19009 Preston Rd. Ste 200
Dallas, TX 75252Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavendou.com/
- Phone: 9722481911x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: François Soyez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can seat up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Cayet 8885644131
A word from Lavendou Bistro
Lavendou, a retreat into the French countryside - a place where life is savored as much as the food. Lavendou is thoroughly French, from the inviting decor to the gracious service and authentic cuisine. But don't expect it to be pretentious. Owner Pascal Cayet is dedicated to providing service that is friendly and efficient. And you will find Chef François Soyez's menu to be deliciously approachable. Serving the lighter fare of Southern France, Lavendou offers many items to tempt your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavendou Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (110)fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (99)notable wine list (63)great for outdoor dining (51)great for lunch (51)good for groups (34)great for brunch (19)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014This is my number 1 place for special occasions, and sometimes when I just want everything to great. It is always "just right" in every regard.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Food, service & ambiance were great!! However, the noise level was TOO HIGH!! We were at a table for 4 and found it hard to converse over the guitar player with the background music accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciouspatandalDined on 8/26/2014Lavendou always gives the diner the feeling of "Specialness". The wait staff is very attentive....Theo is our favorite). Management always comes by to greet the diner and to make sure your meal is exceptional. It's the perfect place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyRogueGardenerDined on 8/25/20141. My son and I were shown the most poorly located table. I asked to be moved to another table... I really dislike when I have to have to request a better table when the are plenty un-reserved. 2. My son ordered the duck.. it was dry and over cooked. 3. My meal was supposed to served on Paparelle -- was not on the plate.. by that time why bother mention it.
- Great first experienceDinerDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at Lavendou. Overall, the food was really good. The steamed mussel appetizer lacked flavor, so it was not a good start. However, they knocked it out of the park with the entrees; we had the veal with port sauce and special sole plate. And let’s not forget the soufflé’s, they were absolutely amazing. Our waiter was good and attentive. This was our first time there and it will definitely not be our last.Special Features:
- Provence CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Since I've been to Lavendou Bistro before, I knew it would be an enjoyable place to take friends for Restaurant Week. We weren't disappointed. The quality and preparation of the food was almost perfect. The chef prepared food which wasn't pretending to be French. It WAS French. The restaurant is lovely, but not pretentious. Our waiter, Jean Philippe, was excellent, and he was just helping out for Restaurant Week! The prices on the regular menu seemed appropriate for the quality of the food and the delightful atmosphere. This is a very nice place to take friends or to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- too crowded and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The tables were too close together so much so that the staff kept bumping our chairs every time they tried to get near other tables. The service was slow. The nose was so loud that it was hard to hear the people across own our table. The hostess area was cramped too close to the door and we were passed over several times by the hostess before we were seated. The food was a good value fro Restaurant Week but overall the experience did not make us want to become more regular customers.
- Great as usualsylbradDined on 8/23/2014We arrived for our 7pm reservation and were seated immediatley. Great service, great food and as usual excellant souffle. We have been to Lavendou many times and are never disappointed. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GppdJerryDined on 8/23/2014Lavendou is one of our new favorite places. Great cocktails. Great dining, service. All nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mademebDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and very classically French. The salmon in puff pastry was exceptionally well cooked. The staff was attentive and informative. I would have to say that the high point of our lunch experience was dessert. The chocolate mouser was rich and delicious. The floating islands in vanilla cerements were also very good. So....please do not skip dessert!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ExperiencerlsmDined on 8/23/2014The chicken and lamb kebobs were absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful anniversary dinnertexgal10Dined on 8/21/2014We dined here for our 10th wedding anniversary, and it did not disappoint. Everything we tried was delicious, we were given a nice table by the window, and service was attentive without being intrusive or making us feel rushed. French food is kind of our go-to for special occasions, and we have found our new spot for celebrating. We're looking forward to going back when it's not so hot and I'm not pregnant to enjoy dinner on their pretty patio with a nice glass of wine. They also had a very talented singer who sang everything from Opera to the Fugees, which made for a nice touch. My only complaint was that the seats are rather hard, so after being there for a little over 90 minutes, our bottoms were sore.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysKethleyDined on 8/16/2014We have been coming to Lavendou for years and each time we go back we remember just how amazing everything is. The service is second too none. They all take pride in providing you with a feeling that you are part of the family. We started off with the lobster bisque and steamed muscles (best thing on the menu). From that my bride had a NY Strip and I the duck. we then had a Chocolate souffle, and every single thing was outstanding. I highly recommend Lavendou to everyone.Special Features:
- Great new find!LoverofbooksDined on 8/16/2014If you're looking for something different Lavendou Bistro is a great find! A versatile menu is offered, as well as a set 3 course menu where one can choose an appetizer, main course and dessert for $35.00. We ordered from each. The mushroom pastry appetizer, veal medallions for a main course and chocolate pear dessert were all delicious. Service was excellent and we had a wonderful anniversary celebration. Having been in France several times I had high expectations and I was not let down! We will definetely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food is excellent. Great wine list. Service is OK, ambience is OK.
- Excellent menu with good serviceRCMcKDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was , cheerful, french, knowlegable and very attentive. The menu is always good. Relaxing venue. We went on a Saturday night and had the "Restaurant Week Special" Salmon. Very good and flavorful but maybe a bit over cooked;but considering the busy nature of Restaurant Week this might be expected. We are not regular visitors but go to Lavendou 3-4 times per year. Definetly a "keeper" French Restaurant. We are glad to have Lavendou in our Plano neighborhood.Special Features:
- Wonderful wonderfulAndyDined on 8/16/2014From the moment we arrived, we were treated so special. Our waiter EPA,pered us as if we were the only table he had to wait on. Food was terific also. Will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodFool2222VIPDined on 8/15/2014Upon arrival the restaurant was prompt and inviting. When we sat down, our server gave us plenty of time to catch up before ordering wine. We must have taken 30 minutes or so. He was very patient and made the comment that he was there to wait on us, not the other way around. Dinner was great, first time having french food and I would return.Special Features:
- excellent lunchEatOutOftenVIPDined on 8/14/2014First time to go for lunch, usually eat dinner. Went for Restaurant Week. Wonderful soup, salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BistroAsisDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful spot for lunch or brunch. The ambiance was excellent and food yummy. We had crepes. My sister in law said the decor made her think she was back in the French countryside. Loved all the beautiful pottery. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fab food, awful musicCarolDined on 8/12/2014The food was fabulous, the service outstanind but the noise level was unbearable. Table of five and it was difficult to talk to anyone across the table. I asked once for them to tone it down and they did. Then somebody ramped it back up. I would never go there if you really wanted to have a special conversational dinner. The noise does not make it a hot spotSpecial Features:
- AnniversarydiningdaveDined on 8/9/2014Escargot-amazing! Great use of bread to clean the dish. Beef carpaccio salad- excellent. Wife got filet of beef and loved it (those are not your basic French fries that come with it.) I had filet of sole with crabmeat and it was very flavorful. Dessert- chocolate soufflé, wonderful. Our waiter suggested a moderately priced French syrah that we both agreed was just right. Service was great. Would highly recommend for a special occasion or if you just are ready for a nice change from the usual.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesp2planoDined on 8/9/2014We have been dining at Lavendou for many years and have never, ever been disappointed. It is our anniversary "go-to" restaurant, place to take friends for special occasions, and real get-away from the same old/same old fare. Live music with Patrick on Tuesdays is mellow and don't forget to order a soufflé for dessert when you order your meal. Even though I love chocolate, I think the Gran Marnier soufflé is the best. Consistently great.Special Features:
- Lavendou's a gemMatt02Dined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed Restaurant Week 2014 dining menu with a delicious Malbec then coffee with Frangelico with dessert. Wonderful evening and attentive service in the charming French country decor. Lighting was just right to read the menu and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lagram24Dined on 8/8/2014Our first experience dining here. Food was magnificent, small size tables (we were only 2). Glad we dined early because the noise level grew as more and more diners came in. We will be back for more superb food.Special Features:
- consistently greatnicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014the service and food is consistently great and the specials are always surprisingly delicious. One cannot go wrong at LavendouSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Went to High Tea. Tea was wonderful. Sandwiches were only fair. Scones delicious. Pastries good. Atmosphere great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Tea Pretty GoodChristi8312013Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed High Tea. The petite sandwiches were dry but everything else was awesome!
- Great night of dining pleasuremarktdinesDined on 7/26/2014As a veteran of the shuttered Chez Gerard, I was glad to be able to re-live the dining experiences that I enjoyed there. The ownership is the same and the menu is similar. Pascal and his staff were very friendly and made for a very pleasant and tasty experience. The duck with cassis sauce was delicious. I added the french onion soup and ended with the chocolate souffle. Very nice combo. Will return.Special Features:
- PatriqueJerryDined on 7/19/2014Lavendou is quite a drive from our home in Lakewood, but we both agreed it was worth the drive and that we will definitely go back. We arrived at 6:30 for dinner and that was good as the Saturday night crowd hadn't yet filled all the tables. Our server, Patrique -- you can call me Patrick -- was helpful, colorful, and full of personality. Never haughty, never rushed. Our cocktails were perfect -- French gin -- and dinner was a delight -- the lavender honey pork loin was excellent. The souffle' -- (order in advance) was a special treat. C'est magnifique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brillianthelipilot50Dined on 7/19/2014The is place is a remarkable. If you like French cuisine and enjoy fine wine, then this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great food!ConnieDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service! So excited that they had the confited duck legs as specials. Always love and and I think it should be added to the regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slip-upCharterDined on 7/18/2014Everything was great. . . . . except they didn't fill a special request. On the reservation I requested that they have the ingredients for a Praline Souffle for my husband, since we were going to celebrate his birthday. The last time we were at Lavendou's, one of the owners told us they could prepare the Praline Souffle if we gave them several days notice. We did, they did not. They seemed to be unaware of the request, and did not have the ingredients. I don't know if this was a Lavendou problem, or an Open Table reservation problem. Either way, there was no Praline Souffle. My husband was OK with the Raspberry Souffle as his substitute.Special Features:
- wonderfuldjhdjhVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was my husband's and my first dinner visit to the restaurant. It was absolutely wonderful. My husband is European and he kept saying he felt like he was in France. Great food and wonderful wine list. Waiters were in the weeds so service a bit slow but everything else made up for it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Fun place for dinner. Live music. Fun atmosphere. Must be patient. Not a rushed meal.Special Features:
- Very nice dining experiencechucklestxDined on 7/17/2014Were here for Bastille' day special dinner. I had cold cucumber soup that was very good, others had the frisee salad and they loved it. One diner had the sole, two had the beef tournedos and I had a killer pork chop w/ apple brandy sauce and it was excellent. The deserts were the killer finish with my wife's and my pear crepes' being superb and the other couples mixed fruit and apple tart being very nice as well. Very good rerasonably prices White Picpoul Blanc with the meal was perfectSpecial Features:
- Delicious restaurantMaddoxDined on 7/14/2014We were here for Bastille day - what a crowd for a Monday night. Special menu and even entertainment! Our group of four was a dinner business meeting - and the food was outstanding. There are not many choices in north Dallas-Plano-Richardson for fine dining and I am very thankful for Lavendou.Special Features:
- Delightful dinnerTourist2013Dined on 7/14/2014We dined at Lavendou to celebrate Bastille Day. The regular menu was available, but we ordered from the special prix fixe menu for the event. Escargots were nicely done. Cold cucumber soup was too heavily seasoned with dill for my taste, but the consistency was good and the portion was generous. Steaks were cooked exactly as ordered, and duck confit was well presented with tasty salad and gratin potatoes. Tarte aux pommes was good. Crepes Belle Helene beautifully presented, but I would have liked much more intense pear flavor. Service was very good, especially considering how busy the restaurant was that evening. The guitarist playing French favorites was a nice touch. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HectorHectorDined on 7/12/2014Scrumptious food, excellent service. Everything was beautifully prepared and presented. Tables are closer together than we would have liked.Special Features:
- fridayDined on 7/11/2014Bisque de Homard -Lobster Bisque,Traditional Caesar Salad, bread, Canard Rôti au Cassis Roasted Duck With Cassis Sauce Served with Wild Rice -- all good. but Moules Marinière au Saffron -Steamed Mussels in White Wine, cream and Saffron was not fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.