LaVecchia's Steaks & Seafood
214 North Tryon
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
LaVecchia's Steaks & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavecchias.com/
- Phone: 7043706776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30 - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Mike Rayfield
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Feel free to order off the menu or we can create a pre-set menu to fit your budget. Private room fits up to 30. Larger parties will feel comfortable in a section of our restaurant with incredible view of hanging art work.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Morasso 704-370-6776
A word from LaVecchia's Steaks & Seafood
Locally owned and operated since 1998, LaVecchia's is one of Charlotte's Icon restaurants. Located next to Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Movie Theater, Museums and walking distance to and from all uptown Hotels & Time Warner Arena. Voted Best Seafood in Charlotte. Visit our other local restaurants NIX Burger & Brew, Nick's Steak & Taphouse(Gastonia)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LaVecchia's Steaks & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The food was very good. The service was not. And it was too loud. We were seated near the bar which had large group of folks talking loudly. All the hard surfaces bounced the noise around which made it hard to have a conversation at our table. The restaurant needs to add some type of noise dampening fabrics or surfaces to help with the noise level. The wait staff needs more training specifically on checking back with the tables often and in a timely manner.
- Best Food!WeekenderDined on 10/13/2012The quality of the food was excellent. The soup, bread, salad and entres were perfect. The stuffed flounder was so tender and flavorful and the tuna dinner was great.Special Features:
- A delightful experience! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012A delightful experience! We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLadyDiVIPDined on 10/9/2012They just revamped the menu and it is still awesome. This is a great restaurant. Recommend the rib eye with blue cheese and bacon.Special Features:
- LaVecchia's is a seafood restaurantLordJeffDined on 10/6/2012LaVecchia's is a seafood restaurant so the seafood should be the showcase and of outstanding quality. My gulf oysters were just OK. They didn't seem super fresh. The mussels were TINY. The portion was generous but I felt I had to work to eat my dinner. My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi. The fish was well cooked but the sweet pineapple salsa on top took away from the fish.
- We enjoyed a delicious pre-symphonyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012We enjoyed a delicious pre-symphony dinner. I had the special flounder stuffed with crab; my husband ordered the crab cakes. Both were outstanding. Our server was pleasant, efficient, knowledgeable, and very helpful with the wine selection. The only negative was that they were out of decaf coffee.Special Features:
- Nothing special to this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012Nothing special to this place. Food was alright, not good and not bad. Definitely paying a little extra for location. Probably won't return.
- Customarily very niceFoodFansDined on 9/29/2012Our first trip to the "new" LaVecchia's after numerous evenings at the 7th Street location. Just as nice, a little more compact.Special Features:
- We were extremely disappointed.IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012We were extremely disappointed.I was excited to dine there from looking on the website at your menu. The menu was totally different we we arrived. I had crab cakes that had no crab meat but a lot of filler. We were visiting Charlotte and the restaurant came highly recommended, maybe they recommended the old menu. Left there and stopped at Wendy's.
- Excellent night of celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2012Every bite we took was excellent from surf to turf. LaVecchia's is one of our favorite places to go for special occassions and riding the light rail uptown makes it easy to get to.Special Features:
- Excellent food! This placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2012Excellent food! This place has gotten better since the management moved it to the new location. Highly recommend.
- Service was friendly and timely.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Service was friendly and timely. We loved the Crab and Corn Chowder. The Filet Mignon with the buttermilk potatoes and grilled asparagus were great. My husband really enjoyed the Pepper Crusted Prime Sirloin. The wines and beer were affordable. Liked the atmosphere. Last but not least, the Carrot Cake as well as the Chocolate fudge cake were delicious.
- We went to LaVecchia's forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We went to LaVecchia's for a special birthday dinner. While I would like to review the food we ate, we never got that far. I had to rate it as "poor" since "not applicable" was not an option. After ordering drinks, we sat for 10 minutes before the waitress returned to tell us that their computer system had crashed and they weren't able to fix it. She said that they would not be able to process any orders, that she was sorry and they could not serve us dinner. They were closing for the night...7:45pm on a Saturday!! There was only one other table occupied in the whole restaurant, maybe a sign??? Luckily we got into Luce (italian) next door...their food was excellent!! I definitely recommend Luce!Special Features:
- Will not visit again :(OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2012Was really excited to go to the much touted best seafood restaurant in the queen city but was very disappointed. Got a hotel room at the nearby Ritz Carlton and was ready to have a great dinner. Well the dinner started with funny tasting drinks that were off tasting and the food was as well. Calamari was way too salty and wife's lobster carbonara tasted only do greasy bacon. My salmon was only ok. The best part of the $100 dinner was the butter.... Good thing I splurged on the Ritz because date night would have made the night a real disappointment.
- Planned this visit specificallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2012Planned this visit specifically for whole lobster which supposedly is a house specialty. We arrived at 7:15 pm on a Saturday evening, August 18, and immediately mentioned to our waiter that we came for lobster. He regrettably announced that they only had one left. They only had six to begin the evening. The food we had was very good but what a disappointment to hear that this upscale establishment would start a busy Saturday evening with six lobsters.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Unfortunately my experience at Lavecchias was less than stellar. I chose the restaurant for my birthday dinner and my party included 6 people. Out of the 6, 3 people were forced to send their food back as it was extremely salty. The response from the waitress was very empathetic, but a manager was never sent to the table. After over hearing the complaints, a gentleman who seemed to be the head server (he never gave his title)assisted with having the dinners covered for the 3 inconvenienced patrons. The service was extremely slow which caused the meal to extend past 3 hours. The ambiance was very nice and the birthday cake made by the restaurants chef was the highlight of my evening. Even with the highs of the evening I would not recommend.
- Went for my wifes Graduation.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012Went for my wifes Graduation. Overall was a nice evening but unfortunately she wanted lobster and they had just sold the last one 20 minutes before we got their. She had surf and turf instead and it was very good. The mussels were the best I have had, so much so that I had two portions for an appetizer. I liked the previous location better than the current one but the food is still excellent.Special Features:
- The restaurant had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The restaurant had a nice atmosphere. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about every item on the menu we asked about. We ordered the tuna, seabass, and crab cale entrees and with the exception of the crab cakes the other two items were fantastic! The crab cakes were cooked and well but over seasoned. However, the Seabass was the the best seafood dish I ever ate!Special Features:
- Being my first experience.Love2EatDined on 8/3/2012Being my first experience. The restaurant was very nice and had a unique atmosphere. Our waitress, Mimi was personable and very attentive.. The appetizer as well as the main ciurse was iutstanding. Will most definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Too much noise...hard forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2012Too much noise...hard for anyone with hearing problems to hear the waitress (like me).Special Features:
- LaVecchia's never disappoints.finediningDined on 7/29/2012LaVecchia's never disappoints. The seafood is second to none as is the service. We will go again. Excellent!Special Features:
- mixed salad ok, ribeye ok,colbobDined on 7/29/2012mixed salad ok, ribeye ok, not great as was the strip steak in Jan. Sorbet excellent calamari good, mahi mahi ok, choc cake, very rich but good both entrees served on cold plates...mahi mahi sent back for warm plating. the special wine feature available by glass or bottle wasn't brought to our attentionSpecial Features:
- Waiter was very good and answeredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2012Waiter was very good and answered our questions, but I felt rushed toward the end of the meal. It was very noisy. The food was good but not over the topSpecial Features:
- Loved it! I cant wait to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Loved it! I cant wait to go back. Very impressed with menu, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- I know it was restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2012I know it was restaurant week but you would think this place would bring out its best to ENSURE you came back beyond restaurant week.....NOT THE CASE. My friends and I were not WOWed at all. The portions were extremely small....the Mahi Mahi was dry and non-seasoned and the asparagus looked as if it was fresh from a farmer that had a DROUGHT. The waiter acted as if he was annoyed that we were even there and that is a big NO-NO in customer service. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE and will not be back. I am going to write the owner as well and let him know if you want to attract a loyal customer base....bring out the GOOD STUFF and it will pay for itself later. They lost 4 customers that LOVE TO EAT OUT!!!
- Too noisy! Dessert was misrepresentBlueDined on 7/28/2012Too noisy! Dessert was misrepresented. It was Key Lime pie - not Key Lime crumb cake!. Parking ticket wasn't validated as we were told it would be if we parked in the Hearst Tower parking deck. Not a good night for any of us. We used to go to the old place where the restaurant was & liked it much better. There were 8 of us & none of us would recommend it nor will we go back.Special Features:
- We were sat at the backdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012We were sat at the backdoor that was being open constantly. The corn/clam chowder was delicious but the main dish and dessert were very bland. The waitress was very nice and attentive. We did go for the 3 for $30. After this experience we will not be going back.
- Great restaurant and have frequentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Atmosphere and Food was superb, except there was a group of people seated near by that was extremely noisy that certainly didn't fit the atmosphere.Special Features:
- We always pass LaVecchia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012We always pass LaVecchia's on our way to Belk theater and have wanted to give it a try! When we saw it on the list for Restaurant Week, we made reservations immediately. The food was great!! The soup was my favorite food of the evening. I ordered the lobster carbonara which was unexpectedly a little spicy. I would consider warning customers because it caught me a little of guard. Our waiter was very friendly but a little slow which was a frustrating. Regardless, we really enjoyed our experience and look forward to returning for drinks and apps before our next Broadway night!Special Features:
- Nice resturaunt, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Nice resturaunt, great service, excellent cocktails, greatSpecial Features:
- was there during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012was there during restaurant week. great selection of offerings for the "special week" menu. tasty & delicious. had a group of 8 and served without delay.
- We were stuck in a cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012We were stuck in a corner at a very small table. The people that came in that night were very underdressed. I guy had a ball cap on. The waiter poured two different kinds of wine in the same glass. The food was so so, small portions compared to other restaurants. Wouldn't return. The bartender did make a great martini.
- The food and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The food and atmosphere were great but service could have been better. The booths are high allowing for privacy and the small venue is cozy. My steak was brought to the table without a knife and when desert was delivered, it was set down and the server walked away without a word and before I could ask for a fork. There was great music playing in the background and the wine was great. I would definitely give it a second try!
- LaVecchia's- Huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2012I have dined at Levacchia's on several occassions. However, this time was dissappointing. Typically, I order the stuffed shrimp with mashed potatoes and seasoned vegetables. After learning that stuffed shrimp is no longer on the menu, I ordered ribye steak option from the restaurant week menu. The steak was extremely fatty. I was with a party of 7 and all 5 that ordered steak had the same issue. It was very clear that the quality was significally less than my previous experiences at LaVacchia's. There is no excuse for serving fatty steak at any restaurant especially one considered up scale. I will not go back again.
- Average for five star price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012While I did enjoy myself, I felt the food was on par with restaurants that cost half the price. The atmosphere also did not match the menu prices. It was rather loud, and the lighting felt a bit off. The waitress for some reason decided to talk down to us, and they were also out of two of the three dishes that I wanted. I will not be returning, the food felt on sub par with prices that were unrealistic.Special Features:
- Missed the Seafood Mark...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012Visited the restaurant as part of Charlotte Restaurant Week where the store generally offers a 3course meal of off a limited menu meant to showcase their specialities, and get people who might not of tried the restaurant before to come in. This has been a great way to experience new restaurants. The store uses the words "Steak and Seafood" in its title, but it missed the mark on the seafood. The Citrus Mahi Mahi was over done to the point of being tough, and was very "fishy" tasting. The rice and asparagus that came with it were also over done to the point the rice was mushy, and the asparagus was limp and chewy. My spouse ordered a Lobster Carbonara that was also over cooked. The lobster was "fishy" and chewy, and the pasta was mushy.
- Disappointing First(and Last) VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012It was my first time at this restaurant, and I doubt I will be back. My "lobster carbonara" had so much bacon, it was difficult to taste any other flavors in the dish, especially not lobster. I also tried rainbow trout that was dry and flavorless. I thought all the dishes had too much salt in them. The worst was dessert - chocolate cake was so dense, you thought you were eating country bread, but my companion liked key lime pie. Overall, I am very disappointed in the quality of dishes offered. Our server was very good, attentive and pleasant but I did not appreciate my main course being brought before I finished salad.
- I had high hopes, but wasfljim13Dined on 7/23/2012I had high hopes, but was somewhat disappointed. The service was fair, but the food lacked something. My date had "marinated" salmon that seemed to have not been marinated. I had a ribeye steak that was not the best. It was cooked correctly, but it was just not a good cut of meat. And, I had to request a steak knife which I thought was a bit odd since we were at a steak and seafood restaurant. I doubt seriously that we will go back. Even with the slightly discounted price during Restaurant Week, I don't feel it was worth the money.
- our waiter was very friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2012our waiter was very friendly, service was good.... a little loud food was good, not greatSpecial Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012We were seated right at the front behing the hostess podium, so we felt as though we didn't really enter the restaurant. We couldn't really see anything d/t the high back booth. It was private, but we would like to have felt as though we were in the restaurant to take in the views so to speak. The food was average, nothing to rave about. I ordered a lemon drop cocktail and it was lacking in flavor. The server was friendly and attended to our needs promptly. The calamari was the worst I've ever had so I sent it back and ordered the blackberry salad which was refreshing. The Mahi-Mahi dish was good as was the ribeye entree my husband chose. The ambience and quality of food was a bit lacking so we definitely prefer The Palm much better. averagSpecial Features: