be pretentious. Owner Pascal Cayet is dedicated to providing service that is friendly and efficient. And you will find Chef François Soyez's menu to be deliciously approachable. Serving the lighter fare of Southern France, Lavendou offers many items to tempt your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavendou Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (96)romantic (93)notable wine list (48)great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (33)good for groups (28)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Decent Neighborhood RestaurantPhoenixDined on 11/15/2014Visited Lavendou at 6:30 on a Saturday night. The restaurant was slightly more than 1/2 full when we arrived. By the time we left around 8 p.m., the restaurant was full with parties waiting at the bar. This lead to a very noisy (not intimate) dinner experience. You could hear your dinner partner, but the ambient noise level was too loud for our tastes and detracted from the ability to appreciate our food. I would suggest coming on a week night. The wait staff was fantastic, attentive without pushy, making sure they took our orders for dessert early so that the kitchen had time to prepare. (I had an apple tart- saw many souffles being carried to tables) The food was very good, not fantastic. We started with escargot and smoked salmon. The smoked salmon was nicely done, lightly smoked and the selection of toppings clever and tasty. We then had rack of lamb and tenderloin. Both were cooked to the exact doneness we had requested. The tenderloin and sauce were very well done. The ratatouille and potatoes served with the lamb were very well done, although I did not care for the rosemary sauce. It was too heavy and tomato(y) for the lamb. Although lamb has a distinct flavor, too much opposing flavor in the sauce drowns out the taste of the lamb. If I was to order this dish again I'd have the sauce on the side. The lamb itself was tender and flavorful. The apple tart was well done- the pastry was especially well done. I did not care for the liqueur? sauce that was poured on the plate under the tart for presentation. The flourless chocolate cake was divine. Overall, we had a good dining experience, but for the $$$ will seek a another french restaurant more to our tastes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Love love love this restaurant! We always have fabulous food, and splurge on the soufflé which is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/14/2014Lavendou continues to be our favorite restaurant in the Dallas area. The service and food are never a disappoint with so many choices. It was very crowded last Friday (a private party in the back room and too cold for patio dining) so I'm glad we had a reservation. The owner, Pascal, constantly checks on his guest to make sure they are happy with their meal. Lavendou is the perfect place for a fun, enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant for a special night dinnerdnoonanVIPDined on 11/11/2014We went for a wine dinner, which was great. Lavendou amazes me that they can handle large crowds, this dinner was 32, with no drop at all in quality or service. We have attended New Year's Eve dinners and Valentine's Day dinner as well as this wine dinner. Each had a special menu. The food is perfect every time. Not many restaurants can keep their quality and service at this level with large crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FoodEarthMomEODined on 11/11/2014Every year my husband takes me to Lavendou on our anniversary. We love the food, the quiet atmosphere, and enjoy the French décor and style. The roast duck just melts in your mouth, and the steak is always delicious. We have never had a bad food experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/10/2014great food but i will try a different entree next time, the pork was too sweet for my taste. great wine list and good suggestions from the waiterSpecial Features:
- wonderful!!luv2travelDined on 11/8/2014This is a wonderful french restaurant and the food is awesome! We have been there 3 times now since February and every visit has been spectacular! We look forward to our next visit, and highly trend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France Near Plano...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014It's not the French Room at the Adolphus; but, it's still pretty good for far north Dallas... I'd recommend it; the service was outstanding. The food was Ok; the charcuterie could have been more creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Food, So-so ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014i have been to Lavendou 3 times (dinner and lunch), and found the food really so so in French country food standard. I have made advance reservations to request for specific table we like. The hostess did not accommodate our request. we were always placed at tables that are along the corridor with no privacy. Interesting, I noticed they placed most minorities (Black and Asian) in bad table locations. It strikes 3 times, and it is out.
- Never disappointsKeaneideasDined on 11/7/2014This neighborhood gem is a constant. The food is always consistent and for a French restaurant, reasonably priced.Special Features:
- for a quiet lunch or couples dinnerLindaDined on 11/6/2014Lavendou Bistro is a lovely country French experience in the middle of a strip shopping center, convenient to George Bush and North Dallas. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Lavendou ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2014Lavendou is consistently excellent. We have been there several times for lunch and dinner and the food is always superb. We agreed that we need to go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great high teadinner4twoDined on 11/5/2014Enjoyed our high tea lunch with my girlfriends! Food was good except the sandwich bread was dry. The scone was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent qualityyoungsmile8Dined on 11/4/2014Good food and nice experience. Like the music! Quick seating and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely as usualRKSSVIPDined on 11/4/2014Asked for wine recommendation; Nice recommendation; We ordered 2. However, When bill came each was charged $3 more than printed on menu. I paid it because we were with friends, but wasn't right.Special Features:
- VennieDined on 11/4/2014My job requires many lunches with intelligent conversations. Lavandou is my go to restaurant for fine food, impeccable service and a noise level that allows me to conduct business in a beautiful setting. Thank you!Special Features:
- consistantly fineBusterVIPDined on 11/1/2014Teo is an excellent server and if you can ask for him by name you will be treated well. it was a saturday evening and full restaurant; noiser than we like but still the food was top notch. highly recommended.
- Great menu & foodDeniseDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time to dine here. Food was great. The place was really busy, but operated very well. Food was great! Excellent Rib Eye - Very rich & soaking in herb butter. Moved off both patties of butter, but what melted was wonderful!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014This is a great restaurant in every way. Food and staff are outstanding. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants!bossVIPDined on 10/31/2014I dine here every 2 months or so and the food is always consistently delicious! They always have a special menu or two which my husbands selects from often as they are fabulous. Notable wine list too. Patrick was our server and was also fantastic with great conversation.Special Features:
- Perfect as alwaysYolandaVIPDined on 10/28/2014If a romantic date night is what you are aiming for, you cant go wrong with Lavendou. Its my absolute favorite place and Tuesday nights with music by Patrick makes it even more romantic yet fun. I cant wait to go back for our girls night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousgoldengirlDined on 10/24/2014It is always a little daunting to pick a restaurant with a menu that is written in another language but this place is so worth having to point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was off.dina972Dined on 10/24/2014Last time we were here was 3 years ago, I lovedit. This time, not so much. The server was not rude but definitely trying to rush us. Also, beware that the food that the server said was gluten free actually wasn't. One of my dining companions got a reaction from the dish she ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribledianeVIPDined on 10/21/2014I've been to Lavendou's several times before, but this time the server was terrible. Not at all attentive. He did not explain anything about the menu or the 2 loose pieces of paper inside the menu. He asked if we wanted the wine menu only after asking us immediately after being seated if we wanted something to drink. Just not friendly at all. I would still recommend this restaurant because I think this was an exception, rather than the rule. We've always had wonderful food & service previously. I will give it another chance soon.Special Features:
- One of the best!HineSrDined on 10/18/2014Saturday night, I had a birthday party for my wife and several family members. We had been to Lavendou before for lunch, but not dinner. If anything, dinner was better than lunch. We were greeted by a cheerful host and taken right to the table. Our waiter, Patrick, immediately appeared and with good humor took our drink orders. After a respectful interval he returned for our food order and was very helpful in assisting us to choose from a great selection. The food was excellent and cooked perfectly. We now consider Lavandou as one of our top restaurant choices in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Food and ServiceKELDOVIPDined on 10/18/2014Everyone aims to please. The food and service are always top notch. The pretty patio is highly recommended during this spell of great Dallas weather too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014excellent food and service. reasonable prices oh and it felt great to connect with some one who speaks french. Felt at home. Will definitely be back! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High teadinner4twoDined on 10/11/2014Great high tea place! The scone was excellent! The service was fine. Even though we were asked to pay soon, but they let us stay as long as we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MahaloDined on 10/2/2014I took my daugher for ther 16th birthday as a surprise. She didn't know what kind of restaurant it was until she started reading the menu and was even more surprised. We both had teh cesar salad which was excellent. My daughter had the Tilapia Grillé à la Provençale, which she said was very delicious. I had the Entrecôte Grillée des Halles which was excellent, the best steak i have had in a long time. Dessert was just as delicious, my daughter had the Tarte aux Pommes and i had Soufflé au Chocolat. That was my very first Soufflé and oh i wanted more. All the food served was more delicious than i imagined. We will be returning there for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysLyndleartDined on 9/29/2014We are never disappointed with the food or service. Always an excellent experience and one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We really impressed our friends with dinner at Lavendou's. They proclaimed to return with their families.Special Features:
- Had a great mealFredDined on 9/26/2014Lavendou Bistro is a great little french restaurant. Good food very good service. Try the french fries they are excellent.Special Features:
- Special OccasionJayeVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great food and ambiance with very attentive service. Worth the commute even if not close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/ Poor ServiceTiKHDined on 9/20/2014The food was good but not for the price we paid. The service is impersonal! We watched two other tables arrive, dine and leave before our meal came to our table. No apologies, no visit from the manager. This is our third trip to Lavendou and this will be our last. Maybe our server would have liked us better had we ordered alcohol.
- Family FavoriteAuntJenDined on 9/19/2014This place has been a favorite for more than a decade. My dad used to take my.mom here regularly and more than once I sponsored a family celebration of his birthday at Lavendou. I live in Houston so I am not able to take advantage of the mid week specials. But since we list my dad I've taken to one on one dinners with mom at Lavendou to elebrate her birthday or other anniversary. The place feels like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experience.newyankeeDined on 9/19/2014It's not Paris or Lyon but once inside the French Bistro feel comes through quite well. Will return again, and again.Special Features:
- Welcome to FranceKeaneideasDined on 9/18/2014This is a great and consistently enjoyable experience. The duck is exceptional, and we have only found one dish that never makes the wow factor level and that is the lobster bisque. This place has reasonable wine selection and prices and the service is a cut above many contenders.Special Features:
- Nice experience as usualJeanMarieDined on 9/17/2014Nice atmosphere, good food - very consistent over the years.Special Features:
- Good food!GigiDined on 9/13/2014Arrived for our reservation at 6:30 and was promptly seated. Waiter was very knowledgeable about wine list and menu with specials. We chose the halibut and rib eye. Both were very good along with the Caesar salad and the French onion soup. For dessert we all had soufflés. Delicious! Although the service was very good, we did feel slightly rushed to have our table cleared of all dishes. At one point we had to tell the staff that we were still eating from the plate they were taking away! Would recommend to others despite this!!!!Special Features:
- Thrilled!acovert4UDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I were looking for a first class Parisian dining experience and we found it in our own neighborhood! We were thrilled to discover Lavendou Bistro. We loved every thing from the welcoming atmosphere to the Grand Marnier souffle desert!!!Special Features: