209 North Washington Street
Havre De Grace, MD 21078Neighborhood:
Havre De Grace
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurrapin.com/
- Phone: 4109394956
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 11am to 10pm
Friday - Saturday 11am to 12am
Sunday - 12pm to 5 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Clarke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: No party is too big...No party is too small. The Laurrapin’s trained professional staff will handle all the details to make your event one you and your guests will truly enjoy. Let us meet with you to design a menu that will satisfy your palate and your budget. We are able to execute simple buffets and hors d"oeuvre receptions to custom multi-course plated dinners, backyard barbeques and theme parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Laurrapin Grille has space available in the restaurant to accommodate private parties up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sherifa Clarke 4109394956
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Laurrapin Grille
Executive Chef and Owner Bruce Clarke presents New American/Northern California cuisine with a local Chesapeake flair. The menu reflects seasonally available ingredients, focusing on clean, simple flavors. The Laurrapin serves only the freshest organic products whenever possible as well as sustainable meat and seafood. We constantly seek out locally sourced ingredients, work with organic growers, and support sustainable processes and techniques. At the Laurrapin, it"s about finding the best ingredients from Harford and Cecil Counties and beyond. We're strong believers in knowing exactly where our food comes from, so that when you enter the Laurrapin, you'll know it too.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Laurrapin Grille - Best Restaurants in Havre De Grace ›
Laurrapin Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (48)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (24)good for groups (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (15)notable wine list (13)romantic (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great FoodWayneDined on 9/18/2014I eat at Laurrapin frequently and have never been disappointed. My favorite dish there is Osso-Buco. Much of the food is from local farmers. There are several dining areas, including a bar. I prefer the small room away from the noise around the bar. Laurrapin can be a swinging place on weekends.Special Features:
- Awesome spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Came here for the first time a couple nights ago - loved it! Was waiting for my boyfriend so grabbed a spot at the bar...great happy hour & a nice bartender! Was sat a bit before our reservation time which was great. Calamari was to die for! We both got sandwiches...Harford County french dip & the bison burger - both very good. The half price bottles of wine on Tuesdays are a plus too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday NightDianeDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding. The specials were very inspired and creative. Some fun flavors. Very eclectic decor. Wait staff very knowledgeable. Only drawback, very loud.Special Features:
- Scallop special was a jokeBeePeepDined on 9/12/2014We went to Laurrapin Grille during the course of a day trip to Havre de Grace. We were seated next to the hallway/bathroom and asked to be moved. We were told all the other tables were reserved, even though there was only one other couple in the dining room at the time. The hostess did return shortly and give us a better table. The cheese plate appetizer was good and my partner's chicken entree was very good. However, my entree was so disappointing that I would not return or recommend the restaurant. Imagine paying $22 for a total of three scallops and a quarter cup of rice. It was an appetizer priced and served as an entree. I emailed the restaurant to let them know of our experience, good and bad, but have not heard back from them yet.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We love Laurrapin and frequent it often. The food is alway excellent and they can accommodate gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!jmevball28Dined on 8/30/2014We were recommended this restaurant by a co-worker, it was for a laid back birthday celebration and fit our plans perfectly. We sat in the lounge area with a nice view of the neighborhood and bar area without being right at the bar. The decor was inviting and updated. Our server was amazing, he made recommendations right off the bat and was able to answer all questions we had promptly. He said the drunken clams were great, he was right. He said the fig mojito was awesome, right again. Two of our party had the rock fish, which was amazing. My mother in law had the vegetable wellington which she loved. I had the pear Gorgonzola salad with blackened tuna which was perfect. It's not close by but will definitely be worth the return trip!Special Features:
- hungryDined on 8/29/2014we used to enjoy the food. Perhaps we felt negative due to the screaming child that was out of control. Will try to grille one more time.
- Great food & atmosphereSaltlifemacDined on 8/28/2014We've eaten at Laurrapin Grille twice in one month and have yet to find anything "bad" about this place. Great food, great atmosphere, great service and a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sal4diningDined on 8/20/2014We travel nearly an hour to dine at Laurrapin Grille. Perhaps that alone says it all. The service always is outstanding. The food always is very good. The restaurant offers a variety of "moods" from the very casual bar, a casual dining area and the more formal (never stuffy) dining room. If we lived closer, we'd dine there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014would have loved this place had it NOT been so incredibly LOUD. Not "energetic" as your choices allow. Too damn loud. Tiny table, hard chairs. Excellent menu selections. happened to be Steak &Wine night. As usual, my husband's first wine selection unavailable. Food prepared well, but NY strip not as good as TR/Frederick or LJs/hagerstown. Ossobuco excellent. I do business in town 1-2 days a week. Will have to expore other options before I return.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!CPB1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband, adult son and I had dinner at the Laurrapin Grille on Friday night when there was live music. It was our first time in Havre de Grace as well as the restaurant, and we had a wonderful meal. The service was friendly, the food was delicious and the band was enjoyable to listen to. We will be back!Special Features:
- Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/13/2014There is a variety of food choices on the menu which is very important to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This was our first meal there. The wait staff was very helpful and pleasant. The food was very good, with some creative selections that we enjoyed. Worth going back even though we are an hour away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to sayCharlieDined on 8/9/20146 of us dined. Half of us really liked our dishes, the rest thought food was just fair. Great service, desserts and specialty cocktails. Small touristy town, so for nicer dining this may be the best overall choice.
- MacGrouseDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed our visit and will definitely return when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Steamer night...seisanDined on 8/7/2014We had a great dinner, whole red snapper with wild rice and swiss chard as well as the farm house pizza. We followed up with the crème brulee. The service was very good. The steamed mussels and oysters for appetizer were also fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappoints!outnaboutDined on 8/1/2014It's been way too long since we visited the Laurrapin! I was so excited to come back and enjoy their food, everything is fantastic and the service was top notch. It was so good we came back the next day for lunch. if you're in Havre de Grace or even close to it do yourself a favor and go to the Laurrapin, you'll will not regret it!Special Features:
- Nice find!!ptdoc2persDined on 7/31/2014Very pleasant atmosphere with a lot of local charm; decor and food with local touches. The food presentation and quality was exceptional as were the choices and the recommendations by the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hype was bigger than the biteAlchemistRangerVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had heard a lot about the Laurrapin from friends and associates. Everyone we talked to raved about the food and the fact all of the meats and veggies are locally raised. We went on a Thursday, which is their steamer night and they offer a varied of steamed sea foods. However, our impression was that it was just OK. The food was good, but not outstanding. The wine list was OK, but nothing special. In the end we will probably go back, but it hasn't displaced our other local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SomsDined on 7/27/2014A bit out of the way for my wife and I but the food was well worth the trip. We plan on returning there in the near future.Special Features:
- Great food in a good locationAryixDined on 7/26/2014Had a good dinner here, with the Veggie Wellington bring something special. They had a live singer who was awesome himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Disappointed in that the Argentinean Pot Roast dinner was NOT taken off the menu. Supposably your restaurant stopped making the dish days ago and did not take it off the menu or the website. Poor management. You take keep expired items on the menu.
- Didn't live up to the hypeMDVisitorsDined on 7/23/2014Or perhaps we didn't order the best dishes. We went on the recommendation of a few people. The pear salad was fresh but very bland - did they forget the dressing? The ceasar salad was also bland but had too much dressing. The calamari was also bland and flavorless. As a main course, I had the small plate of shrimp and grits. That dish was very flavorful and I would definitely order that again. My husband had the tilapia and said it was very good. We both agreed, the salads and appetizer were very disappointing. For dessert, he had a bread pudding which was more like a bread pudding dense cake. Odd but tasty and he ate it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth visiting again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food was very good and served quickly. Waitress was spot on with recommendations and very nice. However, I was brought a drink I did not order, and had to wait a long time for a water refill. Restaurant was quite busy so I attribute these things to that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They try hardHalADined on 7/19/2014The wait staff was very friendly and tried very hard to please us. But on the pre dinner drink orders they were out of one of the wines by the glass that we ordered, and out of one of the beers that we ordered. For dinner they were out of one of their best known dishes (the Rock fish). At dessert time they were out of the Strawberry pie. For an early Saturday night dinner, they were out of a lot of different items. On the plus side the dinners and desserts we did get were very good, and they did comp us for one dessert. Maybe you will have better luck on a Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!HugeLaurrapinFanVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Laurrapin is one of my favorite dining spots and each time I introduce someone new to the restaurant, they instantly fall in love as well. That's what happened on this visit, as I dined with a friend who hadn't been to the Laurrapin yet and he enjoyed each dish from Bruce's kitchen and each of Chris's mojitos (different flavors!). And the live entertainment was fantastic! Such a great night!Special Features:
- Loved itfoodicoupleDined on 7/9/2014Went back twice while vacationing, great shrimp and grits, interesting menu, enjoyed terrific lamb shank and rockfish, highly recommend Laurarrapin, try it you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- NightoutVIPDined on 7/8/2014Amazing place! Excellent food and service! Really enjoyed our different dishes. Sat in the very back room with glass looking at bay and watched a storm roll through. It was quite enough for excellent conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining room closedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Went to have dinner but power was out. Disappointed because we were going to celebrate a birthday. Hopefully we can come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Laurrapin Grille!winofoodie1231VIPDined on 7/1/2014This is the second time my good friend and I have dined here and once again we were wowed by the food and service. We started with an appetizer of scallops with avocado in a citrus oil sauce and a perfect wine pairing (thanks to our server's suggestion). The appetizer was like summertime in a dish, complemented beautifully by an aromatic, semi-sweet Riesling. For a main course we split a custom-made pizza. Amazing does not do the pizza justice in description. The crust was light and flavorful, all of the toppings were fresh, and, unlike other pizzas, the toppings were balanced throughout and extended to the edge of the crust. Spectacular all around and looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great serviceScoopsDined on 6/28/2014Ask for Melissa she is fantastic. She loves her job the recommendations that she made where spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food and Service Ever !!!!!!!!SarahHDined on 6/28/2014Food is always amazing!! I've been here at least 10 times and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaineRickVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great place for dinner. The appetizer we shared was large and varied (hummus plate). We all had the Moroccan Beef at the suggestion of the waitress and enjoyed the meal. Will have to return to try her other suggestions.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 6/21/2014Crab cake was disappointing. I get much better crab cakes at the Eagle Hotel in Harrisburg, PA. The blackened shrimp were overcooked and hard.Special Features:
- Great ChefsMikecDined on 6/15/2014The food was very well prepared. Rib eye steak was outstanding, as well all of the sides, also, outstanding salads. My wife and I are fans of the Chef, Christine. She develops dishes that are well thought out, inventive, with fresh ideas that are well executed. I think she is a chef that will develop a loyal group of followers. Each time we have visited the Laurrapin Grille we have also found great servers (Alex?) that are friendly and know there business. A pleasure to deal with.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 6/13/2014Food was excellent, our waitress was very informative and I liked that they use local farms for there ingredientsSpecial Features:
- Good and BadLindaHDined on 6/4/2014We were met and seated right away. It was our first visit and had out of town guests with us, so it was nice to be seated at the window with a water view. The waiter came promptly and told us about the menu and took the drink order. I had a pear salad and the glazed Salmon, both of which were delicious. My husband had cream of crab soup and steak. The soup was very good, but the steak was only okay. One of the guests had the Rockfish, which was excellent and his wife had a salad and crabcake dinner. The salad was fine, but the crabcake was small and most definitely not lumb crabmeat and I'm not sure it was even backfin. We'll likely give the restaurant a second chance, because the good food was very good, as was the service.Special Features:
- Local Meat with Good SaladsBostonTerrierDined on 6/3/2014I took my wife to Laurrapin for her birthday. We know Laurrapin from our CSA with Flying Plow Farms. Very Good Food, Nice place, even got a table with a water view. Wine list needs some work to be local but Tuesday Steak Night was great and 1/2 price wine was a winner. Waitress service was poor. Server was knowledgeable of menu and certainly sold the upcoming restaurant events with enthusiasm. We will visit again, but ask for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak But Won't ReturnJoppaGuyDined on 6/3/2014We had a guest from out of town and had heard that Laurrapin was a good place to go. We went on a Tuesday, Steak and Wine Night. The place was packed; good thing we had reservations. It was so loud that we had trouble conversing; they need to put up some sort of noise baffles. Service was fair at best, possibly due to the large crowd. We waited a long while for our cocktails, which arrived with our salads. I prefer to finish my cocktail before starting dinner. The bottle of wine, which was excellent and half-price, didn't arrive until we were half-way done with our steaks, which were also excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014a flawless evening service was wonderful except for main course arriving before we had finished salads but they did take it back till we were finished and had sat a while. no sense of rush no sense of food being over cooked or reheated even coffee at tend of meal was perfect. best dinig experience in a while from here up to NewarkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 325 reviews are from the Laurrapin Grille reviews archive.