314C 10 St NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1V8Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lavadining.ca/
- Phone: 4032838608x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday: 5pm - 11pm
Saturday: 11am - 11pm
Sunday: 11am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jason Chen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Lava Dining
Combining the best of French and Asian cuisine, Lava Dining strives to bring you fine dining in a casual and economic experience. From basic pickled vegetables and breads, to the more complicated pastas and sausages and meats, a majority of our ingredients are homemade in order to give you the freshest and the highest quality food we can while also delivering the passion of our chefs to your taste bud. Using only the best, the freshest seasonal products, each dish is guaranteed to impress.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lava Dining - Best Restaurants in Kensington ›
Lava Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- excellent food!!!!!cyehDined on 9/7/2014I was having a good time in Lava dinning with my family celebrating my birthday. their food is very good. I can enjoy Asian and French food togather in this amazing place. for sure I will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I went with my daughter and daughter in law. Really enjoyed the meal white asparagus soup and chicken bacon on chibotta .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and delicate foodCdnEveDined on 8/28/2014On a week night, I decided to try this new restaurant at Kensington with my boyfriend. The restaurant environment was very different from others. The black and white contrast gave the restaurant a modern look but with the wall showing the sketches of animal parts brought a casual feeling that warmed you up. The server greeted us genuinely and gave us a quick rundown of the daily special. We decided to have a light meal; therefore, we shared a salad, steak and dessert. The Asian bouquet was fresh with well balanced dressing. The steak was perfectly cooked and the mash potato was creamy and delicious. Both of us were pretty full after the meal. We will definitely recommend Lava Dining to our friends.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great service!EnjoyinglifeDined on 8/27/2014I ordered the thai chili calamari and ratatouille and papardelle, they were really delicious! The thai chili calamari wasn't deep fried, it was very different from other restaurants, it was very refreshing, I really enjoyed eating it! The ratatouille and papardelle was very delicious, and I was very stuffed after finishing my meal! My server was very friendly and nice. I will definitely come back to try out more things in lava dining!Special Features:
- NicknameDined on 8/17/2014Menu selection for dinner is limited but the food is good.Special Features:
- seems simple but not simpleDizzyPierreDined on 8/13/2014the foie gras terrine is amazing, so smooth and rich after taste. The rib eye is a must try, it seems like a simple rib steak, the demi-glace sauce bring out strong and rich beef taste, i really love it!Special Features:
- very small portionsgrumblytummyDined on 8/8/2014Very small portions, left hungry and went to another restaurant to finish eating.
- Worth visitingtroutchaserDined on 7/30/2014A little tucked out of the way on 10th Street but well worth the visit. The halibut was done to perfection and the presentation was exceptional. Nice wine pairing choices to boot. We have recommended Lava Dining to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic plain casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Lava was nothing special. Food was okay but basic. Basically an off the street restuarant and bar. Service was fine but dress was street casula by staff. Bar in background was loud. Okay for a quick bite but not for a date night or recommendation to friends.
- Awesome Food - Poor Street PresenceAnonVIPDined on 7/24/2014The pork belly and duck confit tacos are amazing. All the appetizers (Muscles with Chorizo and Sautéed Calamari Salad) were outstanding. Steak and roasted duck were fantastic. Mashed potatoes with herbs are worth the trip alone. The store front is hidden but, do not let this deter you as it does not reflect on the quality of what's inside. Service was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out very good... but then-RitzyDined on 7/24/2014Excellent server, a really decent wine and the tuna salad and the calamari starter were wonderful. Halibut was well cooked but did not all like the salty noodles/miso with the halibut. Both the front staff and kitchen were very accommodating in providing another option. I will give the restaurant another chance - it is so pretty and was also very clean. Our server was awesome.
- Raises bar in KensingtonGussyBearVIPDined on 7/17/2014Couldn't face another evening of burgers and fries, and shouting over Midtown's always too-loud sound system so we were happy to find Lava Dining. Oddly shaped building cramped the front entry, but interior was spacious, elegant with contemporary, muted tones. Happy hour runs 4-8. Nice list of inventive cocktails. Small, well-chosen wine list. Food was artfully presented. 3 delicious sushi sliders $14: Crispy tempura of sushi rice discs filled with savoury, cool tuna tartare. Miso broth with bokchoy and tofu was delish but small for $7. Standard Momofuku-style buns with pork belly (of course), duck confit, braised beef. Friendly, competent service. Nice addition to Kensington dining scene that sees too many pubs and coffee shops.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Lava Dining reviews archive.