78073 Calle Barcelona
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavenderbistro.com/
- Phone: 7605645353x
- Hours of Operation:
Join us nightly for our popular Happy Hour from 4:00 to Close.
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lavender Bistro's catered events will take our wonderful dining experience into your home or venue of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: For private functions or special occasions, our private room, private small patio or semi-private large patio are available. For larger parties, weddings, or banquets, the entire restaurant is available for your dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Nicolas Despras 7605645353x
- Entertainment: Live Music Nightly - piano and vocals.
A word from Lavender Bistro
Experience Lavender Bistro. At Lavender we combine the finest meats and seafood with the freshest organic ingredients to create unforgettable dishes. Dine indoors in a warm, cozy atmosphere or on our stunning tree-lined patio. Lavender Bistro also prides itself on providing superb live music daily to set a warm and friendly atmosphere for you and your guests.Continued
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lavender Bistro - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Lavender Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- KatynDined on 10/18/2014All 6 of shared appetizers & each ordered their own entree & everyone was satisfied & said they would return. Beautiful setting, very good service & excellent presentation of very tasty food.Special Features:
- I'll be backGRP1Dined on 10/17/2014Great experience. I'll visit again. Friendly staff make you feel welcome. Beautiful outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- DelightedletsdineDined on 10/17/2014I've been enjoying Lavender Bistro since it opened and I'm never disappointed. They have it down correctly for all restaurants to emulate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restarauntGOPHeffelumpDined on 10/15/2014Lavender Bistro is a wonderful spot with a great outdoor dining area and fantastic food. One of our favorite spots in La Quinta.Special Features:
- UnhappyinthedesertUnhappyinthedesertDined on 10/15/2014I am no longer "unhappy". Decided to give Lavender's Bistro another try. Thanks to the manager Michel, responding so quickly to my negative comments. This experience was wonderful!! Lovely outdoor seating...great service from everyone. food was cooked perfect and the music was outstanding!! We will definitely be coming back to Lavender's!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulmortyDined on 10/12/2014Truly a beautiful restaurant. Out door patio is the best. The bar is lively with different music and the outsideSpecial Features:
- Always a Wow evening for ussnowchickDined on 10/12/2014This is our treat-yourself go-to restaurant for a beautiful experience. We don't go out often, but when we do I want a lovely atmosphere where you can hear the conversation around your table easily. The after-dark patio experience is so beautiful with all the trees in the courtyard lit up, yet if you've never dined there in the daylight of early evening, the lavender napkins and classic decor are just gorgeous. Service and food are always so good and dependable. We always reserve the patio.Special Features:
- Magical lights!laquintaladiesDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant just opened up the night before we arrived after being closed for the season. We were expecting a few people, and were pleasantly surprised by the crowds there. We got a great table outside under the lighted trees, and it was perfect. The tuna tartare is not to be missed. The steak tartare was a bit too mustardy, but good nonetheless. Wines by the glass were good. And, we were not rushed. All in all, a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLEBARONI2425Dined on 10/4/2014IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME FOR THIS DINING EXPERIENCE TO BE PLACED AT THE TOP OF YOUR LIST. NICK'S RESTAURANT FILLS ALL THAT YOU CAN ASK FOR. A GREAT NIGHT. THE GUESTS YOU BRING WILL LOOK AT YOU AND SAY YOUR TASTE IN FINDING THE BEST IS NOW A PROVEN FACT. IF YOU CAN ARRANGE TO HAVE "RICK" AS YOUR SERVER PLEASE DO.Special Features:
- Lovely venuefionaUDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed a beautiful outdoor dinner. The twinkling lights, lovely live music & great food make this a very special restaurant!Special Features:
- Stay away from the shrimp curryGrammyKDined on 6/28/2014My husband ordered the shrimp curry, having been assured by our waiter that it was light and not spicy. It turned out to be a brown sauce that was sweet and he just couldn't eat it. The waiter was gracious and brought out a requested salad instead, did not charge us for the dinner, and still brought us an anniversary desert. My filet of sole was outstanding, however, and I would highly recommend it. We were disappointed that the patio wasn't open. Yes, it was hot, but that's why most places have misters in the summer. The patio was just so full of atmosphere and there was live music out there. We will try again, though.Special Features:
- Great MealDesertDinerDined on 6/26/2014Had a wonderful meal. The food was excellent. Two people had the filet and one had fish. Everyone loved it. The waiter was more intrusive than we wanted otherwise I would have given it 5 stars.Special Features:
- bobbyDined on 6/21/2014truly excellent;great food and wine,good service;very nice ambience;i would certainly recommend it for a special occasion or any timeSpecial Features:
- The following 885 reviews are from the Lavender Bistro reviews archive.
- Evening to RememberKappaDDined on 6/20/2014We love Lavender Bistro. We have been coming here for happy hour for 3 years now. Our realtor introduced us to it. Now, we celebrate special dates here for dinner. My husband and I both had the filet of sole. It was outstanding. It was our 29th wedding anniversary and they treated us with a delicious molten lava cake with ice cream for dessert. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always an outsatanding experienceeat4lifeDined on 6/19/2014This was our third visit and we have never had any issues with the food or the staff.Special Features:
- La Quinta's GemJadoreFranceDined on 6/17/2014As a foodie, the dinner portion of my birthday is by far the best and most important. Living in north Orange County, Ca I found myself driving 100 miles just to dine here at Lavender, as I've seen it on past visits. And let me tell you it did NOT DISAPPOINT!!! It was worth every mile to dine in this extraordinary establishment they call a "California inspired French restaurant" the beauty of their classic decor, reinforcing the lavender colour as much as possible. With my group of 4 we delighted ourselves with quite a broad spectrum of dishes. With that said I can reassure you that everything and anything you receive to consume will be devoured with great joy and bliss as this restaurant can only provide satisfaction in every which way!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014This is our favorite restaurant. We went for Sunday dinner. Great food, no corkage on Sunday...it could not have been better! Loved the Tomato salad, lobster salad and chicken palliard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placeNancyDined on 6/13/2014We loved Lavender Bistro! We have been 4 times since our first visit, May 31st. That was the last time we were able to sit outside, and it was magical. We were celebrating a big birthday, and the service was great, and food was perfect. I had the pork chop, which was the best one I have ever had at a restaurant. Since then, have had the salmon, which was wonderful, LOVED the cauliflower puree, and the flat iron steak, a little bit spicy but tender and perfectly done. Ate in the bar one night, and had the Kobe beef sliders, which were very filling, french fries to die for! Our friends thought their fish was dry, and our server was very concerned, backed off the corkage, and gave them free desert. Very classy, over and above.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A TREAT!!!BogartDined on 6/12/2014Although the patio was closed, as summer has arrived in the desert, the indoor dining was lovely. This is one of our favorites. The food is yummy and the ambience terrific. Too bad they aren't open year-round. If you are looking for a romantic evening, so there. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014The service was extremely good from the time we arrived, to getting our drinks and food. We had lamb and steak. Both were overlooked. The lamb ordered rare was medium am Nod the NY steak ordered medium rate was medium well. The taste was very good but over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATREDWINELOVERDined on 6/9/2014A great place to have a quite dinner, or a group function, or a small party of friends. You have to let them know if a special day such as, birthday's, anniversaries, etc… They will do all possible to make it a special day for them…Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!LqgigiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Came for Restaurant Week menu and had one of the best meals ever!!! Great food, staff & ambiance!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite La Quinta RestaurantJelloVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our 5th trip, but with new friends and they as well loved the restaurant. Service was great and the meals were incredible. The lobster entrée salad for dinner here is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentthevidiotDined on 6/7/2014This was a pleasant evening in a nice place. It was too warm to eat outside but we had a table near the window so we got the light and the view. All food was well prepared and the service was outstanding. I will return!Special Features:
- Restuarant week renewalMaroisronVIPDined on 6/7/2014We enjoy Lavender Bistro and used the restaurant week as the excuse. The food was outstanding and the service even better. This is a must try and return restaurantSpecial Features:
- Overpriced UnderservicedFamilyof4Dined on 6/6/2014Dissapointed in the overall experience. Nice ambiance but the service was slow and food overpriced. So much potential being lost in bad service.Special Features:
- Lavender's in La Quinta is lovely!TravelswithZoDined on 6/6/2014Elegant dining in the old town area of La Quinta and the food was wonderful. I started with the best mushroom soup I've ever had and for dinner I enjoyed the pork chop and the trio of sorbets and berries for dessert. Every course was very generous. My guests had the Ahi Tuna which was also amazing. The restaurant is beautiful and a perfect distance from other tables so you have the privacy to enjoy your guests and conversations. This was our first visit and will look forward to our next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Older crowdKepsf1213Dined on 6/6/2014Food was great, and despite the heat , eating outside was nice. Median age the night we were there must have been 75+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!oldschoolVIPDined on 6/5/2014We have dined at Lavender many times. But, restaurant week, no one does a better special menu! My choices were three cold soups, duck breast and the four deserts sampler. Just wonderful in presentation. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/4/2014popcorn shrimp salad was excellent as was the duck breast. patio dining very romantic.Special Features:
- MellenDined on 6/3/2014We were there for restaurant week. Never been there but heard good things about it. Waiter was not particularly friendly. My husband was trying to decide between the duck or the lamb. Waiter recommended the duck. When meals arrived husband got lamb? Thought he ordered duck. He said that was fine he really wanted lamb and it was very good. I had vegetarian ravioli. Somewhat dry, could have used a sauce. Waiter never came around to see how meal was?!?! Even though I tried to get his attention. Disappointed this time. Will try again during normal business hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Happy Surprise2TravelingOmnivoresDined on 6/2/2014We were lucky enough to get to sample LB during restaurant week and were delighted by the freshness of the ahi, the delicious, delicately curried fish stew and the dessert sampler. Even the bread and (yes!) hard butter were great. We'll be back asap.Special Features:
- 2nd Time a Bust-Service BadMemberVIPDined on 6/2/2014Ate at LB last year for Restaurant Week and it was our favorite of the seven we dined. This year, not so much. The soup trio arrived ice cold, as if the dishes had been in the fridge for the past 3 hours. The pasta was oily and tasteless, but the lamb was good. The dessert plate was tasty, but arrived disheveled due to the waiter. The service was horrendous! Our waiter (can not remember his name) was disintererested, missed one person's wine flight, poured 1/4 of a margarita on the table and did not offer to have it refreshed or even apologize. He slide plates while serving, which ruined the chef's presentation and made the dishes look askew. He never checked on us during the meal. Very disappointing dinner, when expecting more.
- Fabulous FooddeblaquintaDined on 6/1/2014Great Good. I had the organic, farm-raised salmon and it was absolutely delicious. I love food when it is served sizzling hot. Beautiful patio and relaxing atmosphere. Only negative, we tried to order two wines on their list and they were out of both.Special Features:
- love lavender slioncrestDined on 5/31/2014There isn't anything to say negative about Lavenders!Service,food,ambiance-ALL above the norm.Special Features:
- Service MeltdownFoodie63Dined on 5/31/2014Lavender is beautifully decorated and a fine setting for lunch and dinner. The food is good but conventional and unexciting. On our first visit to Lavender with friends the service was deplorable. We were seated inside, given water and then abandoned for 25 minutes! When we asked where our server was nobody knew or even knew who our server was supposed to be. After a few more minutes a server from the outside patio appeared looking befuddled and said she would take our orders. The manager apologized and cut out bill by a generous amount. But our evening was ruined. The excuse? The server we were supposed to have was "overwhelmed". On the oft-chance the problem is managerial and goes deeper, we're not apt to return any time soon.Special Features:
- Don't drink the waterjamesVIPDined on 5/30/2014First night of restaurent week. five of us had the seafood medely which was terrific as were the starters. The only disappointment was the water that tasted like it came out of a rubber garden hose, even the lemmon didn't help. We told the waiter, but he has no comment, i think it was his first night,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014I was in town for a conference and planned on hosting some professional colleagues for a meal so Lavendar Bistro was recommended. I made my reservation on Open Table and called the day if the reservation to clarify our reservation details including asking for a set menu. They stated they couldn't do that for a partyif 13 but could offer me the Restaurant week menu that had three courses at $38. I agreed. We seated at 6:45 and the reservation was for 7 pm. We were't given drinks or bread until 7:15 pm and we're given both the regular restaurant menu and the restaurant menu which made everyone ordering, quite confused. We didn't have our meals until after 8 pm and were the last to leave and placed next to their lounge act which was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhyllisVIPDined on 5/28/2014Always a wonderful dining experience, very consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningFrequentflyersVIPDined on 5/26/2014We are frequent clients of LB but mostly for the lively bar scene with its excellent menu. This last time we booked the dining room and the spectacular outdoor patio. The patio is very romantic interspersed with large trees and widely spaces tables. Of course lavender is the predominant theme. Attentive, friendly service with still the air of professionalism. We has oysters on the half, salmon- tuna tartar, bococicino -tomato salad, dinner lobster salad and ciopinno. All courses were properly prepared and presented appropriately. Would be difficult not to order again despite many other interesting selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.