78073 Calle Barcelona
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lavenderbistro.com/
- Phone: (760) 564-5353
- Hours of Operation:
Join us nightly for our popular Happy Hour from 4:00 to Close.
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Raul Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lavender Bistro's catered events will take our wonderful dining experience into your home or venue of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: For private functions or special occasions, our private room, private small patio or semi-private large patio are available. For larger parties, weddings, or banquets, the entire restaurant is available for your dining pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Nicolas Despras 7605645353x
- Entertainment: Live Music Nightly - piano and vocals.
A word from Lavender Bistro
Experience Lavender Bistro. At Lavender we combine the finest meats and seafood with the freshest organic ingredients to create unforgettable dishes. Dine indoors in a warm, cozy atmosphere or on our stunning tree-lined patio. Lavender Bistro also prides itself on providing superb live music daily to set a warm and friendly atmosphere for you and your guests.Continued
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lavender Bistro - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Lavender Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)special occasion (73)romantic (72)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (41)hot spot (28)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (15)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of the nicest restaurants around!jackieDined on 11/21/2014This place is truly a gem! Beautiful, romantic...great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- squeakyVIPDined on 11/21/2014I love lavender bistro . So romantic . Great music . Luv the 2 bars . Beautiful outdoor dining . Great waitstaff . Excellent food . Nice hostesses . Easy parking . Luv the happy hour in the bar all evening . Great value for the money . Best restaunt in la quint .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniareviewVIPDined on 11/20/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant. What a beautiful setting - great food, music and service. Our server Reggie was courteous, charming and efficient - just wonderful. We will return every time we are in the desert and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply, an amazing dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We entertained client's at Lavender Bistro, this past Thursday. The food was amazing, the ambiance of the outdoor "Cabana" was so inviting, and the entertainment just pulled the evening together. A superb experience for all! A hidden gem of La Quinta! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New FavoriteseattlefoodieDined on 11/20/2014We were staying in La Quinta for the first time after years of life in Palm Desert, and we're searching for a great dinner spot. We definitely found it with Lavender Bistro. The patio is the place to be with twinkly lights, heat lamps to keep you toasty and wonderful live music played at just the right decibel. Amazing menu and outstanding service. We are going back again tonight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening for diningSharonp1894Dined on 11/19/2014Lavenders outdoor dining is the best LQ has to offer. Tables are spaced nicely apart to ensure you enjoy your guest conversation. Trees are lovely and at night lite with white lights as well as plenty of heaters to maintain a comfortable dining experience. The menu covers are palates all items are delicious. From the moment you arrive you will be happy with your dining experience. They provide valet but have ample parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Food service was slow. When food finally arrived it was barley warm. They knew there was a problem as they tried to make things right by giving us free deserts, There was eight in our party and we were not pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience ++++++OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014What a spectacular outdoor setting, and such excellent attentive service. The Ahi Tuna was So so good. Love this restaurant,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!FineDinerVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great food and service, and the speciality drinks are delicious! I always will recommend this hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely divineAuroraVIPDined on 11/13/2014Our first time dining at Lavender Bistro and we were suitably impressed. It had been highly recommended by more than one friend. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere on the outdoor patio was lovely with mini lights decorating the palm trees and a lone guitarist singing some old favorites. The food was excellent as was the service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite of oursSteakloverVIPDined on 11/11/2014A "must go to" place when in the area. Never, ever disappointed. Patio is beautiful, pianist entertains while you dine under the stars. 4 of us dined here. Began with the famous Lavender cocktail. Starters: : Famous cream of mushroom soup, beet salad, butter gem lettuce, seafood risotto. Entrees: filet of soul,hangar steak and frites. Dessert: Pecan pie and lattes. It was 1/2 price wine night too! Seriously, BEST meal!Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014This is one of our favourite spots, always nice to sit in open which they have done up so nicely.Special Features:
- The greatest in every way!!EllenVIPDined on 11/11/2014This is our facorite reataurant in the Desert! We look forward to dining attending Lavender Grill each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible servicemctsavvyDined on 11/10/2014on a Monday night we waited over 1 hour to get our cocktails alone; I noted on the reservation it was a special birthday event and there was no acknowledgement; I would have walked out if not for my family. we had to order several bottles of wine because they were out of stock. I have been there several times over the years and had wonderful experiences. it will be a while before I return.Special Features:
- Consistantly GoodMikeVIPDined on 11/10/2014Always a great place to eat and entertain. Service wasn't quite up to the usual howeverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinendineWinendineDined on 11/8/2014We have eaten at Lavenders on several occassions. It has never been a disappointment! We will always go back....Special Features:
- Never DisappointedSmittyDined on 11/7/2014Lavender's atmosphere is incredible. You get the feeling of an outdoor European bistro. Food was very good. Service excellent. There is live entertainment, which is a nice background to your dining experience. We are in La Quinta once a year and never miss dining here!Special Features:
- Fun place!Donaco80Dined on 11/7/2014The food was good and the outside ambiance was fun. Had a group of 8 and was enjoyed by all. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came backLovethedesertDined on 11/7/2014Living in the desert for last two years and tried a variety of different restaurants looking for the one we would go back, refer to friends and guests and can say Lavender is the only one that we can give a true " best restaurant, all things considered". Was not disappointed on any level! Will go back again for sure. Menu,quality, variety,presentation, ambiance, pricing, service. The patio is our favorite. MSSpecial Features:
- DELIGHTED1Delighted1VIPDined on 11/7/2014We dined on the patio which was very relaxing, festive, and warm. The food for the four of us was a "high" five!!!!!! The girls had crab legs, DELISH and very easy to eat the way they prepared them. Their cocktails are always "just right" along with great wine selections. We can't wait to return to Lavenders on our next visit. The ambiance and food surely are memorable. Ummmmm, hungry NOW! ENJOYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectConiVIPDined on 11/6/2014We always make it a point to dine here when we come to the desert and have not been disappointed. They have plenty of heaters so patio dining is very pleasant and the food is excellent. All of the staff from the hostess to the singer on the patio make for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visit, reserving judgementlyxgolfDined on 11/5/2014Lovely atmosphere with the lights and music. Service pleasant and professional but felt the bus people were way too energetic. We had hardly put our forks down and 3 people tried to clear our plates. Could have been what we ordered but the Seafood platter was not so good (tasted frozen). I think it is a restaurant where you need to pick the specialties and order accordingly. Overall a very nice experience and definitely want to give it another try. Oh, I happened to mention it was my husbands 50th and they were extremely thoughtful and surprised him with a complimentary super good chocolate / ice cream desert. Nice touch and completley unexpected! thank you for finishing on such a positive note. See you again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJLCD79755VIPDined on 11/5/2014This is our favorite restaurant and our first time back this season. Also the first time to be disappointed. Same waiter we have had for years but he was off, fogot things and my husband ordered fried oysters and they came on the half shell. Mussels were small and overcooked. My ahi was good. Just an off night!Special Features:
- Great place to celebratecooksnightoutDined on 11/4/2014This was our six time to Lavender Bistro and the food, service and outdoor dining just gets better and better We celebrated a birthday of one of guest and she was over the moon with everything the restaurant did. We can also count on them to have wonderful food and service for our guest and us.Special Features:
- Great wait staffElaineDined on 11/2/2014Having been there many times before, I appreciate the ambiance and wait staff. The food is good, but this time i did have to send my dinner back twice because it was cooked incorrectly. Our waitress Nati was so upset and she did everything to make it right. It was not her fault and we did show her how much we appreciated her service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go, unique foodAzjulieDined on 10/31/2014Love the setting with the lit up patio. The food was uniquely delicious and the best service we had our whole stay in Palm Springs! You don't want to miss this one!Special Features:
- Excellent Service-Beautiful settingTammyDined on 10/31/2014We were a group of 20 people and know that the logistics of serving a large number at the same time can be challenging. Lavender Bistro did an incredible job of serving our group. We were seated at one large table in the beautiful patio area. (Imagine a grove of trees with white lights wrapped around the trunks.) The servers worked as a team so there was never an empty water or drink glass. Every meal was served at the same time --- a sure sign of an organized and professional kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LavenderOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014Went for friends bday. Sat outside amidst the twinkling lights,and lively atmosphere. Food was fabulous( try the seasonal Pumpkin Soup) and we had impeccable service . Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great BUT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Great food, great on the Patio, but - this is not a restaurant to eat after 8.00 it would seem they like to close at 9.00! It was the first time we have eaten at a expensive restaurant and the bill came before we had finished our desert and before we had been offered coffee! When I tried to complain to the owner/manger we were informed he had already left, but my comments would be passed to him next day! Perhaps you will be luckier, but it would seem don't expect a late night at Lavender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodGPDPDined on 10/30/2014Always good as usual, especially appreciated our group of eight being seated at a round table. The seared ahi could have been a tiny bit better.Special Features:
- Delicious findMayMay1Dined on 10/29/2014My friend and I visited while on vacation in the area. We had already had a rather heavy, late lunch so we decided to eat a light dinner. Lavender Bistro has a wonderful menu, and I wish we would have had a bigger appitite. We started by sharing the Butternut Squash Ravioli appetizer. My friend thought it was very good, I've had better. We each had a salad, followed by their Wild Mushroom Soup. It was outstanding! We shared a dessert which was similar to a mini-pie made with figs and a dallop of Carmel ice cream.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysCAiRDined on 10/29/2014LAVENDER BISTRO NEVER DISAPPOINTS. OUTDOOR AMBIANCE IS BEAUTIFUL MUSIC NEVER INTRUSIVE ALWAYS ENJOYABLE FOOD IS EXCEPTIONAL VERY WELCOMING RESTAURANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coachella Valley's Bestrestaurantguy55VIPDined on 10/27/2014Our first time, this is open for the better part of the year, but, closes in the scorching months of July and August for good reasons. The ideal locale is outdoors. On a nice SoCal Autumn Evening, we were treated to excellent European-style service, cuisine, wine at moderate prices. This really is a gem. The owners and staff try hard. It shows. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Second time hereDebbersDined on 10/27/2014I have had the occasion to sample this lovely restaurant twice and have not been disappointed either time. The decor is tasteful and romantic and the food has been consistently good. 5 of us went and all experienced a different entree with each one as good as the next. The tuna was fresh and well presented as was the filet, flatiron sole and chicken dishes. The accompanying side dishes were plentiful and well thought out. My only complaint would be that there are a lot of tables squeezed into the outdoor space and if full it can be quite noisy and crowded...but overall well worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningLavenderVIPDined on 10/27/2014From the moment we were seated outside we were under the spell of lavander we had not had the opportunity to dine outside with our son and his lovely lady as the desert had winds or was too hot to do so whenever they visited us but this time "score" And they too were also spellbound The food was served temptingly and the mushroom soup was especially delisciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSoniaQDined on 10/26/2014Everytime I visit Palm Desert, I make sure I have diner at Lavender Bistro. Great food, very good service, completely delighted! Don't trust your GPS to find the place with the name but rather go by the address. Friends from Canada you will enjoy this place for sure. Amis du Québec, très bel endroit pour un souper entre amis ou en tête à tête.Special Features:
- Not a missed beat!michylobVIPDined on 10/25/2014We visited Lavender on Saturday evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. From the moment we were seated, our waiter Reggie was attentive, helpful with menu choices and delivering excellent service. The food was outstanding! Everything was absolutely delicious - I just loved the San Danielle Prosciutto and Fig Salad! Our party enjoyed the mussels, crispy salmon, and flatiron steak. Lavender serves the best crispy french fries imaginable too. Desert was outstanding and the decadent chocolate souffle was an absolute hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST in the Valleyblueyes1005Dined on 10/24/2014Not enough words to describe how impressed we were with this restaurant. Outdoor seating is magical with tiny white lights on tree trunks, with tables perfectly appointed within the patio space. Live music, ambiance plus+, staff makes you feel welcome and appropriately attentive. The food is definitely worth the price...it was extraordinary, a true culinary delight. Lavender's Bistro deserves all the stars there are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lavender Bistro is such a treat!lovetodine7VIPDined on 10/24/2014Lavender Bistro is such a lovely restaurant. The outdoor patio, with the lights and live background music, is just lovely. The food is consistently deliciousSpecial Features:
- Not just a bistro...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014... but a beautiful, romanic garden with twinkling trees, water, flowers, not to mention great food, live entertainment with a soft touch and not too loud, a hostesses with the mostest, attentive knowledgeable waiter, all to result in a wonderful dining experience.Special Features: