78073 Calle Barcelona
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavenderbistro.com/
- Phone: 7605645353x
- Hours of Operation:
Join us nightly for our popular Happy Hour from 4:00 to Close.
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lavender Bistro's catered events will take our wonderful dining experience into your home or venue of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: For private functions or special occasions, our private room, private small patio or semi-private large patio are available. For larger parties, weddings, or banquets, the entire restaurant is available for your dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Nicolas Despras 7605645353x
- Entertainment: Live Music Nightly - piano and vocals.
A word from Lavender Bistro
Experience Lavender Bistro. At Lavender we combine the finest meats and seafood with the freshest organic ingredients to create unforgettable dishes. Dine indoors in a warm, cozy atmosphere or on our stunning tree-lined patio. Lavender Bistro also prides itself on providing superb live music daily to set a warm and friendly atmosphere for you and your guests.Continued
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lavender Bistro - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Lavender Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (22)good for groups (12)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Second time hereDebbersDined on 10/27/2014I have had the occasion to sample this lovely restaurant twice and have not been disappointed either time. The decor is tasteful and romantic and the food has been consistently good. 5 of us went and all experienced a different entree with each one as good as the next. The tuna was fresh and well presented as was the filet, flatiron sole and chicken dishes. The accompanying side dishes were plentiful and well thought out. My only complaint would be that there are a lot of tables squeezed into the outdoor space and if full it can be quite noisy and crowded...but overall well worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningLavenderVIPDined on 10/27/2014From the moment we were seated outside we were under the spell of lavander we had not had the opportunity to dine outside with our son and his lovely lady as the desert had winds or was too hot to do so whenever they visited us but this time "score" And they too were also spellbound The food was served temptingly and the mushroom soup was especially delisciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a missed beat!michylobDined on 10/25/2014We visited Lavender on Saturday evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. From the moment we were seated, our waiter Reggie was attentive, helpful with menu choices and delivering excellent service. The food was outstanding! Everything was absolutely delicious - I just loved the San Danielle Prosciutto and Fig Salad! Our party enjoyed the mussels, crispy salmon, and flatiron steak. Lavender serves the best crispy french fries imaginable too. Desert was outstanding and the decadent chocolate souffle was an absolute hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST in the Valleyblueyes1005Dined on 10/24/2014Not enough words to describe how impressed we were with this restaurant. Outdoor seating is magical with tiny white lights on tree trunks, with tables perfectly appointed within the patio space. Live music, ambiance plus+, staff makes you feel welcome and appropriately attentive. The food is definitely worth the price...it was extraordinary, a true culinary delight. Lavender's Bistro deserves all the stars there are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavender Bistro is such a treat!lovetodine7VIPDined on 10/24/2014Lavender Bistro is such a lovely restaurant. The outdoor patio, with the lights and live background music, is just lovely. The food is consistently deliciousSpecial Features:
- Not just a bistro...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014... but a beautiful, romanic garden with twinkling trees, water, flowers, not to mention great food, live entertainment with a soft touch and not too loud, a hostesses with the mostest, attentive knowledgeable waiter, all to result in a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Very goodKathleenDined on 10/24/2014Lavender is a perfect setting with impeccable service. The food is unique but I would give it a 9 out of 10 rating.Special Features:
- ExcellentMJRMTDined on 10/19/2014Beautiful outdoor dining, very good food, great service, well worth the drive from PS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatynDined on 10/18/2014All 6 of shared appetizers & each ordered their own entree & everyone was satisfied & said they would return. Beautiful setting, very good service & excellent presentation of very tasty food.Special Features:
- I'll be backGRP1Dined on 10/17/2014Great experience. I'll visit again. Friendly staff make you feel welcome. Beautiful outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- DelightedletsdineDined on 10/17/2014I've been enjoying Lavender Bistro since it opened and I'm never disappointed. They have it down correctly for all restaurants to emulate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restarauntGOPHeffelumpDined on 10/15/2014Lavender Bistro is a wonderful spot with a great outdoor dining area and fantastic food. One of our favorite spots in La Quinta.Special Features:
- UnhappyinthedesertUnhappyinthedesertDined on 10/15/2014I am no longer "unhappy". Decided to give Lavender's Bistro another try. Thanks to the manager Michel, responding so quickly to my negative comments. This experience was wonderful!! Lovely outdoor seating...great service from everyone. food was cooked perfect and the music was outstanding!! We will definitely be coming back to Lavender's!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulmortyDined on 10/12/2014Truly a beautiful restaurant. Out door patio is the best. The bar is lively with different music and the outsideSpecial Features:
- Always a Wow evening for ussnowchickDined on 10/12/2014This is our treat-yourself go-to restaurant for a beautiful experience. We don't go out often, but when we do I want a lovely atmosphere where you can hear the conversation around your table easily. The after-dark patio experience is so beautiful with all the trees in the courtyard lit up, yet if you've never dined there in the daylight of early evening, the lavender napkins and classic decor are just gorgeous. Service and food are always so good and dependable. We always reserve the patio.Special Features:
- Magical lights!laquintaladiesDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant just opened up the night before we arrived after being closed for the season. We were expecting a few people, and were pleasantly surprised by the crowds there. We got a great table outside under the lighted trees, and it was perfect. The tuna tartare is not to be missed. The steak tartare was a bit too mustardy, but good nonetheless. Wines by the glass were good. And, we were not rushed. All in all, a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLEBARONI2425Dined on 10/4/2014IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME FOR THIS DINING EXPERIENCE TO BE PLACED AT THE TOP OF YOUR LIST. NICK'S RESTAURANT FILLS ALL THAT YOU CAN ASK FOR. A GREAT NIGHT. THE GUESTS YOU BRING WILL LOOK AT YOU AND SAY YOUR TASTE IN FINDING THE BEST IS NOW A PROVEN FACT. IF YOU CAN ARRANGE TO HAVE "RICK" AS YOUR SERVER PLEASE DO.Special Features:
- Lovely venuefionaUDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed a beautiful outdoor dinner. The twinkling lights, lovely live music & great food make this a very special restaurant!Special Features:
- The following 889 reviews are from the Lavender Bistro reviews archive.
- Stay away from the shrimp curryGrammyKDined on 6/28/2014My husband ordered the shrimp curry, having been assured by our waiter that it was light and not spicy. It turned out to be a brown sauce that was sweet and he just couldn't eat it. The waiter was gracious and brought out a requested salad instead, did not charge us for the dinner, and still brought us an anniversary desert. My filet of sole was outstanding, however, and I would highly recommend it. We were disappointed that the patio wasn't open. Yes, it was hot, but that's why most places have misters in the summer. The patio was just so full of atmosphere and there was live music out there. We will try again, though.Special Features:
- Great MealDesertDinerDined on 6/26/2014Had a wonderful meal. The food was excellent. Two people had the filet and one had fish. Everyone loved it. The waiter was more intrusive than we wanted otherwise I would have given it 5 stars.Special Features:
- bobbyDined on 6/21/2014truly excellent;great food and wine,good service;very nice ambience;i would certainly recommend it for a special occasion or any timeSpecial Features:
- Evening to RememberKappaDDined on 6/20/2014We love Lavender Bistro. We have been coming here for happy hour for 3 years now. Our realtor introduced us to it. Now, we celebrate special dates here for dinner. My husband and I both had the filet of sole. It was outstanding. It was our 29th wedding anniversary and they treated us with a delicious molten lava cake with ice cream for dessert. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always an outsatanding experienceeat4lifeDined on 6/19/2014This was our third visit and we have never had any issues with the food or the staff.Special Features:
- La Quinta's GemJadoreFranceDined on 6/17/2014As a foodie, the dinner portion of my birthday is by far the best and most important. Living in north Orange County, Ca I found myself driving 100 miles just to dine here at Lavender, as I've seen it on past visits. And let me tell you it did NOT DISAPPOINT!!! It was worth every mile to dine in this extraordinary establishment they call a "California inspired French restaurant" the beauty of their classic decor, reinforcing the lavender colour as much as possible. With my group of 4 we delighted ourselves with quite a broad spectrum of dishes. With that said I can reassure you that everything and anything you receive to consume will be devoured with great joy and bliss as this restaurant can only provide satisfaction in every which way!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014This is our favorite restaurant. We went for Sunday dinner. Great food, no corkage on Sunday...it could not have been better! Loved the Tomato salad, lobster salad and chicken palliard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placeNancyDined on 6/13/2014We loved Lavender Bistro! We have been 4 times since our first visit, May 31st. That was the last time we were able to sit outside, and it was magical. We were celebrating a big birthday, and the service was great, and food was perfect. I had the pork chop, which was the best one I have ever had at a restaurant. Since then, have had the salmon, which was wonderful, LOVED the cauliflower puree, and the flat iron steak, a little bit spicy but tender and perfectly done. Ate in the bar one night, and had the Kobe beef sliders, which were very filling, french fries to die for! Our friends thought their fish was dry, and our server was very concerned, backed off the corkage, and gave them free desert. Very classy, over and above.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A TREAT!!!BogartDined on 6/12/2014Although the patio was closed, as summer has arrived in the desert, the indoor dining was lovely. This is one of our favorites. The food is yummy and the ambience terrific. Too bad they aren't open year-round. If you are looking for a romantic evening, so there. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014The service was extremely good from the time we arrived, to getting our drinks and food. We had lamb and steak. Both were overlooked. The lamb ordered rare was medium am Nod the NY steak ordered medium rate was medium well. The taste was very good but over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATREDWINELOVERDined on 6/9/2014A great place to have a quite dinner, or a group function, or a small party of friends. You have to let them know if a special day such as, birthday's, anniversaries, etc… They will do all possible to make it a special day for them…Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!LqgigiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Came for Restaurant Week menu and had one of the best meals ever!!! Great food, staff & ambiance!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite La Quinta RestaurantJelloVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our 5th trip, but with new friends and they as well loved the restaurant. Service was great and the meals were incredible. The lobster entrée salad for dinner here is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentthevidiotDined on 6/7/2014This was a pleasant evening in a nice place. It was too warm to eat outside but we had a table near the window so we got the light and the view. All food was well prepared and the service was outstanding. I will return!Special Features:
- Restuarant week renewalMaroisronVIPDined on 6/7/2014We enjoy Lavender Bistro and used the restaurant week as the excuse. The food was outstanding and the service even better. This is a must try and return restaurantSpecial Features:
- Overpriced UnderservicedFamilyof4Dined on 6/6/2014Dissapointed in the overall experience. Nice ambiance but the service was slow and food overpriced. So much potential being lost in bad service.Special Features:
- Lavender's in La Quinta is lovely!TravelswithZoDined on 6/6/2014Elegant dining in the old town area of La Quinta and the food was wonderful. I started with the best mushroom soup I've ever had and for dinner I enjoyed the pork chop and the trio of sorbets and berries for dessert. Every course was very generous. My guests had the Ahi Tuna which was also amazing. The restaurant is beautiful and a perfect distance from other tables so you have the privacy to enjoy your guests and conversations. This was our first visit and will look forward to our next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Older crowdKepsf1213Dined on 6/6/2014Food was great, and despite the heat , eating outside was nice. Median age the night we were there must have been 75+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!oldschoolVIPDined on 6/5/2014We have dined at Lavender many times. But, restaurant week, no one does a better special menu! My choices were three cold soups, duck breast and the four deserts sampler. Just wonderful in presentation. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/4/2014popcorn shrimp salad was excellent as was the duck breast. patio dining very romantic.Special Features:
- MellenDined on 6/3/2014We were there for restaurant week. Never been there but heard good things about it. Waiter was not particularly friendly. My husband was trying to decide between the duck or the lamb. Waiter recommended the duck. When meals arrived husband got lamb? Thought he ordered duck. He said that was fine he really wanted lamb and it was very good. I had vegetarian ravioli. Somewhat dry, could have used a sauce. Waiter never came around to see how meal was?!?! Even though I tried to get his attention. Disappointed this time. Will try again during normal business hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Happy Surprise2TravelingOmnivoresDined on 6/2/2014We were lucky enough to get to sample LB during restaurant week and were delighted by the freshness of the ahi, the delicious, delicately curried fish stew and the dessert sampler. Even the bread and (yes!) hard butter were great. We'll be back asap.Special Features: