127 Chemin de Kandahar
Mont-Tremblant, QC J8E1T1Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avalanchebistro.com/
- Phone: 8196814727
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Alexandre Gaudette
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautifully decorated second floor can be reserved for private parties/special occasions (wedding receptions, birthdays, business occasions, etc) of 20-60people. The room features a fireplace and private bar. You can also reach Giovanna at 819-421-0421.
- Private Party Contact: Cedric 8194302794
- Entertainment: L'Avalache features a live musician every Thursday and Friday (and most Saturdays). Come groove to the tuns and enjoy our martini menu.
- Special Events: We always like special occasions and we ask our chef to design special menus to celebrate these events: Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Thanks giving...
We also are able to take group bookings and design a special event of your own!
- Cross Street: La Chapelle
- Public Transit: There is a City Bus stop near by, as well as, the free Tremblant shuttle that can take you to and from any parking lot in the resort
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: L'Avalanche can reserve parking at the West Inn hotel (located near the restaurant) - parking fee is applicable. Frequent guests receive free parking on their third visit.
A word from L'Avalanche
L'Avalanche will take you on a culinary voyage down a contemporary Silk Road by combining the delicate dishes of North American with Mediterranean and Asian flavors. Truly an exotic culinary experience beyond compare. The restaurant also features an expansive selection of specialty cocktails and tapas served by a jovial, motivated and attentive team. With its modern décor, bohemian touches, and featuring the only martini bar on the mountain, L’Avalanche is definitely worth the memorable visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Avalanche reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/27/2012Awesome restaurant, don't hesitate and go there. We were a large group and everything went smoothly!
- l'entrée et le plat principalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012l'entrée et le plat principal étaient bien. Mais les desserts étaient de qualité médiocres. le service était sympatique mais nous avons attendus les desserts médiocres 40 minutes. c'est beaucoup trop et nous a pratiquement gâché la soirée. c'est regrettable parce que tout le reste s'était très bien passé. Il faut améliorer cela !Special Features:
- Food was good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/20/2012Food was good, but service was not. Our waiter was new, so I am not considering him. I noticed, however, a number of other patrons complaining about service, wrong wine being brought to the table, not having the wine in stock, etc. You are crammed in like sardines, so it seemed a bit chaotic when people were being seated while food was being served.
- Special Treat for Tremblant StayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2012Great food and knowledgeable staff. Simon, our waiter, was able to discuss a broad range of topics from each menu item (including unusual garnishes such as beet and corn sprouts) to the best type of ski binding.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal andkathykDined on 2/24/2012We had a wonderful meal and truly enjoyed our evening. Seafood pasta and rack of lamb were both fantastic. It was a great place to enjoy our last evening of our vacation.. I would definitely return for another meal should we come back to Tremblant.
- L'avalanche--worth a visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2012A very good example of French bistro dining located in a picturesque spot in Tremblant Village. The atmosphere was very nice and could be romantic. We were there early when there were many kids but that was ok, too. Food of a high quality and well prepared. We enjoyed it a great deal and would return. Notable were the duck confit and warm goat cheese salad.Special Features:
- Tables were close to one another,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Tables were close to one another, not much space from the table behind you or beside. Food was good, had the chicken with vegetables. Loved the entertainer ! Good music! Maybe try something more jazzy, I think it would suit the restaurants ambiance.Special Features:
- It was our anniversary andklb252Dined on 1/21/2012It was our anniversary and they played "Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra over their sound system and the whole restaurant clapped in unison to the music while they brought out dessert with a sparkler. What a celebration!Special Features:
- Not a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2012The restaurant was highly recommended but did not live up to any part of that recommendation. The service began OK but the service was absent after that. The filet steaks were suppose to be medium (lots of pink) but were hockey pucks and there was no one to complain to. There were a few small potatoes and three spears of vegetables. Extra veg were $8.00 each. The desert was suppose to be a Quebec favourite (hot with maple syrup) but was still frozen in the centre, The first coffee was cold and the next luke warm. We left - not happy but much poorer.
- 5è visite à ce restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/20125è visite à ce restaurant toujours apprécié de toute la famille, mais cette fois-ci, j'ai trouvé les portions minuscules (rapport quantité/prix) On dirais qu'à chaque visite les prix augmentent et les quantités diminuent! Dommage... car, c'était un incontournable lorsque nous allions faire du ski.
- Not as good as years past...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2011We have eaten here on past visits to Tremblant and the food and service were much better on the past visits. We ate the tapas, and none of them wowed us as before. Hope the kitchen just had an off night, but there kist seemed to be some attention to detail missing, both in the food and service. Also, the live entertainment was too loud for the size of the eating area.Special Features:
- With dozens of restaurantsJWeisbrodVIPDined on 10/10/2011With dozens of restaurants in the skiing capital of Quebec, this restaurant stands out by offering delicious french cooking at reasonable prices in the heart of the Mont-Tremblant pedestrian village. I had Rack of Lamb that was delicious and enough to satisfy the hunger after a full day of hiking or skiing. Delicious soups and a wide selection of entrees make this a great place to eat in Mont-Tremblant.Special Features:
- A wasted and expensive eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2011The food is very expensive and the quality was mediocre at best. The service was very bad, we had to serve our wine ourselves and had to ask 3 times for water. At $225 for two, I would have expected much more. The music was extremely loud and the staff kept on changing the tunes every 5 minutes, changing the mood and ambiance at each time. Tables were very close to each other (3 inches apart). I will never go back to this restaurant and would not recommend it to anyone.
- My husband and I had a giftOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011My husband and I had a gift certificate at Avalanche for $100.00. It was our anniversary and we thought we would spend a night in Mont Trembant and enjoy a nice diner. When we presented them with the certificate, we were told that we were only allowed three items from the main menu. It was embarassing that they came to our table to explain this to us and that surrounding tables could hear. Instead of just telling us to order what we wanted and anything over $100.00 we would have to pay. Also at the end of the meal I ordered the cream brulé and they charge me an extra $2.00 because they said the certificate was only for cheese cake. We didn't appreciate being nickeled and dimed.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed a nice,DeblangeVIPDined on 9/19/2011We really enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner here. Terrific wait staff and chef, charming atmosphere and some exceptional tapas.
- Overpriced for the qualityWineNFoodDined on 8/29/2011Overpriced for the quality of the food. The staff wasn't really welcoming we had to wait a few minutes to be aknowledge at the entrance. The waitress doesn't have enough experience and needed a constant supervision. Our appetizers were barely warm. We asked for a cappucino and instead of being made with espresso it was made with filtered coffee, which is unacceptable. One good note the bartender made mind blowing cocktails.
- Best in TremblantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2011Best in Tremblant great service from Stephane , Fresh and amazing food .Compliments to the Chef . Thanks to Cedric (Owner) for a n outstanding service and great choice menu GREAT Job..Special Features:
- J'ai vraiment adoré mon expérienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011J'ai vraiment adoré mon expérience chez l'avalanche ! La nourriture était excellente, tout comme l'ambiance et le service ! Évidemment, ce n'est pas le genre de restaurant je peux me permettre toutes les semaines, mais le prix en vaut définitivement la peine ! À essayer absolument !Special Features:
- AMAZINGLY GREAT & FRESHOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2011Great service from Stephane , from the entree of shrimp / cocnut WOW to the plate of Salmon ... amazing to the desert ....Compkliments to the Chef . Cedric GREAT Job..Special Features:
- We where surprised by theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2011We where surprised by the quality of the service et de l"accueil. La nourriture /tait excellente, le serveur nous a fait meme deguster le choix de notre vin.Special Features:
- Nous avons bien apprécié notreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2011Nous avons bien apprécié notre souper. La nourriture est très bonne. Toutefois l'endroit eset un peu exigü et la musique quoique approprié était un peu trop forte si nous voulions jaser.
- Excellent food and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011Excellent food and ambiance. Service , even the waiter was an excellent communicator, was a little too speedy. Make sure to tell the waiter if you are not in a rush.Special Features:
- Big menu seems to offer ambitiousOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/19/2011Big menu seems to offer ambitious amount of variety but the chef delivers good food in all directions. We were pleasantly surprised by the deliciousness and even felt the prices were reasonable. Imagine. Very friendly service and more than one waiter would attend us in this small open room.Special Features:
- great food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011great food, friendly service but not punctual, nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- I was so disappointed. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2011I was so disappointed. Every restaurant that we have found on opentable.com has been wonderful, but this one was not. The service was extremely slow and terrible. The waiter mixed up our order. My husband ordered the rack of lamb and he received a tenderloin. It was also very noisy and the tables are very, very close to one another.
- Tapas were delicious!!! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011Tapas were delicious!!! Service was #1 Can't wait to go again. I went there with my wife after a pass at the Spa Scandinave, what a way to finish our day!!! I don't remember the name of our server but he was very funny and professional. Also, i really like their Martini.Special Features:
- Being one of only two frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2011Being one of only two french restaurants on Mont Tremblant, we were hoping for a spectacular dinner ... not what we got. Service and ambiance was okay, food very disappointing. Four of us sat down looking for good french cuisine. The escargot were chewy and sauce was nothing more than melted gorgonzola. The foie gras was prepared to the "chef's inspiration"? Not much inspiration going on. The rack of lamb was good, the veal chop special was dry and lacked flavor, as did the sauce. My daughter had the best meal by far ... the tartar duo and grilled pear salad. Lots of money for little flavor and satisfaction..
- Our party of three had a veryPatinaVIPDined on 1/14/2011Our party of three had a very enjoyable and memorable evening on our winter vacation. Although, we left more snow at home in Massachusetts, we still a had a great time in Mont Tremblant. The meal here was superb as well as the ambiance.Special Features:
- We had a very special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2011We had a very special night at L'Avalanche. The service and food were simply excellent. The ambiance can't beat, it is so differenct from the rest of Tremblant Village. They had a backgound singer who was very very good. All in all one of those nights to remember!Special Features:
- The ambiance and service wereHridoydoctorVIPDined on 12/25/2010The ambiance and service were great. The waitress was very caring. I liked the food but would recommend to the chef to make the cooking a bit lighter. However, the restaurant is billed as "Rustic French Cooking", which has bit of heavier fare. Overall would recommend it for a good dinner.Special Features:
- A great find at the Mont TremblantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/18/2010A great find at the Mont Tremblant resort. We enjoyed our meal very much, there was much to choose from. The escargot item was a favorite, but everything we ordered was unique and delicious. The live music was a nice touch that added to the atmosphere. Service was with a smile, but our waitress DID forget to bring us a bread basket until we actually asked for it. Overall, a nice, cozy place. We will return and recommend it.Special Features:
- Overall it was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2010Overall it was very good. Good food, good service, good singer during the evening. It's a bit pricy but it's the Mont-Tremblant after all :).
- L'Avalanche was a truly fantasticFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2010L'Avalanche was a truly fantastic experience all around. The service was great, the food was incredible. We had all tapas dishes and every one was delicious, the flavors were not overpowering but complimented each main ingredient perfectly. The ambience and music were great as well. Its small inside but it was cozy. A must if you are visiting Mont. Tremblant!!!Special Features:
- Les tapas sont vraiment délicieux!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2010Les tapas sont vraiment délicieux! Nous avons choisis le plateau de terre à partager et c'était vraiment divin! La présentation était très soignée et les plats étaient cuisinés à la perfection. Grande sélection de cocktails (martinis) disponible. Le restaurant était peu achalandé au moment de notre visite et le service fût également impeccable!Special Features:
- Très belle soirée. Notre serveurOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2010Très belle soirée. Notre serveur Simon, excellent service. Nous y allons souvent et c'est toujours un endroit bien agréable.
- The most flavourful food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2010The most flavourful food, i have eaten. you can taste everything, very fresh. They have a helpful dynamic staff, in which i really liked. i would reccomend this to all of my colleagues ! it might be a litttle on thee expensive side, but worth every penny. from the tapas to the main course ....WOW...must try.Special Features:
- L'Avalanche in Mont TremblantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2010L'Avalanche in Mont Tremblant was an unexpected gem. We enjoyed the tapas "Earth Sampler" very much, and the martini - whew! Strong but great flavour. A varied selection of martini choices. Service was very enjoyable, Jab from Cannes. Welcome to Canada, Jab. The outdoor patio was lovely, comfortable seating and well lit once dusk set in. We would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Mt-Tremblant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2010Best restaurant in Mt-Tremblant. Cozy warm atmosphere with great service from he staff.Special Features:
- Overpriced, but still prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/5/2010Overpriced, but still pretty good food. Went with 2 kids almost 4 and 2 years, and the waiter was very friendly and accommodating. A live music performance, which was not too loud despite being right next to our table, also entertained the kids through dessert. Even the elk was pretty good. But for 4 adults and 2 kids, with only a couple of drinks, and including tip, our tab was $420. To be fair, everything else in the Tremblant pedestrian village was also overpriced.
- went 2 times during christmasFoodieChrisDined on 12/28/2009went 2 times during christmas holidays. it was very good and the service is great. The first time I had tapas that are very good - try the giant shrimp- excellent, the second time around I had the lamb, it was great, very tasty and portions are sufficient. A bit too expensive....230 dolars for 2 (bottle of wine -mid expensive- included).Special Features: