19009 Preston Rd. Ste 200
Dallas, TX 75252Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavendou.com/
- Phone: 9722481911x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: François Soyez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can seat up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Cayet 8885644131
A word from Lavendou Bistro
Lavendou, a retreat into the French countryside - a place where life is savored as much as the food. Lavendou is thoroughly French, from the inviting decor to the gracious service and authentic cuisine. But don't expect it to be pretentious. Owner Pascal Cayet is dedicated to providing service that is friendly and efficient. And you will find Chef François Soyez's menu to be deliciously approachable. Serving the lighter fare of Southern France, Lavendou offers many items to tempt your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lavendou Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)romantic (112)fit for foodies (108)neighborhood gem (104)notable wine list (68)great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (44)good for groups (37)great for brunch (16)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Welcome to FranceKeaneideasDined on 9/18/2014This is a great and consistently enjoyable experience. The duck is exceptional, and we have only found one dish that never makes the wow factor level and that is the lobster bisque. This place has reasonable wine selection and prices and the service is a cut above many contenders.Special Features:
- Nice experience as usualJeanMarieDined on 9/17/2014Nice atmosphere, good food - very consistent over the years.Special Features:
- Good food!GigiDined on 9/13/2014Arrived for our reservation at 6:30 and was promptly seated. Waiter was very knowledgeable about wine list and menu with specials. We chose the halibut and rib eye. Both were very good along with the Caesar salad and the French onion soup. For dessert we all had soufflés. Delicious! Although the service was very good, we did feel slightly rushed to have our table cleared of all dishes. At one point we had to tell the staff that we were still eating from the plate they were taking away! Would recommend to others despite this!!!!Special Features:
- Thrilled!acovert4UDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I were looking for a first class Parisian dining experience and we found it in our own neighborhood! We were thrilled to discover Lavendou Bistro. We loved every thing from the welcoming atmosphere to the Grand Marnier souffle desert!!!Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014The high tea was wonderful, the wait staff fabulous, exceptional service. it was a wonderful start to our visit with family.Special Features:
- Great evening, as always!BelomorVIPDined on 9/11/2014As always food and service were outstanding! Very nice selection of wines, with a good advice. We have been coming there for years, and we will be back! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Charming French BistroSuzeegirlDined on 9/11/2014This little gem is in a nice strip center on Preston Rd. Charming and cozy inside. Excellent food and service. We were there on a Thursday evening and apparently they were having a wine pairing in a back area which sounded like something we would return to participate in with friends. Portions are well worth the $$$. Traditional French country. We loved it and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulJeffVIPDined on 9/6/2014Can't say enough about the service and food. Never have had a slightly bad experience and entertainment when present is always delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel live you are in ProvencejanitaDined on 9/6/2014A wonderful restaurant which makes you feel at home and is reminiscent of Provence, both in the decorating and in the food. Ask for Patrick who is from France. A lovely spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drbillcDined on 8/30/2014This was a nice, comfortable place with very good food.Special Features:
- Fantastic find in the plano areaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Lobster bisque was amazing. I had the tenderloin,my husband had the trout. Both were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014A delightful evening with an excellent Bordeaux (under $40) and wonderful food. Lavendou is the perfect restaurant with so many choices and great staff from the hostess to the chefs.Special Features:
- French gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Great food and service. First time there as part of Dallas Food Week. We will be back!Special Features:
- great food and service. good barlavendouDined on 8/29/2014Very nice romantic spot. Good service and food. Good bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceJohnVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was our first visit and it was very nice. I will mix things a bit. My tenderloin was outstanding. My friend had the pork chops and they were a bit dry. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and the pork chops don't seem to be on the normal menu. One appetizer, Tarte de Leguems etc" was outstanding as was the Fruits Napoleon for dessert. Service was outstanding. The quality of the food was just a bit mixed - up and down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!PickleVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've dined a few times at Lavendou and have never been disappointed - great food, knowledgable staff and a good atmosphere - thanks!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week EntreJeane56Dined on 8/28/2014Chicken breast entre was rather bland. Served with large helping of plain pasta that felt like it was just "filling the plate".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LavendouReviewdallasdinerDined on 8/28/2014The escargot was a little bit salty. The pork chop was dry. It was a little bit noisy.Special Features:
- Consistently Wonderful MealRockyDined on 8/28/2014Superb Salad (restaurant week eggplant, greens, pastry, exquisite dressing), Tournedos were perfect, crispy vegetables, best frites ever and bread and butter are addictive! Chocolate Mousse was good but I would have like a little whipped cream on mine. I eat here 5-7 times a year and have always been delighted with superb tasting menus and 5 star service!Special Features:
- Always a DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014This is my number 1 place for special occasions, and sometimes when I just want everything to great. It is always "just right" in every regard.Special Features:
- HummingbirdDined on 8/26/2014Food, service & ambiance were great!! However, the noise level was TOO HIGH!! We were at a table for 4 and found it hard to converse over the guitar player with the background music accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciouspatandalDined on 8/26/2014Lavendou always gives the diner the feeling of "Specialness". The wait staff is very attentive....Theo is our favorite). Management always comes by to greet the diner and to make sure your meal is exceptional. It's the perfect place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyRogueGardenerDined on 8/25/20141. My son and I were shown the most poorly located table. I asked to be moved to another table... I really dislike when I have to have to request a better table when the are plenty un-reserved. 2. My son ordered the duck.. it was dry and over cooked. 3. My meal was supposed to served on Paparelle -- was not on the plate.. by that time why bother mention it.
- Great first experienceDinerDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at Lavendou. Overall, the food was really good. The steamed mussel appetizer lacked flavor, so it was not a good start. However, they knocked it out of the park with the entrees; we had the veal with port sauce and special sole plate. And let’s not forget the soufflé’s, they were absolutely amazing. Our waiter was good and attentive. This was our first time there and it will definitely not be our last.Special Features:
- Provence CharmKathleenDined on 8/23/2014Since I've been to Lavendou Bistro before, I knew it would be an enjoyable place to take friends for Restaurant Week. We weren't disappointed. The quality and preparation of the food was almost perfect. The chef prepared food which wasn't pretending to be French. It WAS French. The restaurant is lovely, but not pretentious. Our waiter, Jean Philippe, was excellent, and he was just helping out for Restaurant Week! The prices on the regular menu seemed appropriate for the quality of the food and the delightful atmosphere. This is a very nice place to take friends or to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- too crowded and noisydmlwilliamsDined on 8/23/2014The tables were too close together so much so that the staff kept bumping our chairs every time they tried to get near other tables. The service was slow. The nose was so loud that it was hard to hear the people across own our table. The hostess area was cramped too close to the door and we were passed over several times by the hostess before we were seated. The food was a good value fro Restaurant Week but overall the experience did not make us want to become more regular customers.
- Great as usualsylbradDined on 8/23/2014We arrived for our 7pm reservation and were seated immediatley. Great service, great food and as usual excellant souffle. We have been to Lavendou many times and are never disappointed. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GppdJerryDined on 8/23/2014Lavendou is one of our new favorite places. Great cocktails. Great dining, service. All nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mademebDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and very classically French. The salmon in puff pastry was exceptionally well cooked. The staff was attentive and informative. I would have to say that the high point of our lunch experience was dessert. The chocolate mouser was rich and delicious. The floating islands in vanilla cerements were also very good. So....please do not skip dessert!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ExperiencerlsmDined on 8/23/2014The chicken and lamb kebobs were absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful anniversary dinnertexgal10Dined on 8/21/2014We dined here for our 10th wedding anniversary, and it did not disappoint. Everything we tried was delicious, we were given a nice table by the window, and service was attentive without being intrusive or making us feel rushed. French food is kind of our go-to for special occasions, and we have found our new spot for celebrating. We're looking forward to going back when it's not so hot and I'm not pregnant to enjoy dinner on their pretty patio with a nice glass of wine. They also had a very talented singer who sang everything from Opera to the Fugees, which made for a nice touch. My only complaint was that the seats are rather hard, so after being there for a little over 90 minutes, our bottoms were sore.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysKethleyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been coming to Lavendou for years and each time we go back we remember just how amazing everything is. The service is second too none. They all take pride in providing you with a feeling that you are part of the family. We started off with the lobster bisque and steamed muscles (best thing on the menu). From that my bride had a NY Strip and I the duck. we then had a Chocolate souffle, and every single thing was outstanding. I highly recommend Lavendou to everyone.Special Features:
- Great new find!LoverofbooksDined on 8/16/2014If you're looking for something different Lavendou Bistro is a great find! A versatile menu is offered, as well as a set 3 course menu where one can choose an appetizer, main course and dessert for $35.00. We ordered from each. The mushroom pastry appetizer, veal medallions for a main course and chocolate pear dessert were all delicious. Service was excellent and we had a wonderful anniversary celebration. Having been in France several times I had high expectations and I was not let down! We will definetely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food is excellent. Great wine list. Service is OK, ambience is OK.
- Excellent menu with good serviceRCMcKDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was , cheerful, french, knowlegable and very attentive. The menu is always good. Relaxing venue. We went on a Saturday night and had the "Restaurant Week Special" Salmon. Very good and flavorful but maybe a bit over cooked;but considering the busy nature of Restaurant Week this might be expected. We are not regular visitors but go to Lavendou 3-4 times per year. Definetly a "keeper" French Restaurant. We are glad to have Lavendou in our Plano neighborhood.Special Features:
- Wonderful wonderfulAndyDined on 8/16/2014From the moment we arrived, we were treated so special. Our waiter EPA,pered us as if we were the only table he had to wait on. Food was terific also. Will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodFool2222VIPDined on 8/15/2014Upon arrival the restaurant was prompt and inviting. When we sat down, our server gave us plenty of time to catch up before ordering wine. We must have taken 30 minutes or so. He was very patient and made the comment that he was there to wait on us, not the other way around. Dinner was great, first time having french food and I would return.Special Features:
- excellent lunchEatOutOftenVIPDined on 8/14/2014First time to go for lunch, usually eat dinner. Went for Restaurant Week. Wonderful soup, salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BistroAsisDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful spot for lunch or brunch. The ambiance was excellent and food yummy. We had crepes. My sister in law said the decor made her think she was back in the French countryside. Loved all the beautiful pottery. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fab food, awful musicCarolDined on 8/12/2014The food was fabulous, the service outstanind but the noise level was unbearable. Table of five and it was difficult to talk to anyone across the table. I asked once for them to tone it down and they did. Then somebody ramped it back up. I would never go there if you really wanted to have a special conversational dinner. The noise does not make it a hot spotSpecial Features: