295, St-Paul Est
Montreal, QC H2Y 1H1Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restoversion.com/
- Phone: 5148719135
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Étienne Whalen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from L'Autre Version
L’Autre Version owners Stéphanie Gemme and Benoit Marcotte and their team are dedicated to offer their patrons a warm experience. Chef Étienne Whalen's tasting menu and à la carte menu offer a variety of flavours that will drive you to sheer ecstasy. Treat your taste buds with our moleculary cuisine, enhanced by the freshness and tastefulness of ingredients from Québec.Continued
And for your special events, a private dining area that holds up to 30 people is available.
Come to l’Autre Version for an unforgettable dining experience.
And for your special events, a private dining area that holds up to 30 people is available.
Come to l’Autre Version for an unforgettable dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Autre Version reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food, great serviceVeroDined on 11/23/2013This restaurant is amazing! The food and the service was amazing! The waiter goes through the whole menu with you just to ensure you make the right choice. The octopus is a must... the best I ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodabrasifDined on 11/16/2013Food was good. Limited choice but something for everybody. Service was very good. However it is a bit pricey. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Autre Version Montreal a TableArupDined on 11/10/2013We had a very enjoyable evening. The food for $39 per person was exceptional and the choices great. The service was friendly and very helpful The sever took her time to explain all the items on the menu in detail. It was a wonderful dining experience. There was a good selection of wines by the glass and they were reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Less experiments, more taste...HarlieDined on 11/7/2013Just a bit too much on the side of experimental. Gluing scallops together is unique but useless and they were too salty. Nothing else on the plate stood out. We had to send the venison back because it was completely inedible. Chewy and over sous-vided! The duck was delicious but again, the rest of the plate really didn't work with it. The onion was way too sweet and there was a strange molecular gastronomy trendy 5-spice powder which was absolutely unnecessary and too strong. Other than that, the ambiance was nice and the rest of the dishes were solid but not outstanding. It was worth it for Mtl a Table but I don't think we would go back otherwise.Special Features:
- We were the only ones in thepvgirlDined on 10/22/2013We were the only ones in the restaurant that evening. Our first course was fine but we both got the chicken breast and it was dry. Would not return. But our waiter was great.
- great presentation and fooddancingdivaDined on 10/5/2013great service, the presentation of food with different tastes enhances experience, food was good but not exceptional, but I would definately try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, delicious, localTamaraDined on 9/21/2013This was our first time there and we intend to return. The food was interesting, delicious "haute cuisine" with an apparent emphasis on local ingredients. The portions were smallish but appropriately so. I thoroughly enjoyed the "prix fixe", decision-free taster option. The service was extraordinarily attentive, competent and friendly. The ambiance was unexceptional and perhaps a little conservative but very pleasant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2013I was visiting Montreal with a few friends and we wanted a really good meal. We were not disappointed. The service, food presentation,portions all outstanding. The menu offers duck, fish, seafood, poultry, beef and a vegetarian entrée. Good selection of appetizers and wine list. The only thing we were confused about was that on trip advisor it was listed as a Mediterranean restaurant which is is not. I would call this french Canadian with a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DinningRebeccaDined on 9/13/2013Great Food. Beautiful Presentation. Upscale Dinning experience.. The taste combinations were Wonderful!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the TerraceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2013The food was really good but the service staff was spread too thin. It took about 15 minutes to order drinks and we had to ask for menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for your palate!BelginLDined on 8/31/2013We had a lovely dinner from the yummy octopus appetizer to the amazing hazelnut dessert! I might add that this might have been the best dessert I have ever had-and we've eaten at many 5 star venues around the world! The back patio is so lovely at night and the food was superb. I had the scallops and my husband and son had the Peking duck-all were prepared perfectly! Would definitely recommend it for a family special occasion or a romantic anniversary like ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013We love this place and just celebrated our 19th anniversary here. It has a really nice terrace but it was raining so we ate indoors. The service is excellent, the atmosphere is really nice (not loud) except for the techno music. I got the Peking Duck which was excellent, and my husband got the beef which was very good. For dessert the 5 chocolate was very good and the mango flan was awesome. I give 5 stars for food only when I think "oh my God this is awesome" so this visit was a 4.5 for food, but other times has been a 5. Would totally recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013I enjoyed the food and ambiance of this restaurant in old Montreal. The rabbit starter with violet mustard was delicious, as was my peking duck. Chocolate 5 ways for desert was to die for! I would recommend this place for a romantic or special occasion dinner - not a hopping restaurant scene like up on the plateau or on Crescent street, but a great place for a nice quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- À fantastic terrace in old MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/1/2013Looking for excellent food and extraordinary presentation, L 'Autre Version!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a place for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2013This was a memorable food tasting experience. Sure, the place is pricy but the plates and combination of flavors justify it. In short, highly recommended . Try the sampler plate :-)Special Features:
- Good but expensive...LapinVIPDined on 5/11/2013Everythings are good and well done, but missing the WOW effect to make you would pay again for the price asked. Very attentive service...
- We had the tasting menu, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We had the tasting menu, which was sensational. We also had the wine pairings, and these too were excellent. The service was a highlight, with each course explained with great detail and passion for the food. The evening was not cheap, but well worth the price for the occasional splurge.Special Features:
- Je voulais essayer l'AutreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013Je voulais essayer l'Autre Version depuis longtemps et j'ai malheureusement été déçue, de même que mes 2 amis. Un sept services banal, sans recherche au niveau des saveurs, un canard caoutchouteux, des légumes d'accompagnement pratiquement non-cuit... Un seul service retient notre attention : Le granité de betterave au fromage de chèvre. Peut-être sommes-nous tombé sur une mauvaise journée ?! Au niveau du service, courtois et sympathique : rien à redire, bravo.
- Excellent de l'acceuil au caféOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013L'expérience de ce que l'on espère d'un excellent resto, de l'acceuil au café! Chapeau! Bien que je ne sois pas fan de cuisine moléculaire ou exploratoire, j'ai été soufflé par la qualité des plats et des saveurs présenté. De plus, la carte en offre VRAIMENT pour tout les goûts. Je recommande sans réserve.Special Features:
- Dommage!JeanClaudeVIPDined on 1/26/2013C'est environ ma 4ème visite et chaque fois je trouve que la cuisine se détériore. C'est devenu l'Autre Version de L'Autre Version. Plus rien à voir avec Laurent Godbout. J'avais pris le veau et celui-ci était extrêmement sec. De plus la cuisine avait oublié la sauce qui devait le napper. Le dessert qui aurait voulu être une déclinaison de chocolat était tout à fait quelconque et sans saveur. Je pense que le chef en fonction ce soir-là, n'aurait pas passé la première étape de Ça va chauffer! Par contre notre serveuse était très agréable et très professionnelle. Néanmoins, je crois que si la direction décide de donner le coup de barre nécessaire, ce lieu peut retrouver son lustre d'antan et j'y retournerai pour le constater.
- un vrai plaisirOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Excellente cuisine ! innovateur et délicieux ! a essayéSpecial Features:
- Oustanding Montreal Fine DiningMontrealFineDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2012Sweetie and I have been to L'Autre Version three times in the past year, and everytime was a memorable experience. We had the pleasure of having Martin, the stellar maitre d' all three times, and he certainly played a major part in our delight. The first outing was during Montreal en Lumière, while the second outing was to take advantage of their wonderful courtyard terrace during summer, something which I highly recommend. Last week we went for Taste MTL. All three times, the service was splendid, the food delicious and presentation creative. The staff also is erudite regarding wine pairings, and the wine list is extensive and varied. We will be going back.Special Features:
- A must try in Old MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012Benoit and his staff make you feel at home. The food and presentations are amazing. A must try is there seared foie gras and there peking brome duck, truly worth your while. There cheese platter can end your night with a pairing of the many wines they have.Special Features:
- Food is spectacular. ContenderPackmanMtlDined on 10/23/2012Food is spectacular. Contender for top 5 table in Montreal.Special Features:
- Of our culinary adventuresOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Of our culinary adventures in Montreal these past 4 days, L'Autre Version was our favorite. The staff was amazing and made our whole experience so memorable. Each of our choices were perfect. Venison, fois gras and scallops tartare were the best! Leave room for desserts.... the chocolate mousse was a delight to the eye and palate. Of course the creme brule could not be beat. Our server did an excellent job suggesting wine pairings.Special Features:
- There are better places in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The food is great. The problem is the waiters serving you as if they smelled something bad when they approach you. Also the best restaurants in Montreal are "tourist friendly" but this is not. Me and my wife had a much better time at Quattro and Joe's beef.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere on the terraceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2012Great atmosphere on the terrace at night - food was very good. All in all a wonderful experience. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- During our week in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012During our week in Montreal we booked four of the top recommended restaurants in the Old Montreal area (using Open Table and Tripadvisor). Hands down this was the best experience for food, service, and atmosphere. The outdoor garden atmosphere was the best possible. We enjoy dining when we travel and this matches our best experiences in North American cities or even France or Italy.Special Features:
- Astounding! Most creative,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2012Astounding! Most creative, entertaining, and fascinating meal we have ever had, by far! (We're from San Francisco and have traveled a lot around the world, and eat in very fine restaurants!) Not every dish was out of this world, but the presentation was amazing!Special Features:
- Ample portions mask the highTurkVIPDined on 7/16/2012Ample portions mask the high prices- but the food is very good- especially the sweetbreads! Eating in the open terrace is a treat.Special Features:
- Not to be missed in Old M.2bigeatersVIPDined on 7/12/2012Very, very good selection of creative dishes, artfully presented. We understood the menu is new but we couldn't tell. Everything seemed a tried and true favorite. The lobster....to die for. All of the staff were extremely accomodating and welcoming, funny and, actually, entertaining. This experience is dining at its best. Special kudos to Martin for a fun evening.Special Features:
- Excellent d'un bout à l'autreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012Ce restaurant est dans mon top 5 à Montréal, la nourriture était exquise, parfaitement assaisonnée, l'ambiance tout à fait génial pour un souper romantique, ainsi qu'un service hors pair par le très sympatique Jean-François. Je recommande ce restaurant à tous ceux qui désire découvrir un menu haut en surprise, avec une ambiance feutrée et romantique ainsi qu'une carte des vins très recherchée, que nous avons beaucoup appréciée!Special Features:
- We picked four restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012We picked four restaurants in Montreal for our five day stay and L'Autre Version was by far the best pick. Everything from the service to the quality and presentation of food was great.Special Features:
- Nice patioNCgirlVIPDined on 6/18/2012Expensive for what you get. Nice patio dining with good service.Special Features:
- Outstanding service (friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2012Outstanding service (friendly and fast) and did not mind that we did not speak French. Excellent food and reasonably priced. Third time we've had dinner here during the Grande Prix.
- Although we couldn't eat outside,BearmomDined on 6/3/2012Although we couldn't eat outside, too cold, The patio is beautiful. Food lovely and very original.Special Features:
- The food was excellent-fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012The food was excellent-from the complimentary amuse bouche through the main courses and a shared dessert. For wine lovers they have a very nice option of very expensive wines by the glass. There were about 10 choices of assorted reds and whites. My date and I each tried a new wine at under $20/glass that we would never have dared try at upward of $150/bottle. The staff were informative , polite and answered our many queries kindly-even though we do not speak french. The terrace is very beautiful-the plants and lighting create a very romantic ambience. Highly recommend this place. There is also a tasting menu available, with or without wines.Special Features:
- The food was good...but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012The food was good...but the service and the ambiance were extraordinary!! As other reviewers have shared, the portions are very, very small, but presentation is lovely. The tastes were good but not phenomenal. The quality of service and the décor, etc. were marvellous. So the total package is very enjoyable experience!!Special Features:
- Good, interesting food. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012Good, interesting food. Very long wait for our meal. An hour between the starter and the main and we were starving by the time it came and our wine was almost done. It was an unacceptable wait and very frustrating. We were told there was a large group they were serving. Still there was a table next to us who ordered after us who had gotten their dessert and paid and we were still waiting. The food may have been great but the long wait soured the experience. We left before dessert and went in search of something else. We were still hungry after our main. The service was great, our waiter was friendly and all the wait staff offered advice. It was a nice place.Special Features:
- Nous avons très bien mangéOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012Nous avons très bien mangé lorsqu'enfin les plats sont enfin arrivés. En effet, nous avons attendu près de 2:30 avant de recevoir notre plat principal. La maison nous a offert un granité comme entre-mets pour nous faire patienter, ce qui fut apprécié. Les serveurs(es) sont jeunes avec peu d'expérience. On s'attendrait à un service impeccable, mais malgré leurs efforts, cet aspect fut décevant. Je vous recommande ce resto si vous désirez passer un agréable soirée sur une des plus belle terrasses de Montréal l'été. Par contre, ne soyez pas pressé.Special Features: